Seesmic was acquired by Hootsuite in 2012, and since that time, we announced our plan to sunset the app as we focus development on Hootsuite’s native Android applications. We will now be removing support for the Seesmic app and retiring the app from the Google Play directory.
We encourage current Seesmic users to switch to Hootsuite’s Android app to find the most popular social media management features, including the ability to post to multiple Twitter and Facebook accounts, view your mentions and social interactions, and share rich media to your audiences.
Similar to Seesmic, Hootsuite helps you:
* Cross-post to multiple Twitter and Facebook profiles at the same time
* View mentions and conversation threads
* Manage your Twitter lists
* Search keywords, users, hashtags, and trending topics
* Receive notifications for new messages
* Add shortcuts to your phone’s home screen for quick access to commonly used features
Additional features in Hootsuite:
* Schedule your posts ahead of time
* Manage Facebook Groups and Events
* Post to more social networks like LinkedIn Profiles and FourSquare
* Track clicks on shared content
* Simplify your team’s workflow through Assignments
Latest Hootsuite features:
* Improved image sharing
* New options for automatically scheduling at the best time of day
* Notifications for actions within search streams
* Share your streams with team members
* Approve messages before they’re published
* Single sign-in options for Twitter, Facebook and Google+
Submit ideas for additional features to our Android Feedback Forum: http://ow.ly/z9Hcx
We understand that transition can be hard and we’re here to help! Hootsuite has 24/7 support teams standing by to help make your onboarding seamless. If you have any questions or experience any issues, tweet us @Hootsuite_Help.
Have any feature requests? Suggest or vote for your favourite features so we can take them into consideration for a future release: https://feedback.hootsuite.com/forums/40828-hootsuite-for-android
Schedule your updates to post at optimal times, whether you're around or not. Build up a queue of awesome content to share with your friends and followers, and followup on your posts with Buffer's straightforward analytics to see which posts performed best.
Buffer works from news apps like Flipboard, Zite, Taptu, TweetDeck, Evernote, Pocket, Instapaper, Pulse, Feedly, UberSocial, Plume, Seesmic, Google Currents and almost all other reader apps. You also get Twitter analytics, Facebook analytics & LinkedIn stats.
Fast for Facebook is a new client to manage your Facebook© account! Fast is born from the idea to give a great and full experience even to the less powerful device!
Fast it’s also a social reader, you can organize your list and read-share all the stories from your favorite blogs or newspapers.
Special Fast’s Features:
• Use Fast as a news reader creating your own lists of pages and friends
• Read notifications and manage events
• View videos from YouTube© and Facebook© directly in the app
• Deep User Interface customization
• Optional Security pin against snoopy
• Optional Push Notifications Add-on (available on Google Play)
• Download Pictures, Videos and Conversations from Facebook directly in your device
• Access to Facebook© news feed
• Send, share, like and comment contents
• Chat and manage private messages
• Search friends, people, pages and everything else
• Update status, Upload photos and videos
• Access to Groups and Pages
• Multi accounts
• Facebook© photos download
• Widget and quick links
After many Updates, it is a Facebook© client with low battery and bandwidth consumption and a unique user interface. It is active only when you want and it’s very light: only 2 mega! No hidden services or annoying notifications, it can be transferred to your SD card too!
Fast asks for permissions in order to work on Facebook©, if you accept them all the features, It works, otherwise you will not be able to use 100% of Fast!
Check our social activity:
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/fast4android
Please send us a feedback. Don't post 1 Star, we are here to support you! Your opinion is important for us. This app is free, remember!
Let's face it, when it comes to Android, whether you like the official Facebook application or not it has one major flaw: no notifications! And this is even more true when you don't use any app for Facebook at all but just the browser, and yet want to keep updated. I frankly hate this: why would you have to check for updates yourself when you could get automatically notified whenever a notification from your Facebook account arrives, just as iPhone users do?
