Improve your mobile experience by easily converting your phone into a WiFi hotspot.
This widget was designed with user experience in mind, therefore design, simplicity and speed is the aim.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO AFTER YOU'VE INSTALLED IT:
Please note that this is a widget and NOT an application, so you will not see it listed on your application list (app drawer).
After you have installed this widget from the Google Play store, you will need to navigate to your widget list in order to place it on your home screen.
NOTE: You will need to configure the phone's hotspot setting before using this widget, if you haven't done so already.
HOW TO CONFIGURE THE HOTSPOT:
(Android Jelly Bean): Settings->More..->Tethering & portable hotspot->Setup Wi-Fi hotspot
As you can expect, we cannot test this widget on every available Android phone out in the market, so we can guarantee normal functionality only on the devices listed below mostly running on Gingerbread and JellyBean versions. Please do feel free to try this on other devices and give us your feedback if you have any issue so it will help us improve this further and support more devices.
Google Galaxy Nexus
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus One
Google Nexus S
Samsung Galaxy S2
Samsung Galaxy S3
Samsung Galaxy S4
Sharp AQUOS SH80F
Sharp AQUOS Zeta
Sony Xperia Z
This widget will not work on some HTC handsets because HTC have implemented their hotspot API's slightly different to default android.
If you experience problems with this widget on devices not listed above (other than HTC), then please give us a chance to fix the issue by emailing us, instead of giving us a bad review.
Application will help you share your 3G, 4G network with any device can use your wifi network!
Broadcasting wifi from mobile network - GPGS/3G/4G free
Turn your phone into a Wi-Fi base stations , this is a feature available on most Android phones , but you might not know ! Try now !
Usage details :
1. Enter Wifi Name: Your Wifi Hotspot Name from 3G, 4G network
2. Enter Password: Password of Your Wifi Hotspot must more then 8 character
3. Press START to begin
-Press STOP to close Wifi Hotspot
-Press USER to see current device connecting to your Wifi Hotspot
Thank you !
With Wifi Hotspot Free from 3G, 4G by phone , you can create your own personal Hotspot to connect Broadcasting and Wifi Internet device all at once . With wireless transmitting wireless telephone you can share the connection with other phone GPGS/3G/4G , your tablet , laptop , gaming system and other research tools .
✓ Signal compass points you in the direction your signal is coming from, just walk towards it!
✓ WiFi map allows you to easily locate nearby public networks.
✓ Coverage maps allow you see the best places for signal.
✓ Speedtest feature allows you to see the true speed of your connection (download, upload & latency)
✓ NetworkRank allows you to see which carrier is best in your area.
✓ See a map of local cell towers.
✓ Free and ad-free
You can also:
✓ Help improve our coverage and WiFi maps.
✓ Share your findings on Twitter and Facebook and compare your connection with other users.
✓ View your history of signal readings.
✓ test upload, download and latency
✓ Save your data to SD card.
✓ Signal booster for compatible phones
Help contribute to our crowdsourced impartial maps of carrier coverage and wireless hotspots by using our app to improve your connection.
SMS Permission required to count the number of SMS sent to track your usage, SMS are never read (use a packet sniffer to check!)
Phone settings permission allows network reset on certain Android versions
Based on our community-generated data we are able to help keep you better connected by giving you a practical solution to the problems of slow mobile internet and dropped calls. Simply follow our signal compass to walk towards better phone signal or see our in-app coverage maps to work out which carrier is best for where you are, useful if you're thinking about changing. Our wifi maps help you find local public-access wireless networks (WAPs), helpful if you're travelling abroad or just want to find a local cafe with free wifi. Our Stats tab helps you to keep track of your usage, so there’s no danger of you going over your plan limit on data, voice or text. (NB – this is why the app needs permission to access contacts and SMS, these are the permissions needed to count calls and texts, messages are never accessed or read!). Slow mobile internet? Whatsapp or Instagram not working? Can't make that crucial skype call? Run a speedtest to see the real speed of your connection, use the signal booster compass to get a better connection or use our maps to find the nearest free wifi!
