Truth and Tales offers many fun options for kids: interactive stories, audiobooks, coloring activities and games that restore homeostasis! Our kids stories are unique: in addition to being fun and surprising, they help children to grow and to be prepared for life’s everyday challenges.
These stories are called Teaching Stories: ancient tales that develop essential skills such as attention, empathy, perception, self-knowledge, self-regulation and negotiation skills.
Truth and Tales’ activities for kids come in three formats:
- Interactive Stories: stories for kids to play and read at the same time. They can customize the characters, interact with the stories' characters and objects, and even blow on the device’s microphone for the narrative to progress;
- Audiobooks: audio-only stories for kids. Perfect for bedtime, when the lights are off and screens are no longer interesting, or for road trips, to avoid getting car sick.
- Artist Gallery: time to color! In the Artist Gallery, kids let their imaginations run wild as they color drawings from the Truth and Tales’ stories.
- Move It-Move It: super fun game in which kids mirror animal postures and shapes in nature with their bodies. The game promotes the return to homeostatic state and the integration between body and mind. Kids prop up their phones/tablets somewhere where they can see the screen and then follow the instructions guided by animated illustrations and narration. An enjoyable experience for the whole family!
DOCTORS, NEUROSCIENTISTS AND EDUCATORS have participated in the app’s development process to ensure a healthy, solid bridge would be built between reading and the new generation of kids.
Move It-Move It is the perfect combination of health and fun for kids to return to their natural balance! The practices from the homeostasis game were created by a specialized kids yoga instructor so that the little ones could integrate their body and mind and still exercise safely and calmly! With Move It-Move It, everything is even more fun! Kids can draw a random card or choose between several cards which animal or element of nature they will mirror.
Homeostasis exercises offer countless benefits, ranging from strength, flexibility, and balance development to posture and breathing improvement. It can also enhance kids’ body awareness and their ability to be fully present, which is the foundation of mindfulness practice.
The interactivity aspect of the stories allows children to alternate between moments of attentional focus and of relaxation as they experience Truth and Tales, improving their narrative comprehension and helping them to fully absorb all the benefits of the stories.
All the stories are based on TEACHING STORIES, ancient tales from many different cultures around the world. These kids stories were created with the purpose of showing kids the way back to themselves, and that is why they were chosen to be a part of Truth and Tales.
Since moral lessons direct readers’ attention to learn specific things, therefore prioritizing these interpretations and restricting the mind to perceive other possibilities, our kids stories do not impose them on readers.
The Teaching Stories are filled with nuance and depth so that each reading is unique and open to be freely interpreted. That is why our stories are not constrained by moral lessons: so that each and every one of us is free to perceive!
Kids develop skills such as:
- Conflict resolution
- The ability to overcome irrational fears
And also learn to love reading!
SEALS AND AWARDS:
- Bronze Winner of The Lusophone Awards Of Creativity
- Best App of Interactive Comkids 2020
- Gold Recipient of The 2019 Mom’s Choice Awards
- Recommended By Common Sense Media
NEW CONTENT EVERY MONTH!
Try it for free!