Go to http://thesundancekid.net/blog/fingerplay-midi/ for server software and instructions.
Midi Melody for Android is similar in function and appearance to Synthesia, a popular computer program which displays falling notes corresponding to keys played on a piano. Not only does this allow for a pleasant visualization of MIDI files, but also serves as an effective learning tool for those who are incapable of sight reading.
Because tapping the screen of a phone or tablet doesn't offer the learning experience of playing on a real piano, Midi Melody allows you to connect your own digital piano via USB - Play along on your own piano with the falling notes at your own pace! Otherwise, Midi Melody can also play a MIDI file back for you, so you can see which keys to press and when - No need for sheet music!
Enjoy practicing and learning new music in a fun way with your smartphone or tablet, and impress your friends with your newfound ability to play piano!
<> Clean, polished interface.
<> Automatically displays MIDI files in your Download and Music directories.
<> Browse local and external SD card to locate and open MIDI files.
<> Play from a MIDI capable digital piano or Synthesizer via USB (Requires USB OTG capable device)
<> Lengthen or shrink falling note sizes
<> Show notes on the virtual piano keys.
<> Change color of falling notes; left and right hands can be different colors if the MIDI file contains separate tracks.
<> Choose between 128 different instruments.
Please email me if you want to report a bug or problem, have any feature suggestions, or if you are unable to connect your digital piano or synthesizer.
Tags: midi files - usb - keyboard - piano - synthesia android - midi controller
Technically a step sequencers, MusicGrid was inspired by the funky Tenori-on and the great online ToneMatrix.
More features are coming soon! Best played on phone with a large screen.
Please email me with any problems, questions, or suggestions you have!
Midi Sheet Music comes with over 50 classical piano songs, from popular composers such as Beethoven, Mozart, and Chopin. In addition, MIDI music files are freely available all over the internet. Start learning your favorite songs on the piano today.
* Adjusting the speed of the music
* Muting or hiding tracks
* Display the note letters
* Color coding the notes
* Playing a subset of measures continuously in a loop
* Transposing the notes up or down
* Changing the instruments used for each MIDI track
* Saving the sheet music as images
Midi Sheet Music contains no ads.
The soundfont that ships with this app offers acceptable sounds (better than those of the Android default synthesizer). Because of its small size of ~ 3 MB it loads pretty fast, consumes less CPU and therefore can also be used on slower devices.
Any soundfont of file format "sf2" can be used, also compressed soundfonts (wavpack or flac). Just search the internet for "soundfont collections- there are many available for free!
By coloring the notes depending on their pitch the harmonic development, different tonal areas / modulations / key changes become visible at a glance!
Even large MIDI files (eg. a symphony) will be visualized in 2-3 seconds !
Also so called "black midi" files (up to million notes or more) can be played back completely. Only the number of notes to display needs to be limited. You can set this number -> Try how many notes your device can take (e.g. with Nexus 7 up to 400.000 notes)
MIDI file user settings
All loops, markers, instrument/track assignments are stored in a separate settings file. Each time a MIDI file gets loaded it will search for an existing settings file.
Support & Feedback
The "Help & Info" menu inside the app offers a form to submit feedback, ie. ask a question, make a suggestion or report a bug.
Alternatively you can send your concern directly to email@example.com
And finally, if you like this app - RATE IT !
Keywords: Midi, player, Loops, Karaoke, USB
- Synthesia will wait until you hit the correct note in "Melody Practice" mode.
- Perform each hand separately or together.
- Try more than 20 songs in the free version.
- Buy the unlock to play 130 more, along with every other MIDI song ever created.
- Connect your own digital piano and play along.
- Compatible with the lights in most lighted keyboards.
- Optionally show traditional sheet music, in addition to the falling notes.
- Master each section by creating a loop and practicing repeatedly.
- Keep time using the built-in metronome.
- Learn the correct fingers to use from the hints included with every song.
- Choose from more than 100 different instrument sounds.
After setting the EDIT switch to ON, use long click on a button to change its values and the transmitted values. Other functions can be accessed via menu'.
The latest version of Midi Commander (in .apk format) is also available here (in case you experience server problems in downloading it from the Play Store):
For further help, you can also access the app web page:
IMPORTANT NOTE: the Android device MUST BE CAPABLE of acting as USB-HOST. So, please, do not rate the app with a low score if the connected midi device is not recognized: it might be that your android device does not work in USB-HOST mode.
