Please note that if your device doesn't support OpenGL ES 2.0 or better this application will render the content using the fixed pipeline of OpenGL ES 1.0.
- Fixed pipeline rendering or shader rendering depending on hardware support (OpenGL ES 1.0 or 2.0).
- Vertex and fragment shader editing, loading, saving and compiling.
- Show compilation log.
- Wavefront obj format importer (non triangle meshes are automatically triangulated). It is hardly recommended to have the normal information in the obj files as it is not automatically calculated.
- Scene management: Perspective/Orthogonal projection, autorotate camera, backface culling and clear color.
- Lighting management: enabled/disabled, position, ambient, diffuse and specular up to four lights.
- Material management: ambient, diffuse, specular, emission and up to six textures.
- Uniform management being able to set data to uniforms of the following types: bool, int, float, vec2, vec3 and vec4.
- The user can hide the tools panel to get a bigger (and more confortable) render of the model.
- The model is centered in the scene.
- Generates an association to obj files to be able to open them directly from an e-amil attachment or a file browser (using the mimetype "application/x-tgif").
"Shader Devel and 3D Viewer" searches for data in the following paths of your external storage:
- /ShaderDevel/objects -> 3D models with "obj" extension.
- /ShaderDevel/textures -> image files to use as texture.
- /ShaderDevel/shaders -> text shader files with "vert" extension for vertex shaders and "frag" for fragment shaders. This path is also used to save the shaders.
It is recommended to read carefully the samples, specially "lighting" sample to understand the default attributes (position, normal and texture coordinates) and uniforms (such as projection, modelview and normal matrices, lighting and material information) passed to the shader.
This application requests the following permissions:
- External storage access for reading data and writing the shaders developed within.
- Internet access to download the ads. If you like this software, please consider clicking on the ads to support it.
This software has been tested on Toshiba folio 100 and Samsung Galaxy S (OpenGL ES 2.0) and HTC tattoo with CyanogenMod 7 (ginger based with openGL 1.1).
If you have any problem loading your obj model in the application, don't hesitate sending me an e-mail with you obj file attached to be able to debug it. Also feel free to send me any question, request or wishlist about this application to my e-mail.
KEYWORDS: shader, shader devel, shader development, shader editor, development, editor, game devel, 3D model, model viewer, 3D viewer, viewer, openGL, openGL ES, GLSL. wavefront obj, obj file, obj model, wavefront obj model, obj renderer, obj file reader, obj file viewer
Inspired by Inigo Quilez's ShaderToy, and includes some of his shaders:
Requires Android 2.2 and OpenGL ES 2.0 hardware.
Tested on Motorola Droid, Xoom, NVIDIA Tegra 2.
Hardware keyboard recommended.
• Comes preloaded with sample content
• Import .obj model files
• Apply jpg/png textures
• Rotate models in 3D space
• Zoom in and out with pinch gestures
• Toggle textures, lighting, and wireframes
• Modify lighting color, brightness, directionality, and position
If you run into any issues, feel free to send me an email!
Solid Tech Catalog: http://sldtech.com/pdf/STI-Product-Catalog.pdf
For more information about our 3D Printers, or to print a model, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
* Built in file browser
* View Binary and ASCII STL files, with smooth pan, rotate and zoom (drag and pinch) and reset to home position
* Email a model to SolidTech for a free 3D print quotation
* Works in portrait or landscape mode
* Show the facets, vertices, XYZ axes and a bounding box or any combination
* Select model colour
* Reset model to start size, rotation and position
* Save a screenshot of your model to a PNG file
* View model stats (file name, type, size, number of facets, volume, loading time in milliseconds)
* User settings automatically saved
* Remembers last folder viewed and returns there on startup
* Invert normals.
The Pro version is now free! Go Pro for everything in this version PLUS load and view point clouds and convert ASCII files to binary.
ViewER allows configuring of local paths to model storage locations (the default path is a root SD Card), including cloud shared locations such as Dropbox, although the most optimal performance is with models stored locally on an Android device.
ViewER supports the standard set of user manipulations, such as PAN, ZOOM, ROTATE and FIT.
Graphite's user interface is built upon the Android 4 interface and includes well known gestures for simple model navigation. You can also customize the viewing space to fit with your own 3D printer. Scale the virtual groundplane to the size of your printer and you instantly know how big your print is going to be. In GCode mode you can step through all printing layers and display empty printing paths.
Graphite's functions include:
* Open STL and GCode files, directly from webbrowsers, dropbox, email apps and more
* Intuitive Material design
* GCode viewer (View the printing paths of your 3D printer)
* Wire frame view, solid edge view
* Anaglyph 3D for red-blue glasses
* Save screenshots of your models
* Simple model editing functions: move, scale, rotate
* Phone and Tablet optimized
* Ad supported, opt-out through in-app purchase
If you have trouble opening certain files, feel free to contact us at: rootzerogames [at] gmail [dot] com
This application is very useful as it finds 3D models based on keywords within the title and / or description. It also uses several web repositories of reference where to find them.
Very useful especially for those with a 3D printer and need to find 3D objects.
For any recommendation, advice, improvement or failure detection, please send an email to email@example.com