Specially crafted for tablets and phones, this app brings you breaking news and full access to the Guardian's award-winning content. Tailor your home screen with the sections that matter most to you, follow your favourite writers and stories for personal alerts, keep reading when you’re offline, and save content for as long as you like.
⚫ Stay up to date with live news and sport
⚫ Enjoy the full range of Guardian content, beautifully designed for Android tablets and phones
⚫ Read offline
⚫ Make it yours by choosing the sections and topics that appear on your home screen
⚫ Stay informed with breaking news alerts
⚫ Follow your favourite stories, series, writers and football teams for personal notifications
⚫ Browse award-winning audio, video and interactive content, as well as full-screen galleries - with stunning high-resolution images
⚫ Save any content you want to keep
⚫ Read comments on articles and share your own thoughts
⚫ Search by keyword, topic, series, section, or contributor
⚫ Upgrade to the premium tier for our crosswords, specially curated content, extracts from Guardian Books, and an advert-free experience
Please note: this app is totally free to use. If you choose to upgrade to the premium tier - £2.49 or local equivalent - your payment can be taken immediately and is processed by Google Play.
Location: users can choose to include their location when contributing to our stories via GuardianWitness. As such, we request the ‘Precise location’ app permission. Including this is optional when contributing.
⚫ Terms and conditions: http://www.theguardian.com/help/terms-of-service
Want to read Prince Edward Island’s provincial newspaper but you leave too early in the morning, travel a lot or you are going away on vacation? Or, maybe you just want to go paperless? The Guardian Digital edition is right for you! This app allows you to view a digital replica of the printed paper. Already a print subscriber? The Guardian is pleased to offer full access to the digital edition at no additional cost! Simply use your current print subscription account number to create your digital Smartedition username and password. Don’t know your current print subscription account number? Please contact our reader service department at firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover a new way to read The Guardian! Flip from page to page, pan and zoom in on any article, photo or ad. Crisp, bright and easy to use, you can now enjoy reading The Guardian whenever or wherever! Download your edition and take it to the gym, on the bus or on the plane!
Full feature list
- 14 day free trial period (initial subscription required)
- editions every day of the week including all content from the main sections of the Guardian and Observer newspapers
- on Saturday, Weekend magazine, the Guide and the Sport, Cultural Review, Travel, Family, Money and Work sections are all included along with the main section of the paper
- on Sunday, the Observer's news sections, Sport, New Review and Magazine all appear weekly, with Observer Food and Tech Monthly magazines included once each month
- crosswords: Quick and Cryptic puzzles every weekday
- editions from the last month available in the archive
- all article and picture content downloaded for reading offline
- stunning photojournalism and full screen cartoons
- in-article image galleries
- video embedded in articles viewable when online
- share stories via Facebook, Twitter, Instapaper, Google+ and email
- swipe to navigate between sections or stories
- related articles within the edition highlighted
- related online articles
Get unlimited information - With extended coverage on your news; with video clips, more pictures and text.
One login across your multiple devices
Digital Magazines, including the top Business Magazine in the country, the Business Guardian
Get immediate contact with advertisers through live web links – to emails and websites
The Independent Android app presents our latest content in a clear and informative layout, making it simple to navigate, read and share the latest stories, whether or not you are connected to the internet.
The following features are all in the FREE area of the app:
● Latest news, comment, features and sport: Updated throughout the day to ensure you can easily follow breaking stories
● Videos: Our new video gallery provides clips of the latest news and viral videos
● Puzzles: Tackle your favourite crosswords, sudokus and codewords directly in the app
● Weather: Up-to-date forecasts for the whole of the UK
● Social: Share your favourite stories with your social network
In the premium area of the app:
● E-editions: For a small subscription fee (below), read the pages of the latest edition of the newspaper, plus a 30-day archive, including every supplement, exactly as they were printed.
One-month subscription at ￡13
One-year subscription at ￡150
Subscription payments will be charged to your Google Play account. The subscription will auto-renew within 24 hours of the current subscription expiring. Auto-renewing subscriptions can be managed via Account Settings, allowing them to be turned off.
It puts all the news from the most popular environmental web sites and blogs with a spotlight on the Guardian’s Environment section into one beautiful little app. Find a news article, a photo or a stream you like? Share it with friends via Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, email or save it for later using Instapaper and Read it Later.
If you'd like to get in touch or need help, we are just a ping away at: @TaptuGreen or email@example.com
== Features ==
= Getting Streams =
* Finding Streams to Personalize the Taptu Guardian Environment: Plunge into our Environment News and you'll discover streams of your favorite blogs and news sources around the environment
= Environment DJ =
* Curate Your Own Mixed Streams: You can edit or DJ your own mixed streams for environmental news. Think of it as creating a playlist for your favorite content. You can build a stream from scratch, select and merge your favorite feeds from the list of available streams. You can even share your streams with your friends via Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin or email.
