Aviation Weather Graphics offers the most comprehensive set of aviation weather graphics for pilots, including:
- Surface Analysis
- Winds and Temperatures
- Icing Levels
- Static Radar
- Low/Mid/High-Level SIGWX
- Constant Pressure
- NOAA Forecasts
- Flight Category
Separate categories provide very detailed graphics for:
- United States (provided by the NOAA by region)
- North Pole
- South Pole
If you would like to see more graphics added, just drop us an email. If you like the ForeFlight Imagery tab, you'll love Aviation Weather Graphics!
Takeoff is the only aviation weather app to understand that you want to fly safe, in weather that YOU feel comfortable with. Takeoff gives easy-to-see, color-coded warnings and information based on your own personal minimums; Takeoff understands what the sky looks like to you, not to some computer. Combining accurate and reliable data from official sources, Takeoff is a trusted tool used by pilots the world over.
Takeoff makes it easy to find the airport you need
• Find airports near your current location using GPS
• Find airports along a route
• Find airports in a region
• Save a list of your favorite airports for quick access
With list and map-based views of the weather, Takeoff gives you a high level view in any region instantly.
TAKEOFF KEEPS YOU SAFE
75% of fatal weather-related accidents start with pilots voluntarily flying into poor weather. Takeoff helps you to easily and reliably understand if the weather is right for YOU. Get personalized warnings based on cloud ceilings, visibility, total winds, runway crosswinds temperatures, dew point spread, density altitude, and more! By providing clear warnings based on your personal minimums, Takeoff helps you stay disciplined and keeps you from becoming a statistic.
Find what you want without hassle:
• Personalized METAR reports
• Color-coded TAF display
• NOTAMs for airports around the globe
• METAR History
• Winds Aloft, AIRMETs, SIGMETs and PIREPs (U.S. Only)
• Hundreds of weather Graphics, including Animated Radar
• AF/D Page (U.S. Only)
• Metric and Imperial unit support
TAKEOFF SAVES YOU TIME
Takeoff calculates crosswinds for every runway and gives personalized warnings based on limits dictated by YOU. Takeoff even provides shortcuts to common websites to allow you to quickly file flight plans and look up TFRs.
EASILY LOOK INTO THE FUTURE
Simply enable Time Machine with a tap, and drag a slider through time to watch how your airports weather reports change based on forecasts.
IDEAL FOR THE COCKPIT
Takeoff keeps the most recent reports ready and available on your device, so that you always have the information you need, even when you’re offline!
SYNCS TO YOUR DEVICES
With Takeoff Sync, you can synchronize all your devices to keep you safe and up to date wherever you are—absolutely free.
TRUSTED BY PILOTS. DEVELOPED BY PILOTS.
Takeoff was developed by pilots like you, who understand what information you need to fly safely.
⚠ Takeoff relies on NOAA METAR and TAF reports. Airports must report METAR/TAF information in order for Takeoff to provide reports. Takeoff is not a substitute for official flight planning and weather information, and by using Takeoff, you agree not to hold the developers liable for any inaccuracies or misrepresentations. ⚠
Get current and precise weather conditions (METAR) as well as weather forecasts (TAF), which are used by pilots for their flight preparations. You can choose worldwide airport weather stations from the built-in database by either name, ICAO or IATA code. Data will be shown in its original format or fully decoded into easy understandable texts.
** NOTE: in order to display temperatures in Fahrenheit, switch off "Show original units"!
- shows additional information like sunrise/sunset, station location/elevation, timezone, and daylight saving adjustment
- optionally displays all times in GMT or in the station's local time
- supports US and metric units
- display/adding of nearby stations
- DUATS access
- TFRs including Report, Raw Text, and Graphics
- Downloadable Airport database for geo-spatial searching and airport detail information including airport map view.
- "QuickQuery" option to turn off geo-spatial searching when not needed/desired (improves lookup performance)
- Text Winds including refined reporting "near" your departure and destination.
