Takeoff is the only aviation weather app to understand that you want to fly safe, in weather that YOU feel comfortable with. Takeoff gives easy-to-see, color-coded warnings and information based on your own personal minimums; Takeoff understands what the sky looks like to you, not to some computer. Combining accurate and reliable data from official sources, Takeoff is a trusted tool used by pilots the world over.
Takeoff makes it easy to find the airport you need
• Find airports near your current location using GPS
• Find airports along a route
• Find airports in a region
• Save a list of your favorite airports for quick access
With list and map-based views of the weather, Takeoff gives you a high level view in any region instantly.
TAKEOFF KEEPS YOU SAFE
75% of fatal weather-related accidents start with pilots voluntarily flying into poor weather. Takeoff helps you to easily and reliably understand if the weather is right for YOU. Get personalized warnings based on cloud ceilings, visibility, total winds, runway crosswinds temperatures, dew point spread, density altitude, and more! By providing clear warnings based on your personal minimums, Takeoff helps you stay disciplined and keeps you from becoming a statistic.
Find what you want without hassle:
• Personalized METAR reports
• Color-coded TAF display
• NOTAMs for airports around the globe
• METAR History
• Winds Aloft, AIRMETs, SIGMETs and PIREPs (U.S. Only)
• Hundreds of weather Graphics, including Animated Radar
• AF/D Page (U.S. Only)
• Metric and Imperial unit support
TAKEOFF SAVES YOU TIME
Takeoff calculates crosswinds for every runway and gives personalized warnings based on limits dictated by YOU. Takeoff even provides shortcuts to common websites to allow you to quickly file flight plans and look up TFRs.
EASILY LOOK INTO THE FUTURE
Simply enable Time Machine with a tap, and drag a slider through time to watch how your airports weather reports change based on forecasts.
IDEAL FOR THE COCKPIT
Takeoff keeps the most recent reports ready and available on your device, so that you always have the information you need, even when you’re offline!
SYNCS TO YOUR DEVICES
With Takeoff Sync, you can synchronize all your devices to keep you safe and up to date wherever you are—absolutely free.
TRUSTED BY PILOTS. DEVELOPED BY PILOTS.
Takeoff was developed by pilots like you, who understand what information you need to fly safely. Other pilots agree:
"I love the presentation of information on the screen. The colors are great and the interpretations are pretty much idiot proof." -Adam Zucker, Pilot
"First thing I thought was WOW! I love how quick it is to get the information quickly into my brain. Love the maps and other weather graphics. Love the TAF decoder." -Andrew Ohnstad, Pilot
⚠ Takeoff relies on NOAA METAR and TAF reports. Airports must report METAR/TAF information in order for Takeoff to provide reports. Takeoff is not a substitute for official flight planning and weather information, and by using Takeoff, you agree not to hold the developers liable for any inaccuracies or misrepresentations. ⚠
Feature/Shortcut List: NOAA weather, crosswind calculator, runway crosswinds, cloud ceilings, METAR decoder, TAF decoder similar to ForeFlight, historical METARs, airport weather, nearby airports, TFRs, NOTAMs, AFD airport info, DUATS, weather widget, weather warnings, personal minimums, aviation minimums, surface visibility, gusting wind reports, winds aloft, PIREPs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, density altitude, weather for flying, aviation weather for pilots and more!
- DUATS access
- TFRs including Report, Raw Text, and Graphics
- Downloadable Airport database for geo-spatial searching and airport detail information including airport map view.
- "QuickQuery" option to turn off geo-spatial searching when not needed/desired (improves lookup performance)
- Text Winds including refined reporting "near" your departure and destination.
- "Nearest" feature allowing airport database searches near your location, your departure and/or your destination. Additionally, ad-hoc searches may be invoked through "long clicks" on any ICAOID text box.
- Prog Chart & SIGWX Images
- AIRMET & SIGMET chart Images
- Winds Aloft forecast images
- CIP/FIP Icing
- Convenient N-number lookup
- For EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY. NOT a certified flight tool. Use 1/800/WXBRIEF to obtain OFFICIAL briefings.
- Explore aviation-centric information quickly and easily: DUATS, ADDS, NOTAMS, and TFRs
- Explore fundamental aviation activities such as flight planning
- Look into current weather activity including wind speeds,forecasts and icing
- Learn more about aviation codes and practices
Kindle Fire Users:
Please do not try FlightBriefer on the Kindle Fire - it won't work due to compatibility issues with the Kindle Fire platform. Thanks!
The PRO version contains additional functionality beyond the Lite version including:
* Multiple dashboards (group your stations)
* Unrestricted dashboard
* Sortable dashboard.
* Adjustable FRI rules.
* Auto refreshing.
* IATA codes.
* METAR history.
The Pro version has free upgrades for the life of the product.
The price of the Pro version may increase as more functionality is added, so it's worth considering buying early!
