NOTE: if you're in China and can't access Google Play, see pleco.com/android for alternate download sources.
Major features: ($ = paid add-on)
• Great dictionaries: the free app comes with two dictionaries - CC-CEDICT and our in-house "PLC" dictionary - that between them cover 130,000 Chinese words and include 20,000 example sentences with Pinyin; 18 other wonderful dictionaries are available as paid upgrades. ($)
• Fullscreen handwriting input: use the entire width of your device's screen to draw characters. Very accurate, with an engine licensed from China's leading maker of handwriting input systems. (basic version free, enhanced version $)
• Live Optical Character Recognizer: look up Chinese words in the dictionary simply by pointing your device's camera at them, or by scrolling around a still image. ($)
• Flashcard System: create a card from any dictionary entry with a single button tap, import premade word lists, use advanced techniques like SRS (spaced repetition), and study in a variety of modes including fill-in-the-blanks and tone drills. (simple version free, full-featured $)
• Audio Pronunciation: instantly hear a native-speaker Mandarin audio recording of each Chinese dictionary headword; recordings are available for over 34,000 words. (single-syllable free, multi $)
• Powerful search: look up words by Chinese characters, Pinyin (spaces and tones optional), or a combination, with support for wildcards and full-text search.
• Cross-referencing: tap on any Chinese character / word in any dictionary entry to bring up its definition.
• Voice Recognition: look up words by speaking them into your device's microphone. (free)
• Stroke Order Diagrams: animations showing you how to draw each Chinese character; over 20,000 characters are covered. ($)
• Document Reader: open a Chinese-language text file and look up unknown words in the dictionary simply by tapping on them. ($) You can also look up characters on web pages through "Share" and in other documents through the clipboard. (free)
• Mainland- and Taiwan-friendly: supports traditional and simplified characters (in dictionary definitions, stroke order diagrams, searches, OCR, and handwriting), and supports Zhuyin as well as Pinyin for pronunciation display.
• Cantonese: display headword pronunciations + perform searches in Jyutping/Yale romanization. (free) We also offer Cantonese dictionary and Cantonese audio add-ons. ($)
• Tablet-friendly: includes a 2-panel (results + definition together) interface that's perfect for tablets.
• No ads: we won't even nag you about buying add-ons.
We also offer excellent customer support - send us an email and see for yourself - and an active user community at plecoforums.com.
We've been making mobile Chinese dictionary apps since 2000, and our sales and customer base have been steadily growing for 15 years across four different platforms. We take good care of our longtime users, too - people who bought the Oxford dictionary from us on a Palm Pilot in 2001 can still use that dictionary on their brand new Android phone in 2015 without even having to pay an upgrade fee. You can be confident that we'll still be fixing bugs and adding new features for many years to come.
Paid add-ons can be transferred to another device like any other paid app; load the free version of Pleco on your new device, go into "Add-ons" and tap "Restore Purchases."
If you already own Pleco on another OS, see pleco.com/android for upgrade / license transfer options.
★ Over 350K Japanese words & phrases
★ Example sentences
★ Audio pronunciation
★ Spelling suggestions
★ Search history record
★ Fastest search speed
★ Flexible search (by Kanji, Kana, Romaji or English)
★ Share learning progress via social networks
★ Flashcard display for every Japanese word
★ Optimized for Android phone and tablet
"So far the best Japanese dictionary I have found." - Alan Piper
"Helped boost my study rate in japanese." - Clark Shiftwell
“Very complete. Includes kana, romaji, kanji, and even sounded words. Perfect for reference and learning.” - Jason Leighty
“Really good english/japanese dictionary, can search in english, romaji, kanas and kanji found everything i needed so far and good amount of sample sentences.” - Mike Jones
“A great Japanese dictionary in Google Play. This dictionary has many words and functions to help learning Japanese. This also can be offline used.” – Johnson
Acknowledgment: This app includes the data of EDict files are the property of the Electronic Dictionary Research and Development Group, and are used in conformance with the Group's license. See http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jwb/edict.html and http://www.edrdg.org/. The Text To Speech is from Google. We are not affiliated with these services.
Note that user can pay an one-off fee to remove advertisements in this app.
If you require any assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
Dictionary keywords: learn, translate, pronunciation, dict, jlpt, japan, kanji, kana ,tokyo, osaka, n1, n2, n3, n4, n5, bjt, eju
How to use this Free Japanese English Dictionary Offline:
* English to Japanese dictionary : Use this tab if you are searching for an English term in Japanese.
* Japanese to English dictionary : Use this tab if you are searching for a Japanese term in English.
Must have Japanese translators app for travellers who plan to visit Japan. Helps in reading the Japan city guide, trains & bus schedule, this is a must have Japanese English dic.
