Elle est particulièrement adaptée à la navigation en ULM, planeur ou avion léger.
- Les données aériennes disponibles dans VFR ne couvrent que la France métropolitaine, la Corse et une petite partie de la surface des pays frontalier de la France. La vente de VFR n'est ouverte à l'étranger que pour satisfaire la demande des pilotes francophones qui souhaitent utiliser VFR en bordure et à l'intérieur du territoire Français.
- La protection contre la copie de VFR impose une réactivation périodique (et gratuite) de sa licence. Pour que cette activation puisse se faire, une connexion internet est requise lors du démarrage de VFR, au moins une fois tous les 5 jours.
- NOT FOR OPERATIONAL USE ! VFR ne doit en aucun cas être votre seul moyen de préparation et de navigation et ne peut pas remplacer la documentation officielle à bord de votre aéronef.
* Affichage de la position GPS sur un fond de carte
- Google Maps (en vue "carte routière" ou en vue "photo satellite" pour les appareils compatibles et à condition d'être connecté à internet via un abonnement 3G).
- Embarqué basé sur des données OpenStreetMap à télécharger (en vue orientée nord ou orientée cap).
* Enregistrement de la trace GPS et export au format KML.
* Affichage de la vitesse (en km/h ou en noeuds), du cap et de l'altitude en pieds par rapport au niveau moyen de la mer (AMSL) ou par rapport au niveau estimé du sol (AGL).
* Possibilité de choisir les instruments affichés ainsi que leur disposition à l'écran par fichier de configuration.
* Possibilité de saisir une correction de l'altitude lue par le GPS pour tenir compte du GUND (non sphéricité de la Terre).
* Affichage, en surimpression de la carte, du contour des zones aériennes de France avec un code couleur en fonction de leur classe.
* Affichage des aérodromes, des bases ULM, alti-surfaces, vaches planeur identifiés par leur nom et un code couleur.
* Affichage des points de report des aérodromes.
* Affichage des pistes des aérodromes en surimpression de la carte avec indication de la position de leur seuil et de leur dénomination.
* Affichage des VOR, TACAN et NDB.
* Affichage en "tapant" sur la carte, des informations sur ce point : coordonnées, élévation, zones, infos AD et carte VAC ou fiche BASULM si disponible pour un AD.
* Téléchargement et mise à jour des cartes VAC et fiches BASULM directement depuis l'application.
* Affichage d'une vue de profil en avant de la trajectoire de l'avion avec le relief du sol et les zones aériennes.
* Visualisation de la projection de la trajectoire actuelle à 5 minutes avec un repère toutes les minutes sur la carte et sur la vue de profil.
* Possibilité de créer et enregistrer des routes constituées d'une succession de points avec consigne de vitesse et d'altitude.
* Possibilité d'importer une route au format GPX ou créée à partir du logiciel Navigation de François Fouchet (Foufou) qui accepte maintenant également l'import des traces de VFR.
* Possibilité de lister les aérodromes à proximité et d'afficher la route directe pour s'y rendre.
* Recherche par nom d'un AD, d'une balise de nav, d'une localité et fonction "Aller vers..."
* Affichage de l'écart de navigation par rapport à la route active (en vitesse, cap et altitude) via des indicateurs de couleur ou un HSI.
* Affichage du temps estimé pour le prochain point, pour la fin de la route et du cap à suivre pour le prochain point.
* Passage automatique au point suivant de la route en arrivant à proximité du point actif ou sélection manuelle du point actif.
* Affichage d'un log de Nav.
* Possibilité de "rejouer" une trace GPS enregistrée pour simuler un fonctionnement réel en navigation et "prendre en main" l'application, avec un mode pause et un curseur permettant l'avance rapide et le retour arrière.
* Prise en charge des orientations "portrait" et "paysage" de l'appareil.
The moving map in the well known IC*O-style supports the pilot with the navigation and thus leaves time for the bright side of flighing.
The integrated database includes over 4,500 airfields and waypoints from many european countries with information about airport names, frequency and runway information. A "double tab" on any point on the map shows this additional information.
By the support of the OpenAir file format, any airspaces (including gliding sectors) can be shown on the map.
Especially helpful: After downloading the desired maps (completely free) as well as the airspace files, VFRnav works completely offline and does not require an existing data connection at any time. Not even a SIM must be available in your smartphone. (Advise: For optimal battery life it is recommended to switch on the flight mode during your trip)
With the track recording feature you can track any flights. Tracks can be exported as KML files and/or sent by e-mail . Flown routes can be shown on Google Earth. The flight time recording also automatically records time and place of takeoff and landing and calculates the time of flight.