Best of all, every time you use the app you're helping to improve it! By helping us to expand our wifi database and improve our coverage maps you're making the app work better and everyone else who uses it.
The best tactic for getting better signal is to follow the signal compass as it points you towards the connected cell tower.
Maps not updated in real-time. Don’t worry though, we log the information you share with us to improve our coverage maps and signal information. We’re working hard to make sure the data you contribute to the project is available to everyone as quickly as possible.
- Not all towers and wireless routers are in our database - we’re working on it!
- Verizon & Sprint users will see only one connected tower at a time
- Moving in the direction of your cell tower will not always improve reception due to interference effects/local geography.
- Data is crowd sourced - wireless and antenna locations are calculated by triangulation.
- For GSM, cell tower are identified via cell id and location area code (CID and LAC)
- For CDMA (Verizon, Sprint), cell towers are identified via Network ID, Base sub-station ID and system ID (NID, BSSID and SID).
If you read to here (!) you should really join the OpenSignal beta to help us improve the app:
We map - Coverage and Speed tests for Verizon, Sprint, Vodafone, EE, AT&T, O2, 3, TIM, T-Mobile, Telcel, I WInd, SFR, Wifi and more
1. One touch Hotspot.
2. Choose your own Hotspot Name & Password.
3. Auto-Save hotspot name & pasword. (can be cleared)
4. No restrictions on bandwidth.
5. Unlimited minutes.
6. Root NOT Required.
The simplest way to create a portable WiFi Hotspot.
Some carriers might not allow hotspot feature, please verify it with your carrier and don't blame us for that!
v1.01 new icon, many thanks to Johann and his brother!
Works on Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich, & Jelly Bean (GB, ICS, JB, 2.3, 4.0, 4.1)
- No root required.
- Supports Jelly Bean (latest Android release)
- Uses native artwork for GB (2.3+), ICS (4.0+), & JB (4.1+).
- Restores original WiFi state.
- Keeps the SSID & security settings intact.
- Is "Free" a feature?
- Google/HTC Nexus One (N1)
- Google/Samsung Nexus S
- Google/Samsung Galaxy Nexus (GNEX)
- Verizon Galaxy Nexus (VZW GNEX)
- Samsung Galaxy S II (SGS2, S2)
- Samsung Galaxy S III (SGS3, S3)
- Known issues with EVO/Sprint devices (carrier might block tethering)
Note: It will only show up in the widget menu, not with the application menu. If it doesn't show up due to Android 4.0+, then Force-Close your launcher (If you don't know what this means, then simply restart your phone and it should pop-up).
Please rate it favorably if you like our work.
In Droid Pro, go to "Settings" -> "Application" -> "Quick launch" and set the side key or other shortcut to "HotSpotSwitch".
You can then enable or disable the Wifi HotSpot function by pressing the side button or other shortcut.
Then this is the right app for you. It creates an open wifi hotspot so that you can access internet immediately with a single touch for other laptops, mobiles ipdas etc.
How to use:
It's simple, Tap on the Wifi Icon!
Yes people don't believe either, try it for yourself.
This app is for immediate and fast sharing of internet via Wifi hotspot.
If you want to create a secure hotspot, then use our "mHotspot(free)": https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mhotspot.android
Some carriers might not allow hotspot feature, please verify it with your carrier and don't blame us for that!
Hotspot Control does away with those requirements, assuming that the hotspot functionality itself is actually still present and operational on the device. Rooting is *usually* not required.
THIS IS NOT DESIGNED TO BEAT YOUR CARRIER'S TETHERING PROTECTION, OR LET YOU TETHER FOR FREE - For some people it does (it depends on how that protection is implemented) but this is not what the app was made for. It's no use complaining that it doesn't do this for you. This app is designed to circumvent some issues when setting up a *local* hotspot so your devices can communicate with eachother, *not* with the internet (though that also works on several devices).
