Elle est particulièrement adaptée à la navigation en ULM, planeur ou avion léger.
- Les données aériennes disponibles dans VFR ne couvrent que la France métropolitaine, la Corse et une petite partie de la surface des pays frontalier de la France. La vente de VFR n'est ouverte à l'étranger que pour satisfaire la demande des pilotes francophones qui souhaitent utiliser VFR en bordure et à l'intérieur du territoire Français.
- La protection contre la copie de VFR impose une réactivation périodique (et gratuite) de sa licence. Pour que cette activation puisse se faire, une connexion internet est requise lors du démarrage de VFR, au moins une fois tous les 5 jours.
- NOT FOR OPERATIONAL USE ! VFR ne doit en aucun cas être votre seul moyen de préparation et de navigation et ne peut pas remplacer la documentation officielle à bord de votre aéronef.
* Affichage de la position GPS sur un fond de carte
- Google Maps (en vue "carte routière" ou en vue "photo satellite" pour les appareils compatibles et à condition d'être connecté à internet via un abonnement 3G).
- Embarqué basé sur des données OpenStreetMap à télécharger (en vue orientée nord ou orientée cap).
* Enregistrement de la trace GPS et export au format KML.
* Affichage de la vitesse (en km/h ou en noeuds), du cap et de l'altitude en pieds par rapport au niveau moyen de la mer (AMSL) ou par rapport au niveau estimé du sol (AGL).
* Possibilité de choisir les instruments affichés ainsi que leur disposition à l'écran par fichier de configuration.
* Possibilité de saisir une correction de l'altitude lue par le GPS pour tenir compte du GUND (non sphéricité de la Terre).
* Affichage, en surimpression de la carte, du contour des zones aériennes de France avec un code couleur en fonction de leur classe.
* Affichage des aérodromes, des bases ULM, alti-surfaces, vaches planeur identifiés par leur nom et un code couleur.
* Affichage des points de report des aérodromes.
* Affichage des pistes des aérodromes en surimpression de la carte avec indication de la position de leur seuil et de leur dénomination.
* Affichage des VOR, TACAN et NDB.
* Affichage en "tapant" sur la carte, des informations sur ce point : coordonnées, élévation, zones, infos AD et carte VAC ou fiche BASULM si disponible pour un AD.
* Téléchargement et mise à jour des cartes VAC et fiches BASULM directement depuis l'application.
* Affichage d'une vue de profil en avant de la trajectoire de l'avion avec le relief du sol et les zones aériennes.
* Visualisation de la projection de la trajectoire actuelle à 5 minutes avec un repère toutes les minutes sur la carte et sur la vue de profil.
* Possibilité de créer et enregistrer des routes constituées d'une succession de points avec consigne de vitesse et d'altitude.
* Possibilité d'importer une route au format GPX ou créée à partir du logiciel Navigation de François Fouchet (Foufou) qui accepte maintenant également l'import des traces de VFR.
* Possibilité de lister les aérodromes à proximité et d'afficher la route directe pour s'y rendre.
* Recherche par nom d'un AD, d'une balise de nav, d'une localité et fonction "Aller vers..."
* Affichage de l'écart de navigation par rapport à la route active (en vitesse, cap et altitude) via des indicateurs de couleur ou un HSI.
* Affichage du temps estimé pour le prochain point, pour la fin de la route et du cap à suivre pour le prochain point.
* Passage automatique au point suivant de la route en arrivant à proximité du point actif ou sélection manuelle du point actif.
* Affichage d'un log de Nav.
* Possibilité de "rejouer" une trace GPS enregistrée pour simuler un fonctionnement réel en navigation et "prendre en main" l'application, avec un mode pause et un curseur permettant l'avance rapide et le retour arrière.
* Prise en charge des orientations "portrait" et "paysage" de l'appareil.
NOTE: Requires registration of an email address since your NAV & MET reports are sent via email. If you do not wish to register, no point installing this app.
* Create your route by simply typing the list of desired waypoints (such as ICAO airport identifiers). For example, to specify a route from San Francisco International to Los Angeles International, enter: KSFO KLAX.