The development of VFRnav is made in close contact with the users. We set a high value on the intuitive use and usability as well as an Android typical app-design. In the current second version many ideas and suggestions have been implemented which have reached us in the past few months by e-mail. Thank you at this point for the extensive feedback.
The basic functions of VFRnav can be tested without any time limitation. If you like VFRnav, you can purchase a license for currently 49,95 Euros. This will give you free updates for one year. After the 12 months a lower priced update license can be purchased. VFRnav itself can be used unlimited.
By the way: The license is personal but not linked to any specific device. If you use multiple Android devices with the same Google account, your license is valid on all your devices.
Requirements: For the real time air navigation a device with GPS is required. Furthermore your smartphone or tablet needs at least 200 MB of free space. VFRnav has been tested on Android 2.2 up to 5 (Lollipop) . A minimum display resolution of 480x800 pixels is recommended.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail.
Disclaimer: Please note that VFRnav is not an officially approved aid for the flight preparation and air navigation. A guarantee for the correctness and completeness of data cannot be given. We are not responsible for any use of this application. Please check the data displayed always with official maps of aviation.
VFRnav est une application de navigation aérienne pour les pilotes VFR.
This is a 30 day free trial of Naviator. Please see the "Subscription Information" section below for more details.
Notice: we do not provide customer support via Play Store reviews. Please contact our Support Team for customer support issues.
Naviator is a full-featured moving map GPS app for pilots. For less than the price of an hour of fuel you can have access to GPS navigation technology that would have cost thousands of dollars only a few years ago!
Quickly and easily share your flights with your friends on Naviator Hangar! (http://hangar.naviatorapp.com/)
• GPS moving map with airspace, airports, radio navigation aids, airway intersections, TFRs
• All navigational data is downloaded to your device - no internet connection is required while you are flying
• Easy "rubber band" flight planning
• Support for ADS-B receivers including the Dual XGPS 170, iLevil, SkyGuardTWX, Flight Data Systems Pathfinder and various receivers from FreeFlight Systems
• Integrates with ADS-B or the Zaon XRX for real-time traffic display
• 3D synthetic vision with terrain and obstacles/towers
• Global terrain database with terrain warnings
• Global Forecast Engine provides winds aloft anywhere on the planet up to 54,000 feet
• GPS track recording - upload your recordings to your Naviator Hangar (http://hangar.naviatorapp.com)
• Integrates with Microsoft Flight Simulator
• Integrates with X-Plane using the "X-Plane to GPS" app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appropel.xplanegps)
• Get a weather briefing and file a flight plan from right inside the app
• Vertical navigation (VNAV) calculator
• Canadian data including airspace, airports, navaids, terrain and weather
• NMEA output - Naviator can drive your aircraft's autopilot
• "Bring Your Own Charts" - you can import custom maps and charts into the app. See our forum for more details.
Our support forum is located at http://forum.naviatorapp.com/
Subscriptions provide access to all app, chart and data updates for the duration of the subscription.
Naviator is free of charge for the first 30 days of use. After this free trial period, the following items may be purchased:
(a) 30 Day Chart Subscription - $4.99 USD
Enables full app access for 30 days*
(b) 1 Year Chart Subscription - $34.99 USD
Enables full app access for one year*
(c) Unlock Naviator - $14.99 USD
Intended for pilots who do not fly in the United States, this one-time charge permanently unlocks all features of Naviator, except FAA approach plates, sectionals, TACs, IFR enroute charts, TFR updates and the "BYOC" feature.
Includes database updates, weather updates, high-detail VFR base map, terrain database and 3D synthetic vision
* geo-referenced approach plates require an optional subscription from Seattle Avionics. See our website for details.
