This eye test is designed to monitor a person's central visual field in the most pleasant, intuitive and stress-free way for FREE.
Vision test is useful for:
- Patients with macular degeneration (usually instructed to monitor their vision daily)
- House visits
- Household tests for adults who have doubts if a doctor's visit is required
- Nursing homes
- Random test charts to eliminate boring and repeating experiences;
- Voice controls to help you navigate easier;
- Smooth and intuitive interface with animations.
This eye examination is of particular interest to reveal age-related macular degeneration (AMD) which mostly affects adults and results in a loss of vision in the center of the visual field (the macula) because of damage to the retina. It is a major cause of blindness and visual impairment for adults over 50 years. Macular degeneration can make it difficult or impossible to read or recognize faces, although enough peripheral vision remains to allow other activities of daily life.
It is recommended to pass this test a couple of times each year no matter what your age is.
The amsler grid used in this examination is a diagnostic tool that aids in the detection of visual disturbances caused by changes in the retina, particularly the macula (e.g. macular degeneration, Epiretinal membrane), as well as the optic nerve and the visual pathway to the brain. A particular problem is the age-related macular degeneration.
The Central Vision Test is made with the best of intentions. The intuitive and flawless design allows you to navigate easily through the application. The voice guidance is provided during the test so that you don't need to move your mobile device near or far to read the instructions but instead you can hear the nice voice guiding you through different steps and actions. The voice can easily be muted and unmuted.
In the test, you will be given a small dot in the center of the grid. One should identify if any of the straight lines are wavy, missing or have other disorder. At the end of the test results will show whether the person has problems in central visual field or not for each eye separately.
More details about central visual field, macular degeneration, retina, eye examination tests and trainings as well as other eye related topics can be found in our news.eyeexamtest.com blog.
The Central Vision Test is continuously under improvement so your feedback is appreciated!
- Take the most comfortable position to relax.
- Have a mild nature light and no glare on the phone screen.
- Wear your contacts or glasses if you normally do.
- Place your phone approx. 50 cm/20 inches from your eyes.
- Cover one eye at a time with your hand.
- Stare at the dot in the center. Do not let your eye drift from the center dot.
- Try to identify if any of the straight lines appear wavy or bent,
- Any of the boxes differ in size or shape from the others, or
- Any of the lines are missing, blurry or discolored.
We highly recommend using our Eye Care Plus that allows to pass a more detailed eye examination as well as train your eye muscles for better vision.
This application is not intended to replace optician's regular full examination. We recommend you get a full eye test after using it.