- Setup SSID, password and Internet settings of your router.
- Block unauthorized users who are accessing your router.
- Manage permissions of client devices.
- Parental control function with schedule and URL-based Internet access management.
★ Compatible Routers
Archer C7 V1.0
Archer C7 V2.0
Archer C7 V3.0
Archer C5 V1.2
Many more routers supported by Tether are coming soon!
(Archer C9, Archer C8, Archer D9, Archer C2, Archer D2,…)
★ Important Notes
1. Only English firmware is supported.
2. Upgrade firmware is required. Go to the download page to choose the correct version and download the latest firmware: http://www.tp-link.com/en/support/download/
3. TP-LINK Tether does not work when connected to guest network.
4. TP-LINK Tether currently does not work with range extender.
5. Android version supported: Android 2.3.3 and above.
6. For any issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
● Setting up your Router with Tether
Straight out of the box, use Tether to set up your new TP-LINK router listed in the compatible products list above. Setup SSID, password and Internet settings to get online in no time!
● Live Network Management Access with Tether
Tether will give you an overview of who is connected to the router and let you see someone who shouldn’t be there. Tether lets you block them from your network at the touch of a button. Say goodbye to Wi-Fi thieving neighbors!
● Managing Administrators and online behaviors with Tether
Tether helps you with designating which of your devices or users gets to control the router and setting the permission that comes with it. With URL-based “white list”, you can choose for websites which are safe to visit (in doing so, access is only given to websites in the list), and meanwhile control and limit access to the network to certain time of the day for your children’s devices. So bed time means bed time!
Try out a set of included demos as well:
• Earth: Fly where your fancy takes you on Google Earth.
• Tour Guide: Visit Versailles with a local guide.
• YouTube: Watch popular YouTube videos on a massive screen.
• Exhibit: Examine cultural artifacts from every angle.
• Photo Sphere: Look around the photo spheres you've captured.
• Windy Day: Follow the story (and the hat) in this interactive animated short from Spotlight Stories.
To fully enjoy this app you'll need a Cardboard viewer. Learn more and get your own Cardboard viewer at http://g.co/cardboard. Share your experience through our Google+ community at http://g.co/cardboarddevs.
Do not use this app while driving, walking, or otherwise by being distracted or disoriented from real world situations that prevent you from obeying traffic or safety laws.
MX Player - The best way to enjoy your movies.
** IMPORTANT NOTICE: This is a software component for MX Player, therefore, MX Player has to be installed first. MX Player will test your device and show you the best matching Codec automatically if necessary. You do not need to install Codecs unless MX Player asks you to do so.
NOTE 1: You need the latest version of SL installed to use this plugin. Please don't complain if you are using a illegal version!
NOTE 2: Samsung talkback issue:
Android Apps settings –> All Apps -> Samsung TTS engine -> Disable.
NOTE 3: In android there is no way to intercept notifications, we can only use an accessibility service as workaround. Doing this require some additional permission. I encourage you to check it from yourself on google, otherwise if you don't trust me please don't install this app.
You can connect from any computers or tablets or even game console. Access Point is infrastructure mode with WPA2 security. FoxFi usage is covered under the same phone data plan you have and no tether plan needed. This saves you $20/month from your carrier.
Currently WiFi mode may not support some phone models and we are working to expand the supported list. However Bluetooth/USB mode works for all phones. To check and see if WiFi mode can be supported on your phone visit http://foxfi.com/devices
Again you do NOT need a tether plan or root your phone (otherwise you do not need our software). It WiFi mode prompts you to call your carrier that means FoxFi has failed and you should use USB mode or Bluetooth mode instead.
*If you have T-mobile, you should use USB mode with "Hide Tether Usage" enabled.
*Sprint and AT&T has blocked the original FoxFi from Market. If you get error installing please use the second link from http://pdanet.co/android
*Starting from Android 4.1 carriers have locked-down the WiFi hotspot feature on most phones, to work around that FoxFi will ask you to install a "FoxFi certificate" on those phones. The side effect is that Android system will require you to set a screen lock when any security settings is changed. For some models there may be a way to remove the lock screen while keeping the certificate. Please see details at http://pdanet.co/wifi
-- Android 4.4 will also show a warning message that says "Your network usage may be monitored" as a result of installing the "FoxFi Certificate". You can safely ignore this warning because the FoxFi certificate can not be used outside of turning on hotspot.
-- If the screen lock or the monitor warning bothers you, you can actually remove the "FoxFi certificate" as soon as WiFi hotspot is ready (the certificate, as well as the VPN, is only needed during the "turning on" period). See steps below.
--To remove the FoxFi certificate, select "Clear Credentials" from phone security Settings (this removes ONLY the FoxFi certificate, all the stocked certificates will stay). If "Clear Credentials" is disabled, open the list of certificates and select the "User" tab, then open the FoxFi Certificate and scroll down to remove. Only after that your phone will allow you to set screen lock to "None".
*AT&T Galaxy/Note phones: WiFi mode is now blocked if you updated to 4.3. Please use USB/BT mode.
*The free version has a usage limit that requires you to restart FoxFi to continue using free mode. You can purchase the full version key to unlock this.
Here are some tips to help your usage:
1. On some models if you run into WiFi problem after using the Hotspot, simply reboot your phone and rename the hotspot before activating to clear the issue.
2. For some Samsung phones if your computer is not able to get an IP address, try to turn on WiFi on the phone first and make sure it does not connect to any WiFi network, then turn on FoxFi.
3. FoxFi is tested on non-rooted phones. If your phone has a rooted ROM it may or may not work.
4. When WiFi hotspot is activated you may also see a hotspot notification of the built-in WiFi hotspot feature. Please ignore it. As long as you do not sign up for a tether plan you won't be charged.
5. If you enter or change the hotspot password, make sure you rename the hotspot also before activating.
6. Sometimes Windows need a "repair" on the WiFi menu to get a correct IP address.