- Affichage sur un fond de carte embarquée (en vue orientée nord ou orientée cap). Carte OSM en standard, OACI, Cartabossy, ... en option. Utilise le système de tuiles standardisé
- Enregistrement des vols et exportation au format KML (visualisation des vols sur Google Earth)
- Affichage (replay) des vols en mémoire avec l’ensemble des instruments actifs
- Choix des unités (km/h, nœuds, mètres, pieds, km, milles, litres, galons, …)
- Gestion automatique du carnet de vol
- Check-list (choix avion, personnalisation par importation d’un fichier texte)
- Affichage de l’altitude en AMSL ou AGL (correction GUND)
- 5 configurations (décollage, croisière, approche, atterrissage, roulage ou libre) paramétrables (zoom, carte, orientation, surcharge cartes vac géolocalisées, instruments, …) permettant la personnalisation rapide de l’affichage pendant le vol
- Affichage des zones aériennes en surimpression de la carte
- Alarme de pénétration des zones
- Affichage des paramètres de vol sur instruments (HSI, ILS, Altimètre, Compas, Navigation display, VOR, …)
- Base de données de plus de 1500 aérodromes, bases ULM, alti-surfaces, hydro-surfaces, …. avec description complète, fréquences, pistes, météo, cartes VAC, cartes d’approche, fiche BASULM, photos, …
- Affichages des pistes en surimpression de la carte avec identification
- Affichages du METAR brut et décodé
- Mémorisation de « ma base », les dernières destinations, les destinations préférées pour un accès rapide
- Affichage des terrains à proximité triés par distance avec cap
- Affichage des points de report, VOR, NDB, …
- Affichage du profil du terrain et zones aériennes en avant de la trajectoire de l'avion (zoom réglable)
- Affichage du vecteur de vitesse de l’avion sur la carte et le profil du terrain (réglable)
- Gestion des points personnels
- Analyse (mesure) du vent avec prise en compte dans les calculs de navigation
- Surveillance de la batterie avec alarme
- Manipulation adaptée aux vols turbulents, ULM avec boutons de taille importante
- Menu contextuel pour accès rapides et simples aux fonctions
- Prise de notes au doigt (exemple fréquence, …)
- Affichage des prévisions météo sur carte animée de la pluie, du vent, de la foudre, des nuages, … sur 48h
- Affichage des Gramet (Graphiques météo)
- Création, modification de routes
- Importation de routes au format GPX (ex. Navigation de François Fouchet, …), importation directe ou par email (simplifie les échanges)
- Partage de routes avec d’autres pilotes par email
- Calcul des consommations avec alarme selon autonomie de l’appareil
- Affichage du log de nav
- Accès aux cartes géolocalisées (VAC et approche directes sur carte), mises à jour des données pour une période d’un an
Voir les captures d'écran sur http://www.aero-concept.fr/captures-ecran
Dans cette version :
- Nécessite un appareil récent Android V4.0 mini avec plus de 1Go de RAM (1Go possible si épuré)
- le déplacement de la carte au doigt peut être lent sur certains appareils
- Les données ne couvrent que la France métropolitaine et la Corse, l'Irlande et la Belgique.
- La visualisation des autres utilisateurs sur la carte (échange automatique des positions en vol) n’est pas opérationnelle
- Les frontières et côtes maritimes des zones peuvent être inexactes
- Le suivi de vol (trace rouge) n’apparait pas sur la carte orientée cap
- La gestion du zoom de la carte n’est pas optimisée, seuls les zooms fixes10 et 11 chargés en mémoire apparaissent. Pour les cartes personnelles, tous les zooms sont possibles.
- Les MOTAM ne sont opérationnels
Ces limitations seront corrigées au fur et à mesure.
Aero Nav, Air nav, HSI, Navigation display, Nav display, GPS, navigation, aviation, avionics, glass, cockpit, aircraft, plane, avion, ULM, Ultralight, IFR, VFR, terrain alert, compas, HSI, PFD, Route, Flightplan, VAC, AIP
Follow us on https://www.facebook.com/gpsairnavigator!
IMPORTANT: the new Android permissions requested when install or update the app (Send_SMS and Receive_SMS) are needed for the new MAYDAY feature. These options of send and/or receive SMS inside the app are entirely controlled by the user in the app Settings.
• real-time GPS moving map
• graphical visualization of country air space (experimental)
• database with more than 56.000 system waypoints
• create and manage your own user waypoints
• create and manage your routes and legs
• MAYDAY button: send an automatic SMS with current location (only in devices that support this feature) and activation of a route to the nearest waypoint
• show real-time flight tracks
• save flight tracks to GPX file for offline processing (visualize in specific apps or inside the GPS Air Navigator)
• export screenshots of your flights (for example to share on Fabebook)
• only one licence needed for all your Android devices
After install, you can try the app with the following limitations:
• you can save only two user waypoints;
• the app closes after 7 minutes of usage.
If you like GPS Air Navigator, you can buy a licence (10,99 EUR) using the button Buy inside the app, to use it without limitations.
Enjoy GPS Air Navigator!
