The app consists of a trigger button and a navigation panel that shows up when the the trigger button is pressed. Both of them are able to fade off automatically when you do not need it. It can be easily placed anywhere along the four edges of device by dragging and dropping. Two locations are remembered for landscape and portrait orientations respectively.
For devices that have the traditional hardware keys, this app is used as replacement that allows you to easily access navigation controls wherever you want. For devices with soft keys in Android navigation bar, this app enables users to enjoy a full-screen display when the default Android navigation bar is hidden or disabled.
- Android 4.1.2 or above.
How to use it:
1) Download and install the app. No configuration is needed except Accessibility service needs to be enabled for the app;
2) Navigate to Settings, find Accessibility item in SYSTEM section and click it;
3) On the Accessibility setting page, click Handy Soft Keys item in SERVICES section;
4) Switch the toggle to ON to enable the service for the app;
5) Restart the device and the trigger button will show up on the middle of the right edge in the screen; it will fades off in seconds. Tap on the screen or rotate the device, it will appear again;
6) Click the trigger button, navigation buttons will show up just around your finger. You only need slicking your finger to a navigation button and release;
7) To change the location of the buttons, long press the trigger button until the device vibrates, you can drag the buttons wherever you want.
- The app does not include Menu/Option key.
How to uninstall the app:
This app can be easily uninstalled (removed) from your device completely by following steps:
1) Go to Settings;
2) Click Apps;
3) Locate Handy Soft Keys in the DOWNLOADED list and click it;
4) On the App info page, click "Uninstall" button and then select "OK", the app stops running and is removed.
virtual key, virtual button, soft button, mechanical key, hardware button, physical key, navigation bar
Ever felt that the default soft keys are too bulky? Or want to protect your Home hard button from wearing off? Then this app is just for you.
Presenting Floating Soft Keys.
This app makes use of pingpongboss's StandOut libraries to make small (and resizable) soft keys that you can drag anywhere across the screen. For devices with soft keys as default navigational controls, this app is most effective when used in combination with CyanogenMod's or ParanoidAndroid's expanded desktop mode.
The app has been tested to work properly on Nexus 4. If the app is not working on your device, let me know.
DISCLAIMER: Although the app isn't designed to harm and is safe as far as I can tell, if something happens to your phone due to this app / during the use of this app, please do not blame me. You can contact me for support and I'll try my best to help you, but my help will not include "monetary help". Use at your own risk.
- Resizable soft keys
- Adjustable spacing
- Adjustable transparency
- Movable, will stay on top of all windows (floating) thanks to pingpongboss's StandOut library
- Ability to lock (anchor) bar at a particular place
- Multiple app shortcuts in home long press action
- For Android 4.1+ added support for navbar inside the notification shade (especially useful for ParanoidAndroid Halo 2.0 users)
- Custom icon support added (For more info about custom icon themes, visit the XDA thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=43214543#post43214543)
- Back Button (Collapse soft keys on long press)
- Home Button (customizable action on long press)
- Power and Power-Long-Press (shows up if you long press home button)
- Volume control (+/-) (shows up if you long press home button)
- Menu Button (Show Recents on long press)
If you find any bugs or want to see more features, write an email to me rather than downrating the app.
You can check out the code on GitHub too: http://github.com/rhoadster91/FloatingSoftKeys
SoftKeys provides on screen virtual keys for some required keys for normal android functionality. It was created for devices lacking regular physical keys to provide input for the Home, Menu, Back, and Search buttons. SoftKeys can run as a home screen replacement or as an on-screen service hovering over all applications. It can also be used on devices where users may consider the physical keys fragile, such as the HTC HD2.
Designed originally for the Color Nook but also works on the Pandigital Novel, HTC HD2, etc
■ press the home button to return to the desktop
■ In any screen draggable to eliminate virtual keys icon
■ Click on any screen virtual keys icon, you can temporarily hide the virtual keys
■ Simply touch the screen anywhere, virtual buttons can be restored
■ Close icon to re-enter the program, press the return key to leave
The floating button and the navigation bar are displayed.
The home button and the notification bar can be displayed. The displayed button can be selected.
The button can move in long push.
The navigation bar cannot be used with the terminal(Galaxy, etc.) and Android4.4 without the navigation bars.
