• Add email or SMS contacts from your phone
• Add any name-only entries, who can reveal their assignment on your phone
• Define restrictions for people who would prefer to not draw each other (couples, siblings etc)
• Randomly assign Secret Santas
• Send out the assignments
• Sent assignments are hidden from your SMS conversation history
• Include a message to be sent with the assignments
• Edit a member's name, contact details or way of notifying them at any time. Perhaps to update an old email address or to change the name from "Mom" to a more specific name
• Resend assignments at any time; perhaps as a reminder or to retry if something goes wrong
• Rename and delete groups
Tip: Failing to send SMS notifications in bulk? We suggest reselecting the affected members, perhaps one or two at a time and notifying them again.
Peter and Melissa from Many Object and Code.
If you liked it, we like nice reviews :-)
With best wishes for a magical Christmas!
Open Secret Santa is distributed completely on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
After adding participants to the event you can select the menu option to draw.
Participants can be notified by sms or email.
If you are a participant of the event you can send sms directly to not reveal santas to you.
Make sure the option "Reveal Santas after Draw" is disabled. Using menu option "Send SMS directly" a sms to all participants with a mobile number will be sent.
Use context menu option "Send Notification" to send sms or email using your preferred app and edit the message text.
In the participants list a telephone symbol is shown if you already sent a notification by sms. An email notification will be shown with a letter symbol.
It is not important that your participants have an Android device, as long as they have internet access, they can use the same application to a browser. Informations about your exchange and participants are centralized on a site in the same way that Facebook would with its mobile app and website.
Creating a group is very simple, you enter the names of the participants with their email address and voila. From the moment, you just apply to your criteria for drawing and you're ready to launch the invitation. An email invitation on your behalf is sent to all members of the group formed. You do not have to worry about access to the member site, the application does the rest. Participants will then be invited to join the group using their browser or via their Android device. They will have to create a wish list that can be accessed by other members of the group at any time (handy when shopping for gifts).
When you think it is necessary, you will eventually start draw. To ensure that there are no leaks, no participants will receive draw results by email. It will only be possible to find out when connecting to the group via android device or web site.
The application is designed to be used year after year, you do not need to recreate user accounts and more, so you can prevent that someone do not draw the same person two years in a row, guaranteeing you a draw different from year to the next.
Exchange virtual gifts, a must!
- EXCLUSIONS! For each participant, configure any number of people that should be excluded from the draw pool (like the person's spouse, or the person they got last year).
- Add Non-Contact Names! Add participants without using a cell phone or email contact. Their names will be included in the draw, and you can view their result instantly on your phone.
- Set gift price range! You can now specify the minimum and maximum price for the gifts, and this information can be included in the invitation message. Which leads us to...
- Customize the invitation message! Edit the text message or email the participants will receive, using special tags to substitute information about the party!
- Unlimited parties! Create as many groups as you want (free version is limited to 2)
- NO ADS!
Forget having to arrange to meet in person to draw names from a hat. Now you can organize your Secret Santa or any gift swap right from your Android phone with Shh! Secret Santa!
- Select participants from your contacts, or enter names manually
- Customize the invitation message, complete with gift price range
- Exclude certain people (spouse, etc) from being assigned to any participant
- Randomly assign Santas
- Notify contact participants via text message or email (manual entries view their result right on your phone -- no cheating!)
- Unlimited parties, unlimited participants!