**** We do not provide support on reviews page ****
**** Support is available 24/7 at https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/apps4av-forum */
Avare (pronounced "Av Air") is a free moving-map aviation GPS & EFB app.
Note: Internet access is required only for installing the app, an aviation database, and at least 1 chart; then for any updates. We recommend that you TURN OFF AUTOMATIC UPDATE in your Play app, and manually update Avare and then its Downloads.
Avare provides offline moving map on all FAA charts (VFR Sectional, IFR lo/hi enroute, Approach Plate, WAC & TAC); plus A/FD info, Airport Diagrams w/GPS Taxi, and Terminal Procedures. Also included: GPS status, Terrain/Elevation Maps, 50 Nearest airports, Obstacles, and more. Some FAA Charts cover Puerto Rico, plus parts of Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean. All of this is Completely Free with no ads (unless you tap Options/Ads to see our sponsors). Canadian topo moving maps and unofficial airport info are also now available and volunteers may add other countries. If you use and enjoy Avare, your optional donation is requested to support expenses & continued development.
Note: Like all apps for portable devices, Avare is not FAA certified but may be used as outlined in FAA documents. Also see our NOTICE below, and the FAQ on our website for links to FAA documents.
•Made by & for pilots
•Easy to learn & use
•Quick & responsive
•All free FAA materials & more
•Runs on most Android devices
•No ads or invasive permissions
•Type in any address or coordinates.
•METAR & TAF (Internet fetch).
•ADSB NEXRAD, METAR, TAF, PIREP, Winds (free AddOn apps).
•Graphic & text TFRs (Internet fetch).
•Terrain maps & Canada topo, MSL & AGL display.
•External GPS, autopilot and flite sim (free AddOn apps).
•Obstacles: Any over 500' AGL within 200' of GPS altitude.
•Frequencies, runways, fuel availability, & other A/FD info.
•13000+ Geo. referenced approach plates and taxi diagrams
•Landscape or Portrait display Preference, North Up or Track Up (NU/TU).
•Draw notes directly on-screen, or Pan freely around charts (Draw/Pan).
•Press any two points on chart for approximate distance between them.
•Location icon can be centered or track from your placement on screen.
•GPS compass direction, Bearing, and Distance to and FROM any point on the map by long-pressing one finger on that point. Great for your ATC and CTAF radio calls.
Avare installation begins with the small app, and then fetching an aviation Database and at least one chart. You can of course choose additional charts and materials for Avare to Download free at any time.
Note: The FAA occasionally changes their charts such that outdated charts may incorrectly display your location in Avare, so be sure to Update any charts you may use in flight! ANY time you plan to Update a chart, first ensure that you have the latest version of Avare and its Database.
After installing Avare, please use the Help feature to begin. New features are being added very quickly in response to user feedback. You can Contact us directly via our apps4av google group Forum to share your questions, feedback, and feature requests.
Launch Note: Press the square Avare Options button at the bottom left of the Map screen to access Help.
NOTICE: This software is provided "as is" and any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed. In no event shall the copyright holder or contributors be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, or consequential damages (including, but not limited to loss of use or data) however caused and on any theory of liability, whether in contract, strict liability, or tort (including negligence or otherwise) arising in any way out of the use of this software, even if advised of the possibility of such damage.
Use this app to access your SkyDemon subscription on your Android device, unlocking SkyDemon's powerful features while on the move.