If you have any enhancements that you would like to see included in the Pro version, please email us.
There is also a Lite version of AirReport available.
Please Note - we can't respond to comments posted on the market; PLEASE EMAIL US... we may be able to help you quickly! and it's always great to hear from people who use the app.
Announcing Metam 3.0 - now with METAR data overlay on maps.
Metam is everything you've wanted for your aviation weather needs and more:
1. At its core, you create lists of airports important to you, either individual, or along a flight path. Display their METARs in parsed or raw format, access color highlighted TAFs quickly, cryptic Snowtams are decoded for you into plain language, access NOTAMs and forecasts efficiently.
2. Metam offers a side menu full of aviation weather charts and imagery. Current observations, forecasts, flight level winds and temperatures, satellite, radar, operations and more.
3. Finally, with the latest version you can now overlay global METAR data onto maps (Android 3.0 and up only). Quickly see fight conditions are you, display wind speed to get a mental picture of the situation. Two on any airport or days marker to get the full METAR and TAF for that airport.
Metam is and will remain 100% ad free and uses the minimum of permissions to get you what you need. In-app purchase is only included to offer the user a method to donate, if they choose. Using Holo UI, Metam offers a comfortable, familiar experience compatible on devices back to Android 2.2 (except Maps, which requires 3.0 and up).
Weather charts included with Metam:
UNITED STATES (most ADDS products):
* Advisories: SIGMET and Oceanic SIGMET
* Observations: Composite map, PIREP map, METAR map, Satellite, Radar
* Forecasts: Surface Prognostic Charts, Upper Air charts (wind & temps), AIRMET charts, Graphical Turbulence Guidance
ALASKA AVIATION UNIT:
* Hourly observations, graphical forecasts, SigWX charts
JEPPESEN WEATHER CHARTS (courtesy of Jeppesen):
* Products: Surface, IR Satellite & Lightning, Icing, Turbulence, High SigWX, Flight Level Forecast
* Covers: Europe, United States, Canada, Australia and Mexico
* Observations: Static and animated satellite, regional satellite
* Forecasts:European Surface, Europe SigWX/Upper Air, Canada/North Atlantic, Upper Air Wind/Temp, 24 hour SigWX
* Products: US Airport Status, US Airspace Status, Daily North Atlantic Tracks Graphics
Why use Metam?
* Airport input flexibility: Individual airport listings (NZCH WSSS EGLL) or flight path listing (KJFK-KSFO)
IATA codes supported: Use IATA code (LHR, JFK) if you prefer
* Flight path input lists all airports along the great circle route within 10 NM of the flight path, supports multiple airport waypoints (airports only, no navaids)
* Four different weather list formats: Formatted weather, METAR only, TAF only or METAR & TAF listings
* Tactical Decision Aid (TDA): Displays TAF data in a color coded graphical matrixt
* Six hour METAR history: Show the last six hours of METAR reports
* Multiple cloud layer display: Metam shows up to three reported cloud layers
* Global airport database: Don't know an airport's ICAO code? Look it up!
* Location aware: List airports within 50NM
* Snowtam decoder: Snowtam codes in plain language
* Widgets: Single airport with raw METAR or parsed.
* METAR & TAF Highlighting:Color codes raw METAR and TAF text
* Displayed unit choices: Choose your preferred unit
* Ad Free: Metam will never include ads
Precise location: nearby airports and self (optional).
Read/modify/delete USB storage: required for Google Maps.
Network access/view network connections: download data.
Read Google service: required for Google Maps.
Google Play billing: In-app donation (if you choose to do so).
Metam User group:
- 4,770 airports in 193 countries
- Search by airport name or ICAO code
- Create a list of your favourite airports
- Search option to find your closest airport
- Decoding is done on the phone so network traffic is minimal
- Option to view the aiport in Google maps
- Link the airport Wikipedia entries (if applicable)
- Fully customse the units used for all displayed information
- Export you favourite airports
Aviation Weather Graphics offers the most comprehensive set of aviation weather graphics for pilots, including:
- Surface Analysis
- Winds and Temperatures
- Icing Levels
- Static Radar
- Low/Mid/High-Level SIGWX
- NOAA Forecasts
- Flight Category
Separate categories provide very detailed graphics for:
- United States (provided by the NOAA by region)
- North Pole
- South Pole
If you would like to see more graphics added, just drop us an email. If you like the ForeFlight Imagery tab, you'll love Aviation Weather Graphics!
Get current and precise weather conditions (METAR) as well as weather forecasts (TAF), which are used by pilots for their flight preparations. You can choose worldwide airport weather stations from the built-in database by either name, ICAO or IATA code. Data will be shown in its original format or fully decoded into easy understandable texts.
** NOTE: in order to display temperatures in Fahrenheit, switch off "Show original units"!
- shows additional information like sunrise/sunset, station location/elevation, timezone, and daylight saving adjustment
- optionally displays all times in GMT or in the station's local time
- supports US and metric units
- display/adding of nearby stations
a great application for retrieving and visualizing updated METAR and TAF information.
