The 'Student Health Matters' app enables Irish students to access safe, evidence-based and reliable health information instantly at the touch of a button – all in one place.
Rather than googling their health questions, which can be unreliable and confusing, students can now access trusted health information and links to many useful websites in seconds.
The content, which is regularly updated, is based on Irish healthcare information and services. It has been specially created by a team of health professionals at the Irish Student Health Association.
Open the app and find:
• Information and advice on healthy lifestyles
• Health A-Z
• General health advice on how to spot and manage common physical and mental health problems
• Key information on sexual health, contraception, my options and consent
• How to look after your health, respond to emergencies and self-care for minor illnesses
• Useful info and web links on where to get help, advice and support
• Local support – information, contact details and links to the specific health and medical services available at your College (if listed)
The Student Health Matters app was created by the Irish Student Health Association (ISHA), which represents professionals who provide health services for students in third-level college health centres throughout Ireland.