We offer the following degree programs: Master of Divinity, Master of Divinity with Emphasis in Church Planting, Master of Divinity/Master of Social Work, Master of Divinity/Juris Doctor, Master of Divinity/Master of Public Policy, Master of Arts, Master of Arts in Theology and Ministry, Master of Arts in Theological Studies, Master of Divinity or Master of Arts with Graduate Certificate in Urban Ministry, Master of Theology, and Doctor of Ministry (foci in Urban Change, Missional Leadership, Reformed, Parish, Science and Theology, Reformed Christian Spirituality, and Eastern Christian.
Additionally, the Seminary offers the Metro-Urban Institute, World Mission Initiative, Miller Summer Youth Institute, Church Planting Initiative, Continuing Education, and Zeitah Excavations. Community resources include the Kelso Museum of Near Eastern Archaeology (offering a significant collection of ancient Near Eastern and Palestinian pottery and artifacts brought together by travelers and archaeologists during the past 60 years) and the Clifford E. Barbour Library (holding the region’s largest theological collection).
Our resident and commuter students come from more than 30 states and represent more than 20 denominations. The faculty—the heart of the educational experience at PTS –continues in a tradition of academic strength, publication, and commitment to the church. A low faculty-to-student ratio encourages interaction that provides for mentoring relationships with professors. Our faculty is devoted to the scholarly, professional, and personal preparation of men and women for Christian service in the church.
In the past few years, The Economist Intelligence Unit, Forbes.com, and Places Rated Almanac have all ranked Pittsburgh at the top of their most livable cities lists. National Geographic Traveler named the ‘Burgh among the best places in the world to experience. The Seminary is located between Highland Park, which takes its name from the large city park less than one mile from PTS, and East Liberty, a business and residential district undergoing substantial renewal. The region is a stimulating place in which to live, study, and serve. The wealth of educational and employment options also make Pittsburgh a wonderful location for spouses and family members seeking opportunities close to the Seminary’s campus.
Learn more about Pittsburgh Theological Seminary online at www.pts.edu.
La APP Cuaresma Pascua, desarrollada por Medianil Comunicación para el Arzobispado de Valencia, ofrece contenidos para celebrar ambos tiempos litúrgicos acompañados con imágenes actuales de la Iglesia y de los Evangelios a través de obras representativas de la Historia del Arte. Los textos están elaborados para ofrecer la posibilidad al usuario de tener un tiempo de oración en medio de la actividad diaria, aportando una variedad de oraciones dirigidas a todos los públicos.
La aplicación Cuaresma Pascua contiene el Evangelio del día y el Santoral así como una reflexión desde las enseñanzas del Catecismo de la Iglesia Católica. Esta nueva herramienta de evangelización presenta diversas oraciones, también dirigidas a los más pequeños, así como reflexiones de los santos y una meditación personal en formato mp3 (audio).
• Receive daily prayers during the 40 days of Lent
• Participate in Lent Event, a growing movement of people inspired by the life and sacrifice of Christ
• Learn and be inspired by the life stories of our overseas church partners
• Make secure credit card donations
• Receive instant receipts to your device
• Share with others via Facebook and Twitter
• Learn how your support makes a difference through life-changing community development projects
How many times have you tried to give up chocolate? How many times have you failed! We think that there's another side of Lent, where we challenge ourselves to take up something positive.
Each day from Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday, you’ll get a short fact or story, a stunning photograph and the opportunity to give, act or pray to help end poverty or bring the #JoyofLent to others. You can take part on your own, or get your friends and church to join you.
This year, the app is available in two versions - the Christian Aid version and the Christian Aid Collective version, aimed at those lucky enough to be aged 16-25. You can choose which version you want to use after download.
Download the app today and help create a better world this Lent.
The Catholic Mega App is your one stop resource for all things Catholic. Come to the app daily for liturgy of the hours, daily mass readings, common prayers, and Order of the Mass.
Forgot your rosary? No problem...The app features a digital bead counting Rosary and Divine Mercy Chaplet.
Need to learn more about your faith? Check out the many links to news services, Busted Halo, ETWN, recommended books, and more.
