Then look no further than the Irish Independent ePaper Edition. The ePaper contains all Irish news sections- including Sports, Entertainment, Health, Lifestyle, Travel and more, presented as full- content digital replicas, in their original layout.
Use this App to access your existing Irish Independent ePaper account. Then you can download any edition wherever you are.
Flip pages, pan and zoom in to view any page, article or photo in stunning clarity.
Read articles and view the photographs on the go. The App has been created so you can continue reading offline, even when your mobile signal is intermittent or not available.
Downloading the 150-plus stories that the Independent publishes on the App every day takes about a minute on a Wi-Fi connection and a few minutes on a normal mobile connection. Stories can be read whilst you are downloading.
• All the key articles from The Independent updated regularly throughout the day including UK and World News, Sport (including a strong Football section), Business, Opinion, Travel, Arts and Entertainment and Life & Style.
• Full article and picture download (including galleries), allowing offline browsing when fully downloaded. No frustrating waiting for links to pages when you don’t have a signal.
• Save articles to read later
• Share articles through email, Facebook and Twitter
* Breaking news and headlines from Ireland and across the world
* Get live updates about popular news stories and current affairs wherever you are
* Featured categories include Irish news, up to the minute Sports News, World news, Politicial Updates, Business News and Entertainment and Showbiz news, including soaps for RTE and other channels.
* Left side navigation, similar to other apps
* Navigation options from story to story (next and back function) plus font resizing options
* Share articles with your friends and followers on your social media websites via Twitter or Facebook or you can email an article to a friend
* View articles that are trending or most read to stay tuned into topical stories
* This app is completely free of charge
* Application works offline with stored content
Follow us on Twitter @breakingnewsie or like us on www.facebook.com/breakingnewsire to get the latest breaking news.
We would love to hear your feedback or suggestions directly to email@example.com.
The following newspapers shows a part of default list :
- The Irish Times,
- Irish Examiner,
- Irish Daily Star,
- Irish Sun,
- Irish Daily Mirror,
- Mail Online,
- The Sun,
- Evening Echo,
- Sunday World,
- The Sunday Times,
* Search Newspaper Option : Desired newspaper can be found by searching.
* Add/Delete Newspaper Option : New newspaper can be added/deleted.
* Favorited Newspaper List Option : Registered newspapers can be enabled or disabled. If a newspaper is disabled, it will not be seen on the list. However, it can be enabled again.
* Refresh Option : Selected newspaper can be refreshed.
* Share Option : Selected newspaper can be shared on facebook, twitter, linkedin etc...
* Mobile or desktop mode : Newspaper can be read by choosing mobile or desktop mode.
Please feel free to contact us for any further information.
i is the newspaper for today - an essential daily briefing from The Independent. Designed for 21st-century life, i edits the world for readers, and includes:
- The News Matrix: All the stories you need to know
- IQ: The best features, boldest ideas and coolest trends
- @i: Your chance to join the i conversation
- Britain's smartest TV guide
- Weather-i: Our unique UK weather service
- Critics' Choice: The daily guide to the best in culture
This is a free app download. Within the app users can purchase a subscription including a free trial.
Subscriptions start from the latest issue. A subscription is required to download an issue, however you can view a preview of the issues before subscribing.
Available subscriptions are:
1 month: £4.99
12 months: £44.99
-The subscription will renew automatically unless cancelled more than 24 hours before the end of the current period. You will be charged for renewal within 24 hours of the end of the current period, for the same duration and at the current subscription rate for the product.
-You may turn off the auto-renewal of subscriptions through Google Play Account settings, however you are not able to cancel the current subscription during its active period.
Users can register for/ login to an i Newspaper account in-app. This will protect their issues in the case of a lost device and allow browsing of purchases on multiple platforms. Existing i Newspaper users can retrieve their purchases by logging into their account.
We recommend loading the app for the first time in a wi-fi area.
If you have any problems at all please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
What they say about us?
* "Best Addition to Irish Media 2010" - Ian Dempsey, Today FM
* "Flawless Coverage" - Ryan Tubridy
* "The Future" - Mike Butcher, TechCrunch Europe
We've also won a lot of awards:
- "Best News Website" - Eircom Spiders 2011
- "Best Digital Editor - Susan Daly" - Eircom Spiders 2011
- "Overall Grand Prix Winner" - Eircom Spiders 2011
- "Best Online Only Publication" - Irish Web Awards 2011
- "Best Overall Website in Ireland" - Irish Web Awards 2011
- "Best Media/Publishing App" - The Appys 2011
- Breaking news and opinion from Ireland and around the web
- Offline reading
- Submit photos and video directly to our journalists from your phone
- View slideshows with high-res photography
- Make your voice heard by voting in our polls
- Watch embedded videos from youtube and videos submitted by our users
- Tweet articles directly from the app
- Share articles with your friends on facebook
- Email articles to friends
- Comment on the stories with your facebook or twitter account
- Search by article tag
- Ability to switch to our sister publications: TheScore, BusinessETC and TheDailyEdge
- Open any Journal links on twitter, facebook or email within the app
- Add widgets to your homescreen to get the latest news at a glance
Follow us at twitter.com/thejournal_ie or www.facebook.com/thejournal.ie to get the latest news
Please note: If the app is moved to the SD card, you will not be able to add widgets to the homescreen. If you already have the app installed on the SD card, simply move it across onto the phone and it should appear in the list of available widgets. A phone restart after moving the app may be required in some cases.