Also, the MIDI device must be class-compliant (that is, no driver must be required to use its USB-MIDI functionality).
Here is a list of compatible (and tested) devices:
Finally, contact us for problems and bugs!!
- If the connected MIDI device is correctly recognized (its name is correctly displayed on top of the window of Midi Commander), but the midi commands are not executed by the Midi device, try with a different ID cable number in the Global Settings (so far, we experienced this only with a Korg Microkorg XL keyboard). We plan to have the correct ID cable automatically set.
- We experienced issues with Clavia Nord Keyboards: sometimes the midi commands are not executed by the keyboard.
Note that this app requires the following items:
* Android 3.2 or higher
* Tablet or phone with USB host support
* USB MIDI interface that works without drivers on Windows or OSX
* If your device has a micro-USB connector: a micro-USB to USB OTG cable (around 7 to 10 euro)
* No rooting or special drivers required!!
Tested Android devices:
* Allwinner A13
* Sony Tablet S
* Acer Iconia A200
* Acer Iconia A500
* Asus Transformer Prime TF201
* Asus Transformer TF101
* Asus EEE slider
* Sony XPeria S (with Android 4 update)
* Galaxy Note 10.1
* Galaxy S3
* Intenso 824
* Nexus 10
* Toshiba Excite
Tested USB MIDI interfaces / devices:
* Cakewalk / Roland UM-1G
* CME M-Key V2 Midi Keyboard
* Denon MC-6000
* Edirol UM-2EX
* EMU Xboard 61
* The 5 euro 'Hong Kong' interface (note: this one drops MIDI events if they are coming in too fast!)
* Korg Nanokey 2
* M-Audio KeyRig 49
* M-Audio Keystation Mini 32
* M-Audio Keystation 61
* M-Audio Oxygen II
* M-Audio Pro keys sono 61
* M-Audio MIDI One
* Roland HP302
If you have more devices or interfaces that work, please drop me an email.
- Playback of MIDI files
- Display the percussion track
- MIDI import/export
You may not play MIDI files depending on the model, because this application using MIDI playback capabilities of mobile devices.
this app can play midi file, and set the volume on each tracks.
it can also set the play speed, slower or faster.
so, this app helps you to practice your own part in a cappella group, band, and so on.
Simple Midi Player can
* play your MIDI file.
* set the volume on each tracks.
* adjust play speed, to slower or faster.
* transpose key.
* save your favorite settings, and load it later.
if you want to practice your part, you will get sound source of each part midi files.
But, sometimes did you thought follow things?
"it's troublesome to make a sound source for each parts."
"i want to little more increase the volume of the my part."
"by reducing the volume of my part, i want to try the results of practice."
"i want to practice in slower tempo."
"i want to sing this song in faster tempo"
"Simple Midi Player" resolves these problems.
you can set the volume of each tracks.
so, you can practice your part by increasing your part's volume.
when you sing in a cappella group, have you had experience to involuntarily follow another part, haven't you?
in this case, you can practice your part by increasing the volume of other part little by little.
finally, your turn off the your part, and you can play a cappella by yourself.
you can also change the play speed.
if you say,
"i'm not good at singing in the exact pitch.",
"i'm not good at taking the rythm."
let's practice your part in slower tempo, and you can play more exactly.
you can also transpose key.
if you want to sing some songs in other key, you can easily transpose the key.
you just click the ♭ or # button.
then, you can save your settings with any name !!
and you can load these settings at next time practice.
if you practice some songs, you can save settings of each songs.
in these way, you can practice the a cappella more efficiently.
* you can say "bye!" to time of making a sound sources of each parts!
* by increasing the volume of your part, you can get your part's notes. so you can practice more efficiently!
* by playing more slowly, you can practice more exactly.
* by reducing the volume of your part, you can try the result of your practice!!
By practicing with this app in secret you can be way ahead of your rivals!!!!
a cappella, band play, arranger, etc ...
- Outputs Open Sound Control (OSC). MIDI coming soon!