Take notes in the prayer journal and save them to your device.
Connect with other app users on the prayer wall and discussion board.
Connect with the latest Catholic social media including the pope's twitter page, the USCCB Facebook page, EWTN's Pinterest page, and more.
Check out Catholic movie reviews, read the L'Osservatore Romano, and read about the saint of the day.
While on the car, utilize the Pray as You Go Podcasts integration.
Need inspiration? Check out the Catholic Art Gallery or listen to music.
Other features include a section on Pro Life Resources, major Catholic events, youth ministry section, national social and formation programs, and a youth ministry section.
With an "Improve this App" form on many pages, user input keeps this app growing and changing regularly.
The Catholic Mega App is everything you need for your Catholic spiritual journey.
And, it's FREE!
Laudate Dominum (Praise the Lord)
- Common Prayers
- New American Bible (NAB, NABRE)
- Digital Rosary Counter
- Order of the Mass
- Daily Readings
- Saint of the Day
- Liturgy of the Hours
- Catholic Bible and various other translations
- Pray as you Go Podcasts
- Stations of the Cross
- Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Busted Halo Integration
- Catholic News Service
- L'Osservatore Romano
- More news resources
- Pro Life Resources
- Art Gallery
- Photo Capture
- Discussion Board
- Prayer Wall
- Push Notificatios
- Youth Ministry Section
- E-mail lilst
And, just for fun:
- tip calculator
- car finder
- mortgage calculator
Dated February 18 to March 29, 2015, for 40 days of united prayer.
Can be used before or beyond the 40 days—any day of the year.
Contains all the material in the 2015 edition of the best-selling prayer guide, Seek God for the City:
• The daily scriptures are different. The prayers are newly written, entirely different than last year's (2014) edition.
• Daily topics of hope building toward one of six weekly themes that will help you pray with passion for the renewal of God’s people and the fullness of Christ’s reconciling, transforming life in your city by the power of the gospel.
A practical, trusted tool:
• Freshly written prayer from both the Old and New Testament.
• Seek God for the City has gained the trust of leaders from many denominations and traditions over many years.
• A tool that has proven year after year to help ordinary Christians learn how to pray with greater confidence and relevant clarity.
• Practical for any kind of community: large cities or small towns.
Pray for everyone in town.
• Connect God's promises with the challenges of your community.
• Focus on the different groups of people that comprise any community, such as business people, educators, police, children, the homeless, sick people and many more.
• Prayerwalking ideas: Pray from your device as you prayerwalk your neighborhood.
Pray for the world.
Mention every country in the world, another continent each week. Each day lists a few countries so that at the end of forty days, you’ll have mentioned every country. If your device connects to the Internet, tapping on the country will take you to the country’s page of the Operation World website for more helpful info and, for many countries, videos that help you pray.
• Set reminders to help you remember to pray at the times and days that you choose.
• Personalize the app by marking your favorite prayers.
• Search for a prayer with a specific word, phrase, or scripture.
• Easily jump to "Today's Prayer" during the 40 days.
• Choose a prayer or have one randomly selected for you after the 40 days.
Previous user reviews:
“Tremendous guide to pray for your community. Fresh prayers from Scripture that get you in touch with the heart of God for your city.”
“Loved the app. It was so helpful because I always had it with me and could integrate it into my day.”
“Awesome app!!!!! Loved the country guides - made prayer for other nations very exciting.”
“I love having this great prayer guide with me all the time. I also love that I can mark my favorites and easily go back to them.”
“This is a wonderful app to help you pray for your community and beyond. The links to other prayer resources are a huge help to pray with insight as well.”
* Beautiful, realistic images
* TWO traditional methods, including a Franciscan method
* Audio option (convenient toggle button plays/stops audio for default method)
* 'Always accessible' prayers button for viewing selected English/Latin prayers (including the Stabat Mater)
* Three ways to navigate from station to station: Use the main menu, use 'next'/'previous' buttons - or iStations can navigate automatically when using the audio option (if desired)
* In app help
* Links for additional resources
This app is great for:
* Fridays (recall that Jesus was crucified on a Friday)
* Penitential times
* Times of suffering
* Times of temptation
* Before or after Confession
* Preparing to participate in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass
* Family devotions
* Daily meditation
* Contemplating our Lord's Passion
* Any other appropriate time+
[+ Please Note: This app is NOT for use in church]
Note: This app contains the 14 TRADITIONAL stations -- the same stations used by popes & saints for centuries, and the same stations traditionally pictured in Catholic churches throughout the world.