Read the online Irish Independent's articles with this easy to use app!
- You can set the sections you'd like to read in the Settings.
- Sections are colour-coded for easy navigation.
- Click on the Irish Independent sections header to see the first five article in that section - or click on the header to see all articles in that section.
- Click on the title of an article to read it in full.
- You can read your sections offline too.
- Share the articles via email, Facebook, Google+ etc.
Application is in beta version - if you'd like to add new functionality, or you'd like me to change something in it, please leave a comment!
Disclaimer: I don't have any connection to the Irish Independent; this app is not official.
Thanks a million for Gabor Tuba's (http://rnstp.com/) help!
Keywords: irish, independent, rss, article, read, reader
For those of you wanting to follow your favorite financial blogs on your mobile, Off Stream News has some of the most popular financial blogs on the Internet including Zerohedge, MarketBeat WSJ, The Big Picture, Mises Institute, Testosterone Pit and the Economic Collapse Blog.
If you are a regular viewer of the most widely watched alternative news commentators on YouTube such as Max Keiser, Alex Jones, Doug Casey, Jim Rogers, Peter Schiff and Gerald Celente, then Off Stream News will allow you to keep updated with their latest releases.
Off Stream News also collects some of the most popular blogs and independent news stories from the precious metals industry. Whether you are a gold, silver or platinum bug, our app aggregates the most popular industry experts including Eric King from King World News, Turd Ferguson from the TF Metals Report, Mike Maloney from GoldSilver.com, Gold Price, Silver Doctors and many more.
Off Steam News has a very attractive and easy to use interface allowing you to see a preview image and title of each news story before reading.
For each article on Off Stream News you can view either a summary of the article or go to the sources website directly. When you click on the story, both are instantly ready to view.
For videos, Off Stream News will open your selected video in YouTube and once viewed you can easily navigate back to the app allowing you to choose your next video.
Found an interesting article? Sharing your favorite articles on Off Stream News via Email, Facebook and Twitter is a simple as two taps.
We welcome all feedback both positive and negative to our email at email@example.com. Do you have a favorite news source that you would like us to add to our app? Please contact us!
This application is provided free of charge with no guarantees express or implied. We are not responsible for published content. All logos, product and service names and trademarks are property of their respective owners. We do not control and cannot guarantee the relevance, timeliness or accuracy of these outside materials.
Similar apps Pulse and News Republic and Offline reader
Other contributing sources include: USA Watchdog (Greg Hunter), UKIP (Nigel Farage), Unconventional Finance, SGT Report, Chris Martenson, Stefan Molyneux, Jeff Rinse, Breaking the Set, Corbett Report, Hyper Report, Goldmoney.com, Brother John F, Silver Investor, Kitco News, Gregory Mannarino, Adam, Kokesh, David Icke, The Health Ranger, Future Money Trends, Altinvestor's Hangout, Why Gold & Silver, Naked Capitalism, Dealbreaker, Mish's Global Economic Analysis, Marc to Market, Washington Blog, The Daily Reckoning, The Reformed Broker, Nouriel Roubini's EconoMonitor, Pragmatic Capitalism, The Burning Platform, Dr. Housing Bubble, Liberty Blitz Kreig, Market Folly, David McWilliams, Against Crony Capitalism, Silver Doctors, Euro Pacific Metals, Bullion Desk.
Now, when you travel, you can easily access your favorite local content written by the people you know and trust. Your out-of-town relatives can see the photograph of your child that appeared in the The Independent Punk last week. And, if you move across the county, the country or even across the world, you’ll be able to keep up with your friends and neighbors in our area.
Here’s the best part: It’s free.
There’s no fee to download the app, and there is NO subscription fee to access a magazine. Consider this our gift to you for years of loyalty and patronage.
- You can see each edition of The Independent Punk exactly as it appears in print.
- The digital version will look just as it does when you pick up a hard copy. You won’t have to search to locate your favorite sections or columnists. You’ll be able to quickly and easily locate the information you depend on by simply scrolling through the pages.
- You won’t miss any advertisements either. Everything’s there, including inserted sales papers and special notices.
Yes, times are changing in the world of newspapers, and we want to ensure your hometown paper continues to meet your need for highly localized news and information.
Perhaps the publisher of one of the world’s largest newspapers said it best.
“Newspapers cannot be defined by the second word – paper. They’ve got to be defined by the first word – news.”
We agree, and we hope you do, too.
* Adjust font size
* Email Sharing
* Irish Independent
* Irish Times
* Irish Sun
* Irish Examiner
* Irish Daily Star
* Evening Herald
* An Phoblacht
* Athlone Advertiser
* Ballymena Times
* Sunday World
* Belfast Telegraph
* Daily Mirror
The news sources include: An Phoblacht, Examiner, Foinse, Irish Independent, Irish Times.
TSNR = TallSnail News Reader