You'll find all MetarDroid Lite features plus:
- Widget (NEW)
- Coloured weather phenomena
- Metar and Taf sharing
- Coloured visibility and ceiling for VFR operations
- Copy metar and taf to clipboard for use with other apps
or for offline use
- Favourite list
- Metar and taf of favourite location loaded at startup
- History of recent metar and taf searches
- No advertising
*** Note for old versions: due to some changes to NOAA website old versions are not working so please update to latest version to fix the problem. Cheers ***
- NOWrad Radar: The most timely interactive radar for North America that also does real-time storm cell tracking and map-based weather alerts. Uses the state-of-the-art merging of doppler radars from NOAA, FAA, Environment Canada, and other meteorological agencies
- Future Radar using state-of-the-art TruPoint(sm) technology. Now you can see not only where the rain or snow is, but also where it’s expected to be
- See current condition trends, as well as average and record temperatures
- Temperature, precipitation (rain or snow), UV index, and wind speed graphs
- Combined radar and satellite layers, for the Continental US, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, Caribbean, parts of Mexico
- High-resolution temperature, wind speed, and snow cover layers
- Plot earthquakes in real-time, track hurricanes, typhoons, and tropical cyclones, and use our Exclusive Road Weather index to see weather-related road hazards
- NOAA NWS and Environment Canada Watch & Warning areas on the map
- Alert Notification: Get time-critical National Weather Service warnings for the United States even when you’re not in the Intellicast app. Such as tornado, severe thunderstorm, flood, and blizzard. NOTE: For a full list of critical alerts, please see the in-app help.
- Display Fronts, Highs and Lows on the interactive map.
Our mission is to bring advanced expert weather content and tools to weather sensitive decision makers. We are part of The Weather Company which includes The Weather Channel, weather.com, WSI Corporation, Weather Central, and Weather Underground.
Check us out at www.intellicast.com
It's created by Cybercom Poland for pilots, aviation passionates and people who need accurate weather information. We are a high-tech software consulting company located in Poland. We create software for connected world. Find out more at: http://www.cybercom.pl/
- Database provides above 4000 airports with details like location, elevation, type of airport, using radio frequencies, departures and arrivals;
- METARs, TAFs and NOTAMs
- Marking airports on a map with different colors and icons depending on the weather and type of airport
- CloudView to visualise cloud layers.
- METARs history
- Setting pages with fully customized to your preferences units
- Searching for airports by ICAO, IATA, City, Country or Name
- Dashboard with your favorite airports
- Nearby airports
- Customizable flight's categories (VFR,MVFR,IFR,LIFR)
Plan. File. Fly.
Garmin Pilot is the most comprehensive suite of tools for Android designed specifically for general aviation and corporate pilots. Flight planning, DUAT(S) filing, charts, interactive maps, weather briefing resources and navigation capabilities; it’s all included. The app’s intuitive interface mirrors those on the newest Garmin touchscreen avionics so you can go seamlessly from preflight to inflight. Plan, file, fly with Garmin Pilot.
Garmin Pilot’s powerful capabilities start with pre-flight planning, providing pilots with the most comprehensive aviation weather information to make better-informed flight decisions. Pilots can check NEXRAD radar, visible and infrared cloud imagery, METARs, TAFs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, PIREPs, NOTAMs, winds and temperature aloft, PIREPs, TFRs and lightning data. With Garmin Pilot, data can be displayed over a VFR sectional or an IFR low or high en-route chart to visualize the weather for your route. Add text-based weather widgets and use the exclusive NavTrack feature to view weather along the planned route.
With Garmin Pilot, users can easily enter a flight plan. Pre-loaded forms make it quick to save and reuse data for frequently flown routes. And when the flight plan is ready, Garmin Pilot makes it simple to file, cancel or close the flight plan via DTC DUAT or CSC DUATS.
Garmin Pilot provides full en-route navigation capability on its moving map, while showing ETE, ETA, cross track error, distance to waypoint and current position.
Garmin Pilot. It’s the app aviators have been waiting for.
- Charts: VFR Sectionals, low and high IFR en-route, airport diagrams and approach procedures
- Optional geo-reference Garmin FliteCharts® and Garmin SafeTaxi® show aircraft position on approach charts and taxiways
- Weather Maps: Animated radar, AIRMETs/SIGMETs, Lightning, PIREPs, METARs/TAFs, Winds Aloft, TFRs, Infrared and Visible Satellite
- Extensive text products: METARs, TAFs, Winds Aloft, PIREPs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, Area Forecasts and NOTAMs
- Dynamic weather overlays with your route displayed on map
- AOPA Airport Directory
- Flight plan filing via DUAT(S)
- Comprehensive weather data direct from the National Weather Service and Environment Canada
** Please note: $9.99 Monthly Subscription Required. **