Modern Walking Guides in the Palm of Your Hand
"Great app - been looking for a good walking route app for years."
"This app has totally changed my life, I absolutely love it."
"Great walk, instructions were very detailed, perfect!"
With more than 1,185 detailed and mapped UK digital walking guides (March 2018) the iFootpath App, along with its partner website iFootpath.com, has been created to inspire people to get out and enjoy beautiful walks across the UK.
You can check out the coverage of walks before you buy - visit iFootpath.com. New walks are added every week.
From town trails to riverside strolls and countryside rambles, we are building a library of walks for everyone to enjoy - be it alone, with your dog or with family and friends. There are pub walks, city walks, waterside walks, hill walks and coastal walks with something for all abilities, from 1 mile to 14 miles long. The counties with the most walking guides include Surrey, Yorkshire, Sussex, Berkshire, Derbyshire, Cheshire, Hampshire, Suffolk, West Midlands, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Dorset, Lincolnshire and Staffordshire but all counties in England have some walks to enjoy.
iFootpath is different. Of course it does provide the ability to collect and share GPS map data but that's only the start. The walking guides are beautifully presented and enhanced with richer information optimised for walkers & hikers - descriptions, turn by turn instructions, photos, access information (stiles, gates, terrain, livestock…) historical notes, audio snippets, maps showing the GPS trail, what to see along the way and the author’s insight into what makes each walk great.
Key features include:
EXPLORE (The walk library is still growing. UK walk availability varies regionally. Please check the website for coverage details)
- Download any of the digital walking guides from the store (all free) to take with you
- Find walks near your current location, by town/postcode, by county or by key word
- The walk introduction tells you everything you need to know before you set out (access information including stiles and other obstacles, livestock, climbs, terrain plus how to find the starting point)
- While following the walk, your experience is facilitated and enhanced with photographs, turn by turn instructions, descriptions of the area, audio snippets, historical notes and points of interest
- Avoid any wrong turns by following your real-time progress on the live map
- Works even without mobile signal coverage as walking guides are stored on your phone
- Add your own photos and comments about the walk, and read other people’s experience
- Tag walks as Completed and Favourite on the App and website, to keep track of the walks you have walked and the walks that you love
- Track your own walking route and see your route drawn live on the map while you are on the move
- Keep tracking your route while using other apps or phone functions
- Upload your route to iFootpath.com where you can use the bespoke visual GPS editor to correct any errors, add additional waypoints, reorder waypoints or extend the track to perfect your route
- Add photos and full descriptions on the website and then share with the iFootpath community, family and friends
Continued running of GPS in background can dramatically reduce battery life.
iFootpath is based in the UK and is currently UK only
For full details visit iFootpath.com.
Any questions or feedback email firstname.lastname@example.org