DMX Dip saves you valuable time, you don't have to calculate what dip switches you have to set to put your fixture on an address. Typing three numbers into the app is much faster than calculating all that binary numbers in your head.
The reverse operation is also possible, just use the dip switches in the app like you would use real-life switches, and DMX Dip tells you exactly for which address the fixture is configured.
It can control the colours of your lights by RGB, RGBW, RGBA on 32 DMX universes and 512 channels par universes.
The Application always reconnect automatically on your local network, you don't need to worried about possible disconnections anymore.
You can connect at the same time up to 10 Terminal on the save server (software or Stand Alone interface).
You can control the software and Stand Alone interface commands like the RGB colours, Speed of the lighting scenes and sequences, general dimmer, pause, black out, full white, next scene.
You can setup a DMX channel level instantly for your test and for manual controls of the lightings.
You can display 1 or several mode of the App.
You can add a password to lock the screen display for basic uses.
With this application now you can calculate correct channel numbers when you're on stage.
- DIP direction changeable (click on label)
- Numbering order reverseable (click on label)
- Increment by digits one-by-one
- Stepping with user selected value
- Editable stepping (long click on step buttons)
For more information check out About box in app.
The old version will no longer be updated, this is the version that will be maintained! Please contact me if you have any trouble downloading!
- Enter in the Starting Fixture#, Starting Dmx# and the # of Channels/Fixture. DmxCalc will give you each units Dmx and Binary Values.
- View Fixture Libraries [Menu]
- To Clear All Fields [Long Click\Assign]
- To convert binary to DmxValue, leave DmxAddr blank and hit CALC!
CURRENT LIBRARIES: Libraries: Elation, HES, Martin, Vari*Lite
Development Plans: User Library; Channel Breakdowns; AutoPatch Export;
- Large font size and dip switch graphic for easy reading
- Saves values between sessions - pick up where you left off
- Calculate the Channel number by setting the DIP switch positions (reverse calculation)
- Displays a list of all fixtures and their DMX values starting from the base DMX channel.
- Option to disable the screen lock so the you don't have to keep unlocking it after working on a fixture for a while.
- Change the direction of the "ON" position as well as the order of the DIP switches (left to right or right to left).
-Calculate numeric DMX address from DIP switch configuration.
-Calculate DIP switch configuration from numeric DMX address.
-Calculate universe number from DMX addresses over 512.
-Calculate ArtNet universe (subnet:universe) from DMX addresses over 512.
-Generate DMX Patch chart containing fixture id (of same type), DMX address and DIP configuration.
-Saves last generated patch chart.
-Calculate Power, Amps or Voltage in simple single-phase systems.
-Calculate quick approximate 3-phase total Wattage & Amperage (for use with single-phase systems
-Calculate beam size, distance & angle.
Will be adding more tools in future updates! This is my first android app.
Future updates might include:
-a better UI
-Basic DMX percentage/raw/HEX conversions
-more electrical calculators (voltage drop, dimmer load balancing etc...)
-improved beam calculator
-general lighting tech cheat sheets
LD Tools Lighting DMX DIP Calculator Electrical Watt Amp Voltage Beam Angle Distance
This is the free version, which contains ads; you can also buy from the Market the PRO version of the app to support the developer, unlock more features and get rid of the ads.
