★ Syncs with Feedly & Ridly
★ Simple, clean, clear and optimized user interface for both phones and tablets
★ Two reading layouts: Magazine and Classic
★ Two working modes: Online and Offline
★ Cache images for offline reading (optional)
★ 2-way synchronization
★ Auto update (default but optional)
★ Easy to view articles by feeds/tags
★ Mark all as read
★ Subscription management
★ Swipe left/right or using navigation buttons to view previous/next articles
★ Auto mobilize articles to view full content
★ Support both portrait and landscape mode
★ Multiple themes: Dark, Light, Gray, and Blue
★ Image gallery
★ Support listening Podcast feeds
★ Fully customizable: Appearance, Synchronization, Image, Notification...
NOTES: Please contact us by email for bugs report. If you have any idea/suggestion, please post it here: http://readerhd.uservoice.com
We will try all the best to give you a great experience when using our products. Thank you.
Keywords: Reader+, Reader Plus, Reader HD, rss, atom, feed, online, offline, reading, news, blogs, tablet, optimized
- Feedly http://feedly.com
- Feed Wrangler http://feedwrangler.net
- Feedbin http://feedbin.me
- Fever http://feedafever.com
"Press for Android is a news reader that actually cares about design" - The Verge
"Press is still the best for RSS on Android after moving to Feedly" - Android Central
"Press for Android is so good that it doesn’t need a fancy title" - Beautiful Pixels
We designed an app that we want to use and hopefully our attention to detail will be evident on every screen. Follow us on Twitter @25Squares.
- No ads
- Syncs with Feedly, Feed Wrangler, Feedbin, and Fever
- Light theme and dark theme
- Immersive mode when viewing articles (KitKat devices)
- One-tap saving to Pocket/Instapaper
- Offline image caching
- Offline reading support
- Background syncing (with notifications)
- Widgets (Lockscreen support for 4.2+)
- Readability integration
- Vertical or horizontal swiping to navigate articles
- Quickly mark articles as read/unread
- Mark articles as read while scrolling (toggle on/off in action bar)
- Clean reading environment
- Image zooming
- Change reading font style and size
- Article text alignment
- Share the articles you read or star them for later
- Open articles in the app or your default browser
- YouTube API support
- DashClock extension
- See the new swipe gestures in action: http://twentyfivesquares.com/blog/2013/12/18/press-1-5/
- Swipe quickly from left to right to mark article as read
- Swipe quickly from right to left to mark article as starred
- Swipe and pull article list rows to reveal quick actions
- When reading an article:
- Double-tap an image to get a closer look
- Double-tap anywhere else to mobilize the article
- Tap the article title to read it in the browser
Please email us if you have any questions or problems. For ideas on how we can make the app better, check out our UserVoice page (https://twentyfivesquares.uservoice.com/) and let us know.
Help us translate Press into different languages! http://crowdin.net/project/press
*Formerly a Google Reader client
You tailor feedly to your tastes by creating a collection of the sites you love to read - blogs, magazines, journals, and more.
Feedly is an RSS news reader re-imagined for android phones and tablets. It makes browsing faster and more fun: the content of your rss feeds, news sites and blogs are transformed into pocket-sized cards which load very fast and are easy to browse.
The feedly UI is custom tailored for a 4" phone, a 7" tablet and a 10" tablet. If you run feedly on a tablet, you will get an experience which is very close to a personalized magazine: a really fun way to track and read your favorite blogs.
When you run feedly on a phone and on a tablet, the configuration will automatically syncs between both devices.
Feedly makes sharing content on twitter, facebook and google+ very simple, either directly or using Buffer. Feedly also integrates with Pocket, Instapaper and Evernote.
more on http://greader.co
* The Old Reader: To use The Old Reader you need to create a mobile login in TOR settings
* Instapaper server for mobilizer seems to have an issue.
* Please let us know of any issues you encounter via email.
* If you still get ads: Clear the cache of the market and check the license in gReader again (Menu->More->Check License)
* Read the FAQ before commenting: http://greader.co/faq
* You want to suggest new features or report issues, use the Feedback button.
* Localization If you are interested in translating gReader to other languages, visit http://crowdin.net/project/greader/
* Beta: http://greader.co/beta
* Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.noinnion.android.greader.readerpro
* Feedly Cloud: Feedly Cloud is a new way to browse the content of your favorite sites.
* The Old Reader: The Old Reader is a simple, web-based RSS reader with lots of great sharing features.
* RSS Reader: Use gReader without any online services. All data are saved locally.
* Support developers
* Ad free version
* Better Widgets (Ticker)
* Downloading Podcasts
* Synchronization: Use gReader at home, at your office, or anywhere you go and keep your feeds, tags and shared items synched in one place.
