'Music Theory - Chords in Keys' is a music theory app that will train you to think your way around musical keys. You will learn what all the three and four note chords are within all 12 major, natural minor, harmonic minor and melodic minor scales - an extremely useful skill for any musician!
After installing 'Music Theory - Chords in Keys', choose the scale that you would like to work on (major, natural minor, harmonic minor, melodic minor) and the chord types (triads or sevenths). The app will then display a key and a Roman numeral chord number; you then have to work out what the chord within your chosen scale.
A summary of all the relevant music theory of chords within each of the scales is included in the help pages. With practice, you will know what all the fundamental three and four note chords are in each of the four scales, in all keys, and you will be a better musician because of it.
- No ads
- Low cost
- No gimmicks
- Simple clear layout
- No music-reading skills required!
This app is ideal for guitarists, pianist, brass players, wind players, strings players, singers and just about anyone that would like to improve their knowledge of music theory, chords and keys; whether you play rock, pop, jazz or classical music. 'Music Theory - Chords in Keys' is created by guitarist and music educator Stuart Bahn to help music students improve their musical knowledge even whilst away from their instruments.
Download 'Music Theory - Chords in Keys' now make your move towards music theory mastery.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If you are in any way dissatisfied with this app, contact us within 24 hours of purchase for an immediate refund.
This app is designed to run on all Android smartphones. Because there are nearly 2000 different Android devices in the world, we can't test them all! If you do have a technical problem with your device, please don't leave a bad review, it's far more useful for all of us if you just let us know. We'll then do our best to address it asap or refund your payment.
Thanks and enjoy!
The quiz games included in MTSR work this way:
1) The program ask a question, which is shown on a panel (question panel)
2) The user answers, using another panel (answer panel). If the answer is correct, a sound is played, corresponding to the question made; if not, a failure sound is played.
These are the included games:
1) Read staff: The programs draws a staff in question panel, and a note in its position. The user must answer with a keyboard (piano or buttons)
2) Write staff: The program shows a note name in question panel. The user must answer using the answer panel (which draws a staff) dragging the note to its correct height.
3) Key signature: The program shows a staff with some key signature, and the user must answer, choosing such key within a keyboard.
** Game modes
1) Timed tests: during the selected time interval, the user answers questions. Correct and wrong answers are accounted, and when the time is over, a score (based on correct&wrong answers and time) is shown.
2) Study: the user answers questions without any time limit. In this mode, the "Learn" button is available, and it changes program behaviour.
3) Learn: in this mode, the user touches the answer panel, and the program shows the question (or questions) which would have been answered by given answer.
** Notation Systems
- English (C, D, E, F, G, A, B)
- Italian (Do, Re, Mi, Fa, Sol, La, Si)
- German (C, D, E, F, G, A, H)
** Time options
Game time can be chosen. If "0" is chosen, the game has no time limit and "Learn" mode can be activated.
Stored results from previous tests can be shown.
** Key and Range options
Three clef types can be chosen:
1) Treble clef
2) Bass clef
3) Grand clef (union of Treble and Bass clefs)
For every one of the three clef types, a range can be chosen:
a) predefined, to be choosen between 6 ranges
b) manually defined by user
** Accidental options
There are three accidental modes:
1) Natural: only natural notes are to be asked
2) Simple: natural, flats and sharp notes can be asked
3) Key signature: questions are made, in the context of a key.
Natural mode has no associated options.
Simple accidentals asks natural or accidental notes. The user can choose between only sharps, only flats or both.
Key Signature mode lets the user choose one or more keys. If more than one key is chosen, every new question changes the key randomly.
In this mode, the user can choose between two question filters:
A) Diatonic: only notes belonging to the current key are asked.
B) Chromatic: any note will be asked (whether or not it belongs to current key).
** General options
For "Read Staff" game, the user can choose the type of keyboard for answering:
1) Piano keyboard (with or without note names on keys)
2) Buttons with note names.
