Lock the screen in landscape or portrait - it will lock the screen the way you want even when some apps don't offer certain orientation
Increase productivity - unnecessary rotation will distract you and interrupt your workflow!
Power saving - every screen rotation will involve a lot of computation. By reducing unnecessary rotation the battery will last a bit longer
There are 8 modes which can be chosen in notification bar:
1. Adaptive mode - detect the device's orientation and prompt you whether to rotate the orientation
2. Landscape - force the orientation in landscape
3. Portrait - force the orientation in portrait
4. Reverse Portrait - force the orientation in reverse portrait
5. Reverse Landscape - force the orientation in reverse Landscape
6. Force auto - automatically rotate the screen in all orientation
7. Stock auto - exactly the same as original auto mode
8. Stock portrait - exactly the same as original portrait mode
Tags: screen orientation rotation control portrait landscape lock reverse power saving upside down
automatically start the app after boot
add special handling to make camera working correctly, only stock gingerbread camera is verified, others may or may not work
add option to disable the app
add an option to revert to portrait on lock screen for devices whose lock screen has problem with it
add an option to autostart the app on bootup
"Rotation Lets You Take Full Control of Your Device’s Orientation Settings." -XDA Developers
"Incredibly complete, professional and polished app." -Phone Arena
"Rotation on demand lets you select screen rotation on the fly without having to switch to the app first." -addictivetips
Rotation is a tool to control device orientation. It offers all the modes that Android supports and you can also override each app settings to rotate according to your need. It doesn't matters that app has that mode, it completely overrides the app and system settings. Let's give it a try and it also has lots of other useful features.
Support and News on Facebook:-
English, Deutsch, Français, Polski, Pусский, Türkçe, 中文 (简体)
System default modes
* Auto-Rotate On * Auto-Rotate Off
Modes to override system settings
* Forced Auto-Rotate * Forced Portrait * Forced Landscape
* Reverse Portrait * Reverse Landscape
* Sensor Landscape * Forced Full Sensor
Lock Current:- Lock current orientation
Per App Settings
* Set orientation for individual apps
* Set Lock screen, Phone call, Charging, Headset and Dock orientation
* Android 5.0 (L/Lollipop) supported
# Rotate on demand
* Floating head: Fully customisable head on top of every app to change foreground orientation
* Quick notification: Change foreground orientation from notification
* Enable for uninterrupted service
* Select click action
* Add toggles to change orientation quickly
* Service widget: Toggle service
* Mode widget: Toggle between two selected modes
* Dynamic widget: Add toggles according to your need
* Lock screen support (Android 4.2.2+)
* Light and dark base themes inspired from Material UI
* Theme accents with support for Xperia™ theme accents
# Rotation Automate:- Tasker / Locale plugin support to automate over 20 actions
* Rotation Shortcuts:- Add fully customisable shortcuts to your home screen
* Start on boot:- Start rotation service on boot
* Vibration:- To notify when screen orientation changes with customisable vibration length
* Help and Info:- Detailed info about orientation modes and easy to understand Tutorial
# Backup and Restore
* Restore defaults
* Restart app
* Uninstall option
Features marked with # are free for 7 days. After that Rotation Key is required.
Usage statistics (5.0+): For per app settings
Retrieve running apps: For per app settings
Modify system settings: To change system settings
Draw over other apps: To change foreground orientation
Run at startup: To start service when device boots up
Vibration: To vibrate device when orientation changes
Modify USB storage: To create and restore backup (nothing else)
- Ad free
- No internet and root required
- Some apps might not work properly when forced to work on portrait/landscape mode. Use Auto-Rotate On/Off from Per App Settings to use system settings for those apps.
- Contact me, if you want to translate.
- Please write reason also if you are giving Bad rating.
I don't believe in ads. Buy Rotation Key if you want to support.
Promo Video by Max Patchs
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
Xperia™ is a registered trademark of Sony Mobile Communications AB
- Direction separated by 11 kinds of settings, and it can be changed by force.
- Even apps that are not supported in the horizontal direction or the other, it may be forced to switch.
- The app rotate entire screen of device. So can rotate all app.
★ ★ ★ Rotation Options ★ ★ ★
- Basic Rotation(1~4) - General mode and does not override the settings app
- Force Rotation(6~11) - It rotate entire screen of device. So can rotate All app.