Features of this Japanese learning app:
* Works offline! No Internet connection needed, perfect for your trips or when no data connection is available.
* Completely free.
* Teaches Japanese for beginners.
* Provides examples of Japanese phrases for each word and its English translation.
* Displays pronunciation of Japanese words.
* No special requirement for Japanese fonts reader, to display the keyboard input words.
* Best search via built in keyboard for input of text-to-search.
* Display the text in Japanese and English fonts along with Hiragana transliteration.
* Fast keyboard / keypad input.
* Also displays in hiragana/ katakana/ kanji font.
if JED is not working for you, please try an alternative:
IMI - Japanese Dictionary
WWWJDIC for Android
Kabuto Japanese Dictionary
Makimono Japanese Dictionary
Akebi Japanese Dictionary
JED is an offline Japanese Dictionary.
- If your app stopped working, please try to delete the jed folder on your sd card and re-install the app from scratch.
- The server is under heavy load, download might get slow.
Please be patient and retry.
- The app works offline once the dictionary files are downloaded, BUT sends analytics data (Google) if wifi is available!
- User data ( tags! ) gets deleted when updated!
- Works offline
- Search and view results as you type!
- Multiple dictionaries ( English-Japanese, French-Japanese, Spanish-Japanese )
- Search in readings (romaji), meanings (english) and japanese (kanji, hiragana and katakana)
- Search results can contain words, expressions, kanji (both onyomi and kunyomi) and inflected form for adjectives and verbs.
- Filters results based on content type (meaning, reading, character type, parts of speech, common words, common kanji)
- Radicals lookup
- tags (vocabulary list) with possibility to search and export to Google Docs and Anki.
- Animated Stroke Order Diagrams for kanji
- Copy-Paste for most of the field and a notepad to gather information
- Move to SD card (above 2.2)
- Electronic Dictionaries Research Groups
keywords: japanese offline dictionary, 英和辞典, learn japanese, study tool, learn kanji
This is a perfect tool for those who are studying Japanese,will make your Japanese learning experience much easier.
※If you have any feedback or bugs to report, feel free to contact me via email: jsubmitter88[at]gmail.com
・Supports romaji, kanji, hiragana, katakana input
・Kanji handwriting recognition
・History and add word to favourite list
・No need to select dictionary
・160131 Japanese words and explanations
・155661 English words and explanations
・150000 example sentences
Simple & Easy
Supports following languages
Not supports following languages
Recording words are total 44,620
Realized a high-speed search
You can also be used off-line
You can also paste in a Email etc by copying words in this Tagalog(Philippines) Japanese English word dictionary
Tagalog(Philippines) Japanese English word dictionary has following three functions
1.Search words in word dictionary
(Tagalog(Philippines) Japanese English)
2.Register to favorite words
3.Save Search History
※ Please use a translation and learning tool
Tagalog(Philippines) Japanese English word dictionary Supports from AndroidOS2.3.3 to AndroidOS4.4
And supports from Low resolution(hdpi) to High resolution(xxhdpi)
• No internet connection required
• Japanese To English
• English To Japanese
• Search From Web
• Search by Sharing
• Auto Suggestion
• Pronounce & Voice Search
• Antonyms (Opposite words)
• Backup and Restore
• History & Study Plan
• Word Game
• Share Words
• Copy Words
• 100% functional offline
• Flexible input/search methods
- Multi-radical kanji search
- Limited wildcard searching using '*' (JP only and slower than normal searching)
- Romaji input automatically converted to hiragana
- Filter search results by noun, adjective, verb etc.
• Input analysis (accuracy will be improved over time, please expect mistakes)
- De-inflects conjugated words
- Attempts to split sentences into individual words and perform searches on each
• Detailed lexical information
- Pitch accent & parts of speech info. for words
- Detailed kanji information
- Stroke order animation (viewable by tapping kanji on Kanji Details page)
- Verb conjugation tables
• Multiple display options
- Toggle between kana/romaji
- Select between light & dark themes
• 3rd party connectivity
- Send words directly to AnkiDroid
- Can share words with Jsho from other apps
• Bookmark search results
• Extracted dictionary files require approx. 37MB of external storage space
• Ads shown when online
• Network permission is used only for ads, this app doesn't collect any user data whatsoever
keywords: japanese dictionary, japanese dictionary free, japanese dictionary offline, japanese english dictionary, japanese translator, kanji dictionary, 英和辞典, 英和辞書, 英語辞書
- Supports many languages - Italian, French, German, Chinese, Japanese, etc.
- Includes offline dictionary
- Word of the day
- Sentence correction!
Speak a sentence and hear the translation!