* Alternatively, create/edit route via Google Maps and Route-Editor
* Simply click a button to generate your Pilot's LOG (PLOG) comprising all your navigation calculations for your route. Moments later, your PLOG and MET reports are sent to you by email (as attached PDF files).
* The PLOG computation for drift uses the current MET (from METARS, TAFS, and global weather forecasting software) to determine winds aloft for each waypoint along the route (we call this "AutoMETic")
* The PLOG computations for magnetic heading use a numerical geomagnetic model to calculate the 1magnetic deviation for each and every waypoint for the current calendar date .
* The PLOG calculations provide altimetry (transition levels, flight levels, etc) and performance (density altitudes, freezing altitude, etc) calculations along the route (again using AutoMETic to determine localised temperatures and pressures for the basis of the computations).
* The PLOG calculations provide solar angle calculations (azimuth and zenith) along the route corresponding to the dates and times along the route, enabling, for example, to determine if any of the flight is conducted in darkness, or if any of the flight will be conducted "into the sun" (possibly affecting visibility) etc.
* The PLOG calculations include fuel consumption profile along the route (including consideration of fuel consumption for initial climb-out, and any en route changes in altitude).
* The PLOG calculations include range and endurance estimation for possible diversion from any point along the route, based on remaining fuel along the route.
* Ability to specify wide range of parameters for the PLOG calculations including altitude profile along the route, airspeed profile along the route, date and time of departure (including UTC offset for local time), waypoint at which the stopwatch is zeroed (e.g., to enable PLOG times to be computed relative to a specified starting waypoint which can be different from the departure airfield).
* Ability to save routes and waypoints for sharing with friends and/or the general public.
* Ability to save parameters for convenience and later re-use.
* Ability to set and save preferences such as aircraft performance parameters (IAS, climb rate, fuel consumption, fuel capacity, etc) used in the PLOG calculations.
* Ability to set and save preferences for dimensional units used in the PLOG parameters and reports.
* Creates open-standard GPX (".gpx") format and Garmin Flight Plan (".fpl") format files (included as additional file attachments in your PLOG email) containing your route for easy import into other software tools and navigation/avionics devices.
* Seamless inter-operability with the web-based version of iNavCalc (flylogical.com)
* Excellent for use in education and instruction of pre-flight navigation
* "Twitter Locator Beacon" (TLB) for broadcasting your current location via Twitter
To contact us regarding bugs, crash and other issues with the software, please use the support center:
Moving map GPS for the price of a dinner!
Air Navigation for Android is a real-time aircraft navigation application with integrated flight planning. Using the GPS receiver (integrated or external) and accelerometers of the Android it can emulate different types of real IFR or VFR aircraft navigation instruments. Using the navigation plan editor, you can prepare and store navigation plans and use them in the cockpit with the moving map.
It contains free maps of the entire world as well as official aviation charts for many countries. The application costs a fraction of the price of a dedicated portable aviation GPS.
Air Navigation comes fully loaded with worldwide aviation waypoints (more than 160000). The database also contains airspace information for many countries. By using the database and maps, you can quickly plan your route, distance and estimated time of flight.
Real aircraft instrument HSI
Air Navigation imitates real aircraft instrument, gathering information from GPS to create realistic image. With Air Navigation you will not only get a moving map but also realistic images of the instrument HSI.
First, the waypoints of the route are being imported from a GPX file (GPS Exchange Format). Hypothetical, every application which can export GPX files can be used to create those files. This app has been tested with VFRnav and FL95.
Afterwards the following features are available:
- Airplane parameters (like performance, stations, limits, ...) can be defined by the user
- Calculation of: Legs, Fuel, Weight & Balance, ...
- Dependent on: Altitude (incl. climbing and descending), air pressure, wind, fuel flow, loading, ...
- Save and load routes
- Save and load airplanes
- Export and print of plans
- If a gpx file import is not working, I'll gladly have a look.
The following permissions are required:
- Write and read storage: Needed for import waypoints, save and load
- Internet: Needed to download aircraft presets
VFR-Plan is NOT an official approved tool for flight preparation. There is no warranty that the calculated and displayed data is correct. Please use always official sources for your flight preparation.