I decided to solve this issue for my own convenience, and so this is where this app chimes in: a lightweight and fast application to get notifications from Facebook, what you decide, at the interval you decide and reported as you decide. Nothing else, just as plain and simple as effective! Choose between general notifications, private messages, friend requests, events, birthdays, pokes, online friends and lost friendships and decide how to view the notifications:
* directly in the app, with the ability to like/comment/share/reshare/RSVP;
* open it in the official Facebook app;
* open it in FriendCaster (Free or Pro) if installed;
* open it in Seesmic, if installed;
* open it in Facebook Stream for Android, if installed;
* open it in the browser (full view, Touch or WAP version);
* or just open any other app you have installed (just opening the main activity of app, no custom behaviour)
The service can be started automatically at boot if you want, and a 1x1 widget is provided as well to explicitly request new notifications should you want to. 1x1, 2x1 and 4x1 widgets are also available to show counters of unread notifications. (NOTE: the widgets will NOT work if you move the app to SD). Notifications can be received in the notifications bar and as popup dialogs (by also unlocking and/or waking the screen, if necessary). Details on all the required permissions are at the end of this page.
Other features include: newsfeed, walls, pages, groups, checkin, photo/video upload and much more!
IMPORTANT: the app only gets NEW and UNREAD notifications, meaning it won't download, for example, all the notifications you already saw before launching the app or between refreshes.
Icon set realized by Elisa!
Thanks to Matthew for the Gingerbread status bar icons!
Spanish translation realized by Luis López Moreno (firstname.lastname@example.org; www.llmgraphics.com)
Danish translation realized by Rasmus
German translation realized by Carsten Schläger (email@example.com; http://carstiboy.blogsport.eu)
Dutch translation realized by Elroy Tirbeni (Specially for his love: Annelies)
Portuguese translation realized by Marcio Andrade (marciozomb13 - firstname.lastname@example.org)
Turkish translation realized by HuS (He falls in love with Gözde <3) (email@example.com)
Pull to refresh implemented thanks to this library: https://github.com/johannilsson/android-pulltorefresh
This application is not affiliated with Facebook. Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
* android.permission.INTERNET: to get notifications from Facebook;
* android.permission.VIBRATE: for the optional vibrate functionality in notifications;
* android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: to avoid making unneeded requests if the network is unavailable;
* android.permission.DISABLE_KEYGUARD: to unlock the lockscreen, if requested for popup notifications;
* android.permission.WAKE_LOCK: to wake the screen, if requested for popup notifications;
* android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE: to save pictures associated with notifications in the SD cache (the internal cache alone may be emptied arbitrarily and as such force the app to download the picture again, wasting bandwidth)
* Multiple Twitter Accounts – Manage and easily post to multiple Twitter accounts
* Facebook – Simultaneously post to Twitter and Facebook
* Notifications – Get notified of new tweets, mentions, messages, or by specific user. Notifications are expandable and actionable on Android 4.1+
* Photo Effects – Add cool filters, effects and captions to photos, as you upload them
* Zip It – Zip annoying tweeters or keywords from your timeline without unfollowing
* Widgets – multiple widgets, including one that is scrollable and sizeable (Android 3.0+)!
* Themes – Twelve vibrant, colorful themes
* Smart Filter – Filter your timeline to look only at tweets with photos, links, videos, or hide retweets or replies
* Search Party – How Twitter search was meant to be! Lets you search just your own timeline, someone else’s, or all of Twitter.
