NOTE: This app's predictions are only as good as the data the user inputs. Inaccurate data will skew the results in a way that causes inaccurate predictions.
Future updates will add additional functionality to the app, with planned automation of the data mining, as well as an expansion to other US cities
Recommended by Appgovideo.com (http://www.appgovideo.com/)"
Please leave feedback, comments, and suggestions on the Android Marketplace and our Facebook page! Like our Facebook page, and tell your friends they too can know when a snow day is coming with the Snow Day Calculator!
From spotty spring showers to severe lake effect snow storms, stay ahead of the weather with the Storm Team forecast, certified as Central New York’s most accurate by WeatheRate.
Track storms on LiveDoppler 9 and zoom in to your neighborhood with mobile interactive radar.
Free weather alerts let you know when severe weather is headed your way.
Check the latest school and business closings and delays anytime.
Share your weather photos and videos.
Interact with the Storm Team on Facebook and Twitter, and read the latest blog entries from our meteorologists.
Any season, any storm, the latest weather is at your fingertips with the Storm Team 9 app from NewsChannel 9: The Local Station.
In the NEWS10 app, you will find top local and regional news stories and videos of the day, in addition to national and international news stories, the NEWS10 Storm Tracker Forecast for your area, NEWS10 video on demand, local and regional sports, school closings and delays and more!
NEWS10 airs weekdays 5am, 6am, 12pm, 4pm, 5pm, 5:30pm, 6pm and 11pm. On the weekends NEWS10 is on at 6pm and 11pm.
Get the prediction power of the Snow Day Calculator in an App. Using just your zip code, David Sukhin's famous Snow Day Calculator will predict the chance of a snow day.
The Snow Day Calculator automatically pulls weather information from the National Weather Service and uses a carefully developed formula to give super accurate snow day predictions for your school! Predictions always use the most recent weather information and new predictions become available at noon each day.
What's your chance for a snow day tomorrow?
- Local and Wisconsin state news
- National news
- Live, streaming video
- StormCenter 2 24/7 channel
- Action 2 News video
(WiFi connection strongly recommended. Some phones require you to click the "full screen" arrows icon in the bottom right corner of the video player to work)
- StormCenter 2 forecasts
- Animated radar
- School Closings & Delays
- Sports, Health, Politics, and Entertainment news
- See what others are viewing with Most Popular stories & videos
- Follow WBAY on Facebook and Twitter
- Find things to do with our mobile-friendly Calendar of Events
- Enter to win prizes and earn points from the WBAY Prize Patrol
- Watch Birthday Club videos
- Job postings and more Inside WBAY
Snow Day Predictor will allow you get a much better sense of what your chances are of having no school due to winter weather.
The app allows for both automatic and manual calculations. In the automatic option you simply enter your zip code and the app will automatically display the likelihood of you having a Snow Day using real time weather data. You can also manual enter data about the upcoming to storm by selecting the dependent options. Once you’ve selected all the options the app will then calculate the likelihood of a Snow Day.
This app is tablet (7") and HD display friendly!
Any feedback or comments please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Get your own Snow Day calculator today!
Disclaimer: Automatic results are based on real weather data however, the algorithm is not infallible. There are many variables unrelated to weather which fall outside the scope of the app therefore individual results of both automatic and manual calculations will vary.
Special thanks to Aaron Mitchell of, http://mitchellaaron.com/, for the in app graphics.
Use this simple Snow Day Calculator to calculate the chance of a snow day happening! We do it better than the competition, including factors that an automated location search just can't.
We know there are so many factors contributing to a snow day, from the actual weather to human factors, such a hype. We take all of these into account when calculating using our special Snow Day Algorithm.
Our mobile application includes:
-Latest local news and videos
-Radar and weather forecast maps
-National and international news headlines
-Sports and entertainment
-Live streaming video 24/7
-School closings and delays
-Local events -Programming information
• Geo-located Weather
• Weather Central Interactive Radar
• Live Streaming Audio and Video
• Submit Photos and Videos
• Receive Alerts for Severe Weather, School Closings and More
• Share Content via E-mail, Text Message, and on Facebook and Twitter
• And More
* 15 Second Forecast: Do you have a busy life? Fred's 15 Second Forecast gives you a quick look at the weather and lets you keep the other 86,385 seconds of each day to yourself. Updated several times daily.
* Video Forecasts: With 14 years of broadcast television experience, meteorologist Fred Campagna knows how to deliver a clear, concise, and conversational forecast. Fred knows how the weather impacts your life and will explain a potential storm's impacts on travel, outdoor activities, and possible school/business closings.
* Interactive Radar: Updated radar on an interactive (pinch and zoom) map helps you keep an eye on thunderstorms in the summer and snow storms in the winter.
* Current Conditions: Updated weather information including temperature, dew point, wind speed, pressure, sky cover, sunrise/sunset, and moon phase for all the major observation sites in Southern New England.
* Futurecast: Right Weather computer projected forecasts for the entire United States.
* Hurricane Information: The latest news/forecasts from the National Hurricane Center on current and developing tropical systems.
* Severe Weather Alerts: Stay informed when dangerous weather threatens your area. Severe weather warnings from National Weather Service automatically delivered to the RightWX app as they are issued.
* Twitter/Facebook updates: Get the latest Tweets and posts from the Right Weather Twitter and Facebook accounts.
* Airport Status: Real-time airport status and delay information straight from the FAA.