This application is designed for quickly generating bushfire maps. It is based on the popular iOS version of FireMapper.
This version contains bush firefighting symbols that are commonly used in Australia, USA & Canada with support for:
* National All Hazards Symbology Set
* USA Interagency Wildfire Point Symbols
* NZIC Symbols
You can record lines using the internal GPS. A warning is displayed if the device is using a network derived location. FireMapper will only use the GPS in the background if you have a recording in progress.
Quickly draw lines on the map using your finger. Line types include:
- active/inactive fire
- proposed/completed control lines
- proposed/completed backburns
-Latitude/Longitude (Decimal Degrees and Degree Minutes/Aviation)
- UTM Coordinates
- 1:25 000, 1:50 000 & 1:100 000 map sheet references
- UBD Map References (Sydney, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth)
- search for locations using different coordinate formats (4 figure, 6 figure, 14 figure, lat/lng, utm and more)
Maps can be created offline without an internet connection. Map layers are cached for offline support
MULTIPLE MAP LAYERS:
- Australian Topographic
- New Zealand Topographic
- United States Topographic
MAP EXPORT FORMATS
Multiple points can be drawn on the map and exported in the same email. The map data can be exported as:
* GPX (suitable for ArcGIS, MapDesk and other popular GIS products)
* KML (suitable for Google Maps & Google Earth)
* CSV (suitable for Microsoft Excel & Google Spreadsheets)
* JPG (suitable for viewing and printing) - optional map legend and grid lines
GOOGLE DRIVE & DROPBOX SUPPORT
You can now share maps via Email, Google Drive, Dropbox and other file sharing apps.
1. Create a map with FireMapper
2. Click the 'Send Map As..' button and select 'Google Drive' & kml format.
3. Share your map on Google Drive (users can view map on Google Maps).