Writer's philosophy is Keep It Simple. Writer tries to be as basic as possible, giving you somewhere to turn your thoughts into text, markdown support, and some statistics. Nothing more. Nothing less.
Note: Files are currently stored stored in sdcard://Writer/. Future versions of Writer will allow you to select a custom directory, share documents through email, and synchronize your documents using Dropbox and Box.net
Write is available for Android, Windows, Mac, and Linux.
• tools: draw, erase, select, insert space, and add bookmark
• move strokes and insert space in multiples of the page's ruling
• reflow handwritten text with the insert space tool
• insert bookmarks and label them with handwriting
• create handwritten links to bookmarks and websites
• insert images into documents
• cut, copy, paste selection
• unlimited undo/redo jog dial
• continuous scrolling of document
• pressure sensitive drawing on devices with an active stylus or NVIDIA DirectStylus technology
• customize and save pens
• customize page size, color, and ruling
• pages can grow automatically when writing nears edge
• split screen with web browser to take notes from web pages or videos
• HTML/SVG document format viewable in any modern web browser (PDF export also available)
• organize documents with folders
• Internet access for the built-in web browser.
• Write to SD card - documents are stored in /sdcard/styluslabs/write/
Problems? Feature requests? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
JotterPad X gives you the creative space for your ideas to flow. We push the boundary of our design to create a comfortable yet inspiring platform to write on. The result, an exquisite experience which simply cannot be achieved with word processor and note-taking tool.
JotterPad X has one of the best tools for writing in Android. The app incorporates essential features such as undo, redo, night mode, finding phrase, versions. Other features which are newly introduced include: pop up research (dictionary/thesaurus), auto-save, text styling and Markdown. JotterPad X also has full Dropbox integration.
JotterPad X is now available in smartphone, 7 inch tablet and 10 inch tablet optimized for Android Kitkat.
✓Full featured distraction-free plain text editor
Undo & Redo, Phrase finding, Night Mode#, Live word count and Markdown preview (.md)#.
Also include auto hiding actionbar and locking screen# for viewing pleasure.
✓Access Dropbox and local text files (.txt, .md, .fountain)
Built in file manager system to access local documents.
Full Dropbox Integration, access anywhere on the go even while offline. (No syncing required)
Auto save document and retrieve previous versions instantly.
✓Typeface and style customisation
Better writing experience by adjusting text fonts, margin, line spacing and text alignment.
✓Share and export
Share document as plain text, text file, HTML, RTF or export it as PDF#.
✓Extended keyboard bar
Adds a bar to the top of your normal keyboard for additional buttons and some frequently used markdown syntax.
Compatible with physical and Bluetooth keyboard including shortcut keys. (E.g. ctrl + Z for undo)
Right-to-left (RTL) supported on Android 4.2 or above.
✓Popup Dictionary and Thesaurus# at your fingertips
Save your time to switch between apps in order to look up a word in dictionary or thesaurus.
✓Premium features (Creative IAP)
Unlocked features include Thesaurus, Night Mode. Lock Screen, Remove PDF watermark, Retrieve Versions, Markdown Preview and Lots of joy.
For more information,
# Only on Creative Version
* Useful for NaNoWriMo
All your files are saved in the directory of "/sdcard/PowerWriter"
Title and text styles
More features in the future
. . .
write writer richtext richedit note notes memo notepad word processor
Write for Android stores all your writings safely and remembers the last position you stopped writing. You can just start over where you left off when opening the app next time.
It does not come with any kind of cloud backup, text lay-outing or other fancy stuff. Just plain text editing.
Do you like Write for Android but want an online solution? Check out my new app Write for Dropbox here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.leihwelt.android.write2
Use the built in copy&paste functions of Android Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich to make the most use out of Write for Android! You can select text passages, cut, copy and paste.
See it on a real device using fullscreen mode:
This is similar to "Pop for iOS" and comparable text editors that take on ZEN writing on your mobile phone.
With Android Office, we have brought the power of productivity to your fingertips. Create, open and export Microsoft Word files directly from the app and have all of your documents in your pocket.
To stay productive, you need all of your files with you at all times. With Android Office, we have combined a powerful word processor with the freedom of opening Microsoft Word files from your Android device.
For work or for play: Android Office has you covered. Create .docx files using the simple and fluid word processor or view existing ones simply by opening them from within Android Office. It has never been easier to view or edit Microsoft Word files on the go.
Use the intuitive user interface to navigate quickly and easily around hundreds of files, or search for one with just a tap - it’s fast, simple and easy to use.
Preview a file locally stored on your device or SD card directly from Android Office and take control of your files.
