Explore one of the world’s busiest airports in AR. Learn how the energy efficiency project at Miami International Airport can help you save energy at home.
FlyGreen MIA is leading the way in airport sustainability. Starting in 2005, Miami International Airport and FPL Services began working together on one of the world’s most ambitious sustainability projects. Now, 13 years later, the project is nearly complete – saving millions of kilowatt hours, millions of dollars and millions of gallons of water every single year!
ARport lets you bring MIA to life in front of you. Interact with various parts of the FlyGreen MIA energy overhaul to discover tips you can use at home.
Getting Started Quickly:
• Open the app
• Point your device at a flat surface in a well lit area
• Pinch and turn the airport to fit on the surface
• Start exploring by tapping buildings and icons
• Answer trivia questions to get helpful tips for home
Lots to Discover:
• See how MIA is updating air conditioning and ventilation to make a cool airport even cooler.
• Did you know the airport has washing machines? Uncover tons of unexpected ways MIA is saving water.
• How many people does it take to change a lightbulb? None when you replace your own light bulbs with LEDs like MIA did!
• Get involved with community tips you can put to use to start your own sustainability initiative.
• An open AR environment for you to explore the airport
• Fun and lively AR models – planes, trains and automobiles – that bring the airport to life
• Real, practical tips to save energy, water and money at home
• Amazing facts about one of the world’s most ambitious airport conservation efforts
• A fun and educational experience for both kids and adults