On Android tablets (but not phones) & some Chromebooks, the FlashMaster™ App enables true mastery of basic math facts (arithmetic tables) in addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division--while minimizing time spent by students, parents & teachers & withOUT internet connection.
Ideal for use in schools & homes, this application WORKS & LOOKS LIKE the extremely successful HANDHELD FlashMaster(R)--highly rated by Amazon reviews, demonstrated on YouTube, & used internationally by millions in schools & homes.
No distracting ads or offers. Not "lite" or "crippled".
Results for up to 30 USERS can be RECORDED INDEFINITELY & PRINTED or EMAILED.
DOES NOT PRETEND to motivate users with silly, time-wasting & ultimately boring & self-defeating GIMMICKS.
INSTEAD, users are motivated by the increasingly CHALLENGING nature of FlashMaster & by parents', teachers' & their own gratifying realization of their RAPID PROGRESS in TRULY mastering math facts--as facilitated by automatic storage & emailing of results.
Problems are displayed in the normal "1+2=?" format or, at the user's option, in the "?+2=3" & "1+?=3" formats.
6 ALTERNATIVE "LEARNING ACTIVITIES" (modes used to present problems):
(1) The "Table: In Order" activity is the most ELEMENTARY activity. It presents problems of the selected +, -, X, / table in ascending & then descending order. Missed problems are repeated until answered correctly. The user is prompted with the correct answer if a problem is missed twice in a row.
(2) The "Table: Not in Order" activity presents problems of the selected +, -, X, / table in RANDOM order. Missed problems are repeated until answered correctly & AGAIN after the next problem. The user is prompted with the correct answer if a problem is missed twice in a row.
(3) The "Practice" activity is the main INSTRUCTIONAL activity. It presents--subject to one of 8 alternative per-ACTIVITY "Time Limits"--problems in random order from one of 9 "Levels" of difficulty for a selected arithmetic operation (+, -, X, /). Missed problems are repeated until answered correctly & again after the next problem. The user is prompted with the correct answer if a problem is missed twice in a row. The 8 alternative per-ACTIVITY time limits are: 180; 150; 120; 90; 75; 60; 45; & 30 seconds.
(4) The "Test" activity SIMULATES PAPER TESTS often used in schools. It presents--subject to one of the 8 alternative per-ACTIVITY time limits--problems in random order from one of the 9 levels of difficulty for a selected arithmetic operation (+, -, X, /). Missed problems are NOT repeated & the user is NOT prompted with correct answers. If sound effects are turned off, the user is not informed of mistakes until after completing the activity--just like a test. Teachers have the option of giving all their students the same test (i.e., the same problems in the same order).
(5) The "Flashcards" activity--by making use of 11 alternative per-PROBLEM time limits--is IDEAL for developing SPEED and "AUTOMATICITY"--the ability to answer problems automatically from memory (without needing to take time to calculate the answer). The Flashcards activity presents a user-specified number of problems in random order from one of the 9 levels of difficulty for a selected arithmetic operation (+, -, X, /). Missed problems are not repeated & the user is not prompted with correct answers. The 11 alternative per-PROBLEM times limits are: 9; 7; 5; 4; 3; 2.5; 2.0; 1.7; 1.5; 1.3; & 1.2 seconds.
(6) The "Special Problems" activity focuses on REVIEWING PAST MISTAKES or on PARTICULAR PROBLEMS specified by the user. Subject to one of the 9 alternative per-ACTIVITY time Limits, this activity presents in random order EITHER the up to 15 "MISSED" problems most recently answered incorrectly by the user OR up to 15 problems entered into memory by the user by means of the "ENTER PROBLEMS" key. Help with missed problems as in the Practice activity.