7 PAGES OF ORGANIZED INFORMATION -each page can be accessed by tapping a page button on the main menu bar or by swiping. Pages include:
1. URGENT PAGE - this red page is the startup page. It features the pain scale and basic icons used in determining where and how bad a patient hurts and what his symptoms are. Very useful for EMTs, first responders, emergency room technicians, clinics, etc.
2. QUESTIONS PAGE - the icons on this green page represent questions any patient might ask about his healthcare.
3.PHYSICAL PAGE - icons featured on a blue background are representations of physical wants and needs like any hospital stay might produce or even daily life issues in rehab units, assisted living facilities and nursing homes. Scroll for more icons.
4. EMOTIONS PAGE - on a calm teal background this page depicts wants and needs of an emotional nature. It can be helpful in easing patient's distress. A 'call this number' icon brings you to a telephone number pad where one enters a number and HCA speaks it.
5.ICU PAGE - Red like the URGENT PAGE, the icons are larger for visual assistance. Icons focus on basic immediate needs with a mixture of appropriate questions.
6. PEDIATRIC PAGE - children are the target of this purple page. Other pages may be applicable to children, however, this page addresses some of their special wants and needs.
7. FOODS PAGE - this brown page highlights common foods, snacks and beverages. (Note: Because foods can be so vastly different from nation to nation, HCA allows for FOODS to be removed from the menu bar. See menu>preferences.
COMMON TERMS BUTTONS - on the second menu bar you'll find 8 buttons of common terms located on each side of the app. They are: yes/no, on/off, up/down, please/thanks. These buttons can be used by themselves or in concert with other icons. (Ex.) blanket - down - please - thanks.
Creative patients will use these for expression. (Ex.) ice cream - yes - yes - yes!
PAIN SCALE - find out where a patient hurts by having him tap a body part on the models. A 'click' and a 'marker' are left on that spot. Tap another spot on the scale of 0-10 to indicate one's level of pain.
TYPE TEXT - TYPE NUMBER - these buttons appear in the middle of the common terms bar on every page. Tap to access where one can type in words, press the speak icon and HCA speaks your phrase or number.
LANGUAGES - HCA's lead version supports only the English and Spanish languages.From menu>preferences a user is able to select the language of the app's text by tapping a supported language. Change the language of the app's voice by tapping the language you want the voice to speak in. It is possible to have the text set for one language and the voice set for another. This will be very useful in multi-lingual settings. (Note: supported languages will be added through updates that will arrive at your tablet for downloading. The order of added languages will be dictated by demand. Voice your opinion by email at: email@example.com).
The information in HCA has been compiled with the help of doctors, nurses, SLP's, OTs and caregivers of all kinds. To keep making improvements in the app, we ask for your contributions at the above email address. We will add the best of them in updates.
Produced by Mike and Joan Green of Greenhouse Publications
Illustrations by Linda Comerford
Programming by Per Liljesater
Graphic Design by Leslie Levine
Copyright 2012 Greenhouse Publications, PO Box 802742, Santa Clarita, CA 91380-2742. All rights reserved.
In loving memory of my father, Sheldon Datz.
The Westmead Hospital Trauma Clinical Algorithms have been developed, utilising evidence-based information, to enhance patient and clinical decision-making, improve efficiency in delivery of safe, standardised health care.
The algorithms presented are intended primarily for health professionals and the following audiences, specifically at Westmead Hospital, Sydney NSW Australia:
Physicians, nurses and other health care professionals
Health care administrators
OTHER AUDIENCES INCLUDING PATIENTS
If you are a patient and accessing these algorithms, you should understand that the information presented is designed for the use of the expert audiences, identified above. You should seek assistance from your health care professional in interpreting these materials and applying them in individual cases.
The algorithms are evidence-based processes that are intended to assist physician and patient decisions regarding the health care of trauma patients at Westmead Hospital. Although designed to standardise decision plans for trauma, the algorithms cannot address the unique needs of each patient or the combination of resources available to a particular community or health care professional. The algorithms are not entirely inclusive or exclusive of all methods of reasonable care that can result in the same outcome. Deviation from these algorithms may be justified by individual circumstances. The use of these algorithms outside Westmead Hospital must be applied based on individual patient requirements using expert, professional judgment.
The algorithms are for use specifically at Westmead Hospital, NSW, Australia. The creator and contributors to these algorithms do not assume any legal liability or responsibility for the use/application or resulting outcomes thereof these guidelines, both within or outside Westmead Hospital.
Westmead Hospital does not assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, and/or clinical efficacy of these algorithms.
SimpleRounds from Simple Medical Software Inc. is a new medical software used by physicians, hospitals, answering services, case managers, medical students and other healthcare professionals to improve communication and better manage their patients.
- secure text HIPAA-compliant messaging
- patient tagging
- subjects grouping
- photos and documents (pdf, doc, xls) transfers
- provides a list of the ICD 9 codes to add diagnoses
- updatable database of US hospitals
- all text and patient data is sent encrypted
- gives status for the read/priority messages
- provides integration with offices/answering services
• Create and manage patient appointments.
• Store patients demography.
• Create Case Sheet notes.
• Generate the prescription.
• Capture and store patient documents with device camera.
• Easy to retrieve patient details
• Simple, intuitive and easy to use app on the go.
This is useful for all doctors, physicians, surgeons, paramedics, clinics, medical students and medical professionals who need to managing and access their patient records while on the move.
We hope you find this app useful and we welcome your suggestions. We'll be frequently adding more useful features. Your feedback would be appreciate.
Email us or write your views and help us make SoftClinic® Mobile App better.