- voice recognition for all major languages (new feature)
- eMail or SMS the translation
- copy to paste in other apps
- Word of the day
- translation history
Japan asia china
Tenjin is fast, smart, accurate, simple to use, free, ad-free and will prove invaluable to learn Japanese and Kanji
Get help, tips, news for the Tenjin Japanese dictionary or our "read Japanese" app : http://www.facebook.com/japanese.toolkit
★ complete and accurate Japanese dictionary working offline (over 300000 entries)
★ Kanji dictionary with stroke order diagrams and powerful filter capabilities
★ multilingual meanings (English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese and Dutch)
★ suggestions and fast search on a wide range of queries
★ exports to HTML and flashcards (through ankidroid and anki)
★ no need for a Japanese keyboard (automatic conversion between romaji, hiragana and katakana)
Available with a single purchase:
※ Japanese sentences annotated with English translations, grammar, Kanji meanings...
※ Search all data fields (meaning, reading, shape, JLPT, grade, frequency, stroke count...)
※ Japanese grammar with examples (Japanese vs English)
Tenjin works offline. A network connection is only needed when updating or for sending crash reports
Tenjin might not work on old phones with very low specs. In which case, please try JED - Japanese Dictionary
keywords : free offline dictionary Japanese , free offline dictionary Kanji , free offline Japanese grammar guide
* It's simple.
- Easy to use interface that makes searching a breeze.
* It's fast with results appearing as you type.
* It's accurate.
- Uses our unique scoring algorithm.
- Over 90% accuracy for the top three results.
* It's comprehensive.
- Over 252,000 entries in seven dictionaries covering general, computer, medical, scientific, financial, and legal terms and kanji.
* It's small.
- Download only the dictionaries you need.
- Downloading all dictionaries only requires 12.3MBs
- Installing all dictionaries only requires 24.7MBs on SD card
* It's excellent for beginners and experts.
- Search words by kanji, reading, or meaning.
- Search kanji by kanji, reading, meaning, radicals, and stroke count
- View results and enter terms in kana or romaji. (under Preferences)
- Powerful search options under Settings.
- Includes stroke order animations for 1,945 Joyo kanji (Japanese educational standard).
- Add a result to your favorites list for later review.
- Browse past results in the history list.
- Copy result fields to the clipboard.
- Paste text in the search field.
- Does not require an Internet connection to use after initial dictionary download.
- Kabuto requires Internet access to download the dictionaries.
- Kabuto requires write access to the SD card to install the dictionaries.
Definitions for over 200,000 words.
Gives over 33,000 example sentences to show words in context.
Over 260,000 related words.
Accepts voice input.
Includes Word of the Day and Random word.
Stores previously searched words in the History.
Download size of only 211K so uses much less file space than other free dictionary apps.
A Free English Dictionary and Thesaurus with Word of the Day and History!
Free English Dictionary gives you over 200,000 word definitions at your fingertips in seconds. Type in an English word and the definition is quickly retrieved from the dictionary. Suggested words are given as you type so don’t worry if you’re not sure of the spelling. If your device is running android 2.1 and above you can also speak and search without having to type the word.
Dictionary definitions are given with examples and notes so you can see the word used in a sentence.
Once you have looked up a word in the dictionary, the Thesaurus button quickly finds words with similar meaning (synonyms) and opposite meaning (antonyms). You can also search the thesaurus directly. Touch a word displayed in the thesaurus results and the dictionary definition is provided.
The Word of the Day function offers an interesting and unusual words retrieved from the dictionary with definitions, examples and notes.
Need more than just one new word a day? Click on the random button in the word of the day page and a new random word, with definitions and examples, will be retrieved from the dictionary.
The History function displays a list of words previously looked up in the dictionary. If you need to check that definition again, just click on the word in the history and the dictionary definition is shown.
Free English Dictionary is regularly updated to enhance performance and user experience.
Look out for new features coming soon to Free English Dictionary:
Audio function - hear how a word is pronounced.
More dictionaries to choose from.
Free English dictionary, it’s quick, easy and very useful!
o 10,000 most frequently used words from each language
o A selection of the most frequently used words in everyday language
o Additional English explanation for all English headwords to help you enrich your language
o Quick search of words while you type
o Fast article scrolling
o History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
o Filters to help you locate the word you are searching for:
+ Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
+ Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
+ Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
o Pinch zoom
Other available dictionaries:
Our Bilingual and bidirectional dictionaries to English are available for the following languages:
Afrikaans, Albanian, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Canadian, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, Georgian, German, Greek, Gujarati, Haitian Creole, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Latvian, Macedonian, Malay, Maltese, Mandarin, Netherlands, Norwegian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovanian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Tagalog, Tamil, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese, Welsh and Yiddish.