Then look no further than the Irish Independent ePaper Edition. The ePaper contains all Irish news sections- including Sports, Entertainment, Health, Lifestyle, Travel and more, presented as full- content digital replicas, in their original layout.
Use this App to access your existing Irish Independent ePaper account. Then you can download any edition wherever you are.
Flip pages, pan and zoom in to view any page, article or photo in stunning clarity.
Read articles and view the photographs on the go. The App has been created so you can continue reading offline, even when your mobile signal is intermittent or not available.
Downloading the 150-plus stories that the Independent publishes on the App every day takes about a minute on a Wi-Fi connection and a few minutes on a normal mobile connection. Stories can be read whilst you are downloading.
• All the key articles from The Independent updated regularly throughout the day including UK and World News, Sport (including a strong Football section), Business, Opinion, Travel, Arts and Entertainment and Life & Style.
• Full article and picture download (including galleries), allowing offline browsing when fully downloaded. No frustrating waiting for links to pages when you don’t have a signal.
• Save articles to read later
• Share articles through email, Facebook and Twitter
* Breaking news and headlines from Ireland and across the world
* Get live updates about popular news stories and current affairs wherever you are
* Featured categories include Irish news, up to the minute Sports News, World news, Politicial Updates, Business News and Entertainment and Showbiz news, including soaps for RTE and other channels.
* Left side navigation, similar to other apps
* Navigation options from story to story (next and back function) plus font resizing options
* Share articles with your friends and followers on your social media websites via Twitter or Facebook or you can email an article to a friend
* View articles that are trending or most read to stay tuned into topical stories
* This app is completely free of charge
* Application works offline with stored content
Follow us on Twitter @breakingnewsie or like us on www.facebook.com/breakingnewsire to get the latest breaking news.
We would love to hear your feedback or suggestions directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following newspapers shows a part of default list :
- The Irish Times,
- Irish Examiner,
- Irish Daily Star,
- Irish Sun,
- Irish Daily Mirror,
- Mail Online,
- The Sun,
- Evening Echo,
- Sunday World,
- The Sunday Times,
* Search Newspaper Option : Desired newspaper can be found by searching.
* Add/Delete Newspaper Option : New newspaper can be added/deleted.
* Favorited Newspaper List Option : Registered newspapers can be enabled or disabled. If a newspaper is disabled, it will not be seen on the list. However, it can be enabled again.
* Refresh Option : Selected newspaper can be refreshed.
* Share Option : Selected newspaper can be shared on facebook, twitter, linkedin etc...
* Mobile or desktop mode : Newspaper can be read by choosing mobile or desktop mode.
Please feel free to contact us for any further information.
Read the online Irish Independent's articles with this easy to use app!
- You can set the sections you'd like to read in the Settings.
- Sections are colour-coded for easy navigation.
- Click on the Irish Independent sections header to see the first five article in that section - or click on the header to see all articles in that section.
- Click on the title of an article to read it in full.
- You can read your sections offline too.
Application is in beta version - if you'd like to add new functionality, or you'd like me to change something in it, please leave a comment!
Disclaimer: I don't have any connection to the Irish Independent; this app is not official.
Thanks a million for Gabor Tuba's (http://rnstp.com/) help!
Keywords: irish, independent, rss, article, read, reader
What they say about us?
* "Best Addition to Irish Media 2010" - Ian Dempsey, Today FM
* "Flawless Coverage" - Ryan Tubridy
* "The Future" - Mike Butcher, TechCrunch Europe
We've also won a lot of awards:
- "Best News Website" - Eircom Spiders 2011
- "Best Digital Editor - Susan Daly" - Eircom Spiders 2011
- "Overall Grand Prix Winner" - Eircom Spiders 2011
- "Best Online Only Publication" - Irish Web Awards 2011
- "Best Overall Website in Ireland" - Irish Web Awards 2011
- "Best Media/Publishing App" - The Appys 2011
- Breaking news and opinion from Ireland and around the web
- Offline reading
- Submit photos and video directly to our journalists from your phone
- View slideshows with high-res photography
- Make your voice heard by voting in our polls
- Watch embedded videos from youtube and videos submitted by our users
- Tweet articles directly from the app
- Share articles with your friends on facebook
- Email articles to friends
- Comment on the stories with your facebook or twitter account
- Search by article tag
- Ability to switch to our sister publications: TheScore, BusinessETC and TheDailyEdge
- Open any Journal links on twitter, facebook or email within the app
- Add widgets to your homescreen to get the latest news at a glance
Follow us at twitter.com/thejournal_ie or www.facebook.com/thejournal.ie to get the latest news
Please note: If the app is moved to the SD card, you will not be able to add widgets to the homescreen. If you already have the app installed on the SD card, simply move it across onto the phone and it should appear in the list of available widgets. A phone restart after moving the app may be required in some cases.
1. The Irish Times
4. Google News
6. Daily Mail
10. CNET News
- Adjust text fontsize
- Add news to your favorites for later reading.
- Choose day mood or night mood
- Offline reading.
- Share news to your friends
- Swipe to view previous or next news, no need to go back to news list view
- Please drop me an email for any bugs or improvment. I will reply within 3 hours. email@example.com
- You can email me to request adding a news resource.
- http://www.irishtimes.com (The Irish Times)
- http://www.independent.ie (Independent)
- http://breakingnews.ie (BreakingNews)
- http://news.google.ie/ (Google News)
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/ (BBC)
- http://www.dailymail.co.uk (Daily Mail)
- http://guardian.co.uk (Guardian)
- http://news.sky.com (SkyNews)
- http://www.skysports.com/ (SkySports)
- http://news.cnet.com (CNET News)
If you want to know more about me, you can visit my personal webistes: http://www.singxin.com http://www.ads711.com, http://www.shichengbbs.com, http://www.sgyuan.com, http://www.shichengeat.com, http://www.example8.com
N.B: To play news video, you have to install YouTube 4.2.16 or higher application on device.
i is the newspaper for today - an essential daily briefing from The Independent. Designed for 21st-century life, i edits the world for readers, and includes:
- The News Matrix: All the stories you need to know
- IQ: The best features, boldest ideas and coolest trends
- @i: Your chance to join the i conversation
- Britain's smartest TV guide
- Weather-i: Our unique UK weather service
- Critics' Choice: The daily guide to the best in culture
This is a free app download. Within the app users can purchase a subscription including a free trial.
Subscriptions start from the latest issue. A subscription is required to download an issue, however you can view a preview of the issues before subscribing.
Available subscriptions are:
1 month: £4.99
12 months: £44.99
-The subscription will renew automatically unless cancelled more than 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for the product.
-You may turn off the auto-renewal of subscriptions through Google Play Account settings, however you are not able to cancel the current subscription during its active period.
Users can register for/ login to an i Newspaper account in-app. This will protect their issues in the case of a lost device and allow browsing of purchases on multiple platforms. Existing i Newspaper users can retrieve their purchases by logging into their account.
We recommend loading the app for the first time in a wi-fi area.
If you have any problems at all please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Adjust font size
* Email Sharing
* Irish Independent
* Irish Times
* Irish Sun
* Irish Examiner
* Irish Daily Star
* Evening Herald
* An Phoblacht
* Athlone Advertiser
* Ballymena Times
* Sunday World
* Belfast Telegraph
* Daily Mirror