* List nearby Foursquare places on your Android Wearable
* Make a checkin on selected place using Android Wearable
* Stay notified about nearby places available for check-in on your Android Wearable
With Wear for Swarm you can search for nearby Foursquare places and make a check-in directly from your Android Wear device.
With "Automatic notifications" you can be notified about places around you every time another application asks for position (it uses passive location provider only - no additional battery consumption) in minimal interval 15 minutes and minimum displacement 35 meters. This feature must be enabled in "Settings".
How to use it
1) Launch Wear for Swarm from your mobile phone or tablet
2) Login to Foursquare
3) Go to wearable menu and select Start…
5) Select application Wear for Swarm and wait few seconds
6) Select actual place for check-in
7) Wait 5 seconds to confirm check-in. Checked-in!
Please let me know your experience and feedback!
Application source code:
This app uses the Foursquare API but is not affiliated with or endorsed by Foursquare Labs, Inc.
Sometimes you just want to check-in to Foursquare and move on. Simple check-in allows you to do just that.
** NOTE: At the end of 2014, Foursquare will be removing the leaderboard from their API, so points will no longer be a part of the experience. **
Want a feature? Get in touch: @rathboma on twitter
- one touch check-ins
- Long press to check-in with a shout and share to Facebook / Twitter
- includes a map view so you can tell if your location is correct
- custom venue search (press the search button)
- app opens instantly to the foursquare nearby venue list
- all check-ins from the app are shared with friends but NOT posted to twitter or facebook
- Your location IS passed on check-in, so these check-ins are eligible for mayorships.
- No ads (there never will be)
If you have any issues with the app, please email me so that I can fix them. There's no function for me to contact you if you leave a bad review. I find squishing bugs very relaxing! (you can also tweet me: @rathboma)
This app supports android 2.1 and up. It should allow you to foursquare check-in with no problems on even the oldest phones.
Currently there are only 770 lines of code in the entire app, this helps to keep it fast. The goal is to keep this under 1000 to maximize speed, and reduce battery drain.
Simple Checkin in the Press:
About Foursquare: http://bit.ly/IfODJj
'Foursquare' is a trademark of Foursquare Labs Inc. Simple Check-in is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by Foursquare Labs in any way.