IMS mobile app enables public to pay tribute to loved ones anytime and anywhere.
Family members and friends may create a webpage at the Internet Memorial Service (www.memorial.gov.hk) for a deceased person who met any one of the following conditions:
• cremation at public crematoria
• scattering of cremains in Gardens of Remembrance of the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department or designated Hong Kong waters
• keeping of cremains in public columbaria
• burial at public cemeteries
• the deceased was a Hong Kong resident and whose body or cremated ashes was/were interred or kept in a Hong Kong private cemetery or private columbarium
• burial at the Gallant Garden or Tribute Garden
• keeping of cremains at temporary storage facilities of the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department.
Upon input of basic information, you can create memorial webpage for the deceased
person. You can self-design or select a thematic design layout, write the deceased’s
life story, upload photos and videos, and set up various features.
The general public can simply enter the name of the deceased person to search and browse the public memorial webpages and post condolence messages.
The computer system of the Food and Environmental Hygiene Department will verify the information of the deceased who was interred or kept in a Hong Kong private
cemetery or private columbarium. If the information cannot be verified, the applicant may have to submit documentary proof. The application will then be handled by designated staff separately.