The one medical criterion for using this method effectively is that you should have cycles between 26 and 32 days long**. Most women do, but not all. If you are unsure if your cycle is in this range, the iCycleBeads app can be used to track your cycle lengths and will let you know if your cycles are in this range.
Millions of women around the world have used this method as birth control, to plan pregnancies, or just to better understand their cycles.
To use iCycleBeads, simply input the date your most recent period started. The app immediately lets you know what day of your cycle you are on, whether it is a potentially fertile day or an infertile day, and when your fertile days will occur this cycle, all based on the Standard Days Method. You can use this information to either plan pregnancy, avoid pregnancy, or just to track. This information is provided in both a calendar format and in a visual representation of Cycle Beads.
Key features include:
• A visual representations of your cycle based on the start date of your period in both calendar and CycleBeads formats
• Customizable alerts notifying you when you are on your fertile days, when your fertile window is ending, and when you are likely to start your next period
• Alerts reminding you to input your period start date or when you had a cycle outside the range of 26-32 days long
• A notes feature which allows you to track key information that you may want to discuss with your health provider
• Ongoing cycle data history so you can see the start dates of your previous cycles, the length of each cycle, and whether that cycle was in the range for using this method effectively.
For more information on the research behind this family planning method, see the efficacy report published in “Contraception” at:
Check out this video with women describing their experiences using this family planning method here: http://youtu.be/e5y-U5NQ3Nc
A portion of the proceeds from sales of all CycleBeads products including the iCycleBeads app, supports research to expand family planning options around the world, and help people make informed choices about their reproductive health.
We update iCycleBeads regularly. Please send us any feedback or requests for improvements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
iCycleBeads is protected under patent.
iCycleBeads is based on a modern calendar-based family planning method and is different than “the rhythm method”. The rhythm method is vaguely understood, not well defined, confusing to use, and largely untested. On the contrary, iCycleBeads is based on a family planning method that is thoroughly researched, clearly defined, easy to use, easy to teach, and highly effective. According to efficacy information provided in the medical guidebook “Contraceptive Technology”, the Standard Days Method, the method on which CycleBeads is based, is as effective or more effective, than other commonly used non-hormonal user-directed methods (e.g. condoms) and is the most effective natural family planning option available in terms of typical use.
* Arevalo M. et al., Contraception, 2002;65;333-338.
** According to data from the World Health Organization and analyzed by researchers at Georgetown University, approximately 80% of cycles are in the 26-32 day range. If you aren't sure if your cycles are in this range, the iCycleBeads app can be used to track your cycles.
First and foremost - NO App can protect you against HIV and STDs. Information and education (and a condom) however - can. Your sexual health is your responsibility, take care of yourself. PlaySafe provides you and your partner the information you need to make safer choices.
The CareXO Foundation (CareXO.com)/PlaySafe is committed to the security of your health data, and maintains HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) standards that go far beyond what is required of a standard membership site in protecting your personal information. We hold ourselves to the same standards used by your doctor or insurance company in storing your personal information.
PlaySafe™ maintains your privacy while protecting your status and sexual health by providing you with a tool to make the right decisions. It works in 3 easy steps:
1) Go to CareXO.com and create a profile (read the terms and privacy info). Choose the sexual health tests (HIV/STD) that you want to take. Optionally you may print the release and consent forms to take with you to the test site (Test Result Form).
2) Get Tested! The test center must sign and validate your forms as proof of your verified results. Ask the organization to fax the results (or take a photo of the form from the app) and send them to CareXO.com. (They will be verified for accuracy)
3) Download the PlaySafe™ app from the Android and ITunes store.
That’s all! Once verified your results will be posted to your profile. It is safe, private and secure. Nobody can see it, unless you choose to un-hide, share by using your unique personal CareXO ID# or profile hyperlink.
Know your status and protect it.
Proceeds from sale of PlaySafe™ help fund community prevention efforts and free services
©2013 The CareXO Foundation