* 2-Way Sync: Synchronize your read items between gReader and Google Reader. Keep your articles up-to-date
* Auto synchronization
* User Interface: Simple, fast and intuitive
* Tablet optimized: Read your news more comfortable on a tablet
* Themes: Light, Black and Dark
* Night Mode: Read your articles with white font on black background. Save battery and increase readability in the night.
* Offline Reading with full article content without internet connection.
* Mark read on scroll
* Podcast support (streaming)
* Voice-Reading (Text-To-Speech)
* Folders / Tags support
* Share articles via Email, Facebook, Twitter, ...
* Services: Translation, Mobilizer (Google, Instapaper, Readability)
* Save to Pocket (Read it later) / Instapaper / Readability
* Search feature: Search and filter keywords, save search results
* Sort: by newest, by oldest, by feed
* Quick and Swipe actions: faster access to useful functions
* Rich article list (snippet and thumbnail)
* Widget: Icon widget with unread badge
* Easy Reading: Reading mode view, inverse webpage color
* Fullscreen mode: Enlarge your reading space
* Recommended items / sources
* HTTPS connection: Use Http Secure to get your feeds
* Backup/Restore: Backup/Restore your preferences
Try it yourself and build your own opinion.
* GET_ACCOUNTS, USE_CREDENTIALS: Allows access to the list of accounts for quick login.
* READ_LOGS: Used for feedback feature. Users could send logs to developer for identifying issues.
The App is unter AGPLV3 license terms. It is free and the source code is available under:
You can download the app for free from the GitHub Repo but there you're not recieving automatically updates.
If you would like to support the developer, you can buy the app.
The ownCloud News Reader App makes it possible to synchronize feeds between Android and the ownCloud News App.
- Offline reading
- Cache images offline
- Background synchronization
- Customizable Listview
- Mark as read while scrolling
- Dark/Light Theme
- Customizable font
To improve the app please report Bugs and Feature Requests on
Keywords: ownCloud, Feeds, Rss, Sync, News
Support all kind of news and blog formats (including not limited to RSS, ATOM, Podcast)
Offers advanced, cutting-edge capabilities, including the most comprehensive podcasting support available today.
Support downloads Podcast for offline playback
Support download full article (mobilize) for offline reading
Add your own news source and choose from predefined feeds and podcasts
Easy Search: You can search for a news source by simple keywords
Integration with Google Reader: Import all your RSS feeds from Google Reader into RssDemon is easy
Import/Export from and to OPML: You can easily import feed from OPML and Export through backup
View article comments/image
Full application Backup / Restore (all settings, feeds and articles)
Highly customizable UI and support multiple theme colors with both dark and light background (
Smart notification to alert user when new article become available
Easy share: Share feed article and news on many sources. Sharing it via Facebook, Twitter and Email is easy (Requires Facebook and Twitter Android app installed)
Easy sorting: User can define Sort Article by Unread/Read First, Date ASC/DESC and Title
User can create news shortcut on desktop
User can choose to use SDCard for cache storage and even move application to sdcard (app2sdcard)
Feed grouping: With feed grouping, user cans easily categorize and locate feed; user can switch between Group View and Flat View
Hide unread: Don't like to see unread feed or article, this option make it easy to navigate
Offline reading: RssDemon download and cache article and image locally for easy offline reading.
Automatic download for new article: User can also choose to download mobilize article and podcast automatically by application for any new article/podcast
HTTP-Auth/Password: for protected feed, user now can enter a http auth and password
✔ Double-Tap for instant word meaning
✔ Offline News
✔ Offline Dictionary
✔ Ad-free, faster & smoother
✔ Light and dark themes
✔ Get news from your favourite sites in your favourite language
✔ A Full fledged news reader app like Google Currents, Feedly and Pulse
✔ Double-Tap on a word and lookup in wikipedia
✔ Double-Tap and select multiple lines to translate into another language
✔ RSS feed reader with import and export options
✔ Offline Dictionary support for many popular languages
- Add news channel using OPML file or from suggest list
- The suggest list have hundreds of best/hottest news/blogs, you can choose as many as you want.
- Update all news channel in one single click
- Offline read news
- Navigate channel/news using Volume button.
- Use like and dislike button to reorder news channel
- Share News / Article full content via Email/Bluetooth/Note
- In Chinese version there are special buttons can easily share news channel and article to Sina WeiBo.
Currently News Waver (newswaver.com) is providing service officially for several countries including Australia, Canada, France, India, Korea, New Zealand, Pakistan, Portugal, U.K., U.S., etc.
- Top news items are emphasized by red background color.
You will easy to distinguish what news articles are worth reading.
- You can read and leave comments at each article groups.
You can also connect your Facebook, Twitter account to share your comments directly.
- Provides many news publisher links.