- Handles multitouch on devices running Honeycomb
- Bi-directional communication: use Control to set values on your computer, use your computer to set values in Control
- Dynamically add and manipulate widgets via OSC messages
- Reads and outputs data from Accelerometer and Compass sensors (on applicable devices) with adjustable update rates
- Auto-discovery of wireless networks via Bonjour
- Interfaces can be pushed to the phone via OSC or downloaded from the web
- Supports both portrait and landscape interface orientations
- Interfaces work on both phones and tablets (tested on Droid and Asus Transformer)
If you've never used wireless MIDI or OSC before, Control (and all other wireless MIDI / OSC apps) will have a little bit of a learning curve to get started. Please visit the Control support website!
NOTE: There is currently a bug that causes landscape interfaces to scroll if used after a portrait interface on Android 2.2 and 2.3 devices.
Unlike other Karaoke apps, you already get hundreds of songs when you download and install Midifun.
Midifun is a multimedia application; a collection of MIDIs with lyrics that you can sing-along with.
This app is a guessing game too. You guess the song based on the lyrics displayed or being played. Given with four song choices, get a score for every correct answer. Answer fast to get bonus scores and beat the high score in no time.
MIDI - an acronym for Musical Instrument Digital Interface
You can request for specific/additional songs but please be kind when doing so.
I work full time and is finding time to add features and add more songs to this free app.
Trivia: Requesting specific songs get noticed more compared to when you just give the artist name. :)
Note when recording: If the Android device's microphone is too far from the speaker, the playing music may not be heard on the output. As expected, the music will also not be heard when putting headphones while recording.
Your rate for Midifun means a lot... thanks.
"Piano Companion: chords, scales for music" database contains wide set of base or lesser known chords such as: major, minor, c, cm, em, h7, d7, bm, gm, fm, a7, diminished (dim), suspended (sus), augmented (aug), fifth (5th), sixth (6th), seventh (7th), ninth (9th), eleventh (11th), thirteenth (13th). The total number of available chords is 1500+, up to 6th inversions.
"Piano Companion: chords, scales for music" helps to easily understand chords and improvise on the most popular pianos or keyboards: Casio, Yamaha, Roland, etc.
Using our chord progression builder and progression patterns together with MIDI export you would be able to create and listen your own unique ringtones without advanced knowledge of music theory. That means that using "Piano Companion: chords, scales for music" you can your own great composition and ringtones right from your Android Phone or Android Tablet.
Watch our interactive Circle of Fifths (Lap of Quints) which helps you to better understand music harmony, theory and scale relations. Watch our video tutorials how to get started with Piano Companion: chords, scales for music and then try everything on most popular pianos: Casio, Yamaha, Roland, etc.
The great advantage of Piano Companion is the fact that it's a growing application, so we will be glad to consider any new features which helps you to increase usability.
"Piano Companion: chords, scales for music" key features (some of them are available for FULL version only):
- 1500+ piano chords, up to 6th inversions including: major, minor, diminished, suspended, augmented, c, cm, em, h7, d7, bm, gm, fm, a7, etc.
- 10000+ scales including Major, Minor, Chromatic, Pentatonic Blues/Major/Minor, Aeolian, etc.
- 12 root keys
- Chord Progression builder with scale patterns (chord sequencer)
- Interactive Circle of Fifths (Lap of Quints)
- Help to search available scale chords in Circle of Fifths (Lap of Quints)
- Key notations: English, Italian, Japanese, Russian, etc.
- Reverse chord & scale lookup
- Watch chord on the staff with treble and bass clef
- Watch scale on the staff with treble and bass clef
- Displays compatible scale's chords
- Plays chords
- Plays scales
- Plays arpeggiated chords
- Audio support
- Relative scale suggestions
- Compatible scale chords
- Scale lookup with major & minor scale fingering
- Flexible chord & scale search using keyboard
- User libraries with ability to add scale or chord
- You can create your own chord charts
- Ability to create and search favorite scales
- MIDI In support for reverse scales/reverse chords screens
- Piano with MIDI In support (Android 3.1+ and USB-host)
Prompt support from Piano Companion Team is guaranteed! We would be happy to hear your suggestion for Piano Companion.
1) デバイスを接続する AndroidDevice -> USB-OTGケーブル -> USB-MIDI
2) ファイラーアプリでmidi（.mid）ファイルを指定、「USB MIDI Player」を選択すると起動します