Sometimes you just want to check-in to Foursquare and move on. Simple check-in allows you to do just that.
** NOTE: At the end of 2014, Foursquare will be removing the leaderboard from their API, so points will no longer be a part of the experience. **
Want a feature? Get in touch: @rathboma on twitter
- one touch check-ins
- Long press to check-in with a shout and share to Facebook / Twitter
- includes a map view so you can tell if your location is correct
- custom venue search (press the search button)
- app opens instantly to the foursquare nearby venue list
- all check-ins from the app are shared with friends but NOT posted to twitter or facebook
- Your location IS passed on check-in, so these check-ins are eligible for mayorships.
- No ads (there never will be)
If you have any issues with the app, please email me so that I can fix them. There's no function for me to contact you if you leave a bad review. I find squishing bugs very relaxing! (you can also tweet me: @rathboma)
This app supports android 2.1 and up. It should allow you to foursquare check-in with no problems on even the oldest phones.
Currently there are only 770 lines of code in the entire app, this helps to keep it fast. The goal is to keep this under 1000 to maximize speed, and reduce battery drain.
Simple Checkin in the Press:
About Foursquare: http://bit.ly/IfODJj
'Foursquare' is a trademark of Foursquare Labs Inc. Simple Check-in is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by Foursquare Labs in any way.
* List nearby Foursquare places on your Android Wearable
* Make a checkin on selected place using Android Wearable
* Stay notified about nearby places available for check-in on your Android Wearable
With Wear for Swarm you can search for nearby Foursquare places and make a check-in directly from your Android Wear device.
With "Automatic notifications" you can be notified about places around you every time another application asks for position (it uses passive location provider only - no additional battery consumption) in minimal interval 15 minutes and minimum displacement 35 meters. This feature must be enabled in "Settings".
How to use it
1) Launch Wear for Swarm from your mobile phone or tablet
2) Login to Foursquare
3) Go to wearable menu and select Start…
5) Select application Wear for Swarm and wait few seconds
6) Select actual place for check-in
7) Wait 5 seconds to confirm check-in. Checked-in!
Please let me know your experience and feedback!
Application source code:
This app uses the Foursquare API but is not affiliated with or endorsed by Foursquare Labs, Inc.
Voxox is the messaging app that lets you call and message anyone in the world for free, even if they don’t have Voxox.
How? We’re the only company in the world to give away FREE calling to REAL phones. We give you $1 worth of calling and SMS credit EVERY MONTH.
What's the catch? There is none.
We’re a registered United States and international telephone company, and unlike Skype, Hangouts, WhatsApp, Line, Kakao Talk or Viber, we can GIVE AWAY REAL CALLING AND SMS to any phone on the planet for FREE.
With Voxox you also get the following benefits 100% FREE:
- FREE Phone Number - Get a free U.S. phone number that your family and friends can use to call you
- FREE Calling & Messaging - Calls and text messages with other Voxox users are always free and unlimited
- Mobile & Landline Support - Call and message friends who aren't using Voxox yet for free or at super low rates
all over the world
- Group Messaging - Chat and share photos, videos and more with groups of your friends and family who are also Voxox users
- Photo & Video Sharing - Capture photos/videos with Voxox or share from your phone's camera roll
- Location Sharing - Let your friends know where to meet you with the click of a button
- Friend Finder - Voxox imports your contacts and automatically finds friends who use Voxox so you can communicate with them for free
- Visual Voicemail - It's not always convenient to listen to voicemail messages so Voxox makes it easy by turning them into text
- Reach Me - Forward incoming calls to your other phone numbers so you'll never again miss an important call
- Language Translation - Voxox can automatically translate the text messages you send and receive to/from dozens of languages
- In call features (during any call you can do the following):
Press *1 for Call Recording - Record the call you are on and view and play back recordings in the app
Press *2 to Transfer - Move your call to another phone, even your desk phone or another mobile
Press *3 to Conference - Bridge up to 20 parties
- Callback Mode - Call any phone number worldwide using your address book and pay only pennies per minute without draining your data plan! When you’re making a call in callback mode, just dial the phone number and wait a few seconds.
