** Android 4.3 and higher currently is not tested in full. **
** HTC Users, due to system file protection, S-OFF is required (can works with S-ON for new phones) **
TimeZone Fixer is a small program which updates Android timezone files to the latest version (see "What's new" section). It is useful if the time zone changed in your area, or Daylight Saving Time has been abandoned or adopted.
Refreshed with Material design, a simple world clock right on your home screen exactly the way you want it.
Custom Time zone
Custom Background color
Custom label, text size and color
Set application shortcuts by tapping clock
To add this widget, simply long press on your home screen and select Simple World Clock Widget.
Some devices need different way to add widgets. Please check the manual of your device to add home screen widgets.
Comes with a handy map showing the locations of the timezones.
No need to worry about waking up your aunt in America or missing out on that online event set to start at 7PM EST. This app will give you a quick overview of the current time in the 4 commonly used timezones in America.
No need to get out your clunky world clock and having to manually set your desired location, simply open up US Timer and in a single glance get all the information you need.
This app was made on request for a Reddit user who had very few feature requests. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
1.Choose and add cities you wanted, if you want to know the time, date of any city.
2.Have the function of searching for cities.
3.If you want to add new city, you can click fork to cancel the other old.
4.The clock is beautiful, display white in the day, deep blue in the night.
This application is only usable from ClockSync 1.1.6 and later, it has no launcher icon or any user interface. Don't install unless instructed to do so by ClockSync.
Based on Joda Time 2.0 library and Olson tz database this app provides up to date information on time zones, offsets and daylight time saving transition rules to ClockSync. It works as a service started on demand and queried by ClockSync.
Most Android devices have outdated 2010k version of this data used by the system. In some countries time zone offsets and daylight saving time to standard time transition rules have changed recently, it means that your phone may show incorrect time or switch to incorrect offset making you late for some important event. Russia, Belorussia and some other countries are suffering from the outdated zoneinfo on Android phones. This database is intended to solve the problem.
Since not all ClockSync users can benefit from it and because the size of the data is more than 2x times the size of ClockSync itself, I made it a separate application, keeping ClockSync distribution size small and making it possible to install the database on demand and to the SD card.
To use this database you need to enable "Offline database" option in ClockSync time zone settings and select your time zone from the suggested list of ~400 canonical time zone identifiers. When this option is enabled, ClockSync will set time zone according to the rules from the database instead of your system, it also includes transitions from daylight saving time to standard time and back if applicable for the selected time zone.
I plan to keep this database updated and synchronized with the upcoming Olson tz database releases, so that you can be sure that your device is always using up to date time zones.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to contact me by e-mail.
NOTE: may take 10-15 seconds till ClockSync recognizes that the database is installed.
3D World Time displays the current time around the globe.
Cities are yellow if currently in daylight or blue if in the dark. The line length is proportional to the city population.
Spin the globe and pinch to zoom.
OPTIONAL: In app payment to remove the advert and support dev.
(If you have any issue please email your device, OS version and full description of the problem).
Galaxy Time Zone Fix allows you to disable the "Automatic Time Zone" setting and set your time zone manually. User interface is the same as Honeycomb settings, making it easy to use.
*** This app does nothing on it's own. DashClock by Roman Nurik is required to use this! ***
- Added About dialog
- Released source on GitHub
- Increased icon resolution
- Fixed 'medium time' in format creator not changing anything
- Simplified time format selector
- Separate settings for each extension
- Ability to enter your own format
- Times now get updated in real time
- Using Joda-Time for better time zone calculation
- Fixed daylight savings issue
- New and many more timezone labels. As a result, you will have to reselect your timezones for each extension. Other settings should remain unchanged. Sorry for the inconvenience!
- Up to 3 time zones can now be selected.
- Added "Use System Information" option in Settings. This will automatically format date and time accordingly. Enabled by default.
OK! Please set in "London", the time zone of TiZo.
TiZo have two face dial, and show you time of two time zone.
It is only that much, but it is quite useful when you want to watch big events overseas on TV.
You can choose time zone from about 130 cities.
Day/night indicator option represents the approximate time by symbol of sun and moon. This is not moon phase.
Sound option plays tick-tack noise like mechanical clock.
TiZo have subscreen that converts time in two time zones.
This screen is very similar to the main screen, but the dial can be dragged.
To change the time, please trace the finger twirling the dial.
