What is FieldKit?
FieldKit is three things:
1. Easy to use, low-cost hardware for environmental sensing
• Accurate environmental sensors can be expensive, and complicated to operate. FieldKit stations are built to be easily deployed, and our mobile app makes configuration and maintenance simple.
2. A platform for managing, analyzing and sharing data about the world around you
• FieldKit isn’t just about data collection. Our platform lets you quickly and easily visualize station data, discover trends and patterns, and share your findings with anyone. We make it easy to download your data in a variety of useful formats, so that FieldKit can play nicely with your existing tools.
3. A community of environmental care, using data to document change and work for a better future
• Data works better together. FieldKit is dedicated to supporting a strong community of users and developers, building both local and global connections. On the FieldKit platform, you can engage in discussions with scientists, educators, tech experts and curious individuals – all working to better understand and advocate for the world around them.
Use the FieldKit app to:
• Interface with your FieldKit hardware to change settings and monitor the status of your sensors
• Set custom data collection schedules, modify network settings, and manage your sensor fleet
• Download readings collected by your FieldKit sensors and view sensor data in real time
• Upload readings and data to the FieldKit portal for in-depth analysis