The main difference between both keyboards lies on enharmonic notes.
With piano there is no difference between, for example, F# and Gb, but with buttons, they can be differenciated.
Sound volume is adjustable (and muteable)
User can choose the program behaviour when asking a question wrongly:
A) A new question is made, even when previous one has not been correctly answered.
B) The same question is repeated, until the users answers correctly.
MTSR is designed to work in any screen orientation (portrait, landscape), and screen sizes (phone, 7" tablet, 10" tablet). Help is included.
Learn and enjoy with MSTR!
Move away from rote memorization techniques and learn how to read music notes in a natural and engaging way. Note Trainer is a fun game that teaches you to recognize music notes through sight reading practice. The Note Trainer game increases in speed and difficulty over time so that you can truly learn to read music effortlessly. Sight reading practice has been shown to be very effective in helping people learn how to read sheet music. In fact, 86% of piano teachers rate sight-reading as a highly important skill.
Note Trainer replaces traditional music flash cards and was developed in collaboration with a distinguished award-winning member of the North American Music Teachers Association and in consultation with a touring member of the Canadian National Youth Orchestra and soloist for the Hamilton Symphony.
* Sight reading practice for 3+ octaves of music notes between treble and bass from A1 to C5
* Great for those who want to learn to read music as well as those challenging themselves to increase the speed at which they can read piano sheet music
* Practice mode (option to turn on or off note labels and labels on piano as you learn how to read music notes)
* Game mode to challenge your skills at an increasing difficulty levels
* Treble clef and Bass clef modes including flats and sharps
* Track your scores and see when you’ve exceeded your personal best
* Achievements and badges to measure progress in sight reading
* Full statistics to show where you are making mistakes and note reading accuracy
* Great for learning how to read piano sheet music as well as sheet music for other instruments
* This version of Note Trainer is ad-free
KW: Note trainer, sight reading practice, sight reading, how to read sheet music, learn to read music, how to read piano sheet music, how to read music notes, sight reading piano, piano sight reading, sight read music, learn musical notes, music note flash cards, music flash cards, music note reader, basic piano, learn to read music notes, piano game, learn music theory, learn sheet music, music trainer, learn music notes, learning music notes, musical game, learn piano notes
- Efficient music theory courses to teach you how to read music notes fast and easily.
- Logical learning - A coach system guiding through the learning step by step.
- A flexible approach on music notes - with Letter or Latin names.
- Practical exercises on the staves simulating real situation to optimize your learning.
- Improvement of ears through identification of notes
It was developed by two college professors who employed network modeling to help clarify how many of the basic concepts in music are connected by simple, interrelated patterns.
ScaleNet's melody-game incorporates a large library of diverse melodic phrases which provide a constantly changing "real world" note-ID environment. The skill sets developed through the use of ScaleNet are applicable to Traditional, Popular, EDM, Hip-Hop, Jazz, and Classical music.
ScaleNet provides interactive learning spaces associated with:
--Keys and their graphic layout on the staff (mirrored in touch-pads).
--Simple key relationships: Major, relative minor and parallel minor.
--Complex key relationships--and how harmonic progressions are nested within their natural order.
--Note identification employing treble, alto, and bass clefs within all keys in a timed play-environment.
--Ear-training through simple additive melodic phrases which are spontaneously sequenced
and which can be used for interval identification.
--Post-game statistics which allow the user to track ongoing progress.
ScaleNet's simple, intuitive, interface allows the user to focus on musical processes and ideas.
ScaleNet's "key-sphere" technology redefines the traditional circle of 5ths revealing new harmonic relationships.
ScaleNet's ear-training and sight-reading game integrates key information through touch-pad mirroring.
Learn to play any instrument and how to read music is a difficult task that requires lots of practice. But the practice don't have to be boring. Rhythm teacher it's the perfect tool for your music education. This rhythm game teaches you how to read music in a fun and easy way. It's perfect for your rhythm training! With a bit of practice on every level you'll learn that sight reading is easier than you thought. It's like having a music school on your device.
