Let us guide you through The Forbidden City in Beijing, China.
This guide covers the 23 most important structures and monuments at The Forbidden City. It offers a full description of every building including photos of how the buildings look in all their glory. Markings on the map shows where the structures are placed, and where your are accordingly to them.
Using TTS (text to speak) your smartphone will act as an audio guide and will read the texts out to you loud, as you visit the different sites. The voice used is the default Android speaker voice, that is already installed on your device. All you need to do is to press “Play” at the button of a selected text, and the chosen text will be read out to you.
You can either use our predefined tour of the highlights of the area, or you can plan your own tour through the museum. Simply use the Tour Planner features to select the buildings you would like to see and then follow you own route through The Forbidden City.
Features included in the app:
- Description and history of 23 of the buildings in The Forbidden City.
- Pictures of the buildings.
- Audioguide using TTS (text to speech).
- Tour planner to create your own unique route through the Forbidden City.
- Markings of the buildings on a GPS powered map.
- A description of the history of the entire area.
23 buildings are covered in The Forbidden City:
- Meridian Gate
- Gate of Divine Prowess
- Gate of Supreme Harmony
- Hall of Supreme Harmony
- Hall of Central Harmony
- Hall of Preserved Harmony
- Gate of Heavenly Purity
- Tower of Enhanced Righteousness
- Hall of Martial Valor
- Hall of Literary Glory
- Palace of Heavenly Purity
- Palace of Union and Peace
- Hall of Earthly Tranquility
- Imperial Garden
- Imperial Kitchen
- Nine Dragon Screen
- Hall of Mental Cultivation
- Palace of Great Benevolence
- Hall of Ancestry Worship
- Palace of Eternal Harmony
- North Five Halls
- Hall of Imperial Supremacy
- Hall of Character Cultivation