- "Nearest" feature allowing airport database searches near your location, your departure and/or your destination. Additionally, ad-hoc searches may be invoked through "long clicks" on any ICAOID text box.
- Prog Chart & SIGWX Images
- AIRMET & SIGMET chart Images
- Winds Aloft forecast images
- CIP/FIP Icing
- Convenient N-number lookup
- For EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY. NOT a certified flight tool. Use 1/800/WXBRIEF to obtain OFFICIAL briefings.
- Explore aviation-centric information quickly and easily: DUATS, ADDS, NOTAMS, and TFRs
- Explore fundamental aviation activities such as flight planning
- Look into current weather activity including wind speeds,forecasts and icing
- Learn more about aviation codes and practices
Kindle Fire Users:
Please do not try FlightBriefer on the Kindle Fire - it won't work due to compatibility issues with the Kindle Fire platform. Thanks!
- 4,770 airports in 193 countries
- Search by airport name or ICAO code
- Create a list of your favourite airports
- Search option to find your closest airport
- Decoding is done on the phone so network traffic is minimal
- Option to view the aiport in Google maps
- Link the airport Wikipedia entries (if applicable)
- Fully customse the units used for all displayed information
- Export you favourite airports
The PRO version contains additional functionality beyond the Lite version including:
* Multiple dashboards (group your stations)
* Unrestricted dashboard
* Sortable dashboard.
* Adjustable FRI rules.
* Auto refreshing.
* IATA codes.
* METAR history.
The Pro version has free upgrades for the life of the product.
The price of the Pro version may increase as more functionality is added, so it's worth considering buying early!
If you have any enhancements that you would like to see included in the Pro version, please email us.
There is also a Lite version of AirReport available.
Please Note - we can't respond to comments posted on the market; PLEASE EMAIL US... we may be able to help you quickly! and it's always great to hear from people who use the app.
Airport sourced weather forecasts are usually updated very frequently, especially if there is unusual weather activity in the area.
There is no advertising in this app because I find app adds to be distracting.
NOTE: These summaries use some aviation lingo.
-High definition weather radar for the United States on a continuous animated loop
-Tafs for any reporting airport in the world from NOAA
-Metars from the past hour for any reporting airport in the world from NOAA
-VFR Sectionals and IFR Hi Lo charts for the United States
-All Google base maps (normal,hybrid, terrain, and vehicle traffic overlay)
-FAA delay programs such as ground stops and departure delay programs
The NOAA weather radar is on a continuous loop showing the most recent 50 minutes in a 5 frame animation. The radar overlay has adjustable opacity.
Upon opening the map the most recent Sigmets across the world are requested and displayed as red areas with color coded bounds by Convective, Icing, and Turbulence- Click for more detail.
Tafs and Metars are drawn as station models representing wind direction, wind speed, sky cover, and color coded by visibility. Click a station to see actual raw metar and taf text. The density of the number of station is drawn based on the zoom of the map- IE you zoom in more stations are drawn. The map detects any change in view and will re-request the Tafs and Metars so that you always see fresh the most recent Tafs and Metars. NOTE THE STATION MODELS ARE DRAWN BASED ON THE FIRST LINE OF THE TAF WHICH MAY BE IN THE PAST. ALWAYS GET AVIATION WEATHER FROM AN OFFICIAL SOURCE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DATA SHOWN OR HOW YOU USE IT!
The charts are for the USA ONLY. The CHARTS ARE NOT CACHED ON YOUR DEVICE! DO NOT USE THE CHARTS FOR NAVIGATION!
ONCE YOU LOSE YOUR DATA CONNECTION ON YOUR DEVICE (AIRPLANE MODE) ALL DATA IS LOST. YOU WILL NOT HAVE WEATHER INFORMATION OR MAPS.
The information and data displayed within this app is from a wide variety of websites. This app is in beta. If you have suggestions or problems you can email the developer at firstname.lastname@example.org . For bug reports please provide the most detailed description of the sequence of events leading up to problem. To put things in perspective, I am a one man team and write apps for fun when I am not flying.
I have some ideas in the works:
-FAA Delays Programs
-Global IR Enhanced Satellite Imagery
-Adjustable Time Frame for drawing station models, vs the current first line of Taf
-Airmets and Pireps
-Favorite airports and airline specific airport displays
-More control over Layers
The developer of this app is not responsible for errors, omissions, or how this information is used. This app is for entertainment purposes and should not be relied upon.
- You can set the maximum distance from your location to retrieve reports from.
- View Metars from up to 24 hours ago
- Compatible with tablets of all sizes
- Uses network or GPS location (whichever is available)
StormWeather Widget features also next-generation storm, lightings, temperature, precipitation and wind alerts. You can define your own threshold level for each parameter. We will monitor forecasts for you and inform you immediately when your preset conditions are met. The PRO version offers additional parameters e.g. 500 hPa Temperature, Wind gusts, CAPE, CIN, Frozen rain probability, UV radiation and many, many more.
StormWeather Widget – professional forecasts and weather alters at your hand.
StormWeather Widget PRO includes:
* Weather widget (4x1 and 4x2)
* Weather forecast for 300k+ location around the world
* Choosing location from location name database, map or coordinates
* Weather tabs with daily/hourly and weekly/daily weather forecasts
* Three pre-defined user profiles: standard, marine, aviation
* Advanced weather alerts (you pick the parameter and threshold level, we monitor it!)
* Available weather parameters: air temperature, wind speed and direction, pressure, clouds cover, precipitation
* Weather graphs
* Global lightings radar/map
* Customizable user profiles
* Forecast for more than 300 weather parameters e.g.: CAPE, CIN, 500 hPa Temperature, Convective rain, Wind gusts.
FAQ: (updated for Wearable and Backup/Restore support!) http://goo.gl/VAMzij
Metam is everything you've wanted for your global aviation weather needs and more:
1. At its core, you create lists of airports important to you, either individual, or along a flight path. Display their METARs in parsed or raw format, access color highlighted TAFs quickly, cryptic Snowtams are decoded for you into plain language, access NOTAMs and forecasts efficiently.
2. Metam offers a side menu full of aviation weather charts and imagery. Current observations, forecasts, flight level winds and temperatures, satellite, radar, operations and more.
3. You can now overlay global METAR, SIGMET, G-AIRMET and CWA data onto maps (Android 3.0+ only). Also radar/precipitation or IR satellite. Also, you can now enter custom ceiling and visibility minimums to quickly see airports that meet your personal or company visibility/ceiling requirements. Tap on any airport or overlay to get the full METAR/TAF/TEXT for that airport/overlay.
4. Need quick access to raw METARs and TAFs on your Wearable? As of version 4, this is supported too. Use "OK Google, start Aviation Weather"!
Metam is and will remain 100% ad free and uses the minimum of permissions to get you what you need. In-app purchase is only included to offer the user a method to donate, if they choose. Using Holo UI, Metam offers a comfortable, familiar experience compatible on devices back to Android 2.3 (except Maps, which requires 3.0 and up).
Weather charts included with Metam:
UNITED STATES (most ADDS products):
* Advisories: SIGMET and Oceanic SIGMET
* Observations: Composite map, PIREP map, METAR map, Satellite, Radar
* Forecasts: Surface Prognostic Charts, Upper Air charts (wind & temps), AIRMET charts, Graphical Turbulence Guidance
ALASKA AVIATION UNIT:
* Hourly observations, graphical forecasts, SigWX charts
* Observations: Static and animated satellite, regional satellite
* Forecasts:European Surface, Europe SigWX/Upper Air, Canada/North Atlantic, Upper Air Wind/Temp, 24 hour SigWX
* Products: US Airport& Airspace Status, Daily North Atlantic Tracks Graphics
Why use Metam?
* Airport input flexibility: Individual airport listings (NZCH WSSS EGLL) or flight path listing (KJFK-KSFO)
Supports IATA: Use IATA code (LHR, JFK) if you prefer
* Flight path input lists all airports along the great circle route within 10 NM of the flight path, supports multiple airport waypoints (airports only, no navaids)
* Four different weather list formats: Formatted weather, METAR only, TAF only or METAR & TAF listings
* Long-press on an airport for: Six hour METAR history, sunset/rise times, show nearby airports and more
* Multiple cloud layer display: Metam shows up to three reported cloud layers
* NOTAM: Cached for offline use, parsed effective times (Android 2.3 and up only)
* Global airport database: Look up ICAO by airport name
* Snowtam decoder: Snowtam codes in plain language
* Widgets: Single airport with raw METAR or parsed.
* METAR & TAF Highlighting:Color codes raw METAR and TAF text
* Displayed unit choices: User chooses
* Ad Free: Metam will never include ads
Precise location: nearby airports
Read/modify/delete USB storage: Google Maps required
Network access/view network connections: download data
Read Google service: Google Maps required
Google Play billing: In-app donation (optional)
Metam User group:
This Lite version is restricted to 6 stations on the dashboard at any one time.
A Pro version is available and contains additional functionality including:
* Desktop widget(s)
* Multiple dashboards (group your stations)
* Unrestricted dashboard
* Sortable dashboard.
* Auto refreshing.
* Adjustable FRI rules.
* IATA codes.
* METAR history.
Whether you are scanning reflectivity for a mesocyclone's tell-tale hook echo, trying to pinpoint the landfall of a hurricane's eye wall, or looking for small features like velocity couplets in the storm relative radial velocity product, RadarScope gives you the power to view true radial NEXRAD weather radar on your Android smartphone or tablet.
RadarScope displays tornado, severe thunderstorm, and flash flood warnings issued by the National Weather Service. When warnings are in effect, you can tap the warning button in the upper right corner to browse the list of active warnings, select a warning to view the details, and even zoom to the selected warning on the map.
Pinch or stretch to zoom in and out on the map. Drag your finger to scroll around. Use the Options menu to select one of the 156 different radar sites, or to plot your current location. Tap the play button to download and animate over the last six radar images. Display the names of over 25,000 cities and towns on the map as you zoom and scroll. Drag your finger over the color legend to see the data value associated with each color. Use a long press on a warning to read the release from the National Weather Service, or on a radar site to get detailed status information. Take screenshots directly from your device and send them via GMail or SMS. With the installation of other third-party applications, you can share your images via Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, and more.
You can display Level 3 radar data from NOAA's public access web site or from your AllisonHouse subscriber account. Meanwhile, RadarScope will retrieve and display updated data automatically and intelligently (approximately every 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the radar scan strategy).
RadarScope has been tested on the following phones: Casio Commando; HTC Desire HD/Droid Incredible/Droid Incredible 2/EVO 4G/Inspire/myTouch 4G/Sensation/Thunderbolt; LG Genesis/P999/Thrill 4G/Thrive; Motorola Admiral/Atrix 4G/Droid/Droid Bionic/Droid RAZR/Droid X/Droid X2; Nexus One/S; Samsung Captivate/Droid Charge/Epic 4G/Fascinate/Galaxy S/Galaxy Nexus/Infuse 4G; ZTE Warp.
It has also been tested on the following tablets: Acer Iconia A500; Samsung Galaxy Tab; Toshiba Thrive; Motorola Xoom.
Please visit our web site for more information
It is a fast, easy-to-use, no-frills application that displays animated weather radar around your current location, allowing you to see quickly what weather is coming your way. Just start the app, and your location pops up with animated weather!
The map has the standard pinch/zoom capability which allows you to smoothly zoom and pan around the United States and see what the weather is like anywhere.
MyRadar shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
In addition to the free features of the app, a few additional in app purchases are available; see severe storm warnings for your area, as provided by the National Weather Service, and real-time hurricane tracking - great for the start of hurricane season!
MyRadar currently only shows weather in the United States, and only in the 48 contiguous states - not Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
Download MyRadar today and try it out!