FLIGHT PLANNING FEATURES
- SkyDemon vector charts are the clearest aeronautical charts you'll ever use, with dynamic airspace clipping and choice of map layers
- Route planning is as simple as touching consecutive waypoints and dragging to make changes
- Virtual Radar shows how your route relates to airspace, terrain, obstructions and other features
- Pilot Log facility calculates headings and groundspeeds from actual wind data, and shows useful frequencies
- Plates and other documents for relevant airfields are displayed automatically as you plan
- Intuitive pan, pinch and rotate support with no loss of map clarity or text legibility
- File a VFR flightplan for your route directly to air traffic controllers
- Automatic TAF and METAR briefing as you plan a route, with graphical decoding
- Both narrow-route and area NOTAM briefings available, updated as you plan
- Advanced NOTAM graphical interpretation and depiction on the main map
- Warnings for airspace and other potential hazards to your flight, updated in real time
- Airfield Admin Information shows useful contacts and other details for airfields featured in our charts
- Forecast winds aloft are automatically retrieved for the flight time and displayed on the map
- Create an advanced flight performance profile for each aircraft you use
- ATS Routes mode offers an alternative chart presentation for flight along airways
- Accurate fuel, weight and balance calculations including flight costings
- Create an unlimited number of user-defined waypoints
- Analyse your track logs for posterity
- Choose between many different vector chart styles
- Extensive European chart coverage as standard
GPS NAVIGATION FEATURES
- Intelligent warnings for approaching airspace, NOTAM, obstacles, terrain and other hazards
- Virtual Radar shows a side-on projection of all approaching features and how your trajectory relates to them
- Vector map automatically follows the aircraft in north up, track up or course up orientation
- Clear and concise instruments show you flight statistics and help keep you on track
- An HSI/ILS instrument helps you keep to your planned route and line up early for approach
- Pilot Log shows progress through your route, ETAs, ATAs and useful frequencies based on your current position
- Direct To allows easy re-routing in a hurry by picking from a selection of nearby airfields
- Live updates of TAF and METAR while in flight, with associated alerts*
- Extended runway centrelines appear automatically on the map as you near your destination airfield
- Permanent display of position relative to nearest well-known waypoint, for position reporting
- Easy changing of the planned route while in flight by touching
* Internet connection required for live weather update while in flight
Moving map GPS for a little price!
Air Navigation for Android is a real-time aircraft navigation application with integrated flight planning. Using the GPS receiver (integrated or external) and accelerometers of the Android it can emulate different types of real IFR or VFR aircraft navigation instruments. Using the navigation plan editor, you can prepare and store navigation plans and use them in the cockpit with the moving map.
It contains free maps of the entire world as well as official aviation charts for many countries. The application costs a fraction of the price of a dedicated portable aviation GPS.
Air Navigation comes fully loaded with worldwide aviation waypoints (more than 160000). The database also contains airspace information for many countries. By using the database and maps, you can quickly plan your route, distance and estimated time of flight.
Real aircraft instrument HSI
Air Navigation imitates real aircraft instrument, gathering information from GPS to create realistic image. With Air Navigation you will not only get a moving map but also realistic images of the instrument HSI.
Please find the user manual on this web page:
To contact us regarding bugs, crash and other issues with the software, please use the support center:
The required data is provided for free with an existing PocketFMS license, or by a yearly subscription obtained as an in-app purchase when this app is first run:
-Europe 69.95 Euro
The subscription provides current AeroData for Europe, USA, Canada & Australia/NZ, published in line with the 28 day AIRAC cycle. It includes current NOTAM & WX for all supported regions and enhanced European WX forecasts from our contracted professionals.
EasyVFR is an aviation Moving Map/EFB which can be used for flight planning, easy GPS navigation and post-flight analysis on Android devices (min. Android 3.x, 1GB RAM / 2GB storage). It is fully integrated with the PocketFMS Flight Management System.
With EasyVFR you can plan your flight, take your phone or tablet with you in the cockpit and follow your route on a moving map, always confident of your position and the airspace and airports around you.
PocketFMS has been providing flight planning and moving map systems since 2003. PocketFMS is a complete Flight Management System for VFR pilots, designed by pilots for pilots, that makes flight planning and navigation easy. Our AeroData is professionally maintained to the highest standards, including AIP updates for Australia/NZ, Canada, Europe & the USA, and is used in leading panel mounted avionics.
Currently the following is implemented:
- Unique 3D View (Synthetic Vision) for Europe, Australia/NZ, Canada (up to 60N) and USA;
- Terrain shading relative to aircraft altitude in both 2D and 3D view;
- Full PocketFMS AeroData support including many non-AIP airports, VFR reporting points, obstacles, navaids, places;
- Efficient flight planning. We have designed the easiest and fastest way to create multi-leg flightplans, starting with a tap & hold on a location on the map;
- Printing of flightplan briefings (NavLog,Weather,NOTAMS & Airspaces) using our unique EasyPrint system;
- Digital ATC flight plan filing for Europe and USA. NAIPS NfW file export;
- Quick and easy Direct To;
- Integrated Weather: PocketFMS' renowned Weather Information System provides graphical METAR/TAF depiction, W/V at different altitudes, and European Advanced WX forecast (cloudbase, SigWX - rain, fog, thunder);
- Graphical NOTAM depiction;
- Beautifully clear & detailed PocketFMS base mapping, or official charts for selected countries;
- Practice as if you are flying, while safely on the ground, by connecting your device to the free PocketFMS Simulator: http://www.pocketfms.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=7829
- EFB Documents System with :
* Europe : All European Approach Plates from AIP's, Pooleys and DFS Anflugkarten, many geo-referenced
* Australia : ERSA & DAP Charts
* New Zealand : not supported
* USA : FAA's A/FD Directory.
