It has all you need for a gluten free diet that excludes foods containing gluten. Gluten is a protein composite found in wheat (including kamut and spelt), barley, rye and triticale. A gluten-free diet is the only medically accepted treatment for celiac disease. Celiac disease is an autoimmune disease attacking the small intestine due to the presence of gluten. Dermatitis herpetiformis (DH) is a form of celiac disease in which gluten causes the immune system to attack the skin; therefore a gluten-free diet is essential. People with these diseases are considered gluten intolerant. There is a minority of people who suffer from wheat intolerance alone and are tolerant to gluten. Gluten sensitivity is another reason people will choose to go gluten-free.
We will continue updating this application with new recipes on a regular basis.
• For Members - A searchable Food and Drink Directory listing thousands of products suitable for a gluten-free diet. With scan, search and category listings to choose from, shopping for your gluten-free diet has never been easier.
• For Members – A searchable Eating Out Venue Guide with a range of cuisines and venue types offering food for the gluten-free diet. Use your location services to find venues near you and the app will take you there.
• A Label Guide to help you understand food labelling, support your shopping and help you choose food from the mainstream supermarket aisles.
• A Gluten-free Checklist which guides you through those foods that are gluten-free, those you need to check and those which contain gluten.
• Eating out tips so you can eat more easily using our hints and tips, including questions to ask and things to check to safeguard your health.
• Latest news from Coeliac UK.
• Information about Coeliac UK and how to contact us.
You can search for recipes by name, ingredient, etc. The search feature is under the menu (press the menu key).
Please see the donation version in the market if you wish to support. This version will remain free and complete.
New phones are being release weekly and it is impossible to test with every new model. Please email the developer with any issues. Thanks. Phones known to have issues: HTC EVO 4g, HTC Inspire, HTC Desire HD. I am working on compatibility for these.
If you feel a recipe is not safe, please email the developer with the recipe title and why it should be removed. Thanks.
New features in 2.0.0: Search, add favorites, share, and faster load times
We use the largest database of food and drink products available in the US, to detect the presence of gluten. This database includes over 500,000+ products and growing. A team of dietitians, nutritionists and researchers take care of the accuracy of this information.
Every scan will be analyzed on three levels, to provide greater information and protection:
- The product is gluten free.
- The product can contain gluten. The app shows the list of ingredients (allergens).
- The product is not gluten free. The app shows the list of ingredients.
This enables you to make a more informed decision as to whether or not to try the product.
· SEARCH by Product Name, Brand or Category, over 35,000 GLUTEN-FREE products (Full Version of the app)
We have plans for new features in the future and always welcome your suggestions.
*** NEW! **** ALSO AVAILABLE FOR IPHONE:
-- On-the-go access to thousands of personal, user-submitted Gluten Free Dining and Travel REVIEWS.
-- Reviews of restaurants, bakeries, markets, hotels/resorts, B&Bs, cruises, and even colleges -- in the U.S. and around the world
-- Map each business and link to their website
-- Social sharing
-- Dedicated pages for chain restaurants offering GF Menus, with links to their menus, locations, coupons, and more
-- near2there reminder service to alert you when you're near one of your "must try" restaurants
-- Calendar with GF events around the country
-- Coupons offered by GF-friendly restaurants
-- Link to recent Gluten Free Travel Blog posts
-- Live Streaming Gluten Free News
-- Community forum for sharing gluten free news with other users
This is the only Gluten Free Scanner app that puts users in control of the data. All the data in this app is community sourced. You are in control! If you disagree with the result of a scan, you have the power to change it. If you are the first person to scan an item, please answer a question or two about it. Other gluten free users will thank you for helping to make the data more accurate.
There are hundreds of ingredients that contain gluten, and not all of them are obvious. With this app, you simply scan the barcode and see instantly if a food contains gluten!
- Barcode scanner
- Easy to read "yes" or "no" result.
- The ability to update a result by disagreeing with it
- And pictures of monkeys (obviously)
- That's it! Super easy.
Check out user-submitted reviews from around the world of where you can eat, shop and stay if you can't eat gluten and if you have suggestions of your own, please submit to the site and help to spread the word! We are always growing our database of suggestions so apologies if no good for your current location but please help us rectify that and suggest anywhere you do find.