You can configure the access point (hotspot) name and password, encryption used is alway WPA2 AES + TKIP, to keep it simple.
On some devices that do not have a cellular data connection capability (like the Nexus 10) the hotspot will not give out IP addresses - the app will auto-detect this situation and fix it, but root is required for that option. Note that without root on these devices, the connected devices can still communicate if you configure their IP addresses manually, but that is something for the advanced user.
I personally need this to create a private network (even without a SIM, and thus without an actual *internet* connection) in the field between a number of my devices. Some genius at Samsung decided that my Note II shouldn't create an access point if no SIM is present - I beg to differ! Maybe someone else has use for this as well.
For discussion and questions, see the thread on XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2230848
This widget will allow you to turn on the portable WiFi hotspot feature on your Android smartphone with a single touch.
1-The BEST and EASIEST way to share your Internet. This app is a widget that shows the ID and KEY of the hotspot so now is very easy to share them with your friends.
2-Remember: You just can share your data plan connection, not the Wifi.
3-Check before if your carrier allow the Wifi hotspot (Wireless tethering) option.
4-You phone will turn into a wifi. You friends would be able to use your internet connection as a wifi.
5-Using your phone as a hotspot wifi, you will save money, because you don't have to pay for a wifi plan at home.
HOW TO CONFIGURE YOUR HOTSPOT:
(Android Jelly Bean and Kitkat): Settings->More..->Tethering & portable hotspot->Setup Wi-Fi hotspot
NOTE: Not Working on Samsung GALAXY S5 right now!
It may not work in some devices.
Shows the Wi-Fi channels around you. Helps you to find a less crowded channel for your wireless router.
For the USB read/write permission: This permission is used to save and load snapshots(see menu in my app).
Help us with the translation project on http://crowdin.net/project/wifi-connection-manager
NOTE: According to the change of Google Play Mobile Ads policy, devices before Android 2.3 are no longer be supported.
Legacy devices can download the app from: http://www.roamingsoft.com/android/WifiManagerLegacy.apk
1. Support AP (Access Points) SSID with special characters, such as Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Greeks, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, UNICODE and so on.
2. Display saved network password. (require device to be rooted)
3. Fix device Wi-Fi problems.
4. Instant connect. Once searched, once start connecting. Way faster than the system build-in Wi-Fi scanner.
5. Static IP settings support. Auto switch between different AP.
6. Switch between available networks, solving the network conflict problem.
7. Add/Connect to certain hidden SSID network (depends on device and network conditions).
8. Manual add network, with special support for EAP/LEAP encrypted network.
9. Pause scan, convenient to browse many results.
10. More detail network information, network bandwidth, channel and network type.
11. Auto detect Web Authentication.
12. Backup/Restore saved networks.
13. Add/Share Wi-Fi network with QR code.
14. Arrange network connecting priority.
15. WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) support for Android 4.0 or above devices.
16. Automatical switch between saved networks when signal is not ideal.
17. Wi-Fi tether (Wi-Fi Hotspot) support.
About the required permissions:
Camera is for adding Wi-Fi network via QR code.
Phone and Internet is for the AdMob plug-in made by Google.
Storage is for backup and restore saved network.
v1.61: Prevent install on sd card. Launchers restriction for widgets
v1.6: Removed icon from app launcher
A WIDGET (home long tap->widgets to add, or select widgets from app-list) to enable/disable build-in hot-spot (Wifi tethering) feature on android 2.2+.
- Find hotspots around your current location
- Search for alternative locations
- View hotspots on a map, in a list, or though augmented reality
- Get details about hotspot locations like phone numbers, website addresses, etc
- Search for hotspots even while you’re offline
- Choose which offline data you would like to install
- Get directions to any hotspot using your preferred directions provider
- Save hotspots as favourites.
- Refine your search to find particular types of hotspot
- Share hotspots through your social media accounts