Four creative challenges for your school or family that will help you get more from your visit to the Science Museum’s amazing Information Age gallery.
Information Age: Six Networks That Changed Our World is the Museum’s biggest and most ambitious gallery to date and features over 800 objects from our world-class collections, many of which have never been on public display. It reveals personal stories about how our lives have been transformed by communication innovations over the last two centuries.
This app will enhance the museum experience for 11- to 14-year-olds by setting them fun tasks to do in the gallery. These are:
● Top tech – choose an object, create a card and use it to do battle with objects from the gallery. Can you beat the Museum?
● After dark – what if the objects came to life after the Museum closes? Imagine conversations between the objects by filling in the blanks in a comic strip.
● Newsflash – you need to find a news story in the gallery that will please your demanding editor and create a video report about it.
● My timeline – put yourself into a 200-year-plus timeline of incredible stories and add your own objects.
● Complete all four activities and beat the Museum to win four achievements.
All four activities produce a video or picture that you have created which will be saved to your camera roll for you to keep.
This app has been developed by the Science Museum’s Learning team and tested with schools and families to ensure the best experience.