No Subscription fee!
AirWX brings you Aviation Weather on your Android Device! AirWX gives you METARs (International), TAFs(International), NOTAMs (US Only), Weather Charts (US Only), Radar Images (US Only), and Approach Plates (US Only). Plates are automatically saved to your device.
- 4,770 airports in 193 countries
- Search by airport name or ICAO code
- Create a list of your favourite airports
- Search option to find your closest airport
- Decoding is done on the phone so network traffic is minimal
- Option to view the aiport in Google maps
- Link the airport Wikipedia entries (if applicable)
- Fully customse the units used for all displayed information
- Export you favourite airports
- DUATS access
- TFRs including Report, Raw Text, and Graphics
- Downloadable Airport database for geo-spatial searching and airport detail information including airport map view.
- "QuickQuery" option to turn off geo-spatial searching when not needed/desired (improves lookup performance)
- Text Winds including refined reporting "near" your departure and destination.
- "Nearest" feature allowing airport database searches near your location, your departure and/or your destination. Additionally, ad-hoc searches may be invoked through "long clicks" on any ICAOID text box.
- Prog Chart & SIGWX Images
- AIRMET & SIGMET chart Images
- Winds Aloft forecast images
- CIP/FIP Icing
- Convenient N-number lookup
- For EDUCATIONAL USE ONLY. NOT a certified flight tool. Use 1/800/WXBRIEF to obtain OFFICIAL briefings.
- Explore aviation-centric information quickly and easily: DUATS, ADDS, NOTAMS, and TFRs
- Explore fundamental aviation activities such as flight planning
- Look into current weather activity including wind speeds,forecasts and icing
- Learn more about aviation codes and practices
Kindle Fire Users:
Please do not try FlightBriefer on the Kindle Fire - it won't work due to compatibility issues with the Kindle Fire platform. Thanks!
Takeoff is the only aviation weather app to understand that you want to fly safe, in weather that YOU feel comfortable with. Takeoff gives easy-to-see, color-coded warnings and information based on your own personal minimums; Takeoff understands what the sky looks like to you, not to some computer. Combining accurate and reliable data from official sources, Takeoff is a trusted tool used by pilots the world over.
Takeoff makes it easy to find the airport you need
• Find airports near your current location using GPS
• Find airports along a route
• Find airports in a region
• Save a list of your favorite airports for quick access
With list and map-based views of the weather, Takeoff gives you a high level view in any region instantly.
TAKEOFF KEEPS YOU SAFE
75% of fatal weather-related accidents start with pilots voluntarily flying into poor weather. Takeoff helps you to easily and reliably understand if the weather is right for YOU. Get personalized warnings based on cloud ceilings, visibility, total winds, runway crosswinds temperatures, dew point spread, density altitude, and more! By providing clear warnings based on your personal minimums, Takeoff helps you stay disciplined and keeps you from becoming a statistic.
Find what you want without hassle:
• Personalized METAR reports
• Color-coded TAF display
• NOTAMs for airports around the globe
• METAR History
• Winds Aloft, AIRMETs, SIGMETs and PIREPs (U.S. Only)
• Hundreds of weather Graphics, including Animated Radar
• AF/D Page (U.S. Only)
• Metric and Imperial unit support
TAKEOFF SAVES YOU TIME
Takeoff calculates crosswinds for every runway and gives personalized warnings based on limits dictated by YOU. Takeoff even provides shortcuts to common websites to allow you to quickly file flight plans and look up TFRs.
EASILY LOOK INTO THE FUTURE
Simply enable Time Machine with a tap, and drag a slider through time to watch how your airports weather reports change based on forecasts.
IDEAL FOR THE COCKPIT
Takeoff keeps the most recent reports ready and available on your device, so that you always have the information you need, even when you’re offline!
SYNCS TO YOUR DEVICES
With Takeoff Sync, you can synchronize all your devices to keep you safe and up to date wherever you are—absolutely free.
TRUSTED BY PILOTS. DEVELOPED BY PILOTS.
Takeoff was developed by pilots like you, who understand what information you need to fly safely. Other pilots agree:
"I love the presentation of information on the screen. The colors are great and the interpretations are pretty much idiot proof." -Adam Zucker, Pilot
"First thing I thought was WOW! I love how quick it is to get the information quickly into my brain. Love the maps and other weather graphics. Love the TAF decoder." -Andrew Ohnstad, Pilot
⚠ Takeoff relies on NOAA METAR and TAF reports. Airports must report METAR/TAF information in order for Takeoff to provide reports. Takeoff is not a substitute for official flight planning and weather information, and by using Takeoff, you agree not to hold the developers liable for any inaccuracies or misrepresentations. ⚠
Feature/Shortcut List: NOAA weather, crosswind calculator, runway crosswinds, cloud ceilings, METAR decoder, TAF decoder similar to ForeFlight, historical METARs, airport weather, nearby airports, TFRs, NOTAMs, AFD airport info, DUATS, weather widget, weather warnings, personal minimums, aviation minimums, surface visibility, gusting wind reports, winds aloft, PIREPs, AIRMETs, SIGMETs, density altitude, weather for flying, aviation weather for pilots and more!