Creating a new document is easy, too. Just tap, name your file and begin typing. Better yet: Android Office gives you the freedom and functionality that a professional deserves; change the font, text color, text size and so much more easily.
Once you have finished creating your document, you can easily convert it to a PDF format or email it directly to anybody, right from within Android Office.
The modern yet pocketable word processor - Android Office: Word Docs Pro.
- Open existing .docx files with a tap.
- Create new documents with ease.
- Edit the font, text color, text size and justification of the text with your fingertips.
- One click export and sharing (PDF).
There are prompts in multiple genres, ranging from personal journal-like prompts to science-fiction story starters.Pick a category, or find random prompts in any category. Use the exact wording of the prompt to start a story, or use the idea to spark a new creative flow.
We give you the random creative thought. You do the rest.
** Over 500 prompts for free!
** New free prompts added on a regular basis.
** Downloadable prompt pack add-ons added on a regular basis.
Please e-mail me with any feedback on anything. Bugs. Things displaying strangely. Bad grammar or spelling. Any and all feedback is welcome.
Based on the growth and use of the app there are several planned upgrades that I will be adding in over time and could add more based off of user feedback. Future updates will include things like adding favorites, hiding prompts you don't like, viewing lists of prompts, sharing to facebook and twitter, pro version to unlock all current and future prompt packs, user submitted prompts, and more. These features will rely on the user base and feedback of the app.
Contact me at email@example.com with any questions or concerns!
Or using cordial handwriting to say hello to your friends?
Try this app :-)
PS. Free Version = Ad supported.
- Cross-platform : iOS Support（https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/genial-writing/id789633898）
- Dropbox Sync, Backup/Restore
- Export to JPG & PDF
- Note Preview Mode : Page, First 3-Line
- Sharing memo with friends via email, messaging app and facebook.
- Copy/Paste between notes in the application. System Clipboard - text only.
- Widget 4x1,4x2(Paid Version Only) 4x3,4x4(All Version)
2 permissions for app:
WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - Save file in SD Card.
READ_PHONE_STATE - Get DeviceID(IMEI) for reg-code
2 permissions for Advertisement:
QuickOffice Pro and many of the other word processor and notead apps on Android don't come with a word count feature. This app is the answer to your prayers then if you're writing a dissertation on your tablet or phone, filling out a CV or work as a writer - just copy and paste your text into the field (or open a text document) and it will tell you both the precise number of words in the text AND the number of characters. You can also now check the spelling before exporting out for use wherever you need it.
Other new features have now been added too - read below for more....
Zoho Writer is a powerful rich-text editor for Android devices. This App allows you to create impressive documents seamlessly with its intuitive user interface and rich set of features. You can either save these documents in local device in MS Word format or push it to cloud devices like Zoho Docs, Google Drive and Dropbox. This app also allows you to open MS Word documents in your device.
User can easily access and edit documents from Cloud Services like Zoho Docs, Google Drive and Dropbox.
What Zoho Writer App provides for users
Rich Text Editing features
Ø Supports formatting of text which includes Font type, Font size, Bold, Italic and Underline, Fore color and Background color.
Ø Create hyperlink, comments for text and bookmarks.
Ø Additional features like paragraph spacing and word count
Ø Insert images from Camera and Gallery
Ø Create lists with various header signs/numbers to fit your choice
Ø Cut/Copy and Paste operation
Ø Unlimited Undo/Redo operation
Ø Create Table with built-in Stylish table theme
ØUse this App anywhere, even offline to create documents
Ø Easy to move documents around different services using drag and drop feature
Ø Free Handwritten drawing or diagram that can be inserted into your document
Ø Convert Text to Speech and Speech to Text
Ø Zoom in and out of document content
Ø Supports viewing list of documents either in list or grid view
Ø Supports sending of document via email from dashboard
Ø Supports pushing of document to Cloud Storages like Zoho Docs, Google Drive and Dropbox
Ø Supports saving of documents in different formats like doc,docx,rtf,odt,txt,html and pdf
Ø Supports Google Cloud Print
The NowPad lets you take notes on top of any opened app and runs quietly in the background when not in use.
Write Now features three different types of notes: text, checklist, and voice; and with more to come, Write Now will be your one-stop note app!
Make accessing your notes even easier by pinning them to your notification bar or adding a home-screen widget.
Secure your notes by setting a password and Write Now will automatically encrypt your note based on your unique password.
★ FEATURES ★
- Take notes without leaving your current app
- Three types of notes: text, checklist, and voice
- Organize your notes in easy-to-use folders
- Pin notes to your notification bar
- Create home-screen widgets
- Lock and encrypt notes with a password
- Easy sharing and exporting features
- Runs in the background quietly without draining battery or processing power
★ USES ★
You can takes while you're...
