MorphWiz, the brain child of Dream Theater keyboardist, Jordan Rudess, and award-winning developer, Kevin Chartier, took the music app business by storm, winning Billboard's Best Music Creation App, the Best App Ever award for Best Music App, and an Electronic Musician Editor's choice award. Jordan uses MorphWiz on stage and in the studio with his prog-metal band, Dream Theater.
MorphWiz-Play takes the deep synthesis and immersive visuals of MorphWiz and packages it into 30 custom presets programmed personally by the Wizard himself, Jordan Rudess.
You’ll love experimenting with all of the presets, and you will be blown away by one of the coolest methods of controlling sound that you've ever laid hands on.
Jordan states, “Our goal was to create an instrument that would allow the seamless morphing of the audio and visual domain while delivering a seamless musical experience. I believe the multitouch platform opens up a whole new world of creation for electronic musical instruments. MorphWiz features a totally unique pitch control system that is still uncharted territory in today’s musical instrument world. This is the heart of MorphWiz.”
Here are some highlights from the onboard patches!
Dream Machine - Slide through dreamy whole tone scales as the MorphWiz galaxy spins around your visual waveform!
Axis Of Love - Get physical with your device and move it all around to add cool FM synthesis and special FX to your sound.
Morphtronics - become immersed in an expressive melodic world where the sound echoes all around you.
Rush Analog - The classic analog filter sweep comes alive in this patch which we dedicate to the spirit of RUSH!
Morph Talker - Let MorphWiz do the talking and do watch your language as you slide around on the playing surface!
The Spirit Carries On - There is nothing like expressing a beautiful melody on MorphWiz and this patch i personally use to enjoy playing our Dream Theater song, entitled "Sprit Carries On."
C Blues Tilt - We provide the right scale and the sounds so all you do is have to rock out and remember to move your device around to bring out the cool raspy blues tones! Try turning off the Lock Pitch switch as well to get the slippery bends that you need to get deep into the Blues!
Plasma Sound is the most fully-featured and 100% free music instrument on the Android Marketplace!
Beautiful music instrument inspired by the Theremin, Continuum, Keyboard and Sequencer. Touch the screen and a note is generated. It's X-Axis (left-to-right) is pitch, which is designated by note and octave markings. It's Y-Axis (up-and-down) is up to you to control! Plasma Sound is incredibly configurable. Pick the note range, the waveform, cutoff, delay, tremolo, vibrato and more! You can even select between continuous mode (theremin-like), quantize mode (keyboard-like), and a hybrid.
Plasma Sound applies the same principals to the Sequencer to give you even more music creation abilities! Select a note to activate it, and drag up and down to select it's Y-value, controlling the same thing that the Y-Axis controls in the Keyboard section. Immediately you get an incredibly dynamic and versatile sequencer.
On Android 3.0 tablets and up, a new beta feature has been added: The ability to create and play sequences using the front-facing camera. Select the "Motion" tab to try it out!
Follow us on twitter for more release notes, questions, etc: http://twitter.com/plasmasound
This app is known to have problems with older/lower end phones. The original Droid is known to work (just barely), but phones with lower specs will most likely run in to problems. Please don't leave a bad comment if your phone doesn't work; it's an intense app, intended for tablets (although an honest effort is put in to supporting older phones, I promise).
The beautiful visual based off of MSAFluid, and the sound is generated by libpd.
100% Ad and cost free!
Please let me know of any bugs or errors you encounter! In addition, if you have any feature requests, let me know. Feel free to email me or post on the XDA thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=17498254 This is my instrument for my band, Shy Guy Says, http://shyguysays.com (check us out!), so I'm incredibly concerned about stability and ease of use!
The source for this program is at: https://github.com/rjmarsan/PlasmaSound
Experience microtonal tuning in a way that was never available before.
