This app is for ophthalmologists to quickly and easily refer patients to the Registry of Advanced Diabetic Retinopathy (RADAR).
Past research has established a link between genetics and the development and progression of diabetic retinopathy. RADAR is building a repository of DNA samples from individuals with visual loss due to complications of both T1DM and T2DM to investigate what are the factors leading to poor visual outcomes from Diabetes.
Once we receive the patient’s information from your referral, which includes their interest in being involved, we will contact them to arrange their participation.
RADAR will recruit any patient with diabetic retinopathy who has required treatment with either laser, intravitreal injections or vitrectomy.
The app contains more information about RADAR and the eligibility of patients.
Features of this app:
- "Refer" is for providing Referrer and Referral details to RADAR
- Contact details of the referrer are required and are only entered once
- Referrals are sent in a simple form after the patient has agreed to be involved
- If the device is not connected to a network the referral details will be stored and sent later when the app is connected
- "About" contains information about RADAR, entry criteria and the app
- "Contact" has details to contact RADAR if required