=== U.S. ===
Dallas Morning News
Detroit Free Press
Los Angeles Times
New York Daily News
=== Canada ===
=== U.K. ===
=== Australia ===
=== New Zealand ===
National Business Review
New Zealand Herald
=== India ===
=== Pakistan ===
Supported countries, newspaper publishers, and broadcasting companies are going to be expanded.
- Read the latest news
- Articles are formatted for small screens
- Share articles by email, Facebook, Twitter and more...
- Sync with Google Reader
- 1000+ built-in RSS feeds
It DOES NOT synchronize with any online feed reader yet, if you need synchronization this app is not for you.
- easily add new feeds thanks to the finders or subscribe to a new one from the browser via the share feature
- offline reading including images
- import/export the feed list from OPML
- retrieve the full text of the feed when the content is truncated
- star your favorite entries
- search into your articles
- filter your feed by keywords or regular expressions
- custom widget
More to come with the next version.
Feedly users: you can export your feeds to OPML at this address (http://cloud.feedly.com/#opml) and then import them into FeedEx News Reader.
GitHub project: https://github.com/HoloAddict/FeedEx
Paperboy also support Feedly pro features. Feedly pro search is automatically enabled if u are already a pro user.
@Developer : Before you rate the app, please use the feedback option within the app or google plus community ( https://plus.google.com/communities/109047715464024450032 ) to let me know of any issues that you face. I'll put in a fix asap.Thanks in advance
Heres what AndroidCentral.com had to say about Paperboy
" It was hard to find any issues with PaperBoy's UI, usability or content delivery. The app provides a simple way to browse the top headlines from your favorite news sources, and -- probably best of all -- doesn't get caught up trying to offer too much. The app is free in the Play Store, so it's hard not to recommend that you go give it a try. "
[ http://www.androidcentral.com/paperboy-quick-and-casual-news-reading ]
- No ads
- Offline reading support
- Offline image cache
- Magazine mode
- Muzei support
- Recommendations based on reading patterns
- Share the articles you read or star them for later
- Immersive reading experience for all devices
- Article readout
- Quick access article sidebar
- Decluttered reading experience
- Background syncing with quite hours
- Rich notifications
- Automatic night mode
- Categorisation of feeds
- Automatic layout optimisation
- Pocket Integration
- Right swipe for mark as read
- Left swipe for mark as read later
- Mark as read on scroll .
- Immersive reading mode for Kitkat devices
- Haptic feedback.
- Evernote integration
- image downloader
KW: Paperboy, Feedly , reader , news, newspaper
- No AD.
- Offline Reading with pictures and full text.
- Simple UI.
- Custom feeds you want to sync
- Support star & tag
- Support one key save to Pocket (Read it later), Instapaper, Readability, Evernote.
- Support swipe left and right in article list page.
- Offline reading(with pictures and full text)
- Automatic synchronization
- Instant state sync
- Read-friendly UI(uniform font, color, format of page)
- Built-in Picture Viewer
- Themes: light, dark and night
- Unread count widget.
- Volume buttons navigation
- Send to Email, SMS and social services through installed apps
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS:
Q:How to see one feed only, not whole category?
A:Click arrow icon, it will show all feeds.
Internationalization is a difficult thing for a single developer. If you like this app and want a localized it, more convenient to use, please contact me. Mail : email@example.com
Sync your feeds once and read even when offline. Thoughtfully designed to deliver the best reading experience. Widgets let you get the latest news right on your homescreen. And it's optimized for tablet reading.
Supports Feedly, Feedbin, Bazqux, and FeedHQ
The press says
"What sets Amber apart from the pack is beauty and functionality."
"One of the most beautiful new apps of 2014."
fullscreen reading mode
light + dark themes
three fully customizable widgets
offline reading and image caching
flawlessly smooth scrolling
font options, sizes, and settings
expandable news notifications in the status bar (4.2+)
save and share articles with one tap
search for new feeds
in-app image galleries
article navigation while reading
swipe to mark articles as read
Report a bug or tell us how much you love us. Reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @reindeercrafts.
More from developer
NEW: Sync your recipes across multiple devices and share instantly with your brewing buddies. (Menu->Sync, Menu->Help for more info)
* Timer runs in background with ongoing notification for easy access
* Fully editable ingredient database
* Complete BJCP style reference database
* Supports Metric and US units (Press Menu->Convert... on the recipe editing screen)
* Calculates OG, IBU, color, estimated ABV and FG
* Adjustable per recipe: brewhouse efficiency, batch size, boil volume, recipe type (extract, partial mash or all grain)
* Share recipes with NFC simply by touching 2 phones or via cloud push notification
* File format compatible with QBrew (free software for PC)
* Supports late extract additions and boil volume corrections for more accurate IBU estimation
Easy to use and create your own custom schedule. Pre-cofigured for a standard work schedule.
v1.1 - If in-call, OFF is delayed until the call is completed