* Search in Streams: Have you added the Food stream and you want to find "vegetarian”? You can now search in any stream. What’s more you can save your search as a new Search Stream allowing you to follow all the things for “vegetarian” as they comes out.
= Viewing and Interacting with Streams =
* Two Ways to View - Quick View and Full Story View: Grab a quick summary of the news article or tap to read the full story.
* Share with Friends: Discover a story you're into? Share it with your friends by posting it on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin or by sending them an email. You can even save it for later using Instapaper or Read it Later.
* All types of Widgets: Lists, Cards and Stack widgets, even scrollable on Ice Cream Sandwich and Honeycomb. Customize the size, the color, the frequency they update.
== Feedback ==
Thanks for all of your feedback! If you'd like to get in touch or need help contact us on: @TaptuGreen or firstname.lastname@example.org
For all the latest news & exciting updates follow us on:
Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/MyTaptu
Twitter - http://twitter.com/taptu
Taptu Homepage - http://www.taptu.com
Full feature list:
- Browse open assignments
- View other people's contributions to see what everyone's saying and find inspiration
- Sign-in to submit video, photos, or text to assignments
- Access exclusive GuardianWitness competitions and assignments
- Send us ideas for stories and features
- Sign-in with Facebook, Twitter, or your existing Guardian ID
- View your list of contributions and their statuses
GuardianWitness is supported by EE, the first providers of 4G in Britain, who are transforming the way people share news, information and entertainment. 4G works up to five times faster than 3G so you can upload and download photos, videos and stories much more quickly than on traditional mobile networks.
To contribute, you need to login
To ensure that GuardianWitness is a safe place for everyone, every submission will be checked by our editorial team before it is made public. We reserve the right to reject any submission.
Features included in the App:
• Adjust text font size.
• Read articles Offline.
• Save your favorite articles.
• Share content with Android's built in sharing menu.
• Bandwidth friendly refresh button per section.
• Image caching saves bandwidth.
Free to download but you'll need to purchase a subscription in app.
Look by yourself into the secret cables being delivered by WikiLeaks. Now supports sharing by FACEBOOK and TWITTER and FULL TEXT searches inside the cables!
Its intuitive user interface allows you to perform simple queries and add cables you read to the favorite list.
- Visual: Get of all latest news from your favorite topics in a highly visual format.
- Smart: News Republic learns what you like and personalizes your news experience automatically.
- Complete: Enjoy complete articles with photos and videos from trusted sources
- Personal: Choose only the topics that are of interest to you, and personalize your home screen.
- In-depth: Explore related topics via Tag Nav™, our innovative news navigation system.
- Customizable: Add custom RSS feed sources from your favorite websites
Features hundreds of fully licensed partners including Reuters, Bloomberg, Huffington Post, TechCrunch and many more.
Get complete coverage on: National News, Technology, Politics, Sports, Entertainment and many more topics.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
“News Republic offers the cure for infobesity” CNET.
“If you love news, News Republic is the right app for you!” – AppDictions.
Best News App! – AppStorm.
News Republic is available in 9 regional editions - USA, UK, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, China, LatAm and International
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
PERSONALIZE > EXPLORE > GET ALERTED > SHARE > REACT > RESEARCH
Inform yourself - Get News Republic now!
Twitter - @newsrepublic
Facebook - facebook.com/pages/News.Republic
Watch - vimeo.com/channels/newsrepublic
* Newspaper list can be updated online
* Sort by "A-Z", "User" and "Frequently Read"
* Personalize the order of the newspapers by using up and down arrow or drag and drop.
* Show mobile or desktop version of the newspaper
* Add/Delete newspaper, magazine
* Adjustable font size
* Share the news
* Automatic cache delete
* Open with standard internet browser
* Update slowed it down!
- There are 2 mode of the application: Desktop and Mobile. Desktop version of the newspapers may take longer to load. Check which mode do you use on Settings page.
And of course it may differ based on newspaper's server load time and your network connection speed which we can't control them.
* How do I delete newspaper?
- Touch the star icon(favorites) on the top. Then touch the trash icon on the right side of the newspaper that you want to delete.
* How do I unfavorite newspaper?
- Touch the star icon(favorites) on the top. Then uncheck the newspaper that you do not want to see on the main page.
* Subscription only. You can see headlines of articles but can't read without subscribing.
- Some newspapers want subscription. We can do nothing for it but you can uncheck or delete the newspaper if you do not want to see on the list.
* Last update took my favorite newspapers from the top of the list.
- Go to settings page and select "Frequently Read". Default sort is A->Z.
* Which news / newspaper sources can I read?
- BBC News, Sky News, Daily Mail, The Sun, The Guardian...
* Any problem...