Like & Follow us at
Camera - to capture patient’s photos and previous documents, surgery pictures, etc.
Storage - to save File attachments like Patient Photos, captured documents and surgery pictures, etc.
Network Communication - need internet for registration and in-app purchase.
The journal has been at the forefront of medical education for over 45 years, publishing only the best and most authoritative clinical reviews, symposia, editorials and case reports available to doctors. All articles are concise, fully referenced, presented in an easy-to-read format and peer-reviewed by some of the world's leading international authorities.
BJHM covers all specialties in hospital medicine, making it essential reading for doctors of all grades who want to ensure that their practice is evidence-based and up-to-date.
The Core Training for Doctors section of the British Journal of Hospital Medicine (BJHM) provides clinical information in an easily accessible format to doctors in training. Articles cover Clinical skills for postgraduate examinations, What you need to know about, Tips from the shop floor or What they don't teach you in medical school.
Download the BJHM app for access to:
• Editorials giving topical comment on important issues within hospital medicine from some of the world's leading specialists
• The best clinical review articles available to hospital doctors, summarizing all the latest research findings
• Education and training update, covering practical training issues of concern to all hospital doctors, whatever their grade or specialty
• Case reports looking at unusual presentations and how they were resolved
• Quality improvement projects undertaken in hospitals which have demonstrated a sustainable change in practice
• BJHM is indexed on Medline and CINAHL. Let BJHM help you make the right decisions for the patients in your care.
What our members say about DoktorClub?
"I was following up foreign doctors-only platforms for years and admiring how physicians could get together. Finally we have the same opportunity in Turkey. I feel I'm missing something when I do not log in to the platform everyday. Hoping to meet all my colleagues in the platform someday."
Yrd. Doç. Dr. Ahmet GOKYAR - Neurosurgery, Amasya
"After graduation, I was proud to be in such a big community. However I started to feel alone over the past years as I worked in small cities in Turkey. As I was the only specialist in my hospital, I could not attend congresses and meetings either. Doktorclub gives me the opportunity to meet and connect with my colleagues now despite of long distances."
Uz.Dr. Ahmet BACANLI - Infectious Disease Specialist, Denizli
"I practice in a Family Health Center and I do not have the opportunity to consult a specialist as I'm not in a hospital. Thanks to Doktorclub, I can consult my colleagues online now. When I come to work everyday, I log in to the platform and wait for the first post of the day. The platform is very trustworthy as members are doctors-only. New members come in everyday and I can't wait to meet all of them."
Dr.Ilkay Yildiz - Family Medicine, Istanbul
"Being a dentist means spending most of the day in the clinic, trying to follow up medical developments along with the work load, and not being able to spare time for your family. These are common challenges for all doctors in fact, and only doctos can understand each other. Doktorclub provides us a platform to reach our colleagues, re-unite with our classmates, follow up new medical products, techniques and organizations.. Doktorclub is the biggest innovation for healthcare sector. Thank you !
Yrd.Doç.Dt Murat ICEN - Assistant Chief of Medicine, Zonguldak
"Being an academician is hard, you need to keep your skills and knowledge up-to-date all the time. I also need to follow up the social media because of my specialty. Bringing science and social media together effectively is quite hard but Doktorclub has done it well. We have been struggling within the proffession for years, speacialties and healthcare institutions are drawn apart. Doktorclub brings us closer now, I'm sure it will gather up all physicians in Turkey shortly as it's quite a proffessional, up-to-date and innovative platform. Thanks to the whole Doktorclub team that made this possible."
Yrd.Doç. Dr. Ridvan ÜNEY - Psychiatry, Istanbul
Connect with other doctors
* Your classmates, old colleagues, specialists are a click away ! Build your Doktorclub network and reach other doctors online.
Share social and proffessional information
* Post social and proffessional content in Doktorclub groups. R-There are plenty of groups focusing on many topics, from case studies to hobbies.
Local and global news on medicine and healthcare
* Access daily local and global news
Make use of sources of professional development
* Consult doctors from other specialties online. Ask for medical opinion or discuss case stuides.
Dear colleague, your opinion is valuable for us. Please email your comments and ideas to us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MedInsta is the answer of all these quires.
Features are just amazing some of which you may find in other Apps but Medinsta such a thing like All under one roof, as several services are being offered from single and a simple App:
Complete database of all doctors in an area-wise manner to help you identify locate and communicate with them.includes qualification,address ,contact numbers and most importantly hospital timings through out the day.
*DOCTOR HOME SERIVCES
Home visit by the nearby doctor ,on the click of a button in emergency or selective manner.planned to save precious time in emergencies and to help the less mobile patients ,saves the ordeal of shifting in odd hours.
A unique next generation technique to consult a doctor without physically meeting him .saves time both for the patient and the doctor.especially important the busy traveler or businessman.
Designed to get a direct appointment from a busy doctor ,helping to avoid long waiting hours in crowded clinics ,also planning privilege appointments for the umber class.
& many more are on the list to be launched soon.
Some use case examples:
- Critical Lab Result Notifications – Immediately receive LIS data in conjunction with important patient information directly on your Android phone
- Device Messaging – Easily send and receive personal or group messages and alerts
- Report Availability Alerts to Ordering Physicians
- Nurse Call Integration – Quickly receive alerts with relevant patient data from HIS/HER systems
- Staff Assignment – Effortlessly select hospital room and bed assignments directly from your mobile device
- STAT Order Notifications – Obtain order information automatically and instantaneously
Toc4Med® is being used by various health delivery models including managed care organizations, hospitals and physicians clinics nationwide. This service is a patent pending process provided by HappyDocs LLC.