* Canada : COPA's "Places to Fly";
- Vertical Profile View for airspaces, terrain and obstacles, for both Planning and actual Flying.
- GPX flightplan import & export.
EasyVFR Tutorials: http://www.pocketfms.com/EasyVFR/tut-FirstRun.asp
Learn more about PocketFMS at our web site and the PocketFMS Forum:
•We have a 30-day money back guarantee - if you're not satisfied, please contact us;
•Your payment will be charged to your Google Play account at confirmation of purchase;
•Your subscription is automatically renewed unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period;
•Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period;
•Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off via your Subscription Settings in Google Play after purchase.
(1) Voice vertical guidance into any airport. This helps flying consistent & safer short field VFR approaches into runways with no vertical guidance.
(2) "Flight Analysis" to review the approach precision and improve from feedback on every flight.
How does it work? (reference 1st App Screenshot)
* Connect Phone audio to headset, adjust audio volume
* Select desired approach
* Identify "Green Arrow" in HSI and turn aircraft to Top of Descent. (67 deg)
* Localizer bar is "red" indicating that loc is past the right limit.
* Localizer will turn "yellow" once in range
* "White Arrow" in HSI is the direction of touchdown point. (60 deg)
* "Yellow Arrow" in HSI is the direction of final approach course. (37 deg)
* Descent to "TOD altitude" (top of descent) using aircraft altimeter as reference
* Now a GREEN glide slope bar will appear and be centered
* As we approach the TOD and the synthetic ILS GP in "yellow" is coming down
* YELLOW ILS glide slope and the GREEN TOD glide slope will merge at TOD
* Passing the TOD turn to the final approach course shown as "yellow" arrow
* Descent with the YELLOW ILS glide slope
* Voice will announce: "50 up", "Center", "Down 100" etc....
* Menu: "Request Flight Analysis" after landing, suggest connecting via wifi
* Examples and details at: http://www.reuter-family.com/gpsils/GPSILS_Details.pdf. Thank You to Timothy Nathan
Watch the example video of on an actual ILS: www.youtube.com/watch?v=85AdUUd-kZw
We are approaching the localiser on a 125 heading and a TOD altitude of 1200ft. We are about 60 ft too low. The Green, White and Yellow arrows show the direction to the TOD point, the touchdown zone and the approach course respectively.
As the localizer comes in we turn to 207 for the intercept.
As we approach the TOD the Green and Yellow GP merge. The green arrow swings around to the left indicating that we pass TOD on the right.
The decent with the GP starts. The white arrow is now hidden behind the yellow arrow. The TOD is now behind us and hence the green arrow is pointing to our 6 o' clock position.
The voice announcement are suppressed. However you can see the announcements in the upper left of the phone screen. "Up 80" for example. The app shows an altitude of 510 ft at touchdown. According to the charts the runway is at 517 ft.
Once we pass the touchdown zone the white arrow moves to the 6 o'clock position.
Note, we used an external Bluetooth GPS on the glare shield with a 5 Hz update frequency. Any change in color of the "accuracy" field indicates a new GPS data point. CAUTION, usage of the internal phone GPS may materially reduce the accuracy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqyAXyufBK8&feature=youtu.be shows a good match between GPS and ILS. At 1000 ft agl the tower switches the approach from circle to land to straight in. Compare the two glide slopes.
Further comparison of the app to an actual ILS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGLHkozNBRw
Courchevel with Audio announcement for altitude correction: www.youtube.com/watch?v=P__OlISD3xg
Scenic Courchevel (LFLJ) approach: www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNFNFZq2BFY
The app asks for the pilots e-mail address. The address is attached to log files and makes it possible to send comments back. Privacy is ensured. Upload/download of data may best be done when connected to internet via wifi. The data stays private.
To add more approaches drop me an e-mail or press the request button on the phone. 37,000 approaches can be down loaded via "Menu->Download Approaches".
Comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org Disclaimer: The software and data is as is. The author assumes no responsibility or liability either directly or indirectly.
Big "Thank You" to Mark Rae and Timothy Nathan who worked on improving the UI, database checks and test flights.
- This is the GPS APP that can not miss on your smartphone during your flight VFR or IFR.