1. Portrait - lock the app in portrait
2. Landscape - lock the app in landscape
3. Reverse Portrait - lock the app in reverse portrait
4. Reverse Landscape - lock the app in reverse Landscape
5. Auto-Rotation - Automatically rotate the app in 3 orientations
6. Force Portrait - force lock the screen in portrait
7. Force Landscape - force lock the screen in landscape
8. Force Reverse Portrait - force lock the screen in reverse portrait
9. Force Reverse Landscape - force lock the screen in reverse Landscape
10. Force Auto-Turn - Automatically rotate the screen in all orientations
11. Force Landscape Auto-Turn - Automatically rotate the screen in all Landscape
★ ★ ★ Special Options ★ ★ ★
- Automatically start the service at boot time
- Notification bar feature - layout provided by fast icon
- The rotation pause in Lock screen
- The rotation pause during a call
- All Notification bar toggle function
- Provides a pop-up and rotation option widget
- Sound, vibration when rotated
You can control portrait, landscape, reverse portrait, reverse landscape the four directions.
You can also specify auto direction.
App even horizontally or the other direction does not support, you can switch to force.
- 4 orientation screen control (horizontal, vertical, reverse horizontal, reverse vertical)
- Specify the auto rotation screen
- All App (app, game) support the direction of 4 orientation.
- Gingerbread (2.3) more then version optimized
- Froyo (2.2) less then version is not supported reverse vertical and reverse horizontal direction.
- Specific application to force portrait / landscape view setting may not display correctly. (Camera app, etc..)
Rotation manager is a tool that lets you choose which application you want to rotate or which one you don't want to rotate. It is a really simple app designed for the least possible power and RAM consumption.
If you want per app inverse, please download the premium version!
The permanent notification that appears when you enable Rotation Manager with "Permanent Notification mode" lets you change app specific orientation while you are in an app, without going back to Rotation Manager
Inverse rotation has been implemented
- Force the orientation of each app to your liking
- Rotate your device freely, without worrying if your apps will change orientation
- Orientation lock
- Forced Auto option
- Forced inverse portrait/landscape
- App-specific orientation
- Option for permanent notification, called Permanent Notification mode
HOW TO USE
The floating button is the global orientation for all the apps. It is a 7-state button and gives you all the orientation possibilities. Long click to enter inverse modes. Then you can select from the list for every app your desired orientation. Your selection will override the default global orientation. If you want only two apps to rotate and all the others to stay at their default, just disable global orientation and then select both Portrait and Landscape for the specific app in the list. After you have selected your desired apps, just click on play and your settings will be in effect.
Βy enabling "Permanent Notification mode" from "Preferences" an invisible permanent notification starts which ensures that the service will not be killed by the OS. Enable it if you have low RAM problems and the orientation service stops.
Like us on Facebook:
Follow us on Twitter:
Follow us on LinkedIn:
Follow us on Google Plus:
Comments and suggestions also at:
OPEN SOURCE PROJECT
Our project is open source and distributed under GPLv3.
Help with the translation of the app!
These are the permissions are needed by the app to work:
android.permission.GET_TASKS : In order to retrieve the currently running app.
android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION : In order to change the orientation.
android.permission.WRITE_SETTINGS : In order to change the global orientation settings.
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED : In order to start on boot.
android.permission.SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW : In order to change the foreground orientation
android.permission.VIBRATE : In order to detonate your phone...
android.permission.INTERNET : To check for new updated versions
Special Thanks to:
Translators: @blassKriss, @mikolaj55, @maksnogin, @Andrulko, @maksnogin
Donors: David H
Please consider getting the donate version if you like the Auto-Rotate Widget and want to support its developers. We would really appreciate it!
If the widget doesn't show up in the widget list after installation, please try restarting your device. Please have in mind that in order to work, widgets cannot be installed on the SD Card.
After installation, the widget needs to be added to the home screen: Tap the Launcher, select Wigets, tap and hold the Auto-Rotate Widget and drop it to a free slot on the home screen.
On earlier versions of Android: Tap and hold a free slot on the home screen, select Widgets, tap the Auto-Rotate Widget.
Ratings and comments are highly appreciated.