Explore the universe of musical scales and microtonal tunings on the built in synth or on any external synth that you can connect trough wlan and a computer. The MISUCO app has interfaces to common music software such as Max/MSP, Reaktor, puredata, supercollider. You can also control a conventional MIDI keyboard, if you have a computer with a MIDI interface. MISUCO is able to translate arbitrary frequencies into MIDI note number and pitch values.
The MISUCO software can also be used as a versatile touchscreen keyboard and controller and enables a maximum of the available screen for your performance.
What is microtonality?
In music normally we divide one octave in seven to twelve steps. You can see this on a piano, which has a repeating pattern of seven white and five black keys.
One form of microtonal tuning divides one octave in 1200 steps called cents. This system is used to explain fine tunings of instruments.
Another form is to pull the strings of an instrument. Then the note is detuned to some frequency between the scale. This form of playing is essential in classical Indian music but also widely found in many other music playing styles.
How can you experience microtonality with MISUCO?
With the MISUCO software you can play with and experience these ways of microtonality. You can translate microtonality to regular MIDI instruments, using the free software puredata on your wlan equiped computer: MISUCO has a microtonal scale tuner, which lets you tune each note on an octave in cent steps. Then it has a microtonal mode (mm) that blurs the frequency space between the scale and you can play the frequencies between, like pulling a string of an instrument. If you do not like to use any external equipment and software, MISUCO has a simple but powerful built in synthesizer.
Last but not least MISUCO is a browser to the newly founded http://scales.misuco.org online scales archive. With one click on the ?-key you get directed to the page related to the current scale on your MISUCO where you can discuss, share and read about that scale.
Be aware that this app is mainly designed for tablets and running it on a device with smaller screen than 10" requires good eyes and tiny fingers.
FAQ: I hear no sound:
- Make sure your phone is not muted and the volume is up
- Press long, some sound have require some attack time
- Make sure you have at least version 1.01 installed
I wish you much inspiration, creativity, self development, fun and inner peace with MISUCO.
If you like the project, please support further developments trough our website http://misuco.org
Thank you very much!
The creator of MISUCO
Also available on iOS
Users are able to play custom synthesizers using the x-y axes of the touchscreen. The x-axis corresponds to amplitude (volume) and the y-axis corresponds to frequency (pitch). Playback can also be looped, recorded, and EQed using a Parametric EQ.
On top of performing, Users are able to create their own custom synthesizers, which consist of a custom timbre and user-defined effects. A small variety of timbres are included: Sine, Square, Saw, Pulse, Noise (white)*, Theremin, "Singing Saw", "Electric Eel", and "Starslide." These, as well as any user-created synths, can be mixed and matched at different harmonics, amplitudes, and phases to create custom sounds.
Each synth has customizable fx parameters as well, including Envelope (ADSR - attack & release), LFO (rate & depth), Delay (rate & decay), and Note Lag.
-Choose scale: Pentatonic, Major, Minor, Blues, or Chromatic
-Choose the base note for the pad.
-Control the grid size.
-Record to the SD card.
-Toggle visualizations. More to come here.
*I fully intend to make noise scale with frequency and actually become useful (e.g. "Red" Noise).
- SD card access: for saving instruments and recordings.
- Vibration: For haptic feedback.
Special thanks to Garrett Langley (http://dribbble.com/glangley) for helping with design and general usability.
Saucillator 2.0 Buffalo. I think it's the sauce, boss!
It adopted ordinary subtractive synthesis, that is based on "Common Analog Synthesizer".
S&H-waveform in LFO and a noise generator in Osc2 have been added as new ability.
Distortion, Tremolo, Chorus, Reverb, Filter-Delay and 3Band EQ.
Classic analog-style sequencer. you assign the note and velocity.
Of course, it can synchronize with external MIDI Timing Clock.