- With it, simply choose one of more than 263.000 waypoints (ILS VOR NDB FIXES OR AIRPORTS) in the database or one of the user-defined and ready. Just follow the HSI and reach the destination.
- All world covered on most complete database in Google Market:
- 17.000+ ICAO Airports
- 229.000+ Fixes
- 6.600+ ILS
- 4.500+ VOR
- 6.200+ NDB
- Another important feature is that any time you can see the decoded METAR of destination airport with only one touch on the screen.
- Designed to be simple to use, no complicated functions and without maps, which, in many cases, hinder and confuse the user with small screen devices.
- To further facilitate the user's life, this APP has been translated into three languages (English, Spanish and Portuguese) which are adjusted according to the language of your smartphone.
Tags: navigation, navigator, aircraft, airplane, plane, aviation, pilot, METAR, GPS, HSI,
navegación, navegador, avión, aviación, piloto, navegação, avião, aeronave, aviação, IFR, VFR
It provides all the information and aeronautical safety for VFR with:
✔ TAF and METAR, raw and decoded (worldwide)
✔ WINTEM and TEMSI maps (France and Europe);
✔ NOTAM for airfields et FIR (worldwide);
✔ Display Visual Approach Charts VAC (France only), with updates following Airac calendar;
✔ Display AIP Supplements (France only);
✔ AZBA aeras for military activity (France only);
✔ Manage favorites and offline reading.
Create your flight plan simply,
✔ Updated Google Map.
- Many airfield across Europe (France, UK, Germany, Italy, Spain, Belgium, Netherland, ...)
- Beacons NDB, VOR, VOR-DME et TACAN,
- Automatically add turning point when design a flight path,
- Automatically look for the closest airfield to your flight path.
✔ Vertical altitude profil with airspace projection and ground,
- altitude can be modified simply by draging waypoints on the graphic, or with edition of the flight plan,
- accurate ground elevation retrieved from a Google DEM,
✔ Help define radionavigation parameters ;
✔ Automatically find nearby airfields;
✔ Summary of the collected information for your flight in one single pane;
✔ Send all the collected data (package ZIP) to your email for printing;
✔ Export to GPS Exchange .gpx
✔ Aircraft (DR300,DR400,DA20,C172)
✔ Compute aeronautical night;
✔ VAC are cached for offline access (in your Download directory)
✔ You can update information in the database and share it with other users of myAIP!
✔ Works on tablets (preferably) and phones!
✔ Checking of the validity of some information (VAC, METAR/TAF, ...)
Warning: the use of this app is under your own responsability.
It is designed for use on 4.3 inch or bigger phones and tablets (recommended minimum screen size is 4.7 inches).
eCOPILOT is geared towards the VFR "recreational" private pilot that wants an easy to use navigation app that is free of extra "over-complicated" features and that it provides a "single tap" logbook to keep track of flying times.
A User's Manual (pdf document) is available in the eCOPILOT web page at www.electroniccopilot.com
To view a recorded track on the device eCOPILOT relies on third party applications that support showing KML files (i.e. the recorded track files) such as Google Earth for Android. Google Earth Version 8 does not support opening KML files anymore. Other apps may be installed to view the track files such as MAPinr.
As a navigation app eCOPILOT offers:
. Moving map navigation with worldwide airport database and user added Point of Interests.
. Multi leg Flight Route creation with auto-selection of next leg POI/Airport.
. Routes and added POIs may be saved for later use.
. Total Route Distance and Current Leg Distance. Current leg distance is calculated from the previous destination to the currently selected route destination.
. Route Highest Elevation and Current Leg Highest Elevation. Current leg elevation is calculated from the previous destination to the currently selected route destination.
. Altitude Above Ground with Terrain Avoidance Alarm.
. Total Flight Time Alarm.
. Lines connecting all POIs/Airports in the route.
. Total Route Distance and current flown distance.
. Bearing, Distance and Estimated en-route time to next selected POI/Airport (with line connecting Aircraft to POI/Airport).
. Bearing, Distance and Estimated en-route time to all POI/Airports that are part of your flight route.
. Bearing, Distance and Estimated en-route time to nearest POI/Airport (with optional line connecting Aircraft to nearest POI/Airport).
. Configurable reference circle around aircraft and selected POI/Airport with line showing aircraft heading.
. Airport information: Runway heading, radio frequency, altitude.
. Single Tap to go to nearest or any other POI/Airport.
. Single Tap to add POI/Airport to current flight leg.