You’ll then get an incoming mobile call with a message of please wait while I connect you. Shortly after your friend will appear on the line. Say “hello” and start talking!
After clicking to venue icon on map, you can go to venue detail (by clicking on gears icon, then Foursquare).
By long press map in Locus, you get new point, then choose gears icon and Foursquar. This app download desired points and show them in Locus.
Let's make an end to that with auto check-ins!
This app automatically checks you in when you are in the neighbourhood of places you've chosen.
It's easy to configure and above all: it doesn't drain your battery.
State of the art technology is used to reduce the amount of battery power needed to know your location.
Vote for new features here: http://checkmein.uservoice.com/
1) add locations to track
2) configure the checkin radius and check-in delay time
3) save, and done! You will be checked in automatically from now on once you are within the check-in radius for the given amount of time.
Double checkins are avoided, when you stay at the same location for a longer time, we will check you in again, but only after 20 hours. (you only need 1 checkin/day for your mayorship)
The official Foursquare app is required on your device (authentication).
Some graphics are property of Foursquare (see https://foursquare.com/about/logos)
What if you're not checked in:
- Don't force quit the app (swiping it out in the app switcher), if you do, it won't be able to locate you.
- check if location tracking with google play services is enabled on your phone, the app will not work if you turn them off!
- check if your sensors (gps, wifi) are enabled
- set a bigger checkin radius or lower check-in delay (you have to stay within this radius for the given amount of time, every time you go out of the radius, the timers are reset)
- Every time the app is opened, some checks are done that might reset the timers, be aware of this while configuring your venues!
- Someone reported that reinstalling the app also might do the trick, weird, but it doesn't hurt to try it.
All data that's needed for the app to work is stored locally on your device.
The only thing that is tracked, are the app crashes and amount of checkins to make sure the app is still working on every device. This is an anonymous process.
This app comes as is, with no guarantees.
Configure the app to check your location as often or rarely as you would like. Conveniently turn off background updating from the home screen to save battery.
Set default distances and frequency of check-in.
Turn off the background updating feature and you can use the Update Location option from the home screen to quickly check into your nearby favorite without the hassle of waiting and refreshing.
Check-in predictions. Yes, using where you are and where you've been Check in Assistant will figure out where you are most likely to go next.
** For those running MIUI, this app hasn't been tested for compatibility but the latest version reportedly works well. If you're seeing force closes, please update MIUI to the latest version.
** If you have any issues, please email me. I haven't been able to test on every phone **
- You might not get a notification on older android devices (< 4.0). I'm working to fix this now.
Map your saved wifi networks to Foursquare places. Then when you connect to that network you will be automatically checked-in.
- Create unlimited wifi-place mappings
- Get notified when you are checked-in
- Uses your approximate location on check-in, so you still get points!
- Very battery efficient
Pro features coming soon.
tweet me with feature requests! @rathboma
'Foursquare' is a trademark of Foursquare Labs Inc. Wi-fi Check-in is not affiliated, sponsored, or endorsed by Foursquare Labs in any way.
But wait: should know that this app is a little pet project. Consider it beta quality and let me know if you encounter issues before rating so we can together improve the app!
Here's what you get:
- Link to your Foursquare.com account
- Search for venues, write venue data to NFC tag
- Long-click on a venue to directly checkin
- Tap a written NFC tag to automatically check in
- A beep signals the NFC checkin and a status bar notification shows up. Clicking the status bar notification links to the venue web page.
This is an experiment using NFC (Near Field Communication) and Foursquare (see foursquare.com). I am not affiliated in any kind with Foursquare.
Here's what I use it for: for frequently visited venues, I created nfc tags using this application. I put the tags (stickers, really) at the entrance door of my favorite restaurant, at the coffee machine at work or... I think you get it. Keep in mind you first need to create the venues using the foursquare app before you can search and write them to a nfc tag using this app. Once you have tagged your locations, you can simply tap the tag to checkin instead of having to search for the venue, click a couple times, etc.
You need tags? Good places to buy them are tagage.net, smartcardfocus.com or nfc4me.com. I recommend to choose NFC-Forum Type 2 Tags, e.g. the Mifare Ultralight.
What's planned for the future:
- make tags read-only once written (Mifare Ultralight only)