- taking a call.
- reading an article.
- checking your email.
- browsing the Internet.
- playing a game.
- looking up directions.
- watching a video.
- taking a picture.
- listening to music.
- doing anything!
More information at http://www.aerodroid.com/apps/write_now.php
WritePad features 4th generation handwriting recognition technology which supports practically any handwriting style, including cursive (script), print, and mixed. The software analyzes pen strokes written in the designated WritePad area, then converts those pen strokes into text and sends the recognized text to the target application. While many handwriting recognition tools for smartphones and tablets leave users frustrated with the app’s inability to correctly interpret their handwriting, WritePad’s state-of-the-art handwriting recognition software will adapt and learn the user’s style of writing.
Key WritePad features:
- Advanced multilingual handwriting recognition engine supports 11 languages, including Danish, Dutch, English (UK and US), Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazil and Portugal), Swedish, and Spanish.
- Integration with any application allowing text input, such as email, SMS, notes, word processing, and others.
- Statistical analyzer, which improves overall handwriting recognition quality by addressing common recognition errors. If this feature is enabled, WritePad will learn the user’s own handwriting style.
- Customizable auto-corrector, which automatically fixes common spelling and recognition errors.
- Editable user dictionary to improve recognition of custom words and names not included in the main dictionary.
- Built-in full keyboard with autocomplete; if needed, users can switch between keyboard and handwriting with a single touch of a button.
- Four basic recognition modes: cursive/mixed or print for general text entry; Numeric for entering numbers and phone numbers; and Internet for entering email addresses and URLs.
- Built-in calculator, enabling users to write simple equations such as "22.3+15.66=" and WritePad will calculate the result.
- Letter shape selector allows users to further improve recognition quality by disabling unused letter shapes.
WritePad Handwriting Recognition Tutorial:
WritePad User's Guide:
Write offers both a minimalist writing interface that allows you to focus on what you are currently writing and a proper Android 4.0+ style interface for managing your notes/journal entries.
It has the features which should be in an Android text editor: clean interface, word count, proper Android appearance and searching your notes.
It is one of CNET's "Best Android notepad apps for students".
✔ Fullscreen mode
When you want to focus you can hide the action bar and go to the fullscreen mode. In this mode you will see just your writing (and the onscreen keyboard if you are using it). There is an additional fullscreen view mode, where you can read text with editing disabled.
✔ Automatic Saving
Notes save when you go back to the main screen, when you switch to another App or go to the Home Screen.
✔ Word and Character count
So you can keep track of how much you've written. View statistics via the menu.
✔ Quickly create new versions of notes
You can create a copy of a note at the tap of a button. And delete notes (after confirmation) quickly.
You can export notes in HTML format to your external storage/SD card (ideal if you want to edit them in Word/Pages/OpenOffice Writer).
✔ Easy note/journal entry management
Notes are ordered by standard last-edited-first order and with a tap of your left thumb you can filter by date. In the latest version you can also order by creation date (Journal style). You can also do a text search to locate particular notes/entries.
✔ (Bluetooth) Keyboards
Keyboards work really well with Write. With a physical keyboard the fullscreen mode really is fullscreen (or as close as Android allows). Keyboard shortcuts for common actions.
✔ Onscreen keyboard
Auto-correct is enabled (with a physical keyboard it is disabled) for more accurate writing.
Using Android's share feature Write is ideal for the preparation of blog entries, emails or other text. Just tap on share to send it to many applications:
Works really well with...
But should work in similar applications too. It uses a standard Android sharing 'Intent'.
If you are a Dropbox user checkout Write Notebook as this offers full background sync, support for phones and a new interface.
It is simple, clean, neatly organized, lightweight, yet powerful word processor designed for both tablets and phones.
Please note that this is free version and has the following constraints
- Number of notes are constrained to three
- Does not support export feature
- Only allowed to view txt files.
Work with smooth scrolling pages with font, keyboard, and many other options!
EXPORT AND SHARE SEAMLESSLY
The app supports browser for My notes, SD card, External SD card, My Document, and Box - copy and paste among storages seamlessly.
Almost every edit options can be changed in the editor – no switching back and forth to settings screen. For fast navigation and operation, on-screen toolbars are provided.
Organize documents in your own way. Make different styles of folders and move your notes, or you can make copy of your notes.
SECURE YOUR DATA
The app offers backup and restore feature. Use password protection to keep your note safe.
