Step 1: Indicate where your lift begins.
Step 2: Estimate the number of lifts per minute and the hours of lifting per day.
Step 3: The app calculates the maximum safe lifting weight.
• view and filter recalls and safety alerts
• search recalls and safety alerts by categories (health and consumer products, food and vehicles)
• search recalls and safety alerts by keywords (i.e,: brand name, product type)
• view images and descriptions of products
• share recalls and safety alerts by e-mail
For more information, please visit healthycanadians.gc.ca.
Aussi disponible en français.
Have you ever felt unsafe when walking alone at night, or jogging on a running trail? Have you ever needed an excuse to get out of a bad date or long meeting, or simply been looking for an easier way to hook up with your closest friends? Have you ever worried about how you actually would get help in case of an emergency?
bSafe can help in all situations:
• Set up your own social personal safety network of friends, family and coworkers
• Share locations to find each other more easily (optional)
• Ask friends to walk you home with Follow Me’s live GPS trace, or help friends stay safer by walking them home from wherever you are
• Use Timer Mode to program an automatic alarm that will trigger if you have not checked in in time
• Use I’m Here to tell selected people where you are right now
• Use Fake Call to make the phone ring when you want it to. You can even define who the call should be from
• And in case you are ever in trouble, the Guardian Alert button will immediately notify your friends and family members that you need help, and let them know where you are (GPS) and what’s happening (video). It will even set off a siren (optional)
bSafe is your ultimate safety app! Install it today, and start building your own personal safety network. bSafe puts your safety in your hands - and lets you stay connected with those you love the most and keep them safer too!
Don´t just take our word for it:
• "This is not just an emergency app, it contains features to ensure the users everyday safety" - Techcrunch
• "You set up the safety net, the app does the rest" - CBS
• "This is one of the first apps you should install" - Examiner.com
Keywords: alone, follow, alarm, alert, application, best, bipper, be safe, besafe, b-safe, bsafe, button, call, camera, cell, cheap, communicate, contact, control, convenient, coordinates, device, directions, distress, easy, emergency, evidence, fear, friend, GPS, great, handheld, location, locator, maps, mobile, panic, phone, photo, popular, protect, reliable, report, responsibility, safe, search, security, smartphone, SMS, SOS, surveillance, telenav, track, trafficing, TXT, usage, user-friendly, video, top, free, social, walk, night, campus, jogging, safety, network, women, rape, alarm, maps, search, directions, guardian, timer, home, today, free, flashlight
- Functionality in both French and English
- Multiple siren settings
- Siren activation sends an emergency email to a pre-set SOS contact with approximate coordinates and places an emergency outgoing call to a pre-programmed number
- A wide range of facts and information on women's health and wellness
- Connections to nearby YWCAs, emergency hotlines, health centres and clinics
- Access to a library of women’s health resources
This app inidicates the right PPE for you.
Using Stress Check by Azumio you will be able to:
-Quantify your level of stress
-Determine the effects of different stressors
-Control stress and observe progress
-Reduce chances of certain chronic diseases known to be correlated with stress
Everyone has experienced changes in heart rate before taking an exam, giving a public speech, or when exercising. In fact, not only does your heart rate increase, but the time variations between consecutive heart beats become more random and scattered as well. By analyzing this factor of heart rate variability (HRV), it is possible to estimate your level of stress wherever you are, with no additional hardware.
Analysis of HRV requires heart pulse data to be measured continuously for a certain period of time. The more you use Stress Check, the better the app gets to know you and your heart.
Algorithms used to analyze HRV follow recommendations of European Society of Cardiology (ESC) and the North American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology (NASPE).
If you consistently observe high levels of stress we recommend using Azumio’s stress relief application, Stress Doctor: a biofeedback app that uses deep a breathing technique for stress reduction.
Stress Check utilizes a method of quantitative stress level assessment developed by Biocom Technologies, a well-known developer of various professional health assessment technologies.
Swine flu, also known as 2009 H1N1 type A influenza, is a human disease. People get the disease from other people, not from pigs.
