Explore the UK with iFootpath - Walking Guides in the Palm of Your Hand.
"Great app - been looking for a good walking route app for years."
"This app has totally changed my life, I absolutely love it."
"Great walk, instructions were very detailed, perfect!"
"Best walking app ever"
With more than 1,360+ Walking Guides (March 2019) the iFootpath App (along with its partner website iFootpath.com) has been created to inspire everyone to get out and enjoy beautiful walks across the UK.
Every Walking Guide includes full turn-by-turn directions, photographs, driving directions (to guide you to the start of the walk), access notes (so that you know about stiles, livestock etc) plus a GPS-powered live map (a satellite map of the area marked with the walking route and showing your live location as you walk – you can say goodbye to wrong turns).
- No in-app purchases (all current and future walks included)
- No annual subscription
- No phone signal required when following a walk
- Check out the coverage of our walks before you buy - see iFootpath.com.
WALKING GUIDES WITH WIDE APPEAL…From town trails to riverside strolls and countryside rambles, we are building a library of walks for everyone to enjoy - be it alone, with your dog or with family and friends. There are pub walks, city walks and coastal walks with something for all abilities, from 1 mile to 14 miles long.
WALKING GUIDES IN EVERY ENGLISH COUNTY…New Walking Guides are added every week and coverage varies regionally. The counties with the most Walking Guides include Surrey, Yorkshire, Sussex, Berkshire, Derbyshire, Cheshire, Hampshire, Suffolk, West Midlands, Worcestershire, Warwickshire, Dorset, Essex, Lincolnshire, Lancashire, Cumbria, Oxfordshire and Staffordshire, but all counties in England have some walks to enjoy.
WALKING GUIDES WITH A DIFFERENCE... Like other walking apps, iFootpath provides the ability to collect and share GPS map data, but that's only the start. The walking guides are beautifully presented and enhanced with rich information optimised for walkers – full descriptions, turn by turn instructions, photos, access information (stiles, gates, terrain, livestock…) historical notes, audio snippets, satellite maps showing the GPS trail, what to see along the way and the author’s insight into what makes each walk great.
EXPLORE 1,300 WALKING GUIDES…
- Find walks near your current location, by town/postcode, by county or by keyword
- Filter for Easier Access Walks or Walks Accessible by Train
- Download your chosen Walking Guides to your device ready to follow (meaning no mobile signal coverage is required when following the downloaded Walking Guide)
-Navigate to start of the walk/parking area using the 'Driving Directions' feature
- The walk introduction tells you everything you need to know before you set out (including parking, stiles and other obstacles, livestock, climbs, terrain)
- Photographs, turn-by-turn instructions, audio snippets, historical notes and points of interest guide you around the walk
- Use the GPS live map (a satellite map showing the walking route and your live location as you walk) to avoid any wrong turns
- Add your own photos and comments about the walk, and read other people’s experience
- Tag walks as Completed and Favourite on the App and website, to keep track of the walks you have walked and the walks that you love
CREATE YOUR OWN WALKS…
- Use the iFootpath App’s built-in GPS Tracker to track your own walking routes - see your route drawn live on the map while you are on the move
- Upload your route to iFootpath.com where you can use the bespoke visual GPS editor to correct any errors. Add photos and directions then share with the iFootpath community, family and friends
iFootpath is currently UK only
iFootpath does not include Ordnance Survey maps
Continued running of GPS in the background reduces battery life
For details visit iFootpath.com.
Any questions or feedback email email@example.com