. Maps are cached on the device. No need for internet connection while flying. Five different free map layers to choose from (including Satellite and Road maps). All layers have world wide coverage.
. Imperial, Nautical and Metric units.
. True and Magnetic compass.
. Full Screen Map View
As a logbook app eCOPILOT includes:
. Single tap to start and stop the current logbook.
. Recording of flight track.
. Tracks may be "playback" in eCOPILOT. Up tp 20x playback speed and "rewind" and "fast-forward" supported.
. Tracks may be viewed later on any application (mobile or desktop that supports KML files (such as Google Earth on desktop, MAPinr on Android, etc.)
. Logbook will automatically select "FROM" and "TO" airport/POI.
. Total Flight Time and current time display.
. Logbook entries can be viewed in the app.
. Logbook TFT shown below the logbook entries list.
. Notes may be added to each Logbook entry.
. Logbook is saved as a plain text comma separated file that can be viewed on any text viewer application or imported in spread-sheet programs. Logbook entries contain: Aircraft Mark, From, To, Date/Time of take-off, Date/Time of landing, Total Flight Time as Hour/Minutes and Hours decimal, Total Travel Distance, Notes.
. Send logbook file and tracks to your email address.
. Logbook and tracks may be copied directly from the tablet to your computer over the tablet USB connection.
Please report any issues or bugs to email@example.com (if reporting a crash please include as much information as you can about what you were doing with the app at the moment of the crash, app version, etc.).
- Altimeter ASML, ASFC (correction GUND)
- Speed (ground - air), Wind analysis
- Artificial Horizon (simulation from accelerometers). The measure does not use gyroscopes, the use of the artificial horizon in flight is clearly not feasible.
- Clock local or UTC
- Taking notes (finger).
This program (operational) validate the process of deploying intented to innovative navigation program "Aero Nav" type moving map available shortly.
Track information https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aero-Concept/358043240996779
1. Using sectional you create your flight plan, identify your checkpoints (you need to know two things from sectional: true course, distance and TAS);
2. Each checkpoints can be customized (MSL altitude, indicated airspeed, wind direction, wind speed, magnetic variance, checkpoint specific images, notes to write radio frequencies); some of the fields automatically populated for your convenience.
3. Once checkpoint initial data is created this app will calculate (just like E6B flight computer) your ground speed (kn/hr and kn/min - used for descends), true heading, magnetic heading, fuel consumption, ground speed, time enroute, and even distance to horizon from the altitude you fly. You can add notes/reminders (radio frequencies, transponder codes, etc) and images specific to your checkpoint.
4. Once your flight plan is in place you can save it to SD card on your device and adjust it to a specific weather condition just right before you take off next time - no massive recalculation needed - all numbers will be updated by this application for you in a few seconds.
5. You can load your flight plans from SD card at any time, whenever you fly. Simply update wind conditions to recalculate your flight data before you take off.
6. Get in a plane and click "FLY" to activate your timer. Timer is visually shows you time you are flying the leg and time you have left to fly.
7. While flying you will be able to use a built in scribble - no more paper/pencil in the plane. Take notes on your device with your finger.
9. You can use sectional/airport images you attached to each checkpoint - no more HUGE paper sectional. Zoom it in/out with simple two finger swipe or double click on the screen.
10. You will be able to see the progress of the timer for each checkpoint! If you reach a checkpoint earlier/later than it was planned you can adjust your flight data.
This application is not using internet connection, GPS or any other heavy battery consuming features. Recommended to be used on bigger screen phones and tablets.
This application is especially convenient for night time flying - no flashlight needed to see details of your flight plan. It will run for hours on your android device, even with a very bright screen.
The ability to pause the timer or start next checkpoint comes handy when the winds change while en-route and you may arrive to the next checkpoint sooner or later then expected.
I developed this application for my personal use, tested it at night and day time flying - pretty accurate in calculations and I find it reliable and very convenient.
With this application you will save time planning/calculating your flight. I do recommend to try this application and get a full version. You will find really "Reverse" route calculation.
* Moving map with airspace definitions (for Sweden, Finland, Estonia and Latvia).
* Create routes at www.swflightplanner.se, easily sync them to device.
* Automatically downloads NOTAM, TAF and METAR.
* Radio phraseology
* Terrain elevation visualization (not for IFR or terrain avoidance!)
* Describe-my-position function (use when ATC asks where you are).
* Automatically records GPS track.
* Built-in cockpit voice recorder (use a line-level to mic-level converter, then connect headphone out from aircraft to phone/tablet).