A high battery drain is often a limiting factor for a great user experience.
With BetterBatteryStats you can analyse the behavior of your phone, find applications causing the phone to drain battery while it is supposed to be asleep and measure the effect of corrective actions:
- Spot drainers based on detailed information about the root cause
- measure the effect of actions to reduce drain, following a simple method
- detect changes in the awake/sleep profile and quickly find the causes (rogue apps)
In other words BetterBatteryStats helps you gettings the best experience with your smartphone.
Please don't use the rating system for support. In case of issues or for any question or suggestion please contact me by e-mail or use the contact information from the about box.
If you experience problems with your superuser app keeping asking to grant su rights don't blame BetterBatterStats but try another superuser app instead.
Keywords: better battery stats, wakelock, kernel wakelock, partial wakelock, reduce battery drain, optimize battery life, save battery, battery drain, saving battery, network stats, alarms, CPU states
- android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE is used only for writing dumps to the SD. In case you don't need that feature please feel free to revoke that permission. It won't have any side effect besides disabling that feature
- android.permission.BATTERY_STATS is obviously the permission to access the internal statistics and can not be revoked without making the app unusable (from Kitkat on BBS will have to be installed as a system app to access this permission)
- android.permission.DUMP from Kitkat on BBS can be installed as a system app to access this permission. It is required to access dumpsys without root for a better performance
- android.permission.INTERNET is required to access the online Knowledge-Base. You can revoke this permission
- android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE This permission can be revoked
- android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED is required for cleaning references. Revoking this permission may affect the results of kernel wakelocks and custom reference until new references were saved
- android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE is required to detect when the phone was turned on/off in order to store references for advanced diagnosis
- android.permission.DEVICE_POWER is required to detect when the phone is disconnected from the charger and store the corresponding kernel wakelock reference. Revoking this permission will lead to losing "since unplugged"
- android.permission.BLUETOOTH is required to fix a bug where the communication to the batteryinfo service stops working
- android.permission.READ_LOGS is required to allow logcat dumps to be saved. You can revoke this right and will lose only the ability to save logcats
BetterBatteryStats is open source so you can inspect/review/contribute and submit issues or feature requests. Please check the about dialog for further details.
Many Android tasks run slower than they should for one simple, yet not-so-obvious reason: they consume large amounts of random data from a limited source. Random data is used to generate session keys and unique identifiers, in SSL and wifi, while starting processes, and during inter-process communication.
This data (entropy) runs out frequently, and that causes processes reading from the blocking device (if any) to temporarily stop responding (lag). These processes cannot continue until the Linux kernel repopulates the entropy pool, which takes time. In addition, input events are pulled from the user interface (to refill the pool), which may also contribute to the problem.
Seeder is a service for root users. It assists the kernel in "topping off" the entropy pool by re-seeding it with data from the non-blocking (high performance) random device. Optionally, it can also help alleviate MMC I/O contention by extending the I/O queue, allowing the I/O scheduler to make better decisions, and combine more writes.
On some devices, applications load significantly faster (particularly large ones like Facebook, Chrome, and Youtube), and task switching becomes effortless. Fewer visual "hiccups" occur.
You MUST be running a rooted device to use this application! If you don't know what this means, Seeder will probably not work on your device!
** Note **
This app does not increase raw performance, but rather eliminates some types of annoying lag (ie. applications briefly freezing, jerky scrolling, delays returning to the home screen, etc). The effect seems to be more noticeable the longer the device has been running prior to activating the RNG service.
Google's efforts to optimize newer builds of Android have been substantial, and Seeder has less effect on Android 4.0+ (though many users still report improvement).
Bug reports are greatly appreciated. If you have any trouble with the application, please send an email before leaving a review. If during testing you find that Seeder does not noticeably reduce lag on your device, please email me for a refund!
CellMapper works on both tablets (with or without a cellular radio) and cell phones. The map is available in Android 2.2 or later due to Maps API only supporting this version of Android or later.
- Displays map of mapped (or calculated) towers, and currently connected tower
- Read GSM/UMTS/LTE band and ARFCN/EARFCN/UARFCN on Samsung devices (root required for 4.2+ devices)
- Dual SIM support for Mediatek, Qualcomm, and Samsung Duos devices
- Displays advanced CellID info (LTE: RSRP, RSRQ, SNR, CQI, Timing Advance for LTE-TDD. CDMA: ECIO, EVDO ECIO, SNR. UMTS: PSC)
- Advanced processing of data if is uploaded to the site (per sector coverage of cell tower, signal trails, advanced cell tower location triangulation) (optional)
- Local calculation of cell tower points (enable feature in Change Provider dialog)
- Support for both Google Maps and OpenStreetMaps
Note: The data on the site and within the app is generated shortly after it is uploaded Locally calculated (less accurate) data is available instantly from within the app.