HTC One users: may not work on some stock rom releases.
The soft keys bar is also know as navigation bar.
★ Hide soft keys on demand anytime, anywhere (by pressing our floating "Down Button")
★ Move "Down Button" to your favorite location
★ Remember location for portrait and landscape mode
★ Customizable size and transparency
★ Display "Down Button" only for selected apps (floating on top of your screen)
★ Auto start on boot
★ Lock "Down Button" position
★ Ongoing hiding / fullscreen function *REQUIRE ROOT*
★ Auto-fullscreen list *REQUIRE ROOT*
*** 4.3+ user with ROOT: You can now download our "Notification Helper" app to hide, force clear, and recover notifications ***
1.0.84 Xiaomi fix
1.0.83 Allow fully transparent down button
1.0.82 Fix for 4.4
* Enforce ACCESS_SUPERUSER permission
* Update Icons for higher resolutions
* Fix for edge not found problem
* Fix for Nexus 5
* Other minor bug fixes
1.0.76 Auto unlock for force-fullscreen function [Kitkat/ #screen lock: Slide or None] (require DISABLE_KEYGUARD permission)
1.0.75 (Rooted devices only feature)
* Ongoing hiding / fullscreen function (Require SET_WALLPAPER permission)
* Auto-fullscreen list
1.0.71 Bug fix
1.0.70 Notification fix (4.3+)
1.0.69 Add +1 button, please recommend it to your friends. Thank!
1.0.66 Widget bug fix
1.0.65 On / Off switch for displaying "Down Button"
Popular supported devices: Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10, LG G2, Xperia, etc.
Night Mode module reduces the brightness of your screen to avoid eye pain and headache.
Softkey Terminator module can dim or disable your navigation bar. In a dark environment or at night, these softkey buttons are too bright.
Reduce the brightness of the screen
Dim or disable your navigation bar
Enable/disable night mode automatically
No need to root
KitKat support added!
- On Android 4.4 (KitKat) Hiding/showing stock navigation bar will trigger lock screen.
- Hide just navigation bar and keep notifications bar.
- Show Quick NavBar and click soft button with one simple swipe.
- Spoof Soft Keys - make Android think you still have soft keys and display Menu button in applications actions bar.
- Theme Quick NavBar - use any custom image for buttons.
- Adjust trigger size and position.
- Integrate with Gesture Control or Tasker using Shortcuts.
- Stock firmwares, CyanogenMod, Pac Rom and Paranoid Android supported.
- No modifications and no reboot required.
- Change trigger color and/or transparency.
- Disable trigger (and Quick NavBar) if you use other alternative.
JOIN Beta version community - https://plus.google.com/communities/115800359125266491041
Other full screen apps hide notifications bar too and has no option to hide just navigation bar. Hide Soft Keys is different - it only removes navigation bar and replaces it with Quick NavBar. You can always access stock notifications list and recent applications list.
• Swipe from edges or corners.
• Double tap on the status bar.
• Mouse or stylus (S Pen) is also supported.
• 'Home', 'Back' and 'Recent Apps' (no Root required).
• 'Menu', 'Power' and 'Screenshot' (Root required).
• Launch an application or a shortcut.
【Full Screen Toggle】
• Method 1: Go full screen with a new Immersive Mode, introduced in KitKat (no Root required).
• Method 2: Hide your soft keys, but keep the status bar visible (Root required).
• Method 3: Check if your ROM (CM, Paranoid...) supports full screen, and use it if possible.
Tags: GMD Gesture Control, Swipe Home Button, Button Savior, SwipePad
- Widgets: Easy access to preset brightness levels.
- Tasker/Locale Plug-in! Set brightness based on time/place/etc. To disable, configure for 100% brightness.
- Brightness slider uses logarithmic scale for fine-grained control.
- Drag the app icon to your desktop to use for toggling on/off.
- Prompts to confirm very low brightness settings.
- Option to disable soft-key backlight (does not work on all phones).
*** If you accidentally make your screen go BLACK ***
1. Pull your battery or (Nexus7) hold power button for 10 seconds
2. Uninstall the app to reset your bad brightness setting
3. Reinstall the app and use it normally again
This app will always be free! If you want to show your appreciation, please donate to Wikipedia on my behalf (and let me know you did):
Thank you! Email me if you have any other problems or questions I haven't mentioned.
does not require root permissions.
