The basic idea of the game is to find words in a grid, and indicate them using your phone's touchscreen. The many options, most of which change gameplay drastically, make it a game that will never get old!
Listed below are some of its many features (but you'll have to try the game to really see the wide variety of fun gameplay it can offer!):
* English (American and British) and Dutch dictionaries included by default, as well as SOWPODS and TWL 2006.
* Game rules can be changed whenever you want:
There is endless gameplay variation. By default the game is set up so that consecutive letters in a word must come from adjacent dice blocks, like Boggle.
If you play in this mode, you can choose to enable or disable or even strictly require diagonal moves or bends in a word to keep the gameplay fresh.
If you play without the adjacency restriction, it's a whole other game all-together! In that case, you can jumble together words using all the blocks in any way.
You decide what is most fun to you!
* Minimum/maximum word count: Generated games will contain an amount of words within a specified range. Only want games with lots of words in them? No problem, specify a high minimum word count! Want a totally different challenge? Specify minimum word length 9, maximum word count 1 and try to find the only 9-letter word in a 7 by 7 grid. (Good luck!)
* Ability to block certain words and add additional words (on a per-dictionary basis). You don't think "biwinning" is a real English word? Block it!
* Customizable grid layout: you vary the width and height or the playing grid, play on non-square grids if you like, for some variation on the old 4x4 gameplay. You can even disable individual blocks if you want even more variation!
* Word definition lookup: Simply press on a word twice in the list after a game to look it up online! This makes the game educational as well as fun
* 8 nice default color schemes, plus the ability to choose a custom color for your game blocks
* Scoring system, using points per minute and percentage of maximum score metrics. Think you're better than your friends? Now you can (dis)prove it! High scores can be kept per metric per dictionary. Note that letter frequency determines how much points a letter is worth!
* Two different input methods: by default you drag your finger along the screen to form words and releasing when your word is done. If you prefer, you may choose the alternate input method, which using tapping on letter blocks and a separate word submission button.
* Hot blocks:
This feature adds a lot of fun (and stress!) to the game. It works as follows: if hot blocks are enabled, the game randomly picks a block in your grid, and designates it "the hot block". It will be darkened on your screen, so you will be able to tell easily, which block it is. Now, if you form a word while using this letter block, while it is hot, this word will be worth more points. You can specify the duration a block will be hot (when it cools down, another hot block will immediately take its place), and also the score multiplier (ranging from 2x score to 5x!).
* Local 2-player challenges
* Game saving: you can save your games at any point and then resume them later. The game also contains an autosave feature that activates whenever you navigate away from the app. In case your phone battery runs out, for example, you'll still be able to continue!
* Tons of look and feel options, you can basically customize ANYTHING about this game
This free game's development is supported by ads.
If you liked word games like Word Hero, Ruzzle / Rumble, WordUp / WordzUp, Tile Takedown, Boggle, Wixel, Word Game, Syrious Scramble, etc. you won't be disappointed with this game! Have fun.
Please consider reviewing/rating Wordplay on the market, if you enjoy it!
Have you ever been nostalgic about classics like Tetris and the Equator, but simply got bored of them?
This game offers a completely fresh breeze in the domain, where instead of falling figures,
you will now have to worry about falling Scrabble tiles. The aim is to arrange them into correct English words,
but quickly, as you cannot let the tiles pile up to the top! Whenever a correct word is entered, the according tiles disappear, giving you a few moments to breathe before you go on to your next word hunt!
Other Word's Up Features:
- Settings options: can be played in both ENGLISH and GERMAN
- Extensive Stats: Highscore, Best word entered, longest game played, total games played, etc.
Give it a try, you won't regret it!
The game was developed as a final year high school project.
Find F-U-N for FREE! Test your way with words on Android with the BOGGLE game, the all-time favorite word search!
Tick-tock. Beat the clock!
