What does “public beta" mean?
It means we need your help in discovering bugs within the app. Please report any issues via the “About” screen “Contact Us" with the device type and operating system version.
Thank you in advance for helping improve the app experience.
The Internet is forever. Your private communications don´t need to be.
Leave No Trace by sending self-destructing messages for free to other Wickr users anywhere in the world.
Send and receive text, photos, videos and voice messages that are:
- CONTROLLED - sender decides who sees what, where and for how long
- SECURE - military-grade encryption (AES256,ECDH521,RSA4096 TLS), we do not have the keys
- PRIVATE - not shared with strangers, deletes metadata (location, time, identification and edits)
- ANONYMOUS - we require no personal info from you, we collect nothing about you or what you do
- SHREDDED - Secure File Shredder forensically erases unwanted files you deleted from your device
- COMPLIANT - FIPS 140-2, HIPAA, exceeds NSA Suite B Compliancy (Compliance for Top Secret communication)
- TRUSTED - featured in BusinessWeek, CNET, Economist, Forbes, MacWorld and New York Times
- EASY - takes less than a minute to get started, easier than email
- FREE - save money on texting
- CROSS PLATFORM: Message with Android and iDevice users (iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5S, 5C, iPod Touch 4, 5, iPAD, iPAD2, iPAD3 and newer devices)
Wickr was founded in San Francisco, California by a team of security and privacy experts that believe private communications is a universal human right that is extremely important to a free society. Today, that right is almost nonexistent.
Wickr flips messaging on its head, giving control to the sender instead of the receiver (or servers in between).
Wickr is becoming the most trusted communication system in the world by giving power to the people.
Wickr uses AES256 to protect data and ECDH521 for the key exchange. RSA4096 is also used as a backup and for legacy app versions. Wickr also uses SHA256 for hashing and Transport Layer Security (TLS). Encryption keys are used only once then destroyed by the sender’s phone.
Each message is encrypted with its own unique key and no two users can have the same AES256 or ECDH521 keys ever. Our servers do not have the decryption keys, only the intended recipient(s) on the intended devices can decrypt the messages.
We have made this app with the best available technology, but strongly encourage you only to send private messages to people you trust.
To get further detail about how the app works, please visit the App link on our website at https://www.mywickr.com.
Feedback and reviews are much appreciated: AndroidSupport@mywickr.com
Encrypted IM, Secure SMS, Secure MMS, Secure Voicemail, Secure Video Mail, Forensic Delete, Forensic Wipe, Self-Destructing, Anonymous, Secure BYOD, Cross-platform messaging, free international sms, free text, free audio messaging, free video messaging, free walkie-talkie, compliant sms, android, iphone, no international charges, WIFI, 3G, 4G, NSA surveillance proof, HIPAA, FIPS140-2, NSA Suite B, personal, business, friends, doctors, lawyers, schools, corporation, military, government, ephemeral communication, secure family, no hidden charges, free, block list, white list, spam free, ad free, social networking, secure social network, private social network, world post office
Submit your secrets & if they meet submission guidelines, they'll be posted within 48 hours.
Contact Five Secrets via "Submit Here" link @ the bottom of each secret page.
More from developer
- EXCLUSIONS! For each participant, configure any number of people that should be excluded from the draw pool (like the person's spouse, or the person they got last year).
- Add Non-Contact Names! Add participants without using a cell phone or email contact. Their names will be included in the draw, and you can view their result instantly on your phone.
- Set gift price range! You can now specify the minimum and maximum price for the gifts, and this information can be included in the invitation message. Which leads us to...
- Customize the invitation message! Edit the text message or email the participants will receive, using special tags to substitute information about the party!
- Unlimited parties! Create as many groups as you want (free version is limited to 2)
- NO ADS!
Forget having to arrange to meet in person to draw names from a hat. Now you can organize your Secret Santa or any gift swap right from your Android phone with Shh! Secret Santa!
- Select participants from your contacts, or enter names manually
- Customize the invitation message, complete with gift price range
- Exclude certain people (spouse, etc) from being assigned to any participant
- Randomly assign Santas
- Notify contact participants via text message or email (manual entries view their result right on your phone -- no cheating!)
- Unlimited parties, unlimited participants!