It supports the ftp-protocol and launches your default ftp client with the choosen ftp-server. Right now only fsync seems to support the needed intents!
You have to have a ROOTED device!
• access the whole file system with read-write privilegies
• change files’ permissions
• use USB for higher transfer speed
• written in C++ to provide best performance
• active and passive mode
• access hidden files (starting with '.') - you have to use better ftp client (e.g. Total Commander of FileZilla)
• you cannot set password
For further details and information how to enable USB transfers please visit http://waterdev.com/apps/rftp.
If your connection to the ftp server drops after a while, you probably have a power-saving policy in your wifi settings. To avoid this issue follow the steps:
* Go to Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi settings
* Tap the menu button and select Advanced
* In the Wi-Fi sleep policy entry select Never
Articles about RFTP:
* http://www.goodandevo.net/2011/05/how-to-wirelessly-access-htc-evo-root-file-system-from-your-computer.html (tutorial)
If you still do not have a ftp client I recommend FileZilla client (you can download it on http://filezilla-project.org/) but you can also use file explorer on windows.
Free version does not allow landscape screen.
Use any network interface in your device including: WIFI, Ethernet, Mobile network, USB...
Anonymous user (can be disabled).
One Ftp user (can be disabled). Name and password can be changed.
Home directory can be root directory,
Read only mode.
Passive and active modes.
Show hidden files.
Custom home folder.
Option to run server as a foreground service.
Energy save mode.
Languages supported: English, Spanish, Romanian, French, Italian, Hungarian, German, Chinese, Portuguese, Korean, Russian and Catalan.
Run server as root user (only rooted devices).
TLS/SSL support for secure connections.
How to connect with Ftp server using USB cable:
This can useful when you have USB cable and not network available.
1) On your phone go to Settings->Applications->Development and set option "USB debugging".
2) Connect your phone to your PC using USB cable.
3) Start adb server. On your PC run command "adb start-server".
adb is a program that you can find on android sdk. Usually you will find it on android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.
4) Forward needed ports from your PC to your phone. On your PC run command "adb forward tcp:2221 tcp:2221"
You will need to repeat this step for all ftp server and passive ports configured in your phone. It will be easier if you use a small range of passive ports.
With this, any connection in your pc to 127.0.0.1:2221 will be forwarded to your phone in port 2221.
5) Run Ftp server in your phone, open settings and in "Network interfaces" select "Loopback (127.0.0.1)" or "All"
6) Start ftp server.
7) In your PC connect your ftp client to ftp://127.0.0.1:2221 (port might be different, it depends on your Ftp Server configuration).
Connections in this mode need to be always started by PC so only passive mode is available when using USB connection.
Network permission to enable server to open network communication with ftp clients.
Enables ftp server write received files from ftp clients on sdcard.
Keeps phone wake only while server is running. If phone is not wake connections to ftp server can fail.
Libraries used by this program: Apache ftp server v1.0.6. Apache2 License. Android viewflow pakerfeldt (01/Nov/2011). Apache2 License: http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0.html
Special thanks to: Beatriz Vera, Alex Sovu, Balazs David Molnar, Damien Varvenne, Simone Balducci, Juanvi, Chengcheng Hu, Noelia, Noxa Tagakov, Joon Lim and Paulino Feitio.
Tags: FTP, FTPS (explicit, implicit over TLS), SFTP (Secure file transfer over SSH), client, sync, upload files, download files, Filezilla import, retry on transfer failure, resume, active, passive mode, multilanguage support, UTF8, streaming
It does not work standalone!
Do NOT install if you do not use Total Commander!
This plugin supports connections by FTP and FTPS (secure FTP over SSL). For SFTP (file transfer over SSH secure shell), there is a separate plugin available now:
Application on devices with Android software
Requires at least Android version 2.2
Navigate the file system and folders on two panels
Features of application:
- Two panels
- Supported languages: English, French, German, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Built-in text file viewer
- Built-in image gallery
- Built-in text editor
- FTP client (FTP, FTPS), send, download and delete files, create folders, rename folders and files
- Navigate the file system and folders
- Android root directory, internal & external card
- Move, copy, rename, and delete files
- Create and delete directories (folders)
- Show list of files with thumbnails for images and videos
- Open files with other apps
- Support ZIP
- Encrypt and decrypt files (AES, DES, BLOWFISH)
- Multiple select
- Sort by name, size & date
- Search for files
- The free version contains ads AdMob
Additional features in the Pro version:
- No ads
- No restrictions on the number of recorded calls to ftp
- No restrictions on the number of encrypted files simultaneously
- File synchronization of local and FTP server
- Search for files on the FTP server
- Google Drive, SkyDrive
keyword: Cygnus, file manager, file browsing, file manager, file explorer, move files, copy files, rename files, delete files, two panels, photo gallery, FTP, internal card, external card, ZIP, encrypt files, decrypt files AES, DES, BLOWFISH, folder, file, file search
A file manager that can be used to browse and manage files of local & remote bluetooth devices using Bluetooth File Transfer Profile (FTP).
