ROAR: (Root Operation App Rescue)
This App, ROAR, provides you the ease of referencing your "Root Operations" definitions, "Approaches", "Body Part Key by Anatomical Term" or “Anatomical Term by Body Part Key”, giving coders quick answers right away. The ROAR App saves time without accessing books or other software. ROAR was created to provide additional quick easy referencing assistance at your fingertips. Such a great "tool" for coders. Your one time purchase includes updates.
On October 1, 2015, the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), in the United States, mandated that all healthcare entities covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) transform over to a new set of codes for electronic health care transactions. We are referring to the International Classification of Diseases, 10th Edition, Clinical Modification/Procedure Coding System (ICD-10-CM/PCS). The new classification system provides significant improvements through greater detailed information and the ability to expand to capture additional advancements in clinical medicine.
ICD-10-CM/PCS improvements include:
* Much greater specificity and clinical information, which results in:
* Improved ability to measure health care services
* Increased sensitivity when refining grouping and reimbursement methodologies
* Enhanced ability to conduct public health surveillance
* Decreased need to include supporting documentation with claims
* Updated medical terminology and classification of diseases
* Codes that allow comparison of mortality and morbidity data
Better data for:
* Measuring care furnished to patients
* Designing payment systems
* Processing claims
* Making clinical decisions
* Tracking public health
* Identifying fraud and abuse
* Conducting research.
Whether you were an opponent or proponent, we still have to learn it.