IMPROVE YOUR LIFE BY CHANGING YOUR THINKING!
For self-help and to aid therapy
Are you stressed?
Do you have anxiety?
Do you have depression?
Are you controlling?
Does anger cause problems with others?
Do you have problems in relationships?
Do you tend to be jealous?
Do you have low self-esteem?
Are you unmotivated?
Do you want to be more satisfied in life?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, this app can teach you how to recognize thinking that interferes with achieving your goals in life and how to change that thinking.
CBT tools included in this app:
1) Comprehensive Cognitive Diary
2) Inspire Diary (a simple cognitive method to provide affirmations and record positive events)
3) Cognitive Styles Test and Your Happiness Assessment as well as a number of other tests to help you learn about yourself
4) Healthy Activities Log to keep track of daily activities
5) Mood log with graphs to track your mood
6) Points log to track progress and provide motivation
7) Links to relaxation and assistance audios at the Excel At Life website
These methods use the tools of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) to challenge irrational thinking. This app was developed by a licensed clinical psychologist with over 30 years as a practicing psychotherapist specializing in cognitive-behavioral therapy.
The concept underlying the CBT approach is that irrational beliefs lead to many life problems such as stress, anxiety, anger, depression, conflict in relationships among many other issues.
Don't feel hopeless about changing your life. Learn the methods shown in psychological research to be effective with changing your emotions/mood and behavior.
This app provides multiple articles, training examples and a tutorial to help you use the Cognitive Diary and other CBT methods.
The cognitive diary methods help you to determine some ways to challenge the irrational thinking. Once you have done that, it is important to read the rational challenges frequently until they automatically come to mind rather than the irrational thinking.
The app provides a simple way of doing this by reviewing the history of your recorded events.
Also includes password protection and a daily reminder.
You can customize:
1) irrational belief titles if using different system of cognitive therapy
2) emotions/mood list
3) add personal coping statements to challenge list
4) mood list
5) healthy activities list
6) motivating statements on home screen