Currently supported networks:
- CDMA (limited, many phones do not implement the API correctly)
To start contributing, simply go into the Settings screen and enable "Live Upload." Once this is enabled, simple press the home button and CellMapper will run in the background and send data as you move. You can always close CellMapper by using the menu and selecting exit on the main screen.
Alternatively, you can use "Upload and Statistics" screen to upload data at any time later on through wifi.
View your results at CellMapper.net
Why does CellMapper need so many permissions?
android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION - To get CellID information
android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - To get GPS location
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - To get Cellular network informaion
android.permission.INTERNET - To connect to server to download map data / upload data
android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - To write external CSV file if no internet connection
android.permission.READ_LOGS - To read Samsung Field Test Mode data on Android 4.1 and earlier (despite what the dialog says, I can't read your browsing history unless your browser write it to the system log)
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE - To read info about airplane mode / network settings
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - To start at boot time (if enabled)
android.permission.VIBRATE - To vibrate on CellID change (if enabled)
android.permission.WAKE_LOCK - For phones that do not support 4.2+ CellID Support, to ensure they report correct data
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - To write external CSV file if no internet connection
This app only requires root access if you enable this feature under settings for Samsung field test mode data reading on Android 4.2+
DEVELOPEMENT STOPPED on 02-2014 for health issues :(
APP SOURCES ON SALE! --- APP SOURCES ON SALE!
APP ACQUIRED BY ASSEMBLER-COMPUTER GROUP ITALY
This app can detect hardware of 2010-early2014 devices, it's a nice tool to identify a clone.
your Android device. Just swipe and see the following useful info of your device.
- Battery: Battery level, charging status.
- CPU Detail: Processor type, architecture, hardware info.
- Screen Display: Display size, density and orientation.
- RAM: Total size, used memory, free space.
- Device Model: Model name, manufacturer, build time, brand, etc.
- SIM: IMEI number, IMSI number, operator detail.
- Operating System: Version name, SDK number, release number.
- Storage Info: Internal and External memory detail.
Best and Easy to use.
All Screen Supported.
Other options include the ability to change the graph location, duration, color, transparency, and size. Note that the system may kill the graph service at any time. To restart the graph you must restart the Intel® Mobile Performance Viewer for Android* application
The tool collects the following metrics:
- CPU usage
- Memory usage
- Network I/O
On rooted devices you may also collect system wide data, show the data by CPU when possible and analyze the following metrics, depending on the architecture:
- CPU Cycles
- Cache Misses
- Branch Misses
- Bus Cycles
- Instructions Retired
- Context switches
- Page Faults
- CPU Migrations
Recap is the most comprehensive vulnerability scanner for Android devices on the market. Unlike antivirus software which scan for infected applications, Recap goes further with over 2800+ checks to address System and Application vulnerabilities that exist in the original code such as buffer overflows, malicious input, memory corruption, insecure permissions among others and provides actionable references for resolution.
Enterprise organizations are using Recap to maximize coverage of identifying inherent vulnerabilities on mobile devices including handsets and tablets.
Audit your devices to identify vulnerabilities that attackers and malicious online services can exploit to gain unauthorized access to your device information.
A well-defined real world threat rating (based on NIST-CVE) that correlates the vulnerability with exploitability.
Notable Features in this release:
Reporting: Graphical categorization and prioritization of findings along detailed listing of detected vulnerabilities. Extensive Vulnerability Database: Searchable database with over 2800 vulnerabilities providing a wealth of information with references for mitigation. Malicious event monitoring: new feature to monitor for suspicious activities such as high CPU utilization and root compromise!
Enterprise Device Compliance: The Recap Enterprise Dashboard and Reporting collects device information to further analyze threat events provide a comprehensive view of the mobile devices in your enterprise environment. For additional information you can contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What CPU your phone is using?
- Your Android SDK version?
- Your screen resolution?
- Your battery temperature?
- The amount of RAM your phone has?
- What sensors your phone has?
- The cell towers around you?
- Your IP address?
- The parameters of nearby Wifi hotspots?
- Your current coordinates?
- GPS satellites that your phone has connected to?
Discover the above details and more about your phone when you download and install KnowThyPhone!
- SoC (System On Chip) name, architecture, clock speed for each core ;
- System information : device brand & model, screen resolution, RAM, storage.;
- Battery information : level, status, temperature ;
I have really missed graphs of system status from android. I wanted something like you have in task manager on windows, or widgets on my KDE desktop. When I found nothing like that, I decided to write one, here it is.