OS : Android 3.1 or later
CPU: 1 GHz ARMv7-A processor or faster
Screen Resolution : 800x480px or higher. Recommended 4.3 inch or larger display.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
*Please check the workings of this app immediately after your purchase. If you have trouble, please refund within 15 minutes on Google Play, additionally it would be greatly appreciated if you provide your device name to us.
= This is a Sound Plugin for App: Walk Band and Perfect Piano. It can't run alone!
= Please install Walk Band or Perfect Piano first from Google Play to use this plugin.
Walk Band: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamestar.pianoperfect
Perfect Piano: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamestar.perfectpiano
1. Enter Keyboards Screen of Walk Band(Perfect Piano)
2. Select switch instrument icon.
3. Space Synth Bass instrument icon will automatically show. Select it and load the new sound.
1. This need Perfect Piano v5.9.0 or newer version and Your phone has a SD Card inserted or preload flash storage.
Any issue let us know: email@example.com. Thanks!
Variaty of sounds can be created and even changed real time while you are playing using the setting of the 3 oscillators of the syntesizer.
Sonic Synthesizer features:
- 3 oscillators
- 3 wave form types for every oscillator
- volume, modulation, tone and detune for every oscillator
- envelope filters (attack sustain release)
- fast and usable piano keyboard
The synthesizer app is even more powerful than most analog synths.
The app is new so if have any suggestions write them :)
The main screen is the keyboard of the synth. You touch the screen to play tones. The application itself has no limit on the number of simultaneous touches (my Desire HD can do 4, Samsung Galaxy SII can do 10(!)). Lower tones are to the left, higher tones are to the right. Vertically you can choose between having lowpass filter, highpass filter, dubstep-style wubwub-effect, gain, balance, or no effect at all.
On the keyboard you can display certain tones to make them easier to hit. You can configure which tones to show. You can also choose whether you want to snap your touches to the nearest tone or not.
You can choose which octave the keyboard should start with and also how many octaves to show.
You can also choose what sample rate should be used. Lower sample rates gives you a nice retro sound. :-)
You can also add up to 4 overtones. One or two sounds good. More sounds annoying. :-)
All feedback is welcome! (of course...)
The main inspiration in the creation of this app was BeBot for iPhone.
(Previously known as Synth2.)
Also available for iOS.
• multitouch arpeggiator;
• export to WAV;
• eight predefined timbres;
• changeable number of octaves (from 2 to 8);
• it is possible to draw the spectrum and play it at the same time.
Dark colors - low frequencies (bass). Bright colors - high frequencies.
Get a lot of fun using SpectrumGen together with SunVox, PixiTracker and PixelWave synths!
Known solutions for some problems:
There is also experimental USB MIDI keyboard support, for devices that support USB host mode.
This project was featured in the Google I/O 2013 talk, "High Performance Audio for Android", as an example of how to accomplish low latency, reliable audio playback.
2 Oscillators, 1 LFO , 3 Envelopes, LP/HP Filter, OscillatorSync, Cross-Modulation and more.
All sound making process was written by native code. If on a Google Nexus device, you can expect low latency quick response.
Everything is real-time and optimized for mobile devices.
Create your rack by adding up to 14 machines from a choice of:
* Subsynth - Virtual analog subtractive synthesizer
* PCMSynth - Multi-sample wave synthesizer
* BassLine - 303-like monosynth
* BeatBox - 8-channel sampling drum machine
* PadSynth - Harmonic table pad synthesizer
* 8BitSynth - 8bit equation solver synthesizer
* Modular - Fully configurable and routable synthesizer
* Organ - Hammond-like tonewheel organ with rotary speaker
* Vocoder - 8-band harmonic vocoder
* FMSynth - DX-style 3-operator fm synthesizer
* KSSynth - Karplus-Strong string modeling synth (new!)
The app also includes:
* Effects rack supporting 2 effects per machine. (16 effect types)
* Mixer desk with global Delay/Reverb effects
* Master section with parametric EQ and limiter
* Song sequencer
Supports automation on most controls and includes powerful editors for modifying recorded automation curves.