To connect to remote devices and browse their file system the remote device should be running a bluetooth FTP server or this application which has a built-in bluetooth FTP server.
1. Browse the file system of remote device
2. Pull files from remote device
4. Browse local file system
5. Create local folders
6. Delete local files/folders
Features of the built-in bluetooth FTP server:
1. Share your device's file system with other bluetooth devices (If FTP server is started)
2. Authorize connection request to ftp server from remote devices
3. Download files to your device from remote device
4. Delete, Create files or folders on your device
Please go through the 'Options menu > help' before initial use.
This is an Ad-Supported Version. Internet permission is used for Ad Display. The full version of this App has NO ADS , needs no Internet permission and is only 99 cents.
Help us serve you better by contacting us if you have any questions, suggestions or issues.
Like us on facebook
Follow us on Twitter
KW: bluetooth file transfer bluetooth file exchange file manager file explorer bluetooth transfer FTP bluetooth FTP bluetooth spp rfcomm android app android application send files receive files file browser bluetooth profile obex file transfer profile
1. Where have wifi, where you can transfer files between PC and phone
You can operate your files on phone even if you haven't data cable.
2. Considered of security, you must set the username and password.
3. Provide a widget, you can control the ftp server conveniently.
1 Manage SD card & FTP server
3 Copy, Paste, Rename, Delete
*4 Zip, Unzip,
*5 Encrypt, Decrypt
*6 Search files
7 Upload, Download
8 Backup entire SDCard
9 Schedule Backup
10 File sharing
*In full version only ($1.99)
* nice introductory tutorial
* nice UI, intuitive UI
* highly customizable - colors, toolbar buttons, list/row layouts, fullscreen mode
* single or two panels view
* multiple row/grid layouts
* color customization, color highlighting of files
* selection on tap, by ext, selection between 2 points! or with dialog
* storage analysis
* bookmarks, directory history
* advanced picture viewer with capability to browse/show pictures in ZIP, thumbnails
* internal text viewer, music player with equalizer
* file finder
* file transfer over Bluetooth (if device supports BT)
* log viewer
* individual folder settings
* ZIP support - u can browse ZIP archives (incl. picture preview), ImageViewer can browse/view pictures in ZIP archives
* direct access to Application manager, Task manager and Power status directly from MKC
* FTP, SMB, experimental root functions
* English, Russian, Czech localization so far
* detailed Help page
Ads supported. Buy MKC donation app to remove all Ads
For detailed features / localized quick guide or english full help press MENU->More->About/Help in MKC
Why MKC needs these permissions:
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - copy/move/del files/folders on SDCARD
READ_LOGS - if any error encounter during some operarion eg. copy - such error is logged. U can use LogViewer to see what happened
BLUETOOTH, BLUETOOTH_ADMIN - sending file over BT
INTERNET - used by FTP client
ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - used by FTP client
PHONE STATUS - for new prepared functions (Sys.info, Donate button)
WRITE_MEDIA_STORAGE - seems like tablets with Honeycomb that have internal+external memory(=sd card) need this permission for read+write access to both memory
MOUNT/UNMOUNT - needed for un/mounting filesystems on rooted phones
READ_PHONE_STATE - allows to detect incomming calls and pause AudioPlayer
NOTE: I'm searching for volunteers to localize MKC to different languages like German, Korean, French,... If u are interested let me know on mail below
THANK YOU FOR TRYING MKC
• Tabbed interface with swiping for quick access.
• File manager.
• Resume support.
• FTP compression (MODE Z).
• Media scanner support.
• Backup sites to SD card.
* German, Dutch, Swedish translations.
Note: While this app works on tablets, the UI is optimized for phones. We are working on improving the UI for tablets.
A Pro version is also available:
• SFTP and SMB/CIFS support.
• Optional root access for file manager functions and file transfers.
• Compress and decompress zip, tar/gzip and gzip files.
• No ads.
• Create shortcuts to sites on the home screen.
More from developer
You can browse the instances of those services and finally launch adapters for those instances.
Other applications can use this application to search and resolve a specific service via intents.
This is a public beta version, grab it while it's fresh and free!
For background infos and changelog see:
Import the geocaches from geocaching.com or opencaching, organize them with tags and finally find them!
It features a simple formula editor, experimental bluetooth gpsmouse support, live folders, quick-search and a convenient help system.
It searches /system/app and /system/sd/app (please change the file permissions with adb shell to something readable).
Contact me if you have problems with this app!