You can move the minute hand of a clock.
If necessary, you can set a reminder to the time.
To change the date, tap the date(e.g."4/10/2013"), please. Date picker is appear.
Android 4.0 or higher can call calendar-app and write a event.
(It is necessary to set the calendar-app for that. And this feature, not be able to uses in some models.)
This app allows to call built-in calendar-app. What has been written may be synchronize,public and share based on the settings of calendar-app.
We recommend that you use from make sure to check the settings of calendar-app.
This app, which has been prepared to convert the time as accurately as possible.
That the system or changes in daylight saving time in each country, will be converted incorrectly may occur.
Please acknowledge it.
GalaxyS(SC-02B) SAMSUNG [Android2.3.6]
Galaxy Nexus(SC-04D) SAMSUNG [Android4.2.2]
Nexus7(2012) ASUS [Android4.4.4]
Nexus7(2013) ASUS [Android4.4.4]
This is not guarantee successful normal operation. Please note.
You can even choose different date format also from the settings.
There are ninety six timezone supported by this app. To make it easier for the user, Time Converter does not display all the timezone in the drop down option. It is left up to user which timezone they want in the main screen. You can easily configure this in the Add More Timezone page which you can open by clicking on the "Add More Timezone" button on the main screen.
ClockSync synchronizes device system clock with atomic time from Internet via NTP (Network Time Protocol).
Useful if provider doesn't support NITZ, sends incorrect time or if your device/ROM has heavy clock drift.
There are 2 modes: automatic for root users and assisted manual mode for users without root (rootless mode).
Rootless mode features:
- automatic atomic time retrieval with configurable interval
- notification when offset exceeds user set threshold
- assisted manual synchronization with the hint what time/date to set
- precision between 1 and 30 seconds (because Android doesn't allow to set seconds)
- 1 second precision if your device resets seconds on Set (most Samsung and some HTC devices)
- Greenwich Time Signal assisted sync if device resets seconds
Root mode features:
- automatic sync with configurable interval
- accuracy is ~1-20ms depending on your connection and NTP server
- statistics (average drift per day, total time corrected)
Root is required because of Android security restrictions, vote for http://bit.ly/set_time_without_root if you want it to work without root, however Google has declined to fix it with the following comment:
"Hi, it is by design that applications can not change the time. There are many subtle aspects of security that can rely on the current time, such as certificate expiration, license management, etc. We do not want to allow third party applications to globally disrupt the system in this way." © some Google employee
- customizable NTP/SNTP server and timeout
- displays current date or time since last sync
- NTP server details dialog
- 3 color schemes (dark, light, default)
- 12-hour or 24-hour clock format
- time zone detection and adjustment based on geo location
- system time zone override with custom offset
- time zone management based on latest Olson tz database (zoneinfo)
- optional haptic feedback and sync notification
- clean and easy to use interface (tap screen values or use menu)
Don't have root? See http://bit.ly/phoneroot for the detailed instructions.
Don't want or can't root your device? You can still use ClockSync as your precise time source to adjust your watch or other clocks, or to verify how accurate your cell time is, or set time manually in rootless mode.
Move to SD is disabled because automatic synchronization (timers) will not work when app is moved, also app size is very small and since not all files are moved to SD in any case, it would not save you more than 50Kb.
If you get wrong time after synchronization, your phone time zone data is out of date, use http://bit.ly/tzupdate to fix it.
Issues, questions or suggestions? Please e-mail me, developers have no way to respond to Market comments.
I reply to every e-mail within one day maximum (usually instantly).
See http://bit.ly/clocksync for more information.
Google+ Community: http://bit.ly/cs-plus
Permissions explained for paranoid users:
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: used only for "Sync on boot" option
- VIBRATE: optional haptic feedback on tap and sync
- INTERNET: to get time from NTP servers, to get time zone from web services
- WAKE_LOCK: to perform background synchronization without being killed in the middle by the OS
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE: to sync only when network is available
- ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION: to get best location for time zone from location feature when GPS is on
- ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION: if GPS is off, network location is used
- SET_TIME_ZONE: to automatically set time zone depending on location or for manual override
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: new permission since 1.1.5, used for transparent overlay in rootless mode to show countdown updated every second
- ACCESS_SUPERUSER: for compatibility with SuperSU and Superuser applications, see http://bit.ly/su-permission