All files are stored on the user-accessible storage, and users can supply their own WAV files for use in the PCMSynth, BeatBox, and Vocoder.
Supports all uncompressed WAV files (8-16-24-32bit, any sampling rate).
The PCMSynth can also load SoundFont files (.sf2), SFZ and FL Studio mobile instruments (.instr, .ZIP)
Class-compliant USB MIDI controllers can be connected via USB OTG cable on devices running at least Android 3.2 and supporting USB host mode.
See the in-app help section for tutorial videos and full online manual.
Minimum device specs are:
* 1GHz ARMv7 processor
* 800 x 480 resolution screen
* Headphones or external speakers
This is a demo version of Caustic. There is no time limit in demo mode but save/export are disabled. The app will automatically save your current song between sessions.
Unlock the full version buy purchasing the "Caustic Unlock Key" (sold separate). The full version enables song saving as well as exporting to WAV, Ogg and MIDI.
There is also a FREE (full version) PC version available for download on the product website.
Come visit http://www.singlecellsoftware.com to download more presets, request features, share your tracks and hear what others are creating with Caustic 3.
- Record Audio: The app supports recording your own samples.
- Storage read/write: All samples and songs are stored on your device and can be accessed via USB.
- Full network access: To launch the (optional) FTP server, nothing else.
- In-app billing: To restore purchases for those who bought during v1.0. There are no other purchases other than the unlock key app.
If you have any problems, write me via the developer email or visit http://www.singlecellsoftware.com
SingleCellSoftware is one person working part-time, please keep that in mind...
● Highly optimized realtime sound generation engine with a lot of features even on mobile devices, 3 Oscillators, 2 Filters, 4 Envelopes, FX section and much more
● Collaborative Preset Manager: Browse through thousands of sounds that other users have created, save your sounds on your local Android device or online, making them available for the community.
● Full VST integration, use your Android device as controller while Heat Synthesizer is running as VST compatible plugin (Windows x86/x64)
● Control the VST plugin from your Android device in realtime
● See parameter automations from your sequencer in realtime on your Android device
● Use the integrated keyboard of your Android Device to send midi events to your sequencer
The Demo version does not support to save sounds.
This software is BETA. If you have problems, please contact me.
EtherSurface is proudly powered by the Csound synthesis programming language to clean and high-quality synthesis.
Musical interval changes when you move finger vertically.
Volume changes when you move finger horizontally.
Can change a tone by setting.
Because a keyboard is displayed, a musical performance is easy.
Connection permission to the Internet is necessary to acquire a Admob advertisement.
This game has been tested on Droid, Droid Incredible, and Nexus One. I expect it to work fine on other phones too, but if you find one it doesn't work on, please tell me.
Free version is ad supported.
- Enter each word in a single gesture (similar to Swype or SlideIT). Touch the first letter, move your finger smoothly from one key to the next, and lift it when you reach the end of the word. Spaces between words are inserted automatically.
- The keyboard layout is optimized by analyzing common patterns in English words. The QWERTY layout used by most keyboards was designed for typing with two hands, and it's a terrible layout for on-screen use. The Flow layout is optimized so common words can be entered with the shortest, smoothest path possible.
- Keys are large and evenly spaced for improved accuracy.
- The most common punctuation symbols are directly available without needing a modifier key.
- Double letters are recognized automatically. You don't need to "scribble over" them like with Swype.
- When a word is recognized, it flashes briefly on top of the keyboard. You don't need to move your eyes away from the keyboard to verify it.
- Long-press any key for a selection of alternate characters.
- Supports voice input.
- Supports English (American and British), French, German, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Try Flow today and start improving your typing speed - guaranteed, or your money back! (How many other free keyboards dare to promise THAT?) And please send feedback so we can continue to improve Flow. Suggestions and bug reports are always welcome. Flow is an open source project.