Usemon is a simple application for monitoring usage of system resources. It displays graphs of CPU, RAM, and network usage. (For dual and quad core devices per core stats are supported.) No root needed. It is extremely lightweight, because it gets these data directly from the kernel. It can show permanent statusbar notifications of these too (when enabled). It support devices running android 4.0 and higher, thanks to that it integrates well into the holo themed system.
- Monitoring CPU, RAM, network, disk and GPU (adreno only) usage
- Every data is logged
- If the screen is off, battery usage is minimized
- It can show network download, and upload rate separately
- Widgets are included, they are capable of displaying CPU, RAM or network usage
- Statusbar notifcations you can check anytime
- Colored graphs makes it easy to identify witch graph represent the information you are looking for
It also allows user to email those information to their desired email addresses.
Device Info provides information related to
* Hardware information
* Software information
* Network information
* Display information
* Battery information
There are only two permissions required for Device info.
READ_PHONE_STATE :This permission is required for displaying information such as SIM serial number and IMEI number of the device.
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE : This Permission is required for exporting device information to create HTML file on storage card.
Device info user interface is quite simple and easy to use. In case you encounter any issues or if you have any suggestions to make to improve this app . Then please use send feedback button from menu to send your queries to us,.
GCC Data Collection is designed to operate offline without a cellular/wi-fi connection during the data collection effort. Once back in network coverage, the filled-in forms can be copied off the device for analysis.
The data can be written to the SD card (CSV, KML - GoogleEarth format) and it can also be uploaded to http://signalcoverage-locked.rhcloud.com
Keep in mind that - depending on your settings - tracking might consume a lot of cell phone power.
If you want to extend the app, feel free to contribute or fork the project from
본 앱은 루트권한이 있어야만 동작하니
루팅된 유저만 사용하시기 바랍니다.
그리고 busybox를 필요로합니다.
없으시다면 마켓에서 설치해주시기 바랍니다.
※이 어플은 안드로이드 4.1 젤리빈에 최적화되어있습니다.
(지원 OS는 진저브레드~젤리빈)
-한방 순삭 불필요한 시스템 앱 날리기
-화면 밀도(Dpi) 조절
-한국 GPS 서버 변경
★삭제되는 시스템 어플 목록 :
Nexus Tools (넥서스 툴즈 / 넥툴)을 만들게 된 목적은 롬을 올리고나서 일일이 필요없는 시스템 앱들을 지우기 귀찮아서 '한방에 날리도록 하자!'해서 어플로 만들게 되었습니다.
차후, 다른 기종들을 대비해서 계속적으로 삭제할 앱들을 추가/제외할 것이니 많은 피드백 부탁드립니다^^.
그리고 위의 기능들 외에도 여러 편의 기능들을 차차 추가할 계획입니다!
※ 정식 지원 기기 목록 :
-갤럭시넥서스 (4.0 / 4.1+)
-넥서스S (2.3 / 4.0 / 4.1+)
-넥서스원 (2.3 / ?)
-옵티머스 2X (2.3 / ?)
(기능들은 그 외 기기에서도 작동합니다.)
차후, 레퍼런스를 중심으로 지원 기기들을 더 늘릴 것입니다.
This app allows you to:
(1) Learn shapes and colours through a simple flashcard interface
(2) Practice what you learn through an interactive test
-- NOTE --
This part of the app is powered by Vuforia(™) from Qualcomm, which requires users to read and accept an EULA (End-User License Agreement) that allows NON-PERSONAL data (device's model, OS version, etc.) to be collected by Qualcomm to enhance its products and services for users.
(3) Self-improve by showing you test results/scores
Keywords: Shapes, colors, education, kids, children, learn, augmented reality
User is also able to configure the following when getting location:
- min. distance - minimum time interval between location updates, in milliseconds
- min. time - minimum distance between location updates, in meters
-- NOTE --
This app uses the free OpenCV library and package. You will be prompt to install one or two library apps upon your first use only.
Depending on your device, after installing the OpenCV Manager app, you may be prompt again to install another library package.
(ie. "OCV 2.4 pack NVIDIA Terga", "OCV 2.4 pack armeabi", etc.)
This app also allows you to:
(1) View picture you capture with any of your favourite Android gallery app you have installed.
(2) Instantly share any picture you just capture conveniently without going to a gallery app first.
Q: I see a black screen after installing the library app. What do I do?
A: You should be prompt to restart the app. If not, please manually restart the app.
(Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> Instant Effect Camera -> Force Stop)
Q: How do I change the default app to view and share my picture?
A: You can clear the default by going to the application setting screen. Then, next time you will be prompt to select another app as default.
For example, if you want to clear the Gallery app as the default to view your picture. You go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> All -> Gallery -> Clear defaults.