If you can't eat wheat or gluten and you're out and about and need to find somewhere to eat, the Coeliac Map is here to help. Features user-submitted reviews of Coeliac friendly venues around the UK and further afield.
If you know of somewhere great, or somewhere to avoid, please please submit it to the map, either using the android app, or on the website. Share the knowledge you have to help other Coeliacs.
"Love the ease of use"
You love eating Kentucky Fried Chicken but you’re on a gluten free diet. Is there anything on their menu that you can eat?
What about your children? The doctor has suggested a gluten allergy might be at the root of some problems. But they’re kids; they like to go to McDonalds, just like all of their friends do.
Don’t deprive yourself or your family when faced with a gluten free diet. There’s just no need for it when you can download Gluten Free Fast Food to your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad. This handy, quick reference shows you the gluten free options at your favorite fast food restaurants.
Standing in line at your local Dairy Queen, scanning the menu and wondering if there’s anything there that you can eat? Don’t worry, just open up the Gluten Free Fast Food app and you’ll know instantly what they offer that fits your special diet.
Go ahead and enjoy picking up something yummy at Wendy’s, Taco Bell, Subway, Arby’s and a ton of other establishments that you love to frequent. These eateries cater to the masses and also to those, like you, who eat gluten-free. You are a valued customer and more and more places are putting great food on their menu that’s safe for you to eat when avoiding gluten.
You can treat yourself to a Chargrilled Chicken Fillet at Chick-Fil-A, a Low Carb Thickburger at Hardee’s, or Fresh Apple Fries at Burger King. Food doesn’t have to be boring just because it lacks gluten!
Look at some of the features you get in Gluten Free Fast Food:
* Really easy to use, attractive interface
* Find out instantly what gluten-free menu items are available from each of the most popular fast food restaurants
* Always have a handy, ready resource and reference at your fingertips – take it with you when you go out to dine
You may be eating gluten free but you have choices, lots of them. Thanks to this app, you’ll know what and where they are.
Download Gluten Free Fast Food now and treat yourself and your family to a meal out at your favorite eatery tonight.
*Always double-check with food provider; our information comes from their websites, but is subject to change/inaccuracies.
Here are just some of the gluten-free recipes:
-Apple Walnut Amaranth
-Curried Waldorf Salad
-Grilled Shrimp Brochettes and Quinoa Timbales with
-Hot Brown Rice Nuts and Flax
-Moroccan Chicken with Cauliflower and Cashews
-Sesame-Crusted Sole with Baby Bok Choy and Wild Rice
-Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs
-Tarragon Chicken Salad
-White Beans on a Bed of Greens
-Wild Salmon with Rosemary Sweet
*Gluten-free diet is a diet that excludes foods containing gluten. Gluten is a protein complex found in wheat (including kamut and spelt), barley, rye and triticale. A gluten-free diet is the only medically accepted treatment for celiac disease. Being gluten intolerant can often mean a person may also be wheat intolerant as well as suffer from the related inflammatory skin condition dermatitis herpetiformis, There are a smaller minority of people who suffer from wheat intolerance alone and are tolerant to gluten.
This app allows you to search our comprehensive database of Aussie gluten free businesses by name, food type or location.
- Browse our entire web database quickly and easily from your mobile phone.
- Instantly find a place to eat nearby by pressing "GF Near Me".
- Add GF businesses to your contact book for offline look-up.
- Get directions to your favourite GF restaurants and shops (GPS required).
- Find websites to purchase GF goods online.
Already a resounding success in its original spanish version thanks to more than 4,000 downloads and after being selected as Featured App by the Apple Store, the long awaited english and Android version has now arrived.
If you are a coeliac, or if you are following a gluten-free diet (paleodiet, paleo diet or paleolitic) this is the app to search, discover and review thousands of venues offering gluten free meals and products in the United Kingdom, Europe, the United States and around the World.
★ The most powerful way to search the recipe sites you love
Why waste time sifting through the wrong recipes? Our unique search filters allow you to find the perfect recipes by cuisine, taste, diet (Vegetarian, Vegan, Paleo), nutrition, allergies (dairy, gluten, seafood, and more), cook time, technique, and more – so the recipes you find first are the right ones. No need to worry, we have all of your favorite recipes for cooking from top recipe sites and from the best food blogs like Chow, Serious Eats, and Steamy Kitchen. Find something that meets your tastes and nutrition preferences in a snap.