Alle Einträge lassen sich als CSV-Datei exportieren sowie importieren. Dies erlaubt eine beliebige Bearbeitung der Daten über eine Tabellenkalkulation (z.B. Excel).
Praktisch: Flüge können direkt aus der automatischen Start- und Ladezeitenerfassung aus VFRnav direkt importiert werden.
Sollten Sie Vorschläge oder Änderungswünsche haben, schreiben Sie diese bitte direkt an email@example.com
Hinweis: Diese App wird werbefinanziert.
Follow us on https://www.facebook.com/gpsairnavigator!
• real-time GPS moving map
• database with more than 56.000 system waypoints
• create and manage your own user waypoints
• create and manage your routes and legs
• show real-time flight tracks
flight tracks to GPX file for offline processing (visualize in specific apps or inside the GPS Air Navigator)
• export screenshots of your flights (for example to share on Fabebook).
After install, you can try the app with the following limitations:
• you can save only two user waypoints;
• the app closes after 7 minutes of usage.
If you like GPS Air Navigator, you can buy a licence (8,99 EUR) using the button Buy inside the app, to use it without limitations.
Enjoy GPS Air Navigator!
!!! IMPORTANT !!!
This is a 30 day FREE TRIAL of Naviator. Please see the "Subscription Information" section below for more details.
• Moving map with airspace, airports, radio navigation aids, airway intersections, TFRs
• Support for ADS-B receivers including the Dual XGPS 170, iLevil and SkyGuardTWX
• Track-up map display
• All navigational data is downloaded to your device - no internet connection is required while you are flying
• Global terrain database with terrain warnings
• Global high-detail VFR base map
• World-wide airports/facilities database containing over 53,000 airports and navaids (updated on a 56 day cycle)
• Easy "rubber band" flight planning
• Global Forecast Engine provides winds aloft anywhere on the planet up to 54,000 feet
• Integrates with ADS-B or the Zaon XRX for traffic display
• Integrates with Microsoft Flight Simulator
• Integrates with X-Plane using the "X-Plane to GPS" app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appropel.xplanegps)
• Lockheed Martin AFSS Integration - File flight plans directly with Lockheed Martin
• DUATS integration - get a briefing and file a flight plan from right inside the app
• Weather information (METAR/TAF/NEXRAD/SIGMET/AIRMET)
• Victor Airways and Jet Routes
• FAA VFR sectional charts
• FAA VFR terminal area charts
• FAA IFR enroute charts
• FAA approach plates and airport diagrams (optionally geo-referenced)
• User defined waypoints
• Vertical navigation (VNAV) calculator
• TFR areas are displayed on the map. Tap within a TFR area to see affected altitudes and other details
• Canadian data including airspace, airports, navaids, terrain and weather
• GPS track recording - export to GPX file format
• View your recorded flights in 3D with Google Earth
• NMEA output - Naviator can drive your aircraft's autopilot
• "Bring Your Own Charts" - you can import custom maps and charts into the app. See our forum for more details.
Our support forum is located at http://forum.naviatorapp.com/
Subscriptions provide access to all software updates, FAA Sectional charts, FAA Terminal Area charts, FAA IFR Enroute charts, FAA approach plates, weather updates, TFR updates, and the Naviator world-wide airports and facilities database.
Naviator is free of charge for the first 30 days of use. After this trial period, the following items may be purchased:
(a) 30 Day Chart Subscription - $4.99 USD
Enables the download and use of geo-referenced charts for 30 days.
(b) 1 Year Chart Subscription - $34.99 USD
*** 30% OFF SALE - REG. PRICE $49.99 ***
Enables the download and use of geo-referenced charts for one year.
*The purchase of a one year subscription includes item (c) in the purchase price.
(c) Unlock Naviator - $14.99 USD
This one-time charge permanently unlocks all features of Naviator, except FAA approach plates, sectionals, TACs, IFR enroute charts, TFR updates and the "BYOC" feature.
Includes database updates, weather updates, high-detail VFR base map
Items (a) and (b) include VFR sectional charts, terminal area charts, IFR enroute HI/LO charts, approach plates, database updates, weather updates, TFR updates, and the high-detail VFR base map.