If you have any issues with this widget, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Keywords: widget lock screen auto switch control automatic landscape portrait toggle rotate rotation orientation settings
On some devices, auto-rotate is called "Orientation Lock" and may have an icon to switch it on or off after expanding the notification bar. This app will not change the state of the "Orientation Lock" icon. If auto-rotate is turned ON by this app, you can use your device's "Orientation Lock" as usual to control it on or off. If auto-rotate is turned OFF by this app, no matter you set your device's "Orientation Lock", auto-rotate is off.
See section "More by ACTIVE SOFT" for other useful apps.
Switch Auto-rotate feature on/off quickly. Put it as a shortcut in the home screen or long-press search button to run it.
Tired of lying on the bed and your device changes to landscape mode?
Don't you find it inconvenient to change the "Auto-rotate screen settings" using the setting menu?
This app aims to solve these issues.
You could now long-press search key / tap the shortcut to switch the auto-rotate feature.
To reduce memory usage, this app is not a widget (so the icon cannot show the rotate settings) & it'll kill itself after it runs.
• Long-pressing search button to toggle function could not work on Defy, Droid 2 & device without search key
• Some apps (e.g. Battery Graph) do not follow the auto-rotate screen settings in Settings->Display (which can be changed by this app), thus it could not work for those apps.
• "Lock orientation" (Lock landscape) is not possible as Google only allows portrait lock on others' app by design officially.
This app is recommended by Lifehacker
★★ Do you like this App? ★★
Please buy the donation version to support my development!
Scroll down and use 'View more applications' to find it :)
Thank you! :D
While you can force any application into any orientation, not all applications will work correctly in all orientations.
This application is included with my other toggles in my Premium Widget pack available for purchase in one convenient download!
**If you are having problems seeing the widget, please try recreating the widget or reinstalling. Necessary code updates may require this action, sorry!
This is designed to match my other widgets. This refreshes on a regular interval and when the screen is turned on (unlike other widgets) to stay up to date.
Please check out my other applications!
This is a widget. Long press on the home screen -> Add Widget -> Auto Rotate Widget.
Changelog on website
The switch is placed in the status bar for easy access from other applications. You can also use it as a widget-like shortcut on your home screen.
Note: The app only toggles the auto-rotate setting that is found in Android's settings. It does not lock the orientation to landscape mode.
ICS users: There is no way to sort the status bar icons like on previous Android versions. That means that there will sometimes be a blank icon in the status bar before other notifications. Fixed in Jelly Bean.
Send me an email if you want to help me translate it into your language.
Keywords: AutoRotation OnOff, AutoRotate Lock, Rotation Toggle
You also can prevent the other application from changing screen orientation.
The following rotation modes are available.
- Guard: this application prevents the other application from changing screen orientation.
- Auto Rotation: screen orientation is determined by a physical orientation sensor.
- Portrait: the screen is in a portrait orientation.
- Portrait (Reverse): the screen is in a portrait orientation; the opposite direction from normal portrait.
- Portrait (Sensor): the screen is in a portrait orientation, but the sensor is used to change direction.
- Landscape: the screen is in a landscape orientation.
- Landscape (Reverse): the screen is in a landscape orientation; the opposite direction from normal landscape.
- Landscape (Sensor): the screen is in a landscape orientation, but the sensor is used to change direction.
* Depending on the device, you may not be able to use several modes.
* If "Guard" mode is active, you cannot click "install" button when you want to install an application. When you want to install an application, you should inactivate "Guard" mode or this application.
Keep track of your test scores for individual courses and special exams such as the SAT, GRE, MCAT, AP, and more in your profile. Create weighted categories such as homework and exams for different grading systems, or take the total points to determine your grades for each class. Lock your grades down by setting a pin number for privacy. Manage your assignments with upcoming dues dates and overdue alerts. Backup your profile to either your SD card or via email so that you never have to worry about losing your data.
Contact email@example.com for access to the beta of the in progress 3.0 version which is coming soon!
v1.3.1 Minor Maintenance
Fixed missing permission error and market_not_managed errors
Why train just to "get bigger" when you can have a specific goal?
Track progress over time as you aim to make your body look like that of a Greek god.
Great for those interested in health, exercise, fitness, & bodybuilding!