★ Collect, save and organize your favorite recipes in your digital recipe box
Saving your favorite recipes couldn’t be easier. With the simple tap of a ‘Yum’ button, your faves are stashed for safekeeping in a digital recipe box. Once saved, create personal collections for easy organization, sharing of your recipes, and easy view when cooking and shopping.
★ Discover recipe recommendations, just for you
Set up your taste and nutrition preferences and we’ll only serve up recipes that match. As you use Yummly, like magic, it learns about you like (and don’t like). Yummly will provide you with food recipe recommendations every day that you are sure to love. In a bit of a food rut? Let Yummly help you out with a cornucopia of tasty suggestions for cooking. The more you Yum, the better it gets!
★ Personalized Diets
Have a special diet? Are you trying to eat vegan, paleo, or gluten free? Do you have an allergy to peanuts or shrimp? Do you dislike cilantro? Yummly has you covered! We scour recipes across the web we automatically filter out recipes that don’t match your tastes, allergies, and diets. Simply Yum recipes to easily create diet specific collections in your recipe box.
If you have any questions or comments about this app, please feel free to contact us through the form on this page: http://www.subarctic-systems.com/contact-us/
And as we would like to discuss how we can make this app as good as possible, we would also suggest that you read and perhaps comment on our blog posts about this app here: http://www.subarctic-systems.com/category/is-this-gluten-free/
Note: We are not affiliated with GFOverflow.com, Celiaccess.com, nor any other website from which this app retrieves results. If you find that any information on one of these sites is inaccurate, we suggest that you report it to those who have made that information available. We will also report any inaccurate information on these sites to those who run them if we find any inaccurate information on them.
The Delight Gluten-Free Magazine App offers technologically savvy gluten-free consumers new ways to find recipes and stay up-to-date on the latest gluten-free news and popular trends, whether they are at home, at work or on the go.
Digital subscriptions are fully interactive, oﬀering readers an engaging new way to read the entire publication. Every article, photograph and cooking tip from the print version is included in the digital copy. Additionally, the digital edition features exclusive cooking demonstrations, podcasts, gluten-free lifestyle guides, easy ingredient checklists and fully clickable advertisements from Delight’s partners.
Evernote Food helps you remember the food you love. From discovering great recipes and restaurants to capturing your memorable food experiences, Evernote Food is the one app you need to remember your life in food.
• Explore the best recipes from across the web and save them to My Cookbook to try later
• Find great restaurants near you or anywhere in the world; add them to your wish list or book a reservation
• Document your food experiences through photos, notes, & locations
• Share your meals with friends through e-mail, Twitter, Facebook, or links
Bonus: Since Evernote Food is part of Evernote, recipes you clip using Evernote Web Clipper on your desktop will also appear in the the My Cookbook section of the app. Use tags to organize them based on diet and ingredients.
Additionally, anything you save in Evernote Food will show up in Evernote on any device you use.
What's new in Evernote Food 2.0
• Explore Recipes - Thousands of recipes from the best food sites to browse, search, and save.
• My Cookbook - Recipes you save in the app, plus ones you've clipped or saved in Evernote, show up here, making them easy to find from any device.
• Restaurants - A location-based list and map view of restaurants that lets you clip and save the ones you want to try and see all the spots you've visited.
• My Meals - A photographic journey through all of your past meals and food adventures.
Here are just a few ways you can use Evernote Food:
• Build your own online cookbook using My Cookbook, where you can save favorite and new recipes you want to try.
• Document each step of recipe preparation with photos and captions, from new creations to family traditions you want to preserve.
• Discover restaurants by location or cuisine and create a list of ones to visit in your city and for travel destinations. Book your table within the app using OpenTable.
• Remember culinary journeys using My Meals. Add images and notes on the food, wine, people, and ambience that make trips memorable.
• Capture your food memories of special restaurant or home-cooked meals enjoyed with family and friends. Take note of dishes you love so you can order them again.
Learn more: http://evernote.com/food/
Follow Evernote Food on Twitter: twitter.com/evernote