Avare (pronounced "Av Air") is a free moving-map aviation GPS & EFB app.
Note: Internet access is required only for installing the app, an aviation database, and at least 1 chart; then for any updates. We recommend that you TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATE in your Play app, and manually update Avare and then its Downloads.
Avare provides offline moving map on all FAA charts (VFR Sectional, IFR lo/hi enroute, Approach Plate, WAC & TAC); plus A/FD info, Airport Diagrams w/GPS Taxi, and Terminal Procedures. Also included: GPS status, Terrain/Elevation Maps, 50 Nearest airports, Obstacles, and more. Some FAA Charts cover Puerto Rico, plus parts of Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. All of this is Completely Free with no ads! Canadian topo moving maps and unofficial airport info are also now available and volunteers may add other countries. If you use and enjoy Avare, your optional donation is requested to support expenses & continued development.
Note: Like all apps for portable devices, Avare is not FAA certified but may be used as outlined in FAA documents. Also see our NOTICE below, and the FAQ on our website for links to FAA documents.
•Made by & for pilots
•Easy to learn & use
•Quick & responsive
•All free FAA materials & more
•Runs on most Android devices
•No ads or invasive permissions
•Long-press to set Destination.
•GPS distance, track, & Time.
•Nearest Airports, touch to select.
•Basic flight leg planning.
•Runway extension option.
•Type in any address or coordinates.
•METAR & TAF (Internet fetch).
•ADSB NEXRAD, METAR, TAF, PIREP, Winds (free AddOn apps).
•Graphic & text TFRs (Internet fetch).
•Terrain maps & Canada topo, MSL & AGL display.
•External GPS, autopilot and flite sim (free AddOn apps).
•Obstacles: Any over 500' AGL within 200' of GPS altitude.
•Frequencies, runways, fuel availability, & other A/FD info.
•Landscape or Portrait display Preference, North Up or Track Up (NU/TU).
•Draw notes directly on-screen, or Pan freely around charts (Draw/Pan).
•Press any two points on chart for approximate distance between them.
•Location icon can be centered or track from your placement on screen.
•GPS compass direction, Bearing, and Distance to and FROM any point on the map by long-pressing one finger on that point. Great for your ATC and CTAF radio calls.
Avare installation begins with the small app, and then fetching an aviation Database and at least one chart. You can of course choose additional charts and materials for Avare to Download free at any time.
Note: The FAA occasionally changes their charts such that outdated charts may incorrectly display your location in Avare, so be sure to Update any charts you may use in flight! ANY time you plan to Update a chart, first ensure that you have the latest version of Avare and its Database.
After installing Avare, please use the Help feature to begin. New features are being added very quickly in response to user feedback. You can Contact us directly via our apps4av google group Forum to share your questions, feedback, and feature requests.
Launch Note: Press the square Avare Options button at the bottom left of the Map screen to access Help.
NOTICE: This software is provided "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the copyright holder or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to loss of use or data) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
1. Using sectional you create your flight plan, identify your checkpoints (you need to know two things from sectional: true course, distance and TAS);
2. Each checkpoints can be customized (MSL altitude, indicated airspeed, wind direction, wind speed, magnetic variance, checkpoint specific images, notes to write radio frequencies); some of the fields automatically populated for your convenience.
3. Once checkpoint initial data is created this app will calculate (just like E6B flight computer) your ground speed (kn/hr and kn/min - used for descends), true heading, magnetic heading, fuel consumption, ground speed, time enroute, and even distance to horizon from the altitude you fly. You can add notes/reminders (radio frequencies, transponder codes, etc) and images specific to your checkpoint.
4. Once your flight plan is in place you can save it to SD card on your device and adjust it to a specific weather condition just right before you take off next time - no massive recalculation needed - all numbers will be updated by this application for you in a few seconds.
5. You can load your flight plans from SD card at any time, whenever you fly. Simply update wind conditions to recalculate your flight data before you take off.
6. Get in a plane and click "FLY" to activate your timer. Timer is visually shows you time you are flying the leg and time you have left to fly.