*** Please Please read ***
-> Simple Control [ON]
2. How to use
- Show : Please slide from the outside of display.
- Hide : Please slide to outside of display.
* Vertical screen(bottom_center side)
* Horizontal screen(Right_center side)
It give you more flexible settings. So you can change SwitchApps do what you want.
1. SwitchApps Application (Download it first)
1. Changeable action of 1-click.
2. Changeable action of double-click.
3. Changeable action of long-click.
5. Multitouch features and Soft Buttons feature can be enabled at the same time.
4. Changeable action of Swipe Left (Multitouch feature).
5. Changeable action of Swipe Right (Multitouch feature).
6. Changeable action of Swipe Down (Multitouch feature).
7. Changeable action of Swipe Up (Multitouch feature).
8. Auto light up bright option when screen turn on.
9. Hide SwitchApps icon when on fullscreen.
10. Show half of icon when idle.
Action list of 1-click, double-click and long-click
2. Recent Application
3. Favorite Application
5. Screen Off
6. Hide SwitchApps
7. Application Shortcut
Action list of multitouch features
2. Recent Application
3. Favorite Application
5. Screen Off
6. Previous Running Application
7. Next Running Application
8. SwitchApps Settings
9. Hide SwitchApps
10. Application Shortcut
Tips & Ticks
you can disable double-click action for better response time of 1-click.
SwitchApps, the next level of your multitasking experience on android operator device.
It will change your way of switching between apps easier and faster way.
Let’s forget about the old and various steps before you get to the other apps
1. Quickly switch between apps
2. Swipe to close app
3. Closing all apps by just one click
4. Double click icon to open favorite application menu and you can customize what you need
5. Quickly settings menu - WiFi, Mobile network, Bluetooth, Sound, Airplane mode, Screen brightness and Auto-rotation lock
6. Turn screen off
7. SwitchApps Icon Customization
1. Swipe left or right, quickly switch running applications.
2. Swipe down, quickly open SwitchApps settings.
3. Swipe up, quickly go home.
4. 2-finger long press, hide SwitchApps in notification bar.
Soft Buttons Feature:
It's designed to replace multitouch features for easy to use in a single hand. So, if you enable this feature, all of multitouch features except 2-finger long press will be disabled.
(enable/disable Soft Buttons feature from SwitchApps Settings)
1. Long press on the icon to quickly go home.
2. Double click icon to show Soft Buttons.
3. Press left or right arrow to quickly switch running applications.
4. Press screen off icon to turn screen off.
5. Press setting to open SwitchApps settings.
6. Press middle circle to directly go home.
1. Android 2.2+
How to uninstall?
In case of you allow SwitchApps to turn screen off, you can't uninstall it with normal step.
Just uninstall it through SwitchApps settings.
Please Note… the purpose of this app is to make you access to many apps in the simple “switching” system.
Don’t worry about the complicated step, because SwitchApps is just too simple to use.
Keywords & Tags: Task Switch, Task Switcher, Task Manager, App Switch, App Switcher, Virtual Button, Floating App, Easy Touch
-Dynamic detection for if your flash plugin is installed
-Enables you to load the files under SD card
-Full screen play
-Enables you to add your needed soft keys under the screen
-Enables you to drag the key to any position
System Requirements：Android platform upper 2.2, Adobe Flash Player Plugin for android installed， External Storage (SD card )Device needed.
Contact Info：firstname.lastname@example.org. (Mail me if you need any help or find any bugs)
Keywords: swf,flash,swf game,flash game,,swf games,flash games,flash player,
The paid version is avaiable now:
Please download the paid version to make this app better if you really like the app.
Thank you very much for your support!
More from developer
Imagine a situation where you have damaged your hardware keys and unable to navigate then this App might save your day.
This is the Ad-Free version of SoftKey Enabler.
- Android 4.0 +
- Busybox should be installed
Tested Working On :
- Galaxy S3
- Galaxy Note 2
- HTC One X
Apart from the tested devices, it should be able to run on any rooted device running on Android 4.0+.
If you have any feature request, suggestions or bug report then please drop a mail to email@example.com. We will try our best to resolve any issue or add add new feature.