- Please contact us before any problem.
tags: The Guardian, guardian.co.uk, The Daily Mail, dailymail.co.uk, The Daily Telegraph, telegraph.co.uk, The Independent, independent.co.uk, Financial Times, ft.com, Daily Mirror, mirror.co.uk,
The Sun, thesun.co.uk, Metro, metro.co.uk, Daily Express, express.co.uk, The Times, timesonline.co.uk, Evening Standard, standard.co.uk, Belfast Telegraph , belfasttelegraph.co.uk, Daily Record, dailyrecord.co.uk, The Herald, heraldscotland.com, Daily Star, dailystar.co.uk, Al-Quds Al-Arabi, alquds.co.uk, Wales Online, walesonline.co.uk,
The Stage, thestage.co.uk, Manchester Evening News, manchestereveningnews.co.uk, News of the World, newsoftheworld.co.uk, City A.M., cityam.com, Eastern Daily Press, edp24.co.uk, The Yorkshire Post, yorkshirepost.co.uk, The Observer, observer.guardian.co.uk, Evening Times, eveningtimes.co.uk, The Press, yorkpress.co.uk, Liverpool Echo, liverpoolecho.co.uk, Yorkshire Evening Post, yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk, Lancashire Telegraph, lancashiretelegraph.co.uk, Evening Chronicle, chroniclelive.co.uk, The Northern Echo, thenorthernecho.co.uk, Cambridge Evening News, cambridge-news.co.uk, The Irish News, irishnews.com, Express & Star, expressandstar.com, The Courier, thecourier.co.uk, The Mail on Sunday, mailonsunday.co.uk, The Press & Journal, pressandjournal.co.uk, Coventry Telegraph, coventrytelegraph.net, Lancashire Evening Post, lep.co.uk, Shropshire Star, shropshirestar.com, The Argus, theargus.co.uk, Southern Daily Echo, dailyecho.co.uk, East Anglian Daily Times, eadt.co.uk, Bristol Post, bristolpost.co.uk, Birmingham Mail, birminghammail.co.uk, The Star, thestar.co.uk, The Daily Echo, bournemouthecho.co.uk, The Telegraph and Argus, thetelegraphandargus.co.uk, Evening Gazette, gazettelive.co.uk, The Bolton News, theboltonnews.co.uk, Oxford Mail, oxfordmail.co.uk, The Irish Post, irishpost.co.uk, The Morning Star, morningstaronline.co.uk, The News, portsmouth.co.uk, Oxford Star, thisisoxfordshire.co.uk, The Sentinel, stokesentinel.co.uk, Evening Express, eveningexpress.co.uk, The Journal, thejournal.co.uk, Nottingham Post, nottinghampost.com, Peterborough Evening Telegraph, peterboroughtoday.co.uk, Wigan Today, wigantoday.net, Harrow Times, harrowtimes.co.uk, The News Letter, newsletter.co.uk, South Wales Argus, southwalesargus.co.uk, Reading Evening Post, getreading.co.uk, Sunderland Echo, sunderlandecho.com, Daily Post, dailypost.co.uk, The Gazette, blackpoolgazette.co.uk, News and Star, newsandstar.co.uk, Evening Echo, echo-news.co.uk, Huddersfield Daily Examiner, examiner.co.uk, Leicester Mercury, leicestermercury.co.uk, The Westmorland Gazette, thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk, Shields Gazette, shieldsgazette.com, South Bucks Star, bucksfreepress.co.uk, Norwich Evening News, eveningnews24.co.uk, Evening Telegraph, eveningtelegraph.co.uk, Evening Courier, halifaxcourier.co.uk, The Herald, plymouthherald.co.uk, Worcester News, worcesternews.co.uk, Northampton Chronicle and Echo, northamptonchron.co.uk, Western Morning News, westernmorningnews.co.uk, Dorset Echo, dorsetecho.co.uk, Western Daily Press, westerndailypress.co.uk, The Oxford Times, oxfordtimes.co.uk, Watford Observer, watfordobserver.co.uk, Isle of Man Today, iomtoday.co.im, Kent and Sussex Courier, courier.co.uk, Swindon Advertiser, swindonadvertiser.co.uk, South Wales Evening Post, southwales-eveningpost.co.uk, Burton Mail, burtonmail.co.uk, Hendon and Finchley Times, times-series.co.uk, Isle of Wight County Press, iwcp.co.uk, Bury Times, burytimes.co.uk, Express & Echo, exeterexpressandecho.co.uk, North West Evening Mail, nwemail.co.uk, Western Telegraph, westerntelegraph.co.uk, The Citizen, gloucestercitizen.co.uk, Derry Journal, derryjournal.com, Maidenhead Advertiser, maidenhead-advertiser.co.uk, Jersey Evening Post, jerseyeveningpost.com, Croydon Guardian, croydonguardian.co.uk, Mansfield & Ashfield Chad, chad.co.uk, Hereford Times, herefordtimes.com, Derby Telegraph, derbytelegraph.co.uk