7. While flying you will be able to use a built in scribble - no more paper/pencil in the plane. Take notes on your device with your finger.
9. You can use sectional/airport images you attached to each checkpoint - no more HUGE paper sectional. Zoom it in/out with simple two finger swipe or double click on the screen.
10. You will be able to see the progress of the timer for each checkpoint! If you reach a checkpoint earlier/later than it was planned you can adjust your flight data.
This application is not using internet connection, GPS or any other heavy battery consuming features. Recommended to be used on bigger screen phones and tablets.
This application is especially convenient for night time flying - no flashlight needed to see details of your flight plan. It will run for hours on your android device, even with a very bright screen.
The ability to pause the timer or start next checkpoint comes handy when the winds change while en-route and you may arrive to the next checkpoint sooner or later then expected.
I developed this application for my personal use, tested it at night and day time flying - pretty accurate in calculations and I find it reliable and very convenient.
With this application you will save time planning/calculating your flight. I do recommend to try this application and get a full version. You will find really "Reverse" route calculation.
PilotCalc bietet sowohl die klassische Rechenfunktion für die Flugplanung, als auch eine GPS-Funktion zur Unterstützung der Navigation während des Fluges.
Es handelt sich hier um eine voll funktionsfähige Version, deren Laufzeit zunächst auf 30 Tage begrenzt ist.
Die dauerhafte Freischaltung können Sie direkt über Google Play erwerben.
PilotCalc berechnet für die Flugplanung aus den Eingaben von:
* Geschwindigkeit des Luftfahrzeugs
* Verbrauch pro Stunde
* Start und Ziel
die Ergebnisse für:
* Kurs und Entfernung
* Geschwindigkeit über Grund
* Zeit bis zum Ziel
* Verbrauch bis zum Ziel
Die GPS-Funktion bietet zusätzlich während des Fluges:
* aktuelle Position
* Entfernung zum Ziel
* Sollkurs Richtung Ziel
* Kurs über Grund
* Geschwindigkeit über Grund
* Zeit bis zum Ziel
* Verbrauch bis zum Ziel
* Start-und Landezeiterfassung
Das Programm bietet außerdem:
* Koordinaten von nahezu sämtlichen Flugplätzen in Deutschland und Österreich (ca.1000).
* Direkteingabe von Koordinaten, Kurs und Entfernung werden dann automatisch berechnet.
* 50 beliebige Koordinaten können mit Namen und Koordinaten gespeichert werden.
* Anzeige der Sonnenauf- und untergangszeiten für Start und Ziel an einem beliebigen Datum ( Angabe für beliebige Koordinaten zwischen 72° nördlicher und 72° südlicher Breite ).
* Alle Funktionen werden direkt auf dem Handy ausgeführt. Das Programm benötigt keinen Zugang zum Mobilfunknetz und verursacht während der Benutzung keine Verbindungskosten.
Flugnavigation Flugplanung Flugvorbereitung Navigation Fliegen Flieger Flugsoftware Ultraleicht GPS flight navigation planning
OpenFlightGPS (then released in 2010 as "OpenFlight Map") was the FIRST Android Aviation Charting App available. I created this app because there were no Android chart options at the time; and continue to service the app with FAA charts as provided on the FAA "aeronav" web site. The charts are provided in their entirety, and as such are clearly marked with their effective dates and all other margin information. You must download the charts one at a time as this app is provided to you at my personal expense and as such I would rather not have folks downloading 10 gigs at a pop from my website for charts they probably won't look at.
This application is absolutely free and free of any advertising or other garbage*. If OpenFlightGPS doesn't work for you or you don't like it for any reason, delete it. If you're nice, I might respond to emailed suggestions. Bad ranking in general will not get any result, and you'll just prove what kind of entitled person (or maybe representative of one of the paid vendors ...) you are.
Works best on 10" tablets, also works with 7" and other form factor tablets and most cell phones - but many cell phones do not have good GPS reception without "cell tower" assist.
