Gems are messages you can leave and receive in real world places. Gems may be set to a specific place and time, and send an alert to the desired recipients when they are nearby. You can leave Gems for yourself or others to prompt action or act as a reminder of important places and events. Gems create connections between you, the people you care about, and the places you go by adding a personal dimension that overlays the world in which you live.
While many of us prefer to take the road less traveled, we are social beings who love to discover and share what is great, scary, ridiculous, or amazing with the people we care about. We also appreciate the advice and insight of those with whom we are closest. Gems help us connect and get closer, even when we are not physically close, and even as we strive to forge our own paths in the real world.
Gems may be used to ensure your safety and the security of your family unit, friend group, work cohort, student groups, etc. with check-in functionality that lets you notify your close ties that you are safe when prompted, or if you want to simply tell someone you're doing well. Also, each Gem you leave can be tagged with an emotion, so others have a sense of your feelings in the messages they receive. Gems enable so much more than simply "liking" a place or thing.
And for those of you who want to share more than just words, you can link Gems to audio, video, websites, or anything else online that adds another dimension to in-real-world experiences.
* Tag places in the real world for yourself and others.
* Make messages retrievable from everywhere (or any time) or from a precise position (at a set time).
* Recommend great places to friends.
* Color others' experiences with amazing facts, stories, or details.
* Set reminders to try something or someplace new.
* Leave notes detailing memories shared at special places.
* Set alerts notifying others of risks nearby.
* Check-in to tell your friends and family that you're okay.
* Attach sentiments to your messages to give them depth.
*Send messages to specified groups of people depending on where they are.
*Create a virtual tour to share with others.