* Smart Lists – The best way to use Twitter Lists, including robust list management and viewing tools
* My Stats – Up-to-the-minute tally of stats includes Most Retweeted, Most Mentioned, Most Favorited, & many more
* Photo previews – View previews and open photos from most image services, including Instagram
* Speak Tweets – Tap microphone on New Tweet screen to speak instead of typing
* Schedule Tweets – Compose a tweet and send later or send to Buffer
* Read Later – Save links to read/view later using Pocket, Instapaper, or Readability
* Streaming – Tweets are streaming in real-time when connect via WiFi
* Readability – View links in Readability mode for a mobile-optimized view
* Color Code Tweets –Color code your Tweets and mentions
* Long Tweets – Use Twitlonger to tweet over 140 characters
* Who to Follow – Suggests people to follow
What People are Saying:
“Nicely designed… Colorful but clean.” – CNET
“Contender for best Twitter app. 5/5 bars.” – Appolicious
“Excellent Twitter client.” – TUAW
“This is the best Twitter app I've found. Very easy to use and very beautiful.” – Che, TweetCaster User (v6.8)
Tired of the same old Twitter apps? Give Fenix a try and you won't go back!
✓ Don't miss any of your account activities. With support for real time updates, you can see who's retweeting, favoriting and following you.
✓ Clickable timeline links, because every tap count!
- Single click to open a user profile, search for an hashtag or open a web link
- Long press to access quick actions (to share, copy or tweet a link)
✓ Gorgeous conversations layout
✓ Beautiful images and videos preview, directly from your timeline
✓ Support for Twitter multiple images
✓ Support for multiple accounts
✓ Support for multiple drafts, because every word you type is precious!
✓ Swipe all the things! You can swipe through all the app sections, swipe to close a tweet or even swipe to compose a new tweet.
✓ Quick access to all your lists and saved searches
✓ Mute users, hashtags, Twitter clients or custom keywords
✓ Internal browser with Readability support
✓ TweetMarker support
✓ Choose from light, dark or true black themes
✓ Timeline and mentions widgets
✓ Customise the navigation of the app. Don't care about Direct Messages? You've never favorited a tweet? Just hide those sections and they won't steal precious screen space anymore. With Fenix you can even use one of your lists as your main timeline.
✓ And a lot more...
Join the Google+ community to get the latest news on Fenix: https://plus.google.com/communities/112511020902076533465
or follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/fenix_app
Beautiful themes, including Material Design, powerful features and highly customizable.
✓ True Push Notifications - Runs over 3G or WiFi for mentions, Direct Messages, when you get a new follower, when you are retweeted, etc. You don't even need the app open! We don't keep connections open to Twitter on your device, like most other Twitter clients, that drain your battery, our push servers do all the hard work
✓ 24 Beautiful Material Design themes for Android Lollipop, 12 light, 12 dark
✓ Multiple Twitter photo support
✓ Clickable links in your timeline
✓ Animated Gif posting and viewing support
✓ Android Wear support! View your timeline and reply directly to a notification. You can also send a new Tweet directly from your watch!
✓ Realtime streaming updates, total optional. Can even run in the background
✓ Beautiful Card UI and Drawer navigation
✓ Wonderful, rich, high-quality image previews
✓ Light, dark and hybrid themes, including translucent background and KitKat style transparent navigation
✓ Powerful theme builder, allowing you to create, download and share custom themes
✓ Multiple accounts
✓ Save as many draft tweets as you want
✓ Internal Web browser
✓ Mute users, hashtags, keywords and clients, with official Twitter mute user syncing and auto-expiry
✓ Clickable links in the timeline
✓ Twitlonger support
✓ Tweetmarker timeline sync for Home, Mentions, Lists and Saved Searches
✓ Customizable navigation. Put whatever is important to you at the forefront
✓ Hugely customizable!
✓ Dashclock integration
✓ Timeline and mention widgets
"The most customizable Twitter client for Android?" - Lifehacker
"This is simply one of the absolute best Twitter clients out there today, period." - Makeuseof
"Tweetings: Best Twitter app for Nexus 7 (and maybe any platform)" - ZDNet
Help translate Tweetings into your language at http://ackuna.com/translate-/tweetings/
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/tweetings
Join our community here to help beta test https://plus.google.com/communities/100591855518757310400
Talon like never before. Bold and beautiful. All material, all speed.