The complete set is about 150 charts - note that the application may initialize more slowly if a very large number of charts is cached. Add to or change your set of charts at any time via WIFI download from within the app. Geo-referenced, moving map technology including access to all (1) Sectional (VFR), (2) World Aeronautical (WAC), (3) Enroute Low (IFR) and (4) Terminal Area (TAC) Charts for the contiguous 48 United States. Also includes non-Geo-Referenced Fly Way Charts. Individual charts are downloaded on demand through the app; individual chart files are between 2 and 10 megabytes, so WIFI works best when caching maps.
When moving, "GPS Mode" shows graphic (miniature airplane with pointer) pointing in direction of movement. When stopped, graphic changes to a house icon. "Compass Mode" shows the direction ON THE MAP that the device is pointed. Also shows current latitude, longitude and altitude and current map scale.
To the guy from one of the hardware vendors that writes in the comments of all the free/low cost aviation charting apps about "wanting someone you can sue if there's a problem ... blah blah ... skin in the game" : The license terms you agreed to specifically disallow using this application in flight, or for any Aeronautical Decision Making whatsoever. I do appreciate that you are touched by this free application, as the primary reason I am giving it away is that I am sick and tired of overpriced map updates for most of the paid (and all of the certified) products ... Foreflight is an exception, and is reasonably priced ... if you don't want plates, anyway. Too bad they don't sell it on an open platform.
As per the license terms installing and using this application affirms that you agree that "Roger B. Leuthner is not responsible in any way for your use of this program in any respect", which you must agree to when activating the application on your device.
OpenFlight is a trademarked name, and is not part of the OpenFlightGPS application.
*Google is in the business of gathering and selling information about you. Supporting Google by increasing the Android ecosystem with this free application is a necessary by-product of providing easy access to General Aviation pilots.
(1) Voice vertical guidance into any airport. This helps flying consistent & safer short field VFR approaches into runways with no vertical guidance.
(2) "Flight Analysis" to review the approach precision and improve from feedback on every flight.
How does it work? (reference 1st App Screenshot)
* Connect Phone audio to headset, adjust audio volume
* Select desired approach
* Identify "Green Arrow" in HSI and turn aircraft to Top of Descent. (67 deg)
* Localizer bar is "red" indicating that loc is past the right limit.
* Localizer will turn "yellow" once in range
* "White Arrow" in HSI is the direction of touchdown point. (60 deg)
* "Yellow Arrow" in HSI is the direction of final approach course. (37 deg)
* Descent to "TOD altitude" (top of descent) using aircraft altimeter as reference
* Now a GREEN glide slope bar will appear and be centered
* As we approach the TOD and the synthetic ILS GP in "yellow" is coming down
* YELLOW ILS glide slope and the GREEN TOD glide slope will merge at TOD
* Passing the TOD turn to the final approach course shown as "yellow" arrow
* Descent with the YELLOW ILS glide slope
* Voice will announce: "50 up", "Center", "Down 100" etc....
* Menu: "Request Flight Analysis" after landing, suggest connecting via wifi
* Examples and details at: http://www.reuter-family.com/gpsils/GPSILS_Details.pdf. Thank You to Timothy Nathan
Watch the example video of on an actual ILS: www.youtube.com/watch?v=85AdUUd-kZw
We are approaching the localiser on a 125 heading and a TOD altitude of 1200ft. We are about 60 ft too low. The Green, White and Yellow arrows show the direction to the TOD point, the touchdown zone and the approach course respectively.
As the localizer comes in we turn to 207 for the intercept.
As we approach the TOD the Green and Yellow GP merge. The green arrow swings around to the left indicating that we pass TOD on the right.
The decent with the GP starts. The white arrow is now hidden behind the yellow arrow. The TOD is now behind us and hence the green arrow is pointing to our 6 o' clock position.
The voice announcement are suppressed. However you can see the announcements in the upper left of the phone screen. "Up 80" for example. The app shows an altitude of 510 ft at touchdown. According to the charts the runway is at 517 ft.
Once we pass the touchdown zone the white arrow moves to the 6 o'clock position.
Note, we used an external Bluetooth GPS on the glare shield with a 5 Hz update frequency. Any change in color of the "accuracy" field indicates a new GPS data point. CAUTION, usage of the internal phone GPS may materially reduce the accuracy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqyAXyufBK8&feature=youtu.be shows a good match between GPS and ILS. At 1000 ft agl the tower switches the approach from circle to land to straight in. Compare the two glide slopes.
