Please note that if your device doesn't support OpenGL ES 2.0 or better this application will render the content using the fixed pipeline of OpenGL ES 1.0.
- Fixed pipeline rendering or shader rendering depending on hardware support (OpenGL ES 1.0 or 2.0).
- Vertex and fragment shader editing, loading, saving and compiling.
- Show compilation log.
- Wavefront obj format importer (non triangle meshes are automatically triangulated). It is hardly recommended to have the normal information in the obj files as it is not automatically calculated.
- Scene management: Perspective/Orthogonal projection, autorotate camera, backface culling and clear color.
- Lighting management: enabled/disabled, position, ambient, diffuse and specular up to four lights.
- Material management: ambient, diffuse, specular, emission and up to six textures.
- Uniform management being able to set data to uniforms of the following types: bool, int, float, vec2, vec3 and vec4.
- The user can hide the tools panel to get a bigger (and more confortable) render of the model.
- The model is centered in the scene.
- Generates an association to obj files to be able to open them directly from an e-amil attachment or a file browser (using the mimetype "application/x-tgif").
"Shader Devel and 3D Viewer" searches for data in the following paths of your external storage:
- /ShaderDevel/objects -> 3D models with "obj" extension.
- /ShaderDevel/textures -> image files to use as texture.
- /ShaderDevel/shaders -> text shader files with "vert" extension for vertex shaders and "frag" for fragment shaders. This path is also used to save the shaders.
It is recommended to read carefully the samples, specially "lighting" sample to understand the default attributes (position, normal and texture coordinates) and uniforms (such as projection, modelview and normal matrices, lighting and material information) passed to the shader.
This application requests the following permissions:
- External storage access for reading data and writing the shaders developed within.
- Internet access to download the ads. If you like this software, please consider clicking on the ads to support it.
This software has been tested on Toshiba folio 100 and Samsung Galaxy S (OpenGL ES 2.0) and HTC tattoo with CyanogenMod 7 (ginger based with openGL 1.1).
If you have any problem loading your obj model in the application, don't hesitate sending me an e-mail with you obj file attached to be able to debug it. Also feel free to send me any question, request or wishlist about this application to my e-mail.
KEYWORDS: shader, shader devel, shader development, shader editor, development, editor, game devel, 3D model, model viewer, 3D viewer, viewer, openGL, openGL ES, GLSL. wavefront obj, obj file, obj model, wavefront obj model, obj renderer, obj file reader, obj file viewer
Inspired by Inigo Quilez's ShaderToy, and includes some of his shaders:
Requires Android 2.2 and OpenGL ES 2.0 hardware.
Tested on Motorola Droid, Xoom, NVIDIA Tegra 2.
Hardware keyboard recommended.