The app includes:
• Resistor color code decoder (3-6 bands);
• SMD Resistor Code;
• Inductor color code decoder;
• Ohm’s law calculator;
• Reactance/Resonance calculator;
• Voltage divider;
• Resistors ratio, value/series/parallel;
• Capacitor charge calculation;
• Operational amplifier;
• LED resistor calculator;
• Adjustable voltage regulator/LM317 calculator;
• Heat dissipation;
• Battery Life calculator;
• Inductor design tool;
• Voltage Drop calculator;
• PCB Trace Width calculator;
• Simple Filters calculator;
• NE555 calculator;
• Power Calculator;
• Decibel Converter;
• Frequency Converter;
• Analog-Digital Converter;
• Y-Δ Transformation;
• Port pin-out (USB, Serial, Parallel, Ethernet, RJ, SCART, DVI, HDMI, S-Video, VGA, VESA, Display Port, FireWire, Jack, RCA, XLR/DMX, ATX Power, PC Molex, EIDE, SATA, PS/2-AT, MIDI/Game port, Apple 30-pin, PDMI, OBD-II, 25-pair phone cable color code, Color Code for Fiber Optic Cables; ISO connector for car audio; Arduino pin-outs);
• Resources (Resistivity table; Table of standard resistors and capacitors; Capacitor marking codes; AWG and SWG Wire size; Ampacity Table; Symbols and Abbreviations; Circuit Schematic Symbols; SI Units prefixes; Battery info; Boolean logic gate and algebra Theorems; 7400 info and pinout; ASCII codes, Batteries list, 78xx IC, ChipDB IC pinouts, Switch Information, Decibel Table, PIC ICSP/AVR ISP, SMD Package Size, Radio frequencies);
• Full support for EIA resistor series for all calculators;
...and more to come!
The app has also support for plugins to expand functionality of the application (e.g. PIC and AVR micro-controllers Database, simulators, parts search).
If you like the program, please rate it, and buy the full version to support the development.
Electrodroid PRO link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.android.demi.elettronica.pro
For FAQ and full change-log, visit http://electrodroid.it
❖ Delay calculator - A quick and easy way to convert from metres / feet to mS.
❖ DAW disk space calculator - Want to know how many tracks you can record for your 30 minute master piece and at what sample / bit rate based on your hard drive capacity, then this is the tool for you.
❖ SPL calculator - Simply enter amplifier power, loud-speaker sensitivity and a distance to find your maximum sound pressure level.
❖ Impedance calculators - Calculate total loads for a group of speakers in parallel and series configurations.
❖ Tone Generator - Select from 10 common sine wave frequencies, 20hz to 20khz sine wave sweep, pink and white noise.
❖ dBu / dBV to voltage converter, wavelength calculator, constant voltage impedance converter (70v + 100v line), and UK radio mic frequency lists (Ch38, Ch69 and de-reg).
❖ Aspect ratio calculator - Need to work out a videos aspect ratio; simply enter the dimensions and press calculate, alternatively enter one dimension and select the aspect ratio to get the second dimension.
❖ Projection distance calculator and screen resolutions guide.
❖ DMX address - dip switch - Simply enter the DMX address to receive the correct dip switch settings, then select an offset (Number of DMX channels your fixture requires) and use the plus and minus buttons to quickly address multiple fixtures.
❖ Beam width calculator and Gel cut calculator.
❖ Power voltage current calculator - A simple Ohm's law based calculator.
❖ Voltage drop calculator
❖ Pin-outs for common audio-visual connectors
Additional features available in AV Tools Pro:
✓ No Adverts
✓ Custom frequency tone generator with play in background facility
✓ Favourites feature - quick access to your most used tools.
✓ Tablet layouts
If you would like to request a feature or report a bug please email me, otherwise please leave a comment.
* Table based dip switch results.
* Channel count and span.
* Reverse lookup using top switches.
* Share your results
* Light and Dark themes (currently 3.0+)
More from developer
Please leave comments and email me about any issues or features you want added. Thank you very much.
Leko, beam, degree, ETC, barrel, distance, throw, lighting, stage, theatre, calculator, dip switch, dip switch calculator, dmx calculator, dmx, xlr, pinouts, pinout, lee, rosco, gam, gel, color, swatch, comparison
**Permissions for internet and network access are used only for google analytics**
NOTE - i'm sorry if anybodys having issues with language translation - i'm getting some weird packaging errors with roboguice and the internationalization stuff - i'm trying to get this fixed right now