The most comprehensive all-in-one intelligent offline map and field guide app for the Kruger Park.
Switch on your device GPS to locate yourself on the map, tap on the map to retrieve nearby information.
It also include features never done before for any Kruger National Park map namely Fieldnotes (location specific nature information ) and place name meanings, historical sites and notes, sightings, sightings statistics and field guides for a variety of wildlife.
This app is a general purpose app for tourists having a combination of map and general wildlife information.Features:
1. Photo and sound guide with 929 photos of 718 species (68 mammals, 346 birds, 180 plants, 33 reptiles, 14 frogs, and 49 insects).
2. Map – offline, interactive –click on map or map icons for info, use GPS to locate
yourself on the map.
3. Interesting location aware content (Field notes)
4. Historical sites and notes
5. Place name meanings (What is the name meaning of a place)
6. Long term sighting summary (For every kilometer of road we have counted the
number of lion, leopard, cheetah, buffalo and wild dog sightings since 2013
reported in public.)
7. Aged daily sightings
8. Lion pride map
9. Unique clever species search / identification tool
10. Sounds or noises made by some animals, birds, frogs or insects - 119 sounds
11. Sightings checklisting
12. Tap on map to see what is nearby
13. Long term actual observations map for each species – not just a general distribution
14. Kruger places info - just tap on icon to get distance info.
15. For each species in app there is information on their feeding, behavior, required
habitat, conservation notes, family notes and other field notes, actual observations
map, etc. Also tap on images to get a better view of a species.
Keep a link to the Kruger National Park FieldApp Facebook page
for updates and news in regards of this app.