Further comparison of the app to an actual ILS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGLHkozNBRw
Courchevel with Audio announcement for altitude correction: www.youtube.com/watch?v=P__OlISD3xg
Scenic Courchevel (LFLJ) approach: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNFNFZq2BFY
The app asks for the pilots e-mail address. The address is attached to log files and makes it possible to send comments back. Privacy is ensured. Upload/download of data may best be done when connected to internet via wifi. The data stays private.
To add more approaches drop me an e-mail or press the request button on the phone. 37,000 approaches can be down loaded via "Menu->Download Approaches".
Comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org Disclaimer: The software and data is as is. The author assumes no responsibility or liability either directly or indirectly.
Big "Thank You" to Mark Rae and Timothy Nathan who worked on improving the UI, database checks and test flights.
- This software provides ILS approach and GPS, VOR, NDB, DME, Marker beacons, RNAV navigation and Marker beacons warnings without ILS/VOR/NDB/RNAV equipment on board. This application is completely autonomous.
- Automatic and manual Logbook. The Logbook records:
a. flight track (it is possible to export it to the .kml file (Google Earth) or .gpx file)
b. departure and arrive airport
c. departure and arrive time
- Virtual radar - users can see another aircrafts in the air.
- Dynamic terrain map (colors depend of height above ground level), obstacles
- Free topographical map. Maps can be created by users using MOBAC, SAS PLANET or RMAP applications
- Free World navigation database
- Route planning, calculation of fuel consumption (depended on wind)
- Barometric altitude and vertical speed indicators – (requires your device to have a barometric sensor)
- Sunset / Sunrise calculator
- Export and import from/to Garmin devices and Google Earth via .gpx or .kml file. Support for importing waypoints via txt file.
- Organize your nav items to folders
- Easy setup your nav items via Google Earth
- 4 portrait and 4 landscape screens (fully customized)
- Application can display: DME, ACC, GS, ALT, TRK, BRG, AGL, ELE, CAL, VAR, UTC, LOG, HDG, CRS, ETA, ET, ETE, LT, MGS, GAL, SR, SS, XTK, PRE, QNH, VSI, RRD, SW1, SW2, RRD, DTA
Use this application for VFR FLYING ONLY!!! We are not responsible for any use of this application.
Using application is at your own risk. FLY is FUN does not substitute any aircraft gauge or device. All data downloaded to this application can be incorrect and not valid. Information displayed by this application are without any warranties.
Trial version means that application needs restart after 10 minutes of using. For full version you need to purchase "FLY is FUN unlocker".
If your device do not have menu button look here:
- ILS guidance (GPS and barometric sensor based)
- VOR, NDB, DME, LOC, WPT etc. navigation (GPS based)
- Dynamic terrain map (colors depend of height above ground level) - Ground proximity warning system
- Airspaces and navaids map
- AIRAC based the world navaid, WPTs, airports database
- Route planning
- Sunset / Sunrise calculator
- Export and import from (to) Garmin devices and Google Earth via .gpx or .kml file
- Recording your track and export it to .kml files (Google Earth)
- Organize your nav items to folders
- Easy setup your nav items in Google Earth
Many thanks to Olivier from France, Onuff from Russia, Vladimir from Australia and Juergen from Germany for their help.
See short user guide:
If you have any suggestion how to improve this application or you find some bug please visit www.flyisfun.com.
VOR, ILS, GPS, LOC, FIX, navigation, aviation, avionics, glass, cockpit, aircraft, plane, IFR, VFR, terrain alert, compass, altimeter, HSI, PFD, navigation aid database, altimeter, logger, declination, simulator, moving map, sunrise sunset calculator, RNAV, GPS ILS VOR glasscockpit, pressure, barometric sensor, baro altitude, VSI, airspaces, GPWS, METAR, TAF, radar, ADS-B
VOR ADF Radionavigation Trainer is a Simulator which will help you to get familiar with radionavigation VOR-HSI-ADF-RMI, understand the QDM / Radial and the TO / FROM flags at your pace.