In this application you'll learn from how many beats are contained in each bar and which note value is given to one beat, to advanced concepts in reading music. Improve your music sight reading with the exercises ranging from easy 4/4 simple rhythms to complex compasses of two rhythmic lines at the same time. This app includes the definition for every music concept introduced in increasing difficulty, from beginner to pro.
Also, you can log into your Google play account to measure your progress with other players.
• Simple and understandable explanation for every new music rhythm concept introduced.
• Fun rhythm game experience for practicing the exercises that will teach you how to read music.
• Polyrhythm exercises with two lines at the same time.
• Gradual progression on the difficulty of the music theory concepts introduced.
• Leader-board with the scores acquired to watch your progress.
• Can be used by any number of different users.
• Google play support to post your scores online.
• A new way to practice for your instrument: Piano, violin, guitar... Even if you are a drummer/percussionist.
★ Note and rest duration: whole (semibreve), half (minim), quarter (crotchet ), eighth (quaver), sixteenth (semiquaver).
★ Dotted notes.
★ Tied notes.
★ Off-beat notes.
★ Simple time signatures: 2/4, 3/4, 4/4...
★ Compound time signatures: 6/8, 9/8...
* Inglés: Rhythm Teacher
* Español: Ritmo y solfeo.
Please, contact us if you have any problems with the app, or if you want to give us feedback!
You can find information about:
• Circle of fifths
• Note values
• Symbols (dynamics, articulation etc.)
There are four different exercises available:
• Intervals - listening exercise
• Chords - listening exercise
• Note Reading - reading exercise (treble and bass clef)
• Intervals - reading exercise
Everything is free except "hard" and "expert" for the exercises. To unlock those difficulties you need to purchase the full version of Music Theory Helper. You can purchase the full version from inside the app. We really appreciate if would do so.
In-app purchases - Our app requires this permission, so you can purchase the full version, which unlocks some extra features for the app. This is a great way to show us that you appreciate our work ;)
This app uses:
This installment features more ways to customize your exercises including creating your own scales and chords, rhythm training exercises, and more coming soon wrapped up in a beautifully designed perfectly smooth application.
- Interval exercises
- Scale exercises
- Chord exercises
- Rhythm exercises
- Melodic Dictation
- Theory articles
- Scale Dictionary
- Absolute pitch training exercises: identify a note, sing a note
- Custom exercises, custom scales, custom chords
Each exercise can be performed on piano or guitar.
What are the permissions for?
- Accounts - app needs to securely access our servers to retrieve exercises data. For maximum security, a Google OAuth is used. None of your personal data is stored on the server and account information is required only to establish a secure connection. In future versions accounts will be used to enable synchronization of your progress between all your devices.
- Internet - app needs to access internet in order to update exercises data. Updates are infrequent and have extremely small download size.
- Network state - application needs to check network availability in order to maximize efficiency of its battery consumption.
Attention! Users from Sweden with Nexus 4 4.4.4. If you're experiencing random touches issue in portrait orientation - please contact our support email.
Visual design of this application is based on similar one "Music Sheet Workout" by aTekkie. Added some missing features like tenor key, Italian note naming, etc.
Music Sight Reading is an Open Source application. Source code of application is published under GNU GPL v3 licence and can be downloaded from GitHub:
• single notes
• intervals up to octave
• chords including 7th, open voicing, inversions...
• scales including all major scale modes, neapolitan scales...
Many different clefs (treble, bass, soprano, baritone, mezzo-soprano...)
Use Practice or Test mode.
The game shows a position on the fretboard. The goal is to enter the correct note for that position. If it is correct, another question is made.
The game can be timed. It counts correct and wrong answers, and when the time is over, it shows a score based on results. This can be thought as a 'test' or 'exam' mode.