* * * * * * * * * *
App Feedback: We love to hear from you! Please send comments, questions, feature requests, etc. to us via our website or use the e-mail address provided on the help screen. Since we can't respond to messages left here, please be sure to contact us via e-mail or our website if you would like us to contact you back. Thank you.
* * * * * * * * * *
Opens to current days Reflection.
Ability to send SMS with share feature.
Calendar to keep track of meetings and speakers.
Ability to take notes.
Brightness adjusting capabilities.
Newly designed Search function.
If you need support for this app please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever been in a sticky situation where you’re in a restaurant and can’t read the small print on the restaurant menu? Let the best magnifying glass with flashlight (LED Torch Light) handle all your fine print reading needs. Simply turn on the magnifier and watch as it auto focuses the text, while providing you the ability to zoom in/out further.
Common Uses For Magnifier:
- Restaurant Menu Reader
- Medicine Bottles/Prescription Bottle Reader
- Serial Numbers From Back Of Device (TV’s, DVD, Refrigerator, etc.)
- High Contrast Mode
- Magnify Zoom from 1.0X – 5.0X.
- Save Captured Pictures In Library
Download our magnifying glass app, and you’ll be able to read even the tiniest print clearly. Finally, you’ll see everything big and clear. Best of all, you’ll stop blaming yourself for your imperfect eyesight. In addition, to getting the best magnifier, you’ll also get the brightest LED torch flashlight.
This all-in-one magnifying glass, flashlight, and camera snapshot app provides everything you need to read clearly.
★ Mother's day Recommended Apps! - by Google Korea
★ Best Apps! - by TheSmokingAndroid
★ Largest magnifying glass on the market
⊙ Magnifier (H/W, S/W)
⊙ Microscope (more fine image)
⊙ LED Flashlight
⊙ Macro Camera
⊙ Image Freezing
⊙ Embedded photo viewer
⊙ Image filters(Negative, Sepia, Mono)
⊙ WYSIWYG saves
⊙ & more
Do you have to remove your glasses to read a business card?
Do you have to carry a big magnifying glass to read the model number of a tiny semiconductor?
Do you use a microscope to observe legs of a tiny insect?
Do you want to take macro photos easily?
Fantastic solution is here!
Use your smartphone as a handy magnifying glass!
Use your smartphone as a handy microscope!
Use your smartphone as a handy macro camera!
- Live H/W magnification.
- Live S/W(x4) magnification.
- Taking magnified pictures.
- Continuous auto focus(If possible).
2. Freezing picture
- Freezing screen to see picture stably.
- Useful in a moving car.
- Useful to write a memo on paper.
- More fine picture than Magnifying glass mode.
- More zoom in.
- Zooming control bar.
- Pinching to zoom everywhere.
5. Picture Effects
- Support frequently used picture effects.(Negative, Sepia, Mono)
6. LED Flashlight
- Flashlight ON/OFF
- Volume-down button can toggle flashlight on and off also.
7. Taking pictures
- Taking pictures by pressing volume-up button or touching camera icon.
- Saving a picture by touching save icon.
- Support WYSIWYG(What You See Is What You Get) saving in microscope mode & freezing mode.
* The quality of the magnified image is depend on your phone's camera capabilities.
* Some devices can't use some functions.
* This is not a real microscope. ;)
* I have no responsibilities for the problems that caused by using this application. =)
On January 22 our nation will mark the 42nd anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the Supreme Court decision that made abortion legal throughout pregnancy in the U.S.
Since that tragic decision, more than 56 million children's lives have been lost to abortion, and many suffer that loss -- often in silence.
Join the bishops' novena for life with thousands of Catholics across the country who are coming together in prayer for a "culture of life" from Saturday, January 17 - Sunday, January 25!