The disease originally was nicknamed swine flu because the virus that causes the disease originally jumped to humans from the live pigs in which it evolved. The virus is a "reassortant" -- a mix of genes from swine, bird, and human flu viruses. Scientists are still arguing about what the virus should be called, but most people know it as the H1N1 swine flu virus.
The swine flu viruses that usually spread among pigs aren't the same as human flu viruses. Swine flu doesn't often infect people, and the rare human cases that have occurred in the past have mainly affected people who had direct contact with pigs. But the current "swine flu" outbreak is different. It's caused by a new swine flu virus that has changed in ways that allow it to spread from person to person -- among people who haven't had any contact with pigs.
It can also be used to find your healthy weight if you want to lose weight or are on diet.
• BMI Calculation for everyone 7 years and older
• Metric and imperial systems are supported
• Optional saving of last entered values
• BMI - Body Mass Index: is defined as the body weight divided by the square of the height. It provides a rough guide since the BMI doesn't take into account a persons build or the composition of the body weight.
• WHtR - Waist-to-Height Ratio: is defined as the waist circumference divided by the height. It measures abdominal obesity and therefore can be used as an better indicator of health risks than BMI (Body Mass Index).
• Body Fat Percentage: is defined as the weight of fat divided by the total weight. It is estimated with the 'US Navy Circumference Method' which uses the height and circumferences of waist, neck and hip.
• Energie Expenditure / Calorie Consumption: is mainly a sum of internal heat produced (Basal Metabolic Rate estimated by Mifflin St Jeor Equation) and external work (Physical Activity Level).
• Top 10 Best BMI Weight Loss iPhone & Android Apps 2012 @ Healthline.com
• BMI Calculator - One of the top 10 hottest apps @ AppBrain.com
• Featured app on The Fresh Living Project @ FreshLivingProject.com
Support for BMI Calculator - Weight Loss:
Criticism, praise, problems with this BMI Calculator?
Feel free to visit appovo.com/support
© 2014 appovo.com - BMI Calculator
RecallWatch now supports most government health and safety recall warnings including:
→ FDA - Food and Drug Administration
→ CPSC - Consumer Product and Safety Commission
→ USDA/FSIS - United States Department of Agriculture / Food Safety and Inspection Service
→ Pet Health
→ National Highway Traffic Safety Administration - Vehicle Recalls, Infant Car Seat Recalls, Tire Recalls
RecallWatch focuses on the ease of sharing important information with your family, friends, and colleagues:
→ Facebook - Post recall information and links directly to your wall!
→ Twitter - Tweet pre-formatted and valid (less than 140 character) through the Twitter client of your choice!
→ Text Message - Text recall warnings through your SMS application of choice, formatted for appropriate SMS length for you!
→ Email - Send Emails through your email client of choice (Standard, Gmail, Yahoo!, etc.) with full recall information!
Questions? Comments? Feature requests? Please use the 'Contact Developer' link below to share your thoughts! If you experience any issues, please just let us know and we'll attempt to fix them.
We are not affiliated with any of the government agencies in this app and cannot verify the validity of the news.
The APP is in Danish only, but the search register contains all UN-numbers and English names of compounds.
Send an eCrumb (electronic breadcrumb)
- Allow friends or family to track you while you’re out for a run, bike, hike, ski, or just walking the dog.
- Track your child as they walk to school or ride their bike to a friend’s house.
- Notify friends and family if you stop moving with the Stationary Alert Notification.
- Contacts can track your movement from any web browser on any device. They don’t need to have the app too.
- Create a personalized Lock Screen that includes up to three ICE (In Case of Emergency) contacts as well as important health information such as allergies, medical conditions and blood type.
- If you can’t speak for yourself, your Road ID Lock Screen will.
- Set as your Wallpaper. On supported devices, set as your Lockscreen Wallpaper.
*Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background may decrease battery life.*
We take your privacy seriously. Seriously! http://ecrumbs.roadid.com/privacy
-- Permissions --
We ask for access to your CONTACTS only so you can use the contact picker to pick your emergency contacts, we only store their number or email so that we can send an SMS or Email to them notifying them of your ride and in the event of a stationary alert going off.
PHOTOS is so you can create an image that has emergency contacts, your details, and a free form box for medical details that you can then save as your lock screen wallpaper. The photos access is so you may choose one of your own pictures as the background and so we can save the finished picture to your Gallery.
WebMD for Android helps you with your decision-making and health improvement efforts by providing mobile access 24/7 to mobile-optimized health information and decision-support tools including WebMD’s Symptom Checker, Drugs & Treatments, First Aid Information and Local Health Listings. WebMD the App also gives you access to first aid information without having to be connected wirelessly – critical if you don’t have Internet access in the time of need.
• WebMD Symptom Checker – Select the part of the body that is troubling you, choose your symptoms, & learn about potential conditions or issues.
• Conditions – Find medically reviewed information about Conditions relevant to you & learn more about causes, treatments, & related symptoms.
• Drugs & Treatments – Search our extensive database for information on Drugs, Supplements, & Vitamins. Access content such as Uses, Side Effects, Warnings, and more.
• Pill Identification Tool – Identify your prescription drugs and over the counter medicines by pill shape, color, & imprint.
• First Aid Essentials – Your handy guide for medical emergencies. From insect stings to broken bones, helpful treatment tips are always available, even without an Internet connection.
• Local Health Listings – Find the closest physician, hospital, & pharmacy based on your current location or search by city, state or zip.
• Create custom lists of Drugs, Conditions, and Articles
• Save custom lists securely
• Review your saved information anytime and anywhere
• Native Voice Search Functionality – Search WebMD with their voice for a condition, drug, treatment or first aid topic.
• Maps – View local health listings & individual Physician, Hospital, & Pharmacy locations in a map view.
• Get Directions – Enter your primary address once in app settings and get one click directions.
• Email Friends – Send your friends medically reviewed content covering First Aid, Conditions, & Drugs.
• Email Me – Quickly send yourself content with one click. Simply save your email address in app settings.
• Content Updates – Timely content is updated automatically.
• Tour – Swipe through a quick visual tour of key features and navigation.
WebMD Health Corp. (Nasdaq: WBMD) is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals, mobile platforms and health-focused publications. More than 95 million unique visitors access the WebMD Health Network each month.
The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, MedicineNet, emedicineHealth, RxList, theheart.org, drugs.com and Medscape Education.
SOURCE WebMD Health Corp.
WebMD. Better Information. Better Health.
WebMD does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on the WebMD mobile application.
Safety Savvy provides timely training safety related information.
"CAT 1" tells you which sector you are in. Just call in for CAT weather update. Standard procedures in inclement weather is also available.
"Contacts" provides listing of all medical facilities in order of aphabetical or distance from you.
"Evac. Route" shows you the map view of medical facilities around you. It shows traffic conditions and provides driving direction.
• Unemployment Insurance Initial Claims
• Consumer Price Index (CPI)
• Unemployment Rate
• Payroll Employment
• Average Hourly Earnings
• Producer Price Index (PPI)
• Employment Cost Index (ECI)
• U.S. Import Price Index
• U.S. Export Price Index
Download this App for your Android and you’ll get immediate access to the DOL’s latest published numbers. You can track certain statistics and get the news releases about the numbers.
The App allows workers and supervisors to calculate the heat index for their worksite, and, based on the heat index, displays a risk level to outdoor workers. Then, with a simple tap, you can get reminders about the protective measures that should be taken at that risk level to protect workers from heat-related illness—reminders about drinking enough fluids, scheduling rest breaks, planning for and knowing what to do in an emergency, adjusting work operations, gradually building up the workload for new workers, training on heat illness signs and symptoms, and monitoring each other for signs and symptoms of heat-related illness.
Stay informed and safe in the heat, check your risk level.
For more information about safety while working in the heat, see OSHA’s heat illness webpage, including new online guidance about using the heat index to protect workers.