Some of the xWriter features include:
1) Browse and edit from My Notes, SD card, External SD card, My Document, and Box
2) Folder - create unlimited depth of folders, you can delete/rename folders and move notes to folder
3) Folder style - 9 different folder styles to choose from
4) Search notes - search your notes in specific folder
5) Share document
6) Export as txt or pdf
7) PDF export options - page size(A4, A3, etc), page margins (narrow, wide, etc), print page number, text color, background color, password encryption and more
1) Fast touch interaction through its own gesture engine
2) Toolbar for save, select all, cut, copy, paste, undo/redo, page up/down/begin/end, and page next/prev/first/last
3) Unique background, font, text size, page margin, and line spacing settings for each note
4) 10+ different note styles to choose from
5) Pages - add pages to your note and flip pages by swipe gesture or toolbar buttons
6) Page thumbnail view and manipulation - insert/delete/merge/add pages
7) undo & redo
8) Text search - search for characters up/down with case sensitive search option
9) Fonts – in addition to sans serif, monospace, and serif, it supports arial, courier, times, georgia, and verdana only if installed in your device
10) Keyboard - capitalize all/sentence/word options, and enable suggestions
11) Auto save - choose to save automatically or not
12) Word Count
13) Text selection (double tap or long press to select a word)
14) Insert page, delete page, insert page break, merge pages
It’s is compatible with android devices with version 2.2+ including tablets and phones such as Samsung Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Note, Asus Transformer, Acer Picasso, Acer Iconia, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Optimus G Pro, etc.
Our prompt generators use scene elements, words, sketches, colors, genres and writing types, unleashing endless random bits of fantasy to fuel your muse. Plus, we've included our database of 600 creative writing prompts so you've got them right at your finger tips, online or off!
Shake your device or swipe across the screen to change prompts. Add the prompts you like best to your favorites and revisit them at any time.
** Four prompt generators: Scenes, Sketches, Texts and Words. Store your favorite prompts into the "Fav's" tab by tapping the favorite star on any prompt.
** Includes over 250 scene elements, 400 words, 60 sketches, 10 colors, 80+ genres and more -- all of which generate millions and millions of unique prompts.
** Includes 600 text prompts. This assortment of phrases, quotes, writing exercises, story openers and much more will help jump start your writing muse.
** Store an unlimited number of prompts in your "Favorite Prompts". Quickly swipe back and forth to page through them.
** Multitasking support! Switch to another app and back, Writing Prompts resumes quickly right to where you left off.
** Swipe left-to-right to go back to previous prompt! (This is an option in the settings area that can be switched to right-to-left swipe or turned off completely.)
This app is sure to help you fight writer's block and get your creativity flowing!
** REQUIRES: ARMv7, Andriod 2.2 or higher
HOW DOES IT WORK?
It's easy. You just have to press "start" and the app gives you the first prompt to start writing your story. Choose the one that you most like and fire up your writing. Then, every minute (or the time you choose in the app settings) the app will give you a new prompt for you to add new ideas, words, characters, sentences, places or actions to the plot. Quite a challenge to turn your writing into a game!
THIS APP IS GOING TO MAKE YOU...
• Improve your writing. The best way to learn how to write is writing, and you're going to write a lot.
• Write everywhere. You will make the most of the time by sparking your creativity.
• Inspired. Forget about creative blocks and carry always the muses with you.
• Get fun. Because writing must be funny and when we enjoy, everything gets easier.
• Motivated. With this app, writing is like a game and you will want to write daily.
WRITING TIPS TO USE THIS APP:
• Relax. Let yourself go and don't fix the text as you write. You will have time to check it out later.
• Find your own rhythm. The time between the story steps is 1 minute, but you can change it and adjust it to your style of writing.
• Try out. If you don't like the first prompt, don't worry. Try different options to trigger the spark.
• Don't censor yourself. Write the first thing that comes to your head, no matter what. Free your creativity.
• Persevere. Write every day. Writing is like any other discipline: it takes practice, practice and more practice.
• Share. Use the app to create a longer story and share it in the NaNoWriMo writing marathon.
• Have fun. Use the app exercises as a game. This way your writing will flow easily and the result will be better.
• Enjoy your ideas in company. You can also use the app with your friends and create great stories together step by step.
Improvise and experience free writing is now funnier than ever. Great for all kind of writers, young and old. You will never fear the blank page again. Express your creativity and have fun.
More from developer
- Simple touch control. Touch to save or drop blocks.
- Randomly generated falling blocks. No two games are ever the same.
- Easy and fun to play, but challenging to master.
- 42 levels of puzzle fun.
- Simple touch control. Touch to save or drop blocks.
- Randomly generated falling blocks. No two games are ever the same.
- Easy and fun to play, but challenging to master.
- 42 levels of puzzle fun.