This eye test is designed to reveal contrast sensitivity function in person's eyes in the most pleasant, intuitive and stress-free way for FREE.
Vision test is useful for:
- Patients with blurred vision at night
- Patients that have normal visual acuity, but still experience fuzzy, cloudy vision
- House visits
- Household tests for those who have doubts if a doctor's visit is required
- Schools, kindergartens, universities or offices for monitoring
- Random test charts to eliminate boring and repeating experiences;
- Voice controls to help you navigate easier;
- Smooth and intuitive interface with animations.
Contrast sensitivity is all about how your visual system distinguishes the object from its background unlike the
Visual Acuity Test which measures the ability to distinguish high contrast objects (shortsightedness, long sightedness).
Like visual acuity the contrast sensitivity problems are not necessarily disease specific.
It can be a result of optical problems like refractive errors.
It also can come from disorders like macular degeneration or neural problems such as glaucoma or optic neuritis.
Some studies even state that it is a good sign of a visual acuity loss in the next years.
Many daily living activities involve low contrast objects. Once patients are warned,
they can take preventive action, such as avoiding night driving or providing better contrast and better illumination.
The Contrast Sensitivity Test is made with the best of intentions. The intuitive and flawless design allows you to navigate easily through the application. The voice guidance is provided during the test so that you don't need to move your mobile device near or far to read the instructions but instead you can hear the nice voice guiding you through different steps and actions. The voice can easily be muted and unmuted.
In the test, you are given objects with low contrast. You should identify the object if possible. At the end of the test results will show whether you have normal contrast sensitivity or not for each eye separately.
More details about contrast sensitivity, visual acuity, eye examination tests and trainings as well as other eye related topics can be found in our news.eyeexamtest.com blog.
The Contrast Sensitivity Test is continuously under improvement so your feedback is appreciated!
- Take the most comfortable position to relax.
- Have a mild nature light and no glare on the phone screen.
- Place your phone approx. 50 cm/20 inches from your eyes.
- Cover one eye at a time with your hand.
- Try to identify the given object.
- Try to identify whether the object appears blurry or clear.
We highly recommend using our Eye Care Plus that allows to pass a more detailed eye examination as well as train your eye muscles for better vision.
This application is not intended to replace optician's regular full examination. We recommend you get a full eye test after using it.