Created with Android Lollipop and Material Design at it's center. Talon (Plus) includes stunning and beautiful layouts, eye catching animations, the smoothness you should expect from the latest and greatest apps, plus so much more.
This isn't the Talon of the past, it has been fully rebuilt around Android 5.0 (and is only supported on 5.0) to give you the most power, speed, and style possible. You have never experienced an app like this before. You won't even be able to think about going back to your "Holo" Twitter app.
Beautiful, up-to-date layouts, designs, and neat animations isn't the only thing Talon has going for it though! The list of features is off the charts, doing everything you could ever want from your Twitter app. Here is a pretty comprehensive list of its features:
- Live streaming support
- Support for 2 accounts
- Favorite users
- Swipe between timelines, lists, and other pages
- View favoriters and retweeters on a tweet
- And the list goes on :)
- "Materialized" theme engine for primary and accent colors
- Light and dark theme support
- Translucent system bars
- Night mode
- Custom text sizes
- Custom notification settings
- And many other goodies in there as well!
- Activity Page for new followers, favorites/retweets, and mentions
- Twitter GIF support
- Expand tweets right from your timeline for quick interaction
- Clickable and long clickable links, hashtags, and @ mentions
- Expandable, actionable, and dynamic notification system
- Full app popup
- Top-down mode if you prefer to always start at the top of your timeline
- iOS emoji support (see notes section below)
- View in-line Twitter, Instagram, and other major image service pictures
- View in-line YouTube thumbnails
- Native YouTube and Vine player
- In-app browser
- "Do not disturb" mode
- Widget for main timeline
- Unread tweets, mentions, and DM's widget
- DashClock Extension
- Google style pull to refresh for quick refreshing
You will never go back to your old Twitter client again!
Enjoy Talon and don't hesitate to contact me with questions, requests, or bugs! The best way would be either through email or get involved on the Google+ page.
If you want to know more about this version vs the classic version, check out the post I wrote, here: http://goo.gl/ZKNGzU
Thanks and enjoy!
Contact me (Luke Klinker):
My Twitter: @lukeklinker
Talon's Twitter: @TalonAndroid
Google+ Beta Page: http://goo.gl/KCXlZk
--- Other Notes ---
Android has built in support for emojis, but if you want the iOS style, just download this plugin and apply them from advanced settings.
- Write to Storage: Saves pictures to your SD card and writes them into the cache.
- Read from Storage: Used when backing up settings.
- Location: Used for trends and attaching locations to tweets.
- Network Communication: Obviously have to be able to interact with Twitter ;)
- Network State: Used so the user can toggle background sync to only over WiFi.
- Run at Startup: Re-schedules the background refreshes.
- Keep Awake: Used for background refreshes and waking the screen.
- Vibrate: Used for the notifications.
- Device ID: Used for Google Cloud Messaging (Never uses the phone permission)
- Jacob Klinker: to many things to list! Tons of ideas, support, and inspiration
- Aaron Klinker: Icon Design
- Other open-source libraries and resources used can be found under the 'Get Help' section in settings.
* Smooth and blazing fast timeline.
* Push notifications
* Tablet UI
* Multiple image upload and preview
* Streaming option for timelines and directs
* Background auto refresh
* TweetMarker sync
* TweetLonger links and posting feature
* Multiple image preview and navigation with swipe between images
* Muting option based on hashtags and keywords
* Pebble smartwatch support
* DashClock widget extension
- Your location: Used for attaching your location to tweets
- Phone calls and read phone status and identity: Used for checking your Play Store license.
Important Note: You need to KEEP Plume for Twitter installed, this application just remove the ads, and will not pollute your phone!
Hootsuite is free for up to 3 social network accounts and has over 9 million users. It is the top app for Android to help you manage social media and track social media analytics.
Publish and schedule messages, monitor mentions and conversations about your brand, and track analytics - all from your Android device.