For non-timed games, a 'learn' (or 'study') mode is available. When activated, entering notes makes the correspondenting position(s) to be shown on the fretboard.
Notation can be CDE or DoReMi.
* * * * * * * *
This is the Lite Version of MusicTutor FretMaster. The full version features:
- Play game, quich requires to position notes on the fretboard.
- Full 12-fret fretboard.
- Fret/String range selection.
- Bass (4/5 strings) preset.
- Natural-only notes mode.
- Three notation systems: English (CDEFGAB), Italian (DoReMiFaSolLaSi), German (CDEFGAH).
1) Sight read for piano;
2) Sight read for guitar;
3) Read chords;
4) Write notes by name;
5) Key signature tutor.
Reference material includes:
Musical alphabet, steps and alterations, notes on fretboard, intervals, scales, key signatures, major scales, minor scales, theoretical scales, circle of fifths, triads, chords, durations, time signatures, sight reading step-by-step.
The application allows you to train almost all the knowledge that is needed for a musician, such as:
1) Alterations — sharp, flat, natural and even double sharp and double flat;
2) Keys — treble, bass, alto;
3) Key signatures — every possible combination, even the theoretical ones;
5) Chords and triads — 18 species, including suspended chords, seventh chords, ninth chords and so on.
Keywords: notes, intervals, music, sheet, learn, study, chords, keys, treble key, bass key, alto key
The idea behind the Circle of Fifths comes from Pythagoras who discovered pitch frequencies and defined the octave. He created the Pythagorean Circle (outer layer of the circle of fifths) where all the keys or pitches are aligned according to their affinity to each other. The circle of fifths adds the relative minors to the Pythagorean Circle and gives you a full map of harmonies you can use and how to move to other keys.
It also helps you transpose any song to other keys and understand the relation between chords.
Even experienced musicians benefit a lot from this tool when looking for new ideas.
Great for guitarists! Improving your pitch recognition ability will also improve your ability to recognize musical modes, keys, and scale degrees. Tired of reading guitar tabs? Train your ear with Perfect Pitch and you won't have to! Can't figure out that cool guitar riff? Enhance your musical ear and you'll know exactly what notes to play! Put away your guitar chord charts because you won't need them anymore!
Great for pianists too! Having trouble with sheet music? Can't seem to master sight-reading? No problem! With Perfect Pitch, you can learn to play by ear and identify chords and complex melodies with ease!
Invest in your musical future today!
The app contains two instruments:
1. Acoustic Grand Piano [C1-C6]
2. Nylon String Guitar [C2-C6]
In the settings, you can:
+ Configure Accidentals
+ Choose an instrument
+ Configure note transposition
+ Enable octaves independently
+ Enable notes independently
Note: The term Perfect Pitch in music theory is also known as Absolute Pitch
If the interval of 5th (P5) goes further up or down from the key of C# and Cb, then there are more keys to explore than 7 sharps and flats.
Any musical note or key signature can be named differently. For example, note C can be named as B#, Dbb and so on.
Similarly with the key signatures, Major keys with 11, 12, 13, 14 flats are not named as Abb, Dbb, Gbb, Cbb, but they are simply called G, C, F, Bb.
Audibly, they sound the same, but spelt differently because are needs to satisfy or adjust a musical rule (or many other reasons) in the particular situation.
Understanding these enharmonic spellings is very important.
This App unlocks complete enharmonic key signatures that help to give a deep understanding of the circle of fifths and other related issues.
Let us explore and discover hidden musical keys!
Memorizing and visualizing the diagram is always highly recommended.
The circle of 5ths is a handy tool for music students and musicians. It is a diagram, which consists of dozens of keys, used in music theory that helps students to understand the key signatures and their relationships.
Memorizing and visualizing the diagram is highly recommended.
- Design: a picture is worth a thousand words.
- Runs fast: instantly displays all keys and exits quickly.
- Works in both portrait and landscape modes.
- Complete key signatures with sound.
Created by musician/music educator.