• Search for words in 4 different BOGGLE modes
• Challenge up to 4 friends via Facebook or Pass ‘N Play
• Test your word search skills in 48 unique Scenarios
• Find words faster with intuitive touch controls
• Unlock 44 Wordy Achievements
• Customize your own set of BOGGLE rules with Panic Flip, Portal Cubes, Time, and Self Score Mode (for those pencil and paper fans)
• Define words instantly with Dictionary.com
• Improve your play with exclusive power-ups like Hunch, Triple It, and Halt
• Boost your score with Bonus Words
Get a full BOGGLE experience for FREE! Play the ultimate word search challenge NOW!
Not a big fan of ads? Upgrade for a low price!
Be the first to know! Get inside EA info on great deals, plus the latest game updates, tips & more…
VISIT US: eamobile.com/android
FOLLOW US: twitter.com/eamobile
LIKE US: facebook.com/eamobile
WATCH US: youtube.com/eamobilegames
Game EULA: http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/mobileeula/US/en/GM/
Visit https://help.ea.com/ for assistance or inquiries.
PATTERNS TO MATCH:
MATCHING - Match two or more of the same color in the word to score this multiplier.
ALTERNATING - Two colors must alternate in order to get this multiplier.
TWO PLUS TWO - Use a color twice, then another color twice and continue the pattern to score high points.
5 UNIQUE - Use all 5 of the colors in a row to score this 50 point multiplier.
Any feedback provided will be used to improve the quality of the game. Please rate our application and provide any feedback.
Thanks for playing.
Play by yourself and choose one of four different puzzle games – every puzzle is hand crafted by David L. Hoyt.
Play together with friends and family (pass-and-play) in your choice of multi-player modes. The game plays just like the hot new Word Winder board game. It's a game of strategy and cunning, offense and defense, forming alliances and outwitting opponents.
The 6 entirely original games are:
✓ Word Winder Finder – Find winding answers to crossword style clues.
✓ Word Winder Frenzy – Find words of different lengths winding through the grid. Race the clock!
✓ Word Winder Challenge – Locate the best winding line of words. Beat the David Hoyt score!
✓ Word Roundup Frenzy – Bonus traditional word find puzzles - a David L. Hoyt hit on the Internet for years!
✓ Word Winder Multi-Player (2 or 3 player) – The hit board game. Play it here as pass-and-play.
✓ Word Winder Multi-Player Speed (2 or 3 player) – Each player has a separate countdown clock!
Other features of Word Winder include:
✩ 20 Free Puzzles to get you started (5 each of 4 types)
✩ 31 Days of Unlimited Play of pass-and-play Multi-player
✩ Great for Kids ages 9 and up
✩ Optimized for Android Phone screens.
✩ Tracks your High Scores & Best Times
✩ Progress in all games/puzzles automatically saved
✩ Hundreds and hundreds of additional puzzles in Collections!
✩ Look up any word in Merriam-Webster's online dictionary
Word Winder is the game of winding words from the Man Who Puzzles America (David L. Hoyt) -- the game which has created a huge audience of amazingly dedicated fans! Try Word Winder today.
✩✩✩✩ REVIEWS ✩✩✩✩
". . . the most addictive, challenging and entertaining word game app that I have ever played! - iPhone Mom
"If you’re a fan of crosswords, word finds, jumbles and similar word games, then Word Winder is a must have." -- AppCraver
"If you’re a word game enthusiast, and love playing Scrabble, Lexuluos, or crossword puzzles, it’s time to put your word skills to the test with Word Winder." -- Game400.com
Keywords: word, find, wind, board, winding, mind, mind games, word games, multiplayer, friends, kids, learn, family, Hoyt
The object is to unscramble as many 5 letter words as you can with out running out of time.
With 2 action packed game modes you will be entertained for hours.
Endless mode - you get 20 seconds to unscramble each word. If you run out of time the game is over
Blits mode - Solve as many words as you can in 3 minutes.
Coins - Collect coins to use game aids
"Reveals a letter" and "Skip word"
Over 3000 common 5 letter words
2 action packed game modes
Next word indicator
3 word skips each game
Packed with family fun