You can use two VORs and one NDB at a time, the total available number of VORs is 7 and 11 NDBs for a 100x100 Nm Radionavigation Chart.
You can train anywhere at anytime, pause, move the aircraft and also observe the Trajectory.
The airspeed can be set from 100 Kts up to 400 Kts and the wind from 0 Kts up to 50 Kts.
The Manual is included in the app.
VAC Atlas Viewer is an application designed to simplify your flights.
This application downloads and shows French airports maps. With this application you will always have airports maps with you (usefull for flight planning, or even during flight).
VAC Atlas Viewer is available on the market to France's neighbours, but remember the maps are for French Airspace only.
**** Warning ON ****
VAC Atlas Viewer is a software application : it can fail or crash ! So be sure to have the originals maps with you !
**** Warning **** OFF
Now that was said, here's a quick overview of the differents features :
- Database update on demand from the SIA web site (translation = Aeronautical Information Service).
- Displays Airports in a fast scroll list.
- Icons for each types of Airfield (Public, Restricted, Altiport).
- Airports altitude is displayed.
- Download maps localy on you device.
- Delete maps.
- Displays maps (requires an external PDF reader that is not provided).
- Search by ICAO code or by Name (dynamic filtering).
- Alphabetically sort by name or airport ICAO code.
- Sorting according to distance (when GPS is activated) : displays the distance and bearing to reach the airports.
- Use both "GPS" and "Network" provider to enable the location in flight but also indoor (for a flight planning for exemple).
- Mode "online" or "downloaded" (the latter is useful in flight or when no network coverage is available to show only the downloaded maps).
- Choice of the download directory (you can use the SDCard).
- Choice of display units for altitude and distance, "Feet" or "Meters".
- Save user preferences (sorting & mode) between executions for a consistent user experience.
- User interface in French and English (the maps are both French and English but it depends mainly of SIA here).
- Free application, ad free !
The ergonomics and operation of the application have been designed to allow in-flight use (no networks).
Before each operation requiring a network connection, a warning box appears to warn you (and also because it can cost depending your operator).
At first run, the application will update its database from the official SIA website : it uses few bandwidth (~ 70K) but it can take up to 1 minute and half depending on the CPU of your device. All subsequent updates will be at your request via the Help menu !
Every first display of a map the application requests confirmation to download (again you can set where you want to download in the preferences : make sure the directory is writable).
Once a map is downloaded it appears in the "Download" mode.
A short-Tap allows you to view the map with a PDF reader (not supplied).
A Long Tap deletes the maps that you no longer want to keep.
From the help screen you can update the database : if the revision has changed you will need to update your maps (because they become obsolete). I suggest you to use a file explorer like "Ghost Commander" to clean up the download directory.
If the revision has changed on the SIA site and you have not done an update, you'll get an error on all new download. That's because the revision is not checked (see above). So you will need to make an update via the help menu.
Others features on the way.
Stéphane (Pilot @ LFLG).
Keywords: pilot tool, aircraft, aviation, vfr, aero map, airport, airfield, visual flight, takeoff, landing, navigation support tool, flight plan, France.
- This is the GPS APP that can not miss on your smartphone during your flight VFR or IFR.
- With it, simply choose one of more than 263.000 waypoints (ILS VOR NDB FIXES OR AIRPORTS) in the database or one of the user-defined and ready. Just follow the HSI and reach the destination.
- All world covered on most complete database in Google Market:
- 17.000+ ICAO Airports
- 229.000+ Fixes
- 6.600+ ILS
- 4.500+ VOR
- 6.200+ NDB
- Another important feature is that any time you can see the decoded METAR of destination airport with only one touch on the screen.
- Designed to be simple to use, no complicated functions and without maps, which, in many cases, hinder and confuse the user with small screen devices.
- To further facilitate the user's life, this APP has been translated into three languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese) which are adjusted according to the language of your smartphone.
Tags: navigation, navigator, aircraft, airplane, plane, aviation, pilot, METAR, GPS, HSI,
navegación, navegador, avión, aviación, piloto, navegação, avião, aeronave, aviação, IFR, VFR