Hootsuite allows you to:
* Publish and share photos to all your social networks at once
* Manage multiple social network accounts on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
* Schedule a post to Facebook or a tweet to Twitter to be sent at a later time or day
* AutoSchedule messages to automatically post them at the best time of day
* Check-in to Foursquare
* Monitor your brand on Twitter and Facebook
* Receive optional notifications for Twitter and Facebook updates when people mention your brand or talk about keywords you follow
* Shorten links with Ow.ly and track click-through stat report analytics
Hootsuite for Android complements your account on the Hootsuite web platform. You can easily add your social network accounts such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Foursquare to your Hootsuite account to get started.
Simple, efficient, and powerful, Hootsuite for Android allows you to:
* Tweet from multiple Twitter accounts or schedule tweets for Twitter accounts.
* Post to Facebook Profiles and Pages or schedule Facebook posts.
You can also post to LinkedIn, Foursquare, and more from virtually anywhere. Plus, you can easily manage campaigns & analytics, schedule updates, and even translate and publish messages to/from over 50 languages.
Get the top app to build your audience, manage Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Foursquare from anywhere and tie analytics back to your goals.
Sign up for Hootsuite for free: http://hootsuite.com
If you experience any issues or want to give us feedback, tweet to us @Hootsuite_Help. We're happy to help!
Questions or Feedback?
See all of your Facebook Groups in one place. Discuss, plan and collaborate easily and without distractions. Follow your groups here or on Facebook, whichever is easier for you.
* Create a group for just about anything.
* Share information, post photos and links, and stay in touch.
* Discover and join new groups for whatever you’re into.
Facebook Groups are great for...
* Families—share photos, organize vacations.
* Teams—post updates and schedules.
* Neighborhoods—borrow tools, share local news.
* School & Work—collaborate on projects, distribute notes.
FastLite creates a sandbox for Facebook's mobile site in order to protect your privacy and to avoid the ability others to track your browsing history.
- Very FAST and LIGHT
- Very recommended for devices with low memory
- Full Facebook Support
- Touch Optimized UI
- Check-in (GPS must be enabled)
- Photo upload
1. Facebook is trademark of Facebook Inc. and the app is not made by Facebook.
2. All efforts have been made in order to respect the copyrights requirements. In order to report any violations, you can report us by sending a mail.
Tinfoil for Facebook is for those users that require a Tinfoil Hat when logging in to Facebook. It creates a sandbox for Facebook's mobile site in order to protect your privacy and to avoid the ability others to track your browsing history.
Requires INTERNET permissions.
Feel free to check the source code here: https://github.com/velazcod/Tinfoil-Facebook
It also requires the "COARSE_LOCATION" permission. This is not used unless you enable "Allow Check-ins" on the preferences, otherwise Check-ins won't work. This option is disabled by default.
If you have issues, please remember that Tinfoil is just a wrapper for the Facebook mobile site. Some things break on the site and there isn't much we can do to fix some issues. Sometimes forcing the user-agent helps (Preferences -> Mobile/desktop site -> Force mobile). If you find an issue and are completely it's a problem with Tinfoil please open a issue in the Github tracker: https://github.com/velazcod/Tinfoil-Facebook/issues
When you login, first I request the read_mailbox permission to get your inbox unread count, and then I request the manage_notifications permission, these permissions must be requested separate because one is read and the other is publish. My app only reads messages/notifications. I do not use these permissions to publish anything to your facebook feed.
Not Logged In
If after update you may see this message. If you do try to logout and back in via settings or also clear app data through the Android Settings. This should clear up this issue.
Dashclock Facebook Extension has been open sourced and published on Github!
Please help translate: https://github.com/robbypond/DashclockFacebookExtension-Localization
DashClock Facebook Extension requires DashClock Widget by Roman Nurik: http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nurik.roman.dashclock
Thanks to John Seidner for the upgrade icons!