Metam is everything you've wanted for your aviation weather needs and more:
1. At its core, you create lists of airports important to you, either individual, or along a flight path. Display their METARs in parsed or raw format, access color highlighted TAFs quickly, cryptic Snowtams are decoded for you into plain language, access NOTAMs and forecasts efficiently.
2. Metam offers a side menu full of aviation weather charts and imagery. Current observations, forecasts, flight level winds and temperatures, satellite, radar, operations and more.
3. Finally, with the latest version you can now overlay global METAR data onto maps (Android 3.0 and up only). Quickly see fight conditions are you, display wind speed to get a mental picture of the situation. Two on any airport or days marker to get the full METAR and TAF for that airport.
Metam is and will remain 100% ad free and uses the minimum of permissions to get you what you need. In-app purchase is only included to offer the user a method to donate, if they choose. Using Holo UI, Metam offers a comfortable, familiar experience compatible on devices back to Android 2.2 (except Maps, which requires 3.0 and up).
Weather charts included with Metam:
UNITED STATES (most ADDS products):
* Advisories: SIGMET and Oceanic SIGMET
* Observations: Composite map, PIREP map, METAR map, Satellite, Radar
* Forecasts: Surface Prognostic Charts, Upper Air charts (wind & temps), AIRMET charts, Graphical Turbulence Guidance
ALASKA AVIATION UNIT:
* Hourly observations, graphical forecasts, SigWX charts
JEPPESEN WEATHER CHARTS (courtesy of Jeppesen):
* Products: Surface, IR Satellite & Lightning, Icing, Turbulence, High SigWX, Flight Level Forecast
* Covers: Europe, United States, Canada, Australia and Mexico
* Observations: Static and animated satellite, regional satellite
* Forecasts:European Surface, Europe SigWX/Upper Air, Canada/North Atlantic, Upper Air Wind/Temp, 24 hour SigWX
* Products: US Airport Status, US Airspace Status, Daily North Atlantic Tracks Graphics
Why use Metam?
* Airport input flexibility: Individual airport listings (NZCH WSSS EGLL) or flight path listing (KJFK-KSFO)
IATA codes supported: Use IATA code (LHR, JFK) if you prefer
* Flight path input lists all airports along the great circle route within 10 NM of the flight path, supports multiple airport waypoints (airports only, no navaids)
* Four different weather list formats: Formatted weather, METAR only, TAF only or METAR & TAF listings
* Tactical Decision Aid (TDA): Displays TAF data in a color coded graphical matrixt
* Six hour METAR history: Show the last six hours of METAR reports
* Multiple cloud layer display: Metam shows up to three reported cloud layers
* Built-in global airport database: Don't know an airport's ICAO code? Look it up!
* Location aware: List airports within 50NM
* Snowtam decoder: Decodes Snowtam codes into plain language
* Widgets: Single airport with raw METAR or parsed.
* METAR & TAF Highlighting:Color codes raw METAR and TAF text
* Displayed unit choices: Choose your preferred unit
* Ad Free: Metam will never include ads
Precise location: to fetch nearby airports and locate you on map (optional).
Read/modify/delete USB storage: required for Google Maps.
Network access/view network connections: internet connection to download data.
Read Google service: required for Google Maps.
Google Play billing: In-app donation (if you choose to do so).
Join the Metam User group community here to help shape the future of Metam:
Feedback or suggestions: email@example.com
Aviation Weather Graphics offers the most comprehensive set of aviation weather graphics for pilots, including:
- Surface Analysis
- Winds and Temperatures
- Icing Levels
- Static Radar
- Low/Mid/High-Level SIGWX
- NOAA Forecasts
- Flight Category
Separate categories provide very detailed graphics for:
- United States (provided by the NOAA by region)
- North Pole
- South Pole
If you would like to see more graphics added, just drop us an email. If you like the ForeFlight Imagery tab, you'll love Aviation Weather Graphics!
Station list is sorted by distance from the current location.
Current observation (METAR) and forecast (TAF) can be downloaded for the selection station from the NOAA site.
The weather station data downloaded from the developer's site on the first run, and can be updated later on request.
At the moment, it is possible to search by ICAO-Codes. A search by airport name and city follow soon.
All data products (cygnets) in the NASA Space Weather application are user selectable, allowing customized display configurations that include only the cygnets of interest to each user. NASA Space Weather App has a catalog of over 200 unique space weather analysis data cygnets ranging from the solar domain all the way to the earth’s ionosphere. A new History Mode allows users to view and animate historical data for each of the cygnets.
Development of the iSWA (Integrated Space Weather Analysis) system and the NASA Space Weather Android App has been a joint activity between the Office of the Chief Engineer at NASA Headquarters and the Applied Engineering and Technology Directorate and the Science and Exploration Directorate at NASA Goddard. The iSWA system is located at NASA Goddard.
The Community Coordinated Modeling Center is funded by the Heliophysics Division in the Science Mission Directorate at NASA Headquarters, and the National Science Foundation.
Get information about our app and updates on our Google+ page:
Special thanks to Microtel LLC for supporting the initial development of this app.