Packaged foods can be surprisingly high in salt, saturated fat, added sugar and kilojoules/calories. FoodSwitch has a database of packaged foods to help you identify those that are better for you.
In three simple steps, FoodSwitch can help you towards better health by reducing the salt, fat and sugar in your diet:
1. Scan barcodes of packaged foods with your camera;
2. See simple nutrition information on the food you’ve scanned;
3. See similar foods that are healthier based on established nutrition criteria;
4. Identify Vegetarian products easily.
- Traffic Light Labels – if a product is low (green), medium (amber) or high (red) for salt, sugar, fat and saturated fat;
- Save your healthy favorites on personalized lists.
- Help us track the food supply by sending us pictures of new foods.
Download the app today and find out for yourself why respected health organizations around the world like FoodSwitch!
FoodSwitch is owned and operated by The George Institute for Global Health. The India version of FoodSwitch is a partnership between the Australia-India Council and The George Institute for Global Health.
FoodSwitch is supported by the Australian Government through the Australia-India Council of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
For more information about FoodSwitch and answers to commonly asked